PDA

View Full Version : PrC: The Swiftgulp- Caffeine Personified - PEACH

Mongoose87
2010-03-17, 11:33 AM
The Swifgulp

Amy: "Shmeesh! It's just 300 bucks, what is that, like a hundred cups of coffee?"
Fry: "That's it! I'm getting a hundred cups of coffee! Starting now. Coffee machine, one cup of coffee please."

Some people don't drink coffee. I don't know how they stand it. I couldn't go on without coffee. I love coffee. I need coffee! KEEP YOUR STINKING PAWS OFF MY COFFEE!

Anyways, those people are crazy. You can't be alert without coffee. That's why the smart ones, they can't get enough of it. They're always drinking it. They say, if you drink enough, it changes you. I haven't done it yet, but I will someday! And, when I do, all will bow before me!

*Snore*

Ah! Don't touch my coffee, you fiend!

Prerequisites:
Feats: Combat Reflexes
Skills: Craft(Coffee) 8 ranks
Maneuvers: At least two maneuvers of second level or higher known
Special: Must have drank 100 cups of coffee in a single weekend

Hit Die: D8

SWIFTGULP
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Maneuvers

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|Consume Like A Cornugon| -

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+0|Keep it Coming!|+1 level of existing maneuver initiating class

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+1|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing maneuver initiating class

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|Beansense|+1 level of existing maneuver initiating class

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|I've Been Up All Night|+1 level of existing maneuver initiating class

6th|
+6|
+2|
+5|
+2|This Coffee is Shaking, Bonus Feat|-

7th|
+7|
+2|
+5|
+2||+1 level of existing maneuver initiating class

8th|
+8|
+2|
+6|
+2|Can't Stop Thinking of Coffee|+1 level of existing maneuver initiating class

9th|
+9|
+3|
+6|
+3|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing maneuver initiating class

10th|
+10|
+3|
+7|
+3|Nirvanajava|+1 level of existing maneuver initiating class[/table]

Class Features

Maneuver Initiating
At every level but first and sixth, the you gain new maneuvers known and readied as though you had gained a level in a martial adept class to which you belonged to before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one martial adept class before becoming a swiftgulp, you must decide which class gains each level for the purpose of determining maneuvers readied (and granted) and maneuvers and stances known. Swiftgulp levels stack with all your martial adept classes for purposes of determining initiator level.

Consume Like a Cornugon (Ex)
Your unique 100 brew experience has left you with a distinct understanding of caffeine. By spending a full-round action to consume an entire large mug of coffee, you may enter a state of heightened reflexes and hastened metabolism, known as the Java Trance. While in this state, you gain a +4 bonus to hit on attacks of opportunity, +2 to maneuver save DCs and a +4 bonus to your dexterity.

You may stay in the Java Trance for a maximum number of rounds equal to your base reflex save.

A downside of this ability is that, while in it, you automatically fail any charisma-based checks, due to your extreme jitters. The exception is intimidate checks.

Keep It Coming!(Ex)
When in your Java Trance, you may spend a move action to down an espresso, refreshing 1d6 of your spent maneuvers. For a Crusader, this also grants half of those maneuvers refreshed, with a minimum of one granted.

Bonus Feat
At third, sixth and ninth levels, you gain a bonus feat from the list of fighter bonus feats for which you meet the prerequisites.

Beansense(Su)
You have consumed so much coffee that you can sense its presence. Any time you come within 30ft of coffee or coffee beans, you instantly become aware of its location. This includes if it is in an opponent's stomach.

I've Been Up All Night (Ex)
Any time you would be affected by fatigue or exhaustion, you may spend a full-round action to consume a large mug of joe and avoid the effects.

This Coffee is Shaking (I don't want my coffee shaking!)(Ex)
When in your Java Trance, you may act as though hasted.

Can't Stop Thinking of Coffee(Ex)
While in your Java Trance, you may chug a latte as a move action in order to expend maneuvers to gain additional standard actions. Upon chugging the latte, you roll 1d4. The resulting number is the maximum number of standard actions you may gain in this manner.

You may only use this ability once per encounter.

Following the use of this ability, you must make a reflex save with a DC equal to 20 + the number of standard actions you gained or fall prone from the swift changes in the speed of your movements.

Nirvanajava(Su)
When in your Java Trance, you may spend another full-round action to chug a massive cup of guarana-infused joe. You suddenly no longer feel the jitters typically associated with excessive caffeine consumption. You enter an elated state, as the entire world seems to move more slowly around you. All maneuvers you have readied are instantly expended and you are effected by a special form of the Time Stop spell for a number of rounds equal to half the maneuvers you had readied.

Unlike a usual Time Stop, you may act in ways that affect others. However, you may not recover any maneuvers while using this ability.

After using this ability, you are sickened for two rounds.

You may use this ability once per day.

Mongoose87
2010-03-17, 12:29 PM
What, no Futurama fans?

Fortuna
2010-03-17, 12:43 PM
It's usual to spell out how many maneuvers you get at each level seperately, rather than just saying it progresses an initiator class. Warblade is the standard model to work from.

Mongoose87
2010-03-17, 12:45 PM
It's usual to spell out how many maneuvers you get at each level seperately, rather than just saying it progresses an initiator class. Warblade is the standard model to work from.

I know, but I wanted it to work differently. If you enter as a Crusader, you get additional maneuvers as one. If you enter as a Warblade, that's how you get your maneuvers.

DracoDei
2010-03-17, 12:59 PM
Why am I not surprised that someone named "Mongoose" created a class about being hyper?

Do levels of this class count as fighter levels for the purposes of qualifying for feats? I could see it either way...

Does "keep it coming" grant the refreshed maneuvers for a Crusader?

Mongoose87
2010-03-17, 01:08 PM
I altered Keep It Coming to specify how it works for Crusaders.

I don't think I'll have it count as fighter levels for prerequisites. I feel bad taking away the few goodies fighter actually have.

DracoDei
2010-03-17, 02:27 PM
Nirvanajava sounds like it could get a Sword-sage a BUNCH of rounds to move around Coup de Gracing people... I also, incidentally, note a similarity to the climax of a certain movie named after a landscaping feature.

Mongoose87
2010-03-17, 03:01 PM
Nirvanajava sounds like it could get a Sword-sage a BUNCH of rounds to move around Coup de Gracing people... I also, incidentally, note a similarity to the climax of a certain movie named after a landscaping feature.

Could you suggest any way to prevent Swordsage slaughterizing of the entire battlefield?

What movie?

Eloel
2010-03-17, 03:12 PM
Nice!
Here, have some cookies.
No they're not chocolote chip cookies, they're infused with COFFEE BEANS!

Now that that's out of way;

Nice class. Needs more love for Ice Coffee, and has a dead level. Looks like a perfect match. Maybe some sort of self-healing?

AustontheGreat1
2010-03-17, 03:23 PM
This may be stupid, but you might want to create a chart containing the craft DC's for all the different types of coffee and caffeinated drinks.

Mongoose87
2010-03-17, 03:36 PM
This may be stupid, but you might want to create a chart containing the craft DC's for all the different types of coffee and caffeinated drinks.

That's a good idea. If I'm bored, later tonight, I might draw one up.

TabletopNuke
2010-03-18, 12:04 AM
What, no Futurama fans?
Imp_Fireball's Goofy Character thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134817)has plenty of Futurama love.

The 100-cup right of passage to take this class probably involves some Fort saves to prevent caffeine overdose.

Ref save is a really weird way to determine duration. What about class level?