PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Mount

Thefurmonger
2010-03-17, 05:44 PM
Can anyone point to the rules for riding a burrowing mount?

I cant seem to find any.

Thank you.

Kaiyanwang
2010-03-17, 05:50 PM
Why don't you overcome the problem riding a stoneglyder? Is a sort of winged stone tiger in Underdark able to fly in the stone, and transmit this ability to the rider..

And yeah, this is my way of say: "dunno".

Nate the Snake
2010-03-17, 06:01 PM
The ashworm from Sandstorm can serve as a mount and has a burrow speed. The associated prestige class, the Ashworm Dragoon, gains class features that allow it to ride the worm while burrowing, so I would assume that you would be swept off of a burrowing mount unless you had an ability that says otherwise.

Grumman
2010-03-17, 06:04 PM
I believe Races of Stone has a special burrowing saddle designed to protect the rider of a burrowing mount.

Ravens_cry
2010-03-17, 06:10 PM
The ashworm from Sandstorm can serve as a mount and has a burrow speed. The associated prestige class, the Ashworm Dragoon, gains class features that allow it to ride the worm while burrowing, so I would assume that you would be swept off of a burrowing mount unless you had an ability that says otherwise.
If it also makes your eyes glow blue, I think Frank Herbert's Estates lawyers may want a word.

Admiral Squish
2010-03-17, 06:11 PM
RoS has both a saddle for riding a burrowing mount, but the Thrum Worm, a sonic-blasting earthworm that gnomes domesticated. I'm sure they make them in large, too.

Half-ninjaed...

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-17, 06:15 PM
If it also makes your eyes glow blue, I think Frank Herbert's Estates lawyers may want a word.

No it does not. But you could be an Azurin Ashworm Dragoon, in which case you do have blue glowing eyes.

Greenish
2010-03-17, 06:17 PM
If it also makes your eyes glow blue, I think Frank Herbert's Estates lawyers may want a word.Ashworm is about the size of a horse, and to ride sandworms you'll have to convince them not to dive.

Ashiel
2010-03-17, 07:29 PM
Dire Badger + Handle Animal = Burrowing Mount.

Thank you; come again. :smallsmile:

HunterOfJello
2010-03-17, 07:33 PM
Dire Badger + Handle Animal = Burrowing Mount.

Thank you; come again. :smallsmile:

I was about to post this. Well done.

Just make sure the badger doesn't get attacked by anything, otherwise it'll go berserk.

Darrin
2010-03-17, 10:31 PM
Ashworm is about the size of a horse, and to ride sandworms you'll have to convince them not to dive.

The Burrower's Saddle from Races of Stone allows you to stay on the Ashworm when it burrows. However, there are some significant downsides: lose your Dex bonus (hello sneak attack!) to AC and take a -4 penalty on attacks.