PDA

View Full Version : Going up against lich-like boss

randomhero00
2010-03-17, 12:16 AM
Will deathward protect us from every type of insta gib spell or ability a lich could throw at us? What about soul stealing special abilities?

Recommended protections?

Thanks

BobVosh
2010-03-17, 12:19 AM
Deathward is nice, but not total protection.

I would recommend deathward, freedom of movement, elemental protections if he is big on evocations, AMF is always a crowd pleaser if they are big spell casters, remove paralysis, and standard combat buffs. Liches are (normally) spell casters so anything that messes with wizards/clerics is good. Antimagic-ray can win this fight for you.

randomhero00
2010-03-17, 12:24 AM
Deathward is nice, but not total protection.

I would recommend deathward, freedom of movement, elemental protections if he is big on evocations, AMF is always a crowd pleaser if they are big spell casters, remove paralysis, and standard combat buffs. Liches are (normally) spell casters so anything that messes with wizards/clerics is good. Antimagic-ray can win this fight for you.

Would AMF be the only way to deal with soul stealing abilities? We've found notes alluding to the loss of our souls if we enter, kind of thing.

BobVosh
2010-03-17, 12:37 AM
It would be one of the two most assured ways. Basically to garentee safety vs soul stealing is to have your soul somewhere else, or immune to SU, SP, and spells.

randomhero00
2010-03-17, 12:43 AM
It would be one of the two most assured ways. Basically to garentee safety vs soul stealing is to have your soul somewhere else, or immune to SU, SP, and spells.

That sucks. Seems like deathward should protect against such. How can I put my soul somewhere else? Talking spells or items?

Thanks

Fishy
2010-03-17, 12:46 AM
Simple: become a Lich.

... Wait.

randomhero00
2010-03-17, 12:52 AM
Simple: become a Lich.

... Wait.

hah, ya I just got that. I suppose if my soul was somewhere else I probably wouldn't be the type to heroically go after liches.

Hmm, maybe finding an NPC that can cast wish or miracle? "If I don't return in 4 months wish/miracle part of my body back and ressurect it." Think that would fly? Wish/miracle is pretty open ended.

magic9mushroom
2010-03-17, 03:59 AM
hah, ya I just got that. I suppose if my soul was somewhere else I probably wouldn't be the type to heroically go after liches.

Hmm, maybe finding an NPC that can cast wish or miracle? "If I don't return in 4 months wish/miracle part of my body back and ressurect it." Think that would fly? Wish/miracle is pretty open ended.

Hey, it's entirely plausible for a lich to go hunt down other liches. Especially if the other liches are doing naughty stuff that will attract those annoying dogooders.

It sounds reasonably likely, if there's talk of losing your soul, that you're actually facing a demilich. Which is Very Bad News.