PDA

View Full Version : Storm Disciple PrC: is it worth it?

Beowulf DW
2010-03-18, 01:26 PM
The Storm Disciple PrC in Complete Psionic is pretty much custom-made for Ardents and Divine Minds, and it looks interesting, but is it worth the effort and time? Do the abilities granted by the class make up for what you'd lose as an ardent?

Optimystik
2010-03-18, 01:37 PM
Here's a hint: the PrCs in CPsi are generally not worth the paper they're printed on.

Storm Disciple is awful. At level 12 all my allies do 1 point of electric damage when they attack, so long as they stay within 15 feet of me. And I pay 2 ML for the privilege, and drop to 2+Int skill points. No, just no.

If you want a martial PrC for your Ardent or (shudder) Divine Mind, go with Slayer or Sanctified Mind (LoM).

Also, a Wilder gish can beat a Divine Mind with his own limbs.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-18, 01:54 PM
Well, that certainly answered my question. Thanks.

I was curious because I'm not sure what party role I'll be playing, yet. Trying to examine my options, you see.

Optimystik
2010-03-18, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry if I came off brusque, I assure you that any anger you perceived was directed at Complete Psionic and its godawful PrCs and not at you :smallsmile:

But yes, if you want to be a Psionic facebeater, go with Ardent, Wilder or Psywar and go into Slayer or Sanctified Mind.

Wilder's gishiness is often underestimated because they only have d6 HP, but the powers and Surging Euphoria can easily make up for it. They have medium BAB, light armor and shield proficiency.