PDA

View Full Version : How much should this cost?

Adonis1x23
2010-03-17, 06:54 PM
I want to buy a ring that would let me use Invisible Spell--like a metamagic rod. I don't know how you would price it because the other metamagic wands all increase spell level by at least one, where as Invisible spell does not raise it at all.

So what would be a fair price? For a base one(for 6th level spells and lower) calculated it to be about 5,000 gp for 3/day.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-17, 07:07 PM
I want to buy a ring that would let me use Invisible Spell--like a metamagic rod. I don't know how you would price it because the other metamagic wands all increase spell level by at least one, where as Invisible spell does not raise it at all.

So what would be a fair price? For a base one(for 6th level spells and lower) calculated it to be about 5,000 gp for 3/day.

I'd base it on same as Metamagic (+1 slot) but -1000 gp from listed price.

So: 2,000 gp/10,000 gp/23,500 gp

HunterOfJello
2010-03-17, 07:19 PM
in the Magic Item Compendium the cheapest Metamagic Rod that effects spells up to level 6 is the Substitution Metamagic rod which applies Energy Substitution Metamagic to a spell 3 times /day

as a feat Energy Subsitituoin Metamagic doesn't change the spell level of the spell, so I would value a Invisible Spell Metamagic Rod as the same as that one

that makes it cost

2,700(lesser, up to lvl 3 spells), 10,500 (up to lvl 6), and 24,300 (up to lvl 9)

however, taking the Invisible Spell feat would be much cheaper in general

Splendor
2010-03-17, 07:24 PM
Ioun Stone of Alertness is 10,000gp: Grants Alertness feat
+1 weapon of Mighty Cleaving is 8,000: Grants Cleave feat
+1 Weapon of Keen is 8,000: Grants improved Critical feat
+1 Shield of Arrow deflecting is 9,000: Grants Deflect Arrows feat

So for a item that grants a meta magic feat (with a +0 spell level adjustment) should be.. 5,000gp? As an Ioun stone it would be 10,000gp. As a weapon enchantment it would be +1, armor/shield +2.

But you have to have someone with the Invisible spell feat make the item.

Adonis1x23
2010-03-19, 03:25 AM
My DM is fine with me just finding one in a store in a large city, because it isn't some like holy relic.

magic9mushroom
2010-03-19, 03:30 AM
It should cost at least as much as a rod of Empower, because Invisible Spell is broken.

Gnaritas
2010-03-19, 04:10 AM
It should cost at least as much as a rod of Empower, because Invisible Spell is broken.

That is no fair comparison.

I will not go into whether Invisible Spell is better than Empower spell.
If it is, it is most likely because invisible spell has no slot adjustment.
Since the Rod is used to negate this slot adjustment your statement is false.

Taking Invisible as a feat makes the rod useless, taking empower spell as a feat makes the rod still usefull.

Unless you also think Invisible spell is also more broken than Empower Spell with no slot adjustment.