PDA

View Full Version : Disciple of Dispater redux (PEACH please)

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-18, 09:25 AM
In the vein of my previous attempts at making disciple classes, I am now reduxing the disciple of Dispater. I know the other one was great, but I'm rebuilding the disciples to be more like their masters, their masters' layers, and to all around feel evil and cultish. With that I present the:

Disciple of Dispater

Requirements

To qualify to become a disciple of Dispater, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Alignment: Lawful Evil.

Base Attakc Bonus: +5

Feats: Brand of the Nine Hells (Dispater), Improved Toughness

Skills: Knowledge (the planes) 4 ranks, Listen 4 ranks, Spot 4 ranks

Special: To join this class a prospective Disciple of Dispater must survive poisoning his/her self with a massive amount of concentrated magical iron dust without any magical, alchemical, or mundane assistance. The concentrated iron dust costs 100gp. He must make a DC 17 fort save every 24 hours for 7 days after he ingests the poison or take 1d4 Constitution damage (this damage doesn’t heal naturally while they are still poisoned). If he makes 2 successful saves in a row the sickness is immediately purged (And in this case he would then be whisked away to Dis to be reborn).

Disciple of Dispater
hit dice: d12
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+2|Baptism of iron, damage reduction

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|Defensive stance 1/day, immunity to suprise, mark of Dis

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+3|Dispater’s reinforcements I

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+4|Defensive stance 2/day, rusting touch 1/day

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+4|Blessing of Dis

6th|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+5|Defensive stance 3/day, dispater’s reinforcements II

7th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+5|What came before

8th|
+8|
+6|
+6|
+6|Defensive stance 4/day, rusting touch 2/day

9th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+6|Dispater’s reinforcements III

10th|
+10|
+7|
+7|
+7|Defensive stance at will in sanctum, dreadnought of Dis [/table]

Class Skills

The disciple of Dispater's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int) and Spot (Wis).

Skills points

2+Int modifier

Baptism of Iron: When a disciple of Dispater is brought before Dispater, the Lord of the Second resurects the would-be disciple and bestows upon him a mighty gift. Dispater gives him a small fleck of iron from the burning walls of Dis, which grafts itself to him the moment the disciple takes it. This iron forms a suit of armour that bonds perfectly to the disciple, even affecting his physiology, making him an extension of Dispater's will and punishing him for trusting the lord of the distrustful. Each disciple is a walking part of the festering iron city, walking and living as before but now a mockery of his waking life before (the appearance of this form is up to the disciple, whether it is grotesque and gargoylish or looks like a metal facsimile of his former self must be determined at this level and cannot be changed). A disciple of Dispater becomes a living construct, and gains the following subtype.
Living Construct Subtype (Ex): Disciple of Dispater are constructs with the living construct subtype. A living construct is a created being given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments.
Disciple of Dispater are living constructs that combine aspects of both constructs and living creatures, as detailed below.
Features: As a living construct, a disciple of Dispater has the
following features.
—A disciple of Dispater derives its Hit Dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws, and skill points from the class it selects.
Traits: A disciple of Dispater possesses the following traits.
—Unlike other constructs, a disciple of Dispater has a Constitution score.
—Unlike other constructs, a disciple of Dispater does not have low-light vision or darkvision.
—Unlike other constructs, a disciple of Dispater is not immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities.
—Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain.
—A disciple of Dispater cannot heal damage naturally.
—Unlike other constructs, disciple of Dispater are subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.
—As living constructs, disciple of Dispater can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a disciple of Dispater
can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a disciple of Dispater is vulnerable to disable construct and harm. However, spells from the healing subschool and supernatural abilities that cure hit point damage or ability damage provide only half their normal effect to a disciple of Dispater.
—The unusual physical construction of disciple of Dispater makes them vulnerable to certain spells and effects that normally don’t affect living creatures. A disciple of Dispater takes damage from heat metal and chill metal as if he were wearing metal armor. Likewise, a
disciple of Dispater is affected by repel metal or stone as if he were wearing metal armor. The iron in the body of a disciple of Dispater makes him vulnerable to rusting grasp. The creature takes 2d6 points of damage from the spell (Reflex half; save DC 14 + caster’s ability modifier). A disciple of Dispater takes the same damage from a rust monster’s touch
(Reflex DC 17 half).
—A disciple of Dispater responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A disciple of Dispater with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a
living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than –10, a disciple of Dispater is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert disciple of Dispater does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable.
—As a living construct, a disciple of Dispater can be raised or resurrected.
—A disciple of Dispater does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but he can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes’ feast and potions.
—Although living constructs do not need to sleep, a disciple of Dispater wizard must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.

The disciple becomes subject to a forbidden speech spell due to this process, the effect of which is that the disciple cannot speak of the process that granted him his new body. This effect does not allow a save or SR (unlike the spell), though most disciple's don't want to share this information with would-be disciple's anyway, the transformation having expunged any trust of others from their system.

Damage Reduction: The hellforged iron of Dis reinforces the body of a disciple of Dispater, making him resistant to blows. He gains damage reduction 1/chaotic. Each level thereafter, his damage reduction improves by 1, until by 10th level, he has damage reduction 10/chaotic.

Defensive Stance: When he adopts a defensive stance, a 2nd level disciple of Dispater gains phenomenal strength and durability, but he cannot move from the spot he is defending. He gains +2 to Strength, +4 to Constitution, a +2 resistance bonus on all saves, and a +4 dodge bonus to AC. The increase in Constitution increases the disciple’s hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the defensive stance when the Constitution score drops back 4 points. These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are. While in a defensive stance, a disciple cannot use skills or abilities that would require him to shift his position. A defensive stance lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A disciple may end his defensive stance voluntarily prior to this limit. At the end of the defensive stance, the disciple is winded and takes a -2 penalty to Strength for the duration of that encounter. A disciple of Dispater can use his defensive stance once per day at second level, and gains an additional use per day at 4th, 6th and 8th level. Using the defensive stance takes no time itself, but a disciple can only do so during his action. At 10th level, a disciple can use defensive stance at will within his sanctum. Such a use does not count against his uses per day.

Immunity to suprise: At 2nd level, a disciple of Dispater is never caught flat-footed.

Mark of Dis: When a 2nd level disciple of Dispater moves (and only when he moves), the square in which he starts his movement is not considered threatened. In addition, once per round as an immediate action, he can choose to gain a +4 bonus to AC or a single save. The bonus applies to one or the other, but not both.

Dispater’s Reinforcements I: At 3rd level, a disciple of Dispater can spend 24 hours attuning an area of 500ft2 per class level to become his private sanctum. Only complete floors of a building can be warded. Within this sanctum, the disciple gains a deflection bonus to his AC equal to his class level. All doors and windows in the sanctum are warded by the silent version of alarm.

Rusting Touch: A 4th level disciple of Dispater that makes a successful touch attack with his hand causes the target metal to corrode, falling to pieces and becoming useless immediately. The touch can destroy up to a 10-foot cube of metal instantly. Magic armor and weapons, and other magic items made of metal, must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 10+disciple of Dispater's class level+Con modifier) or be dissolved. A disciple of Dispater can use this ability once per day at 4th level and twice per day at 8th level.

Blessing of Dis: A 5th level disciple of Dispater can once per day as an immediate action gain immunity from one type of energy (acid, cold, electricity, fire or sonic) for one round per disciple of Dispater level.

Dispater’s Reinforcements II: At 6th level, when inside his sanctum, a disciple of Dispater can designate a 20 foot radius as dimension locked, and can designate a single surface as subject to a symbol of pain spell. These effects cannot be changed once the decision is made. If triggered or dispelled, they are suppressed instead for 24 hours.

What Came Before: At 7th level, the Lord of the Second grants his truly worthy disciples the ability to masquerade as their former selves for a short time, in order to further the goals of the cult of Dispater among the unsuspecting. Once per day, as a full round action, the disciple of Dispater can take the form he had in life, essentially losing the living construct subtype for eight hours. If the disciple is still no longer a humanoid (or whatever type they were before) and cannot be affected by spells like charm person. If the disciple is knocked unconscious or chooses to end the façade prematurely, he returns to his living construct state as a free action.

Dispater’s Reinforcements III: At 9th level, a disciple of Dispater's sanctum is permanantly protected by guards and wards, the five options at the end of the spell description are changeable each 24 hour period. The disciple of Dispater can also use word of recall to return to the 20 foot radius selected for dimensional lock, ignoring the effects of the dimensional lock for word of recall.

Dreadnought of Dis: If a 10th level disciple of Dispater's damage reduction prevents all damage from an attack while the disciple is in a defensive stance, the attacking weapon must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+disciple of Dispater’s class level+Con modifier) or break. If the weapon is a natural attack, it is exempt from this effect.

Don't let this thread rust away! Comment today and tear this thing to shreds!

Drolyt
2010-03-18, 10:13 AM
In the vain of my previous attempts at making disciple classes
I'm just going to point out that you mean in the vein, with an e, like the veins flowing through your body. The way you have it written makes me think all your efforts have been in vain.

I'm very sorry about being a grammar nazi, believe it or not that tiny mistake actually impeded the flow of the sentence and confused me for a second.

I'll have actual constructive criticism later.

Mongoose87
2010-03-18, 10:52 AM
Well, it's certainly not as exploitable as the last one. (Disciple of Dispater, I mean)

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-18, 02:40 PM
I'm just going to point out that you mean in the vein, with an e, like the veins flowing through your body. The way you have it written makes me think all your efforts have been in vain.

I'm very sorry about being a grammar nazi, believe it or not that tiny mistake actually impeded the flow of the sentence and confused me for a second.

I'll have actual constructive criticism later.

I know what you mean, it's fixed.

Mulletmanalive
2010-03-18, 02:51 PM
Full BAB, 8/10 casting in medium armour, d12 HD, scaling DR/Adamantine, Fortification AND becoming a living construct [immunity to disease and poisons]?

yeah...no.

I'm seeing little or no flavour connection to Dispater because the guy is the king of paranoia. The most fundamental thing here is why the hell would someone like that create something like this, which he has no direct means to control?

Secondly, this gives a bunch of advantages that Dispater himself doesn't actually have. It's practically invincible wherever it goes, whereas Dispater is only that powerful when in his personal palace of iron.

Thirdly, why would Dispater, the single being most terrified of death, reward someone for allowing themselves to be killed as an act of devotion to him, who is probably the least trustworthy individual outside the other Archdukes.

Had you called this the "Six Billion Soul-token Man" class and stuck a BAB requirement on it, i'd've probably actually liked it, in a kitch sort of way; as is, it's just an improved version of the Greenstar Initiate from CA.

Sorry for the harsh; first day at work was a killer but the only difference would have been more temperate language and a fourth total rewrite for sounding too harsh, opinion would be the same. Not up to the previous standard.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-18, 03:11 PM
Full BAB, 8/10 casting in medium armour, d12 HD, scaling DR/Adamantine, Fortification AND becoming a living construct [immunity to disease and poisons]?

yeah...no.

I'm seeing little or no flavour connection to Dispater because the guy is the king of paranoia. The most fundamental thing here is why the hell would someone like that create something like this, which he has no direct means to control?

Secondly, this gives a bunch of advantages that Dispater himself doesn't actually have. It's practically invincible wherever it goes, whereas Dispater is only that powerful when in his personal palace of iron.

Thirdly, why would Dispater, the single being most terrified of death, reward someone for allowing themselves to be killed as an act of devotion to him, who is probably the least trustworthy individual outside the other Archdukes.

Had you called this the "Six Billion Soul-token Man" class and stuck a BAB requirement on it, i'd've probably actually liked it, in a kitch sort of way; as is, it's just an improved version of the Greenstar Initiate from CA.

Sorry for the harsh; first day at work was a killer but the only difference would have been more temperate language and a fourth total rewrite for sounding too harsh, opinion would be the same. Not up to the previous standard.

Well, actually, the full BAB thing was my bad. I forgot to plug in an actual amount from modifying the first draft. I'm going to probably put it at poor BAB, but feel free to argue that.

Now on to my defence here.

Fortification? It's gone, don't like it and didn't want to put it in, but 4th and 8th looked lonely.

I can't easily recreate Dispater's power within his tower without making this the Dungeon Lord from Dungeonscape. Dispater's reinforcements are my attempt at giving the disciple a well fortified home base. I forgot to add a line in Dispater's reinforcements that I'm sure you will agree with, that the disciple needs to have remained in that location for 24 hours, otherwise the reinforcements don't work. Alarm, detect scrying, fire trap, these all speak to the usual arcane spellcaster's level of paranoia.

The damage reduction is a hold-over from sifting the green star adept for inspiration, but since that class is all about becoming the construct, and I just wanted that to be one part, I went for living construct.

Whether Dispater has any control over the class or not doesn't really have bearing on the balance of the class, but we can all assume the disciple's probably can't easily attack their masters. The idea of having to kill yourself was to show fealty to Dispater, who then for all intents and purposes takes an iron statue/gargoyle from Dis (a hella big city) and puts your mind in it. Lets just say the Lord of festering iron can control these guys, maybe use them for remote scrying, but that's all in Dispater's court and doesn't matter in this class table.

Mulletmanalive
2010-03-18, 04:29 PM
Replicating Dispater's connection with his tower is pretty simple really. This is basically a much toned down version of a similar schtick from a class that i got distracted from [the Master of the Hall of Wonders, for Le Cirque Funeste].

As a 24 hour ritual, the Disciple can designate one building to be his home, within a limit of, i dunno, 1000ft2 per class level, with only whole floors being so warded.

In this building, he has a deflection bonus to AC and DR/Chaotic equal to his class level.

Add to that Guards and Wards at one of those empty levels and the ability to spawn some traps using the other and you've got a badass sanctum. You'll probably want Word of Recall too. And Alarms on all the doors, windows and sensitive to teleports are a given.

Given Dispater's actual nature, i'd go for, at most 6/10 casting, a 3/4 or better and some bonuses against weaker creatures.

I'm also questioning Mettle a bit, simply because you could use the slot to give him an ability to never be surprised.

Dispater's thing is holding onto and gaining power through brute tyranny and careful, crushing knowledge that the other guy is up to.

Drolyt
2010-03-18, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure what to say on this one. Why is it a spellcaster? That's now how I imagine Dispater. I would think it would be a warrior class (or maybe a rogue-ish class) with lot's of magical defenses in the form of spell-like abilities and other class abilities as opposed to spells.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-18, 11:43 PM
Edited the class by making Dispater's Reinforcements the sort of abilities suggested by mulletmanalive.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-19, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure what to say on this one. Why is it a spellcaster? That's now how I imagine Dispater. I would think it would be a warrior class (or maybe a rogue-ish class) with lot's of magical defenses in the form of spell-like abilities and other class abilities as opposed to spells.

Dispater's not really a warrior anymore than he is a spellcaster. I figure the class most likely to be a paranoid guy is the wizard or sorcerer, who has great spells for protection and misdirection at their hands. Rope trick anyone?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-24, 02:36 PM
So does anyone have any thing to add? I know this class is a long way from perfect, but I wanted a disciple different from the other ones I made, in that it's less a cult leader in the "lying slippery bugger" and more of a "living representation of your object of worship".

Mulletmanalive
2010-03-24, 03:08 PM
I still hold that Dispater wouldn't create members of this class. It's counter to his MO. Free agents are wild cards and Dispater oesn't like wildcards.

Again, I don't agree with your rationalisation that this should be a spellcasting class, nor that it should be a construct.

Drolyt
2010-03-24, 03:48 PM
I'm fine with it being construct, but I don't see why it should cast spells.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-24, 03:53 PM
I still hold that Dispater wouldn't create members of this class. It's counter to his MO. Free agents are wild cards and Dispater oesn't like wildcards.

Again, I don't agree with your rationalisation that this should be a spellcasting class, nor that it should be a construct.

Well, by that rational, what disciples would Dispater make? Any disciple will be a free agent, heck, the old class was more dangerous to Dispater. I'd suppose this one could actually travel to Dis, but so could any spellcaster.

I will, however, be editing this one to be a melee character, though it might clash with my vision for my up-coming disciple of Baalzebul (I'm making it an ex-barbarian class, due to Brand of the Nine Hells/Mark of Maldomini making a disciple of Baalzebul less bard like and more disgusting, so I thought I'd lessen the bard and make a barbarian who can bluff and create viral lies. Sort of reveling in both the hulking and guileful side of the Lord of the Seventh.)

For the last two classes (Mammon is up now), I'm stumped on finshed products, so I'm going to build them piece by piece in their threads. Not usually my style, but I need help on those (BURN OUT!!).

So to recap, making Disciple of Dispater martial, but still a construct, need help with Disciples of Baalzebul and Asmodeus.

Drolyt
2010-03-24, 04:03 PM
Well, by that rational, what disciples would Dispater make? Any disciple will be a free agent, heck, the old class was more dangerous to Dispater. I'd suppose this one could actually travel to Dis, but so could any spellcaster.

I will, however, be editing this one to be a melee character, though it might clash with my vision for my up-coming disciple of Baalzebul (I'm making it an ex-barbarian class, due to Brand of the Nine Hells/Mark of Maldomini making a disciple of Baalzebul less bard like and more disgusting, so I thought I'd lessen the bard and make a barbarian who can bluff and create viral lies. Sort of reveling in both the hulking and guileful side of the Lord of the Seventh.)

For the last two classes (Mammon is up now), I'm stumped on finshed products, so I'm going to build them piece by piece in their threads. Not usually my style, but I need help on those (BURN OUT!!).

So to recap, making Disciple of Dispater martial, but still a construct, need help with Disciples of Baalzebul and Asmodeus.

Well, the Lord of the Lies should have master liars as disciples, while Asmodeus should focus on Enchantment like the original class.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-24, 04:05 PM
Well, the Lord of the Lies should have master liars as disciples, while Asmodeus should focus on Enchantment like the original class.

But do you think the idea of barbarians who can lie is a good mixture? I'm planning on giving them Baalzebul's weakening touch and maybe an ability tied to giving up rounds of rage. The idea is that Baalzebul is a rather large and imposing combatant as well as being the master of lies.

Drolyt
2010-03-24, 04:09 PM
But do you think the idea of barbarians who can lie is a good mixture? I'm planning on giving them Baalzebul's weakening touch and maybe an ability tied to giving up rounds of rage. The idea is that Baalzebul is a rather large and imposing combatant as well as being the master of lies.

I don't know, it's a bit weird. It also requires an alignment turnaround.

Edit: I just checked the original Disciple of Dispater. A Fighter 5/Disciple of Dispater 8/Weapon Master 7 with the Improved Critical feat could get a 7-20 critical on a Rapier or Falchion, along with x3 criticals. That's just sick.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-24, 04:32 PM
I don't know, it's a bit weird. It also requires an alignment turnaround.

Edit: I just checked the original Disciple of Dispater. A Fighter 5/Disciple of Dispater 8/Weapon Master 7 with the Improved Critical feat could get a 7-20 critical on a Rapier or Falchion, along with x3 criticals. That's just sick.

Well the idea is that it's an ex-barbarian who is now LE, as he would need to be in order to have Brand of the Nine Hells. Regaining rage would be a must for the class.

Drolyt
2010-03-24, 04:41 PM
Well the idea is that it's an ex-barbarian who is now LE, as he would need to be in order to have Brand of the Nine Hells. Regaining rage would be a must for the class.

Ok, I can't see the lord of lies raging.

Mulletmanalive
2010-03-24, 04:55 PM
How about this for a suggestion then?

Reflavour: Rather than dying and being rebuilt, the Erinyes gives them a suit of armour [or possibly just a badge, heck] that is forged from the iron of Dis. Upon donning it, the armour consumes the remaining scraps of trust that the new disciple has, worming its way into his flesh and punishing him for showing trust to the lord of the untrusting.

As a result, the victim is in inseparable from their armour as it has cut to the bone and knitted with the flesh.

This has Dispater punishing trust rather than rewarding it.

Also, I'd suggest replacing Defensive Stance 5/day with the ability to sustain the effect constantly or use it an infinite number of times in their stronghold and tying the Dreadnaught of Dis ability to the Defensive Stance one. It simply seems appropriate.

Ok, I can't see the lord of lies raging.

He's supposed to be really unstable since he was transformed from his original Gratz like appearance to his new, useless slug-form.

On the other hand, i can't follow the shift from crude to suave as opposed to the suave to crude shift of the patron. Possibly adding a snap rage [similar to the strength domain thing] to the mix instead of the sustained one of the Barbarian would fit better...

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-24, 05:04 PM
How about this for a suggestion then?

Reflavour: Rather than dying and being rebuilt, the Erinyes gives them a suit of armour [or possibly just a badge, heck] that is forged from the iron of Dis. Upon donning it, the armour consumes the remaining scraps of trust that the new disciple has, worming its way into his flesh and punishing him for showing trust to the lord of the untrusting.

As a result, the victim is in inseparable from their armour as it has cut to the bone and knitted with the flesh.

This has Dispater punishing trust rather than rewarding it.

Also, I'd suggest replacing Defensive Stance 5/day with the ability to sustain the effect constantly or use it an infinite number of times in their stronghold and tying the Dreadnaught of Dis ability to the Defensive Stance one. It simply seems appropriate.

He's supposed to be really unstable since he was transformed from his original Gratz like appearance to his new, useless slug-form.

On the other hand, i can't follow the shift from crude to suave as opposed to the suave to crude shift of the patron. Possibly adding a snap rage [similar to the strength domain thing] to the mix instead of the sustained one of the Barbarian would fit better...

Okay, may I first apologize. I have been getting frustrated with this class lately, and I may have taken it out in my posts. But frustration wins the day I'd say, because THAT-REFLAVOUR-IS-AWESOME!!!! Perfect, something you and I can both agree on (rare as that is, but it's why I value your opinion)

Other things, implimented now!

Mulletmanalive
2010-03-24, 05:27 PM
I'd say that rather than dying, he should be instead invited to meet with Dispater after sacrificing someone he knows for plotting against him [only the suspicion needs be genuine].

It's more of a punishment if the vic is still alive and feeling...

Oh. 1000ft2 is really rather small for a lair, so some factor of the level or increasing it with each additional ability would be nice. That and the 5th use of Defensive Stance seems slightly unnecessary, though my main reason for mentioning it is that it makes the class table look a little messy :smallamused:

Other than that, I'm soooo tempted to use this in a game now; maybe opposite a Glastya...

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-24, 05:34 PM
I'd say that rather than dying, he should be instead invited to meet with Dispater after sacrificing someone he knows for plotting against him [only the suspicion needs be genuine].

It's more of a punishment if the vic is still alive and feeling...

Oh. 1000ft2 is really rather small for a lair, so some factor of the level or increasing it with each additional ability would be nice. That and the 5th use of Defensive Stance seems slightly unnecessary, though my main reason for mentioning it is that itmakes the class table look a little messy :smallamused:

I will point out though that you assume the class will spend every waking moment in this lair, which is safe to assume, but not every character is going to live 24/7 in his lair. I'll increase the size of the lair, 5th use stays because other wise the progression needs clunky language to stop it at 8th level, and Dispater resurrects the disciple when he meets him, so he is alive. Going to meet Dispater would require, suprisingly for what we've just gotten through, spellcasting, and since this is now a martial class, he'd have to be taken willingly by an erinyes. Soul transportation and resurrection is pretty much the same as being gated there, but it underlines Dispater's complete control over the disciple's life from that point on.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-24, 05:42 PM
Also, I was thinking of giving the Disciple of Asmodeus, along with being the master of enchantment, a few exalted spells that are perverted to evil, sort of in the vein of him having been an angel/archon previously. Thoughts?

Mulletmanalive
2010-03-24, 05:45 PM
I guess that's true on both counts.

The size one was simply that 1000 square feet is a relatively small office space for a dozen people. I wasn't assuming you'd be there all the time, simply that 4 defensive stances was a fair number anyway and, as i said, the table would have looked nice [shrug].

I would've assumed that an invitation would have come with a courier rather than permission to gate in anyway, so it wouldn't matter overmuch. Even treacherous minions are less likely to cause problems than lowering dimension shift bans.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-03-24, 05:46 PM
I guess that's true on both counts.

The size one was simply that 1000 square feet is a relatively small office space for a dozen people. I wasn't assuming you'd be there all the time, simply that 4 defensive stances was a fair number anyway and, as i said, the table would have looked nice [shrug].

I would've assumed that an invitation would have come with a courier rather than permission to gate in anyway, so it wouldn't matter overmuch. Even treacherous minions are less likely to cause problems than lowering dimension shift bans.

I'll remove the 10th level use, though you'll have to forgive the clunky language in the ability.