PDA

View Full Version : Don't ever order anything from SCIENCELAB.COM

Crimmy
2010-03-16, 09:07 PM
This shamelessly quoted from mafiascum.net.

That company is a fraud.

Sources:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ScienceLab
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/sciencelab.com
http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-reviews/petroleum-products/science-lab-com-in-humble-tx-13007572/
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=8270
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sciencelabcom-c254656.html
http://blogs.chron.com/consumerwatch/2008/04/
http://www.ripoffreport.com/drug-manufacturers/sciencelab-com/sciencelab-com-kept-my-money-f-db4mc.htm
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:Z07Tnroaf-gJ:www.ecstaticlyrics.com/bull****/sciencelab.com/+%22sciencelab.com%22+scam&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

http://canada-gardens.com/images/merge-small.jpg

Also, the fake answer they gave Dripping, and his own answer to them:

{table]Finally, after complaining about them all over the internet, this is what I get]I am an independent consultant currently working with ScienceLab.com and I was asked to review your order. I completely understand your frustration with the process through which you have come through to this point. With that said, my goal is to help you reach some type of resolution with the company. Ultimately, I would like to speak with you on the phone in order to prevent any discussion from being lost in translation over email, but before we get to that point I would like to clarify a few points.

Can you confirm your receipt of two (2) 500ML units of Propylene Glycol, USP, item number SLP2974-500ML?
Can you confirm receipt of a cashier's check, Serial # 0082803249, written for $207.83?
Can you confirm that the payment initially made for your purchase was made by MasterCard ending in 0977 for the amount of $379.58 on April 16, 2009?

Secondary to those confirmations, which I appreciate you making for me, it appears that right off the bat you are still owed $35 for a Hazardous Materials fee for a product that was not shipped; you mentioned in an email that you wanted a refund of $473.77 in Canadian dollars. Would you mind justifying that amount relative to the payment initially made?

Please understand that I am only asking these questions to clarify your perspective on the matter; I am not challenging your perspective in any way. As stated before, I do understand your frustration and hopefully, in the end, some of that frustration can be relieved. While I have not dealt with your specific issue before today, many of your frustrations in dealing with ScienceLab.com have been addressed since February 1. New policies and procedures have been implemented to prevent these types of customer service issues; and, while I am sure it is quite unlikely that you will ever find the need to call ScienceLab.com again, if you did, I am sure you would have quite a different experience. I would be more than welcoming of any constructive criticism you might provide in order to help me improve the system.

On a personal note, while the most obvious scapegoat for the blame of your issues and that of some other customers are the owners of the company, as they are ultimately responsible for what happens within the walls of their business, in no way would either have accepted the status of your order had they been truly aware of the situation with your order. Unfortunately, in the past two years, while each has dealt with a bout with cancer and been mostly out of the office, the office manager abused her privileges and the situation with which the owners were faced. Granted, that is no excuse, but I do think that type of clarification should have some impact on the public personal postings made by yourself and two other customers. The internet is a powerful tool for advocating the positive or negative aspects of a company, but personal attacks at an individual's family or listing their children's names (as another unhappy customer did) is not necessarily the best way to go about getting the desired results. But, that's just my opinion and to be honest I hope that if we can resolve this issue from a business standpoint then you might be willing to retract personal information attacks. It is our responsibility as a company, on the other hand, to responsibly address the concerns you have regarding your experience in dealing with the company.

Thank you for your time in reading this lengthy email, and if you are willing, I hope we can speak on the phone in order to completely resolve this matter at a time that would be most convenient for you.[/table]

Applying every scumhunting technique I have learned on this site, this was my reply:

The propylene glycol was (1) at least 40 year old, (2) is dark amber so Lord only knows it it is propylene glycol, and (3) it was NOT kept in an amber bottle to protect it from light degradation. Amateurs know this. People that "sell" chemicals ought to know better.

I want to be refunded for that so-called propylene that was clearly scavenged from another lab and perhaps mislabeled. I am a retired molecular biologist, I know what propylene glycol should look like, short chain, long chain, it's ALWAYS a clear liquid kept in an amber bottle.

$473.77 is the amount I was charged in CANADIAN dollars. The exchange rate has changed. I want to be refunded the equivalent of $473.77 CDN. Period. I will not accept a penny less. Don't try to short change me.

There is no cashier's cheque. That is a JOKE. And a lie. You don't even say what bank it's from, haha. First of all, I paid by Master Card, you refund me on MasterCard. That's what everyone does. Not for an instant do I believe that you ever sent me a cashier's cheque, the very suggestion is absurd. It takes some nerve to continue lying at this point.

I'm not sure what changes you've made to the company, but even after February 1, no one answers phones or emails at sciencelab.com.

Since you are capable of lying about a fictional cashier's cheque, you're probably not beyond lying about the owners having cancer, too. I don't believe it. There's no cancer. The shame of being thieves may keep them out of the office - that I believe.

I will continue warning everyone not to purchase from sciencelab.com all over the internet until I receive my full refund in Canadian dollars. When I receive my money back, I will stop. However, I will never retract my complaints with your company like you have gotten other people to do. It shouldn't ever have come to this. I shouldn't need to scream my head off all over the place to get a refund that was owed to me and should have been refunded AUTOMATICALLY a long time ago. You should have refunded me earlier. Period.

I will never, ever, bring the owner's children into this. I will not harass the owners at home. I will not cross any legal boundaries. I will use every public forum and legal avenue for them to be brought to JUSTICE. So that they stop robbing people.

With the time it took to make up that fake serial number for a phantom cashier's cheque, you could have refunded me already.

That's the only thing that will shut me up.

Also, you're no independent consultant, your phone number is at Sciencelab.com. Really.

I hope that by now you realize that I'm no fool.

I don't want to speak to you on the phone. I want my money back. TODAY.

You can call me now, but I'm leaving in 20 minutes. And I don't want to hear any sob stories, or pleading for retraction of my comments. I want the money. Nothing else will do.

Fabricating a good fakeclaime takes an eternity. You work too fast.

DIE SCUM DIE

Lynch time

vote: sciencelab.com

DoomITP
2010-03-16, 09:35 PM
Dang, I wonder if the site will get closed down or something.

:smallconfused:

MethosH
2010-03-16, 09:49 PM
Well.. I'm safe, I don't buy stuff from sites that have bad design draws and low resolution propaganda pictures :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2010-03-16, 09:55 PM
The "Die scumbags die" part sorta makes his otherwise well thought out rant pretty moot. Thats just sloppy.

SensFan
2010-03-16, 10:06 PM
The "Die scumbags die" part sorta makes his otherwise well thought out rant pretty moot. Thats just sloppy.
While I realize it was sent to the company, I suspect that line was included solely for the benefit of those on mafiascum.net, and that Goofball already planned on posting this there. It's an inside joke on the site, if you will.

Edit:
Just went to check the post originally made on the other website. Due to the formatting of the post, it didn't copy properly into GitP. The e-mail to ScienceLab ends with "You can call me now, but I'm leaving in 20 minutes. And I don't want to hear any sob stories, or pleading for retraction of my comments. I want the money. Nothing else will do."
The inside joke was, in fact, posted as commentary below her quoting of the e-mail she sent.

Crimmy
2010-03-16, 10:21 PM
Seems like we'll need some more help.

Anybody here is in another kind of forums where you can advertise this?