PDA

View Full Version : Webcomic Hosting?

Jokasti
2010-03-17, 08:21 PM
I couldn't decide which subforum to post this in, so if Roland is going to move it, I'd be fine with it.
I am going to put up a webcomic soon, hopefully tomorrow. I have been extensively researching (read:googling) this and found a few decent free ones. I won't be paying for hosting until I get a good footing. A few I found were:
~DrunkDuck
~Smack Jeeves
~Comic Genesis
Your 2cp?

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-17, 08:27 PM
DrunkDuck is filled with Orphaned Webcomics and other crap.

I been to Smackjeeves a bit. Don't know much about it though.

Same with Comic Genesis. Don't know much.

I'd say Smackjeeves.

Jokasti
2010-03-17, 09:16 PM
Hmm. Any particular reason?

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-17, 09:29 PM
Nope. :smalltongue:

I'll look into Comic Genesis and Smackjeeves a bit more.

Thajocoth
2010-03-18, 02:15 AM
I went with GoDaddy for mine. Though, that's site hosting. I just happened to put a webcomic on it. No, it's not the one in my sig. That's my friend's comic which is 20x better than mine.

A couple of comics I read are on Drunk Duck. Haven't really heard of the others... I guess I don't really have much of a suggestion between those few options, really.

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-18, 02:28 AM
Keenspot is one that I see regularly too. Not being a webcomic artist, I wouldn't know the in's and out's of one over the other though.

Pepz
2010-03-18, 02:38 AM
keenspot is a bit of a double edged blade though. It has some great comics, like Devil's Panties and Two Lumps. Zebra Girls is on there too, and I've heard good things about that one...

problems is that the rest is either dead or completely unknown.
Keenspot itself on the other hand is relatively well known.

Zeb The Troll
2010-03-18, 02:48 AM
Goblins (http://goblins.keenspot.com/) is hosted there too.

Though now, looking at their home page, there was an announcement on 12/19/2009 that they are no longer accepting submissions for new webcomics.