PDA

View Full Version : The Dimensionless

NM020110
2010-03-18, 02:42 PM
OOC:
When everyone has posted in, we will begin our campaign.
DM:
Can I get a Knowledge (local) or a Knowledge (history) check?

Dogmantra
2010-03-18, 04:22 PM
I propose we spoiler OOC stuff!
Also: knowledge (local) check: [roll0]
Sheet, for easy reference. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=193364)

JupiterJazz
2010-03-19, 01:07 AM
Knowledge(History): [roll0]
Also I propose we make an OOC thread so we can keep track of everything in a much easier fashion.

Seth1221
2010-03-19, 03:32 AM
Here goes the roll
[roll0]

Deca
2010-03-19, 04:49 AM
I agree with Jazz. An OOC thread would make things smoother.

Rolling Knowledge (history)
[roll0]

Beowulf DW
2010-03-19, 09:08 PM
*sigh*

Still can't figure this out.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-19, 09:18 PM
All right, here it goes. Knowledge (history) [roll0]

NM020110
2010-03-20, 03:58 PM
Well...we're still waiting on three people, but I'd may as well start tying together the threads.
Dogmantra:
During one of your bouts of shape-shifting, you ran the forest. You ran for a long time, and eventually fell asleep. When you awake, you find yourself in an unfamiliar forest. While the wisps of sleep still hang around you, you try to find your home. The only thing in the area is a mid-sized village.

JupiterJaxx:
It was one of those days. You woke up, but the pallor of sleep would not leave you. Today, you were at best half-asleep, everywhere you looked it seemed as if a heavy fog was on your eyes. Laying down to take a short rest, you awaken in an unfamiliar forest, and the event of the past day are but a blur.

Seth1221:
You awaken one morning, several weeks after having left the orphanage, in an unfamiliar place. It appears to be a cave or tunnel, and within is an enormous quantity of dull rock. You try scraping it with your short sword, and it takes on a lustrous sheen. You realize that the rock must be diamond. You try to remember how you got here, but can recall nothing more than the crescent moon smiling down on you.

Deka:
You awaken in an inn, unsure of how you got here. You look into your diary, thinking that somewhere you might find a hint. The last entry is short and to the point, and writ in an unfamiliar hand. "8:35, check in complete, payment concluded in full." Below that entry is a short line of gibberish, written in the same hand. "QVZRAFVBANY UVZX PBZCYRGR"

Beowulf DW:
After a good one-hundred-and-fifteen years of study with your master, you awaken to find him gone. What's more, the very landscape around the house has changed. The trees around you are different from what you saw every morning of your life. But most of all, your master is gone. You go back inside the house to plan out your actions...

Volthawk
2010-03-21, 04:50 AM
Eba doesn't need knowledge. He focuses on the here and now.

Seth1221
2010-03-21, 06:00 AM
OK, what the hell? That were the first thoughts to go through Jack's mind. He remembers nothing about ending up in this wierd cave, tunnel or whatever one would like to call it. The question is - where is the exit?

Diamonds, huh? Too bad I don't have a way to scrap them or I'd be one rich man. Not that it'd give me much in this place.

Jack searches his pouch and recovers his amulet. He had that wierd sensation that it is somehow connected to this mysterious crescent.
You give me more and more problems from the second I acquired you, you know that? Jack pauses for a moment, thinking about something intensively. Well I don't see much I can do just standing around here.

With this thought Jack starts his march. Toughts flying around his mind - unanwsered questions, doubts and one hell of a bad feeling. Either way he has to do something - and so he marches through the tunnel.

Deca
2010-03-21, 06:48 AM
Cikke groaned as he raised his hand instinctively to ward off the light that was coming in through the window. He didn't want to get up, he just wanted to lie back down on the soft comforts of...

...This wasn't his bed.

He wasn't lying on his simple bed in his quarters at the Academy of Mind anymore. The room Cikke was in was completely bare apart from the pallet he was lying on and Cikke's various belongings which were strewn around the room.

What? No! I better not be-

He quickly searched through his meagre belongings, making sure that nothing had been stolen during the night. Once he was satisfied that this was the case, he began to wonder just how the blazes he had got here.

He appeared to be suffering from some sort of short-term memory loss. He had heard of such things back at the Academy but had never experienced it before. If only there was some way that he....

..Of course! His diary! He would have undoubtably recorded the previous day in there. He picked up his robe and put it on, sliding it over his shoulders. After some rummaging around in his pockets, he pulled out a slim wooden case that contained a stoppered bottle of ink, a pen and parchment. He used to own a diary book but he had lost his last one. He had meant to replace it but had never got round to it. Hence, recording his thoughts on sheets of parchment instead.

Cikke opened to the last sheet. It was blank but for a few lines. Written on it was the single message:
"8:35, check in complete, payment concluded in full."

Despite the heat of the room, he felt a chill down his spine. This wasn't his writing. This was all wrong. His mind was a blank on recent events and...and...and...someone had written in his diary!

He sat down again and wiped his brow. This was uncanny. His privacy had been violated and his memory lost. This was hardly the proper treatment an Initiate of Mind deserved!
He noted another line further down the page. It was written in the same unfamiliar hand.
"QVZRAFVBANY UVZX PBZCYRGR"

He puzzled over it for a moment before giving up. It was nonsense and gibberish.
His panic somewhat receding, he looked around again, taking further note of his surroundings. He hadn't stayed in many inns before but this room seemed similiar. Perhaps he was in an inn or resting house of some sort.

He got up to leave the room to see what was going on but stopped himself. He should be prepared. He got back onto his pallet and cleared his mind.

Making a Concentration check to build up a Psionic Focus. Since I have plenty of time, Taking 20. DC=15. It will also serve as a full-round meditation action to replenish power points for the new day.
[roll0]

Cikke opened his eyes, refreshed and feeling ready for anything. He was about to open the door and leave again when he heard a buzzing coming from one of his numerous pockets.
"Of course!" he cried. "How could I have forgotten about you!"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small purple crystal. It emitted a high-pitched buzzing noise as it hovered a few inches above his palm. Cikke's psicrystal Jann, might have seen something. It could still remember!

Cikke sent his thoughts out to the dimunitive stone.
What did you see Jann? What happened?

NM020110
2010-03-21, 09:55 AM
Volthawk
You awaken in another unfamiliar place. An alleyway of some sort, by it's appearance. You don't remember how you got here, but that doesn't concern you unduly. Time to get on to business.

Seth1221
You move along the caves, favoring the paths which lead up. As you approach what you hope is the surface, you notice the diamonds becoming smaller and looser. Can I get a spot check?
If spot check made (DC15):
You see a small pile of diamonds, they appear to be pre-mined.
If spot check failed:
You see nothing unusual.

Deca
Jann informs you that during the night, while you were asleep, something suddenly changed about you. You moved as though drunk through the academy, and then left. You staggered into an inn, and handed the innkeeper a note before shambling to a room. You pulled out your diary, and wrote that the payment was complete, and then scribbled something that didn't make sense. It may have been a code, but Jann couldn't decipher it. Shortly thereafter, you were cut off from Jann, until about fifteen minutes before you woke up.

Seth1221
2010-03-21, 10:13 AM
Hmmm maybe that's a good sign? Jack wonders as he goes higher and higher. The diamonds are getting smaller, to bad that there are no cut pieces - Jack would gladly collect some of them.

But that wasn't the most important thing right now. If Jack is indeed getting closer to the surface then he have to be prepared for anything that could lurk up there - wherever "there" is.

The image of crescent moon was still in his mind - he couldn't get rid of it - no matter how hard he tried. But Jack have to meet one problem at a time - and the current one was to get to the surface - and hopefully some sort of civilisation. Then he will have to learn just how the hell did he end up in this cave!

Hide and move silently please
[roll0]
[roll1]

NM020110
2010-03-21, 10:18 AM
Seth1221
You begin to move in a stealthy manner. You do not notice anyone/anything notice you

Dogmantra
2010-03-21, 10:41 AM
Kitty awoke, yawned, and began to lick himself clean. When he tasted bare flesh, he quickly stopped. How had he transformed back? He snapped back into clear thought. 'I need to find some way back. I could ask for directions in the village.' Quickly checking his clothing to make sure that none was ripped, Kitty made his way over to the village, trying to catch someone's attention. He asked around about where he was, and if anyone knew how he could get home.

Gather information, yo:
[roll0]

NM020110
2010-03-21, 10:45 AM
Dogmantra:
The first villager you ask gives you a complicated series of directions that you hope will lead you home. Sense motive or Wisdom check, please.

Volthawk
2010-03-21, 10:49 AM
"Hm... What to be..."

Eba stays in the alley for a few minutes, considering its options.

"Dog? Might get taken by some well-meaning citizen. No way I'm getting into a mess like that again! Well, Human always works."

Suddenly, it starts to change. It's formerly translucent body started to become opaque. Its shape changed from a strange slithering mass into a humanoid figure. Out of its body, clothing settled around the new form.

"Right... Try to figure out where the hell I am..."

Dogmantra
2010-03-21, 10:50 AM
Kitty strained, trying to make head or tail of the directions he was given.
Wisdom check:[roll0]

NM020110
2010-03-21, 11:30 AM
Volthawk:
You exit the alleyway and enter an apparently empty street. Roll for spot

Dogmantra:
You mull over the directions, and note that it takes a defined path which goes through the same area multiple times, and leads to a house approximately twenty-five feet from you.

Dogmantra
2010-03-21, 11:51 AM
Kitty briefly considered going via the route he was given, but instead decided that it was a waste of time. He went straight to the house, and tried to look through the windows.

Volthawk
2010-03-21, 12:03 PM
Spot: [roll0]

NM020110
2010-03-21, 12:03 PM
Dogmantra:
You walk over to the house, and look in. You see a fairly large picture of a man with his family. The man looks pretty similar to the one who gave you directions. Looking around, you note that this does not appear to be your home at all.

Volthawk:
You see a man who seems to be from out of town approach another and ask for directions. He then spent a few moments puzzling out the directions before walking over to a house and looking in.

Seth1221
2010-03-21, 01:00 PM
Welll... Jack will keep moving until he finds something worth mentioning.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-21, 01:02 PM
Conri sat and meditated, readying some of his manuevers.
Preparing: Burning Blade, Distracting Ember, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, and Moment of Perfect Mind

Conri considered his situation for a moment. Niether himself nor the house were where they should be. Either this was some...being's idea of a joke, or something was very, very wrong.

Master might know what's going on, but first I have to find him. Maybe he left a message for me.

NM020110
2010-03-21, 01:28 PM
Seth1221:
You continue moving, and find an opening in the cave. You look around, and note that there is a small to mid sized village in the area.

Beowulf DW:
You prepare your techniques, and consider searching the house for any sign of your master.

Seth1221
2010-03-21, 01:35 PM
Jack moves to the village and tries to find someone who'd anwser him some questions. Where he is for starters.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-21, 01:36 PM
Search check [roll0]

NM020110
2010-03-21, 01:41 PM
Seth1221:
You move into the village and begin searching for someone with information. Please roll a search and then a gather information check

Beowulf DW
You find your master's door-frame by cracking your head on it. Take one point of nonlethal damage. Roll another search check...

Beowulf DW
2010-03-21, 01:46 PM
Ouch.

Search check [roll0]

Seth1221
2010-03-21, 01:47 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

NM020110
2010-03-21, 02:06 PM
Seth 1221
You find an attentive gate guard and ask him where this town is located. "We've been here for a long time. Ain't ever been no explorers come find us. We've got a good life, though. This here's Maplebourgh, and it's one of the finest towns you can find."

Beowulf DW
You duck under the door-frame, and search the room. You find little out of the ordinary, except that the dust has accumulated

Beowulf DW
2010-03-21, 03:31 PM
Realizing that his master had been gone longer than he first thought, Conri gathered his weapons and gear. Conri stepped outside the house and began to look for someone, anyone, who knew where he was.

Deca
2010-03-21, 04:13 PM
Cikke listened to what Jann sent him. What could make him act that way? Had he been psionically controlled? But according to the psicrystal, he hadn't done anything.

He pushed the inn door open and went down to look for the innkeeper.

Winter87
2010-03-21, 04:46 PM
Vesan walked along the road. It had been a long and difficult journey since he had left the monks who had raised him ever since his parents were slaughtered in a goblin raid as he ran for his life. But that had been ten years ago and he was no longer the small boy that he was then. Now he had dedicated his life to the absolute destruction of evil. No one would be allowed to be left helpless in the face of darkness as he once had. He had found his purpose in life and now all he had to do was find to achieve it. He walked into a small village.

I would like to make a gather information check [roll0]

NM020110
2010-03-21, 04:58 PM
Beowulf DW:
You step outside, and look around. Immediately obvious is the small town in the forest. If you wish, make a spot check.

Deca:
You walk out into the hallway, and begin to look for an innkeeper. You find him on the bottom floor (you were on the third floor). He greets you warmly: "I'm glad you're awake. It's been a long while since we had guests"

Winter87
You walk into town, and question the first gate guard you see. He informs you that this is the town of Maplebourgh and that there haven't been many visitors lately. He let's you know that he'll answer any more questions you have.

JupiterJazz
2010-03-21, 05:49 PM
"Father!" Wyn screamed as she abruptly sat up. Her vision blurred and her mind dazed after such a long rest. She wiped the sleep from her eyes as she tried to gain control over her heavy breathing.

Father I will avenge your murder one day, she thought as her mind cleared.

Stifling a yawn and stretching her arms she began to pull herself up, and thats when it hit her as hard as an ogre's club. A real fear began to overtake her as she surveyed her surroundings. This place wasn't the same woodlands she had been in the previous day.

No... wait not the previous day, her mind raced as she searched through her tattered memories of yesterdays events, and after several minutes she gave up hardly able to recall anything other then a sense of prolonged drowsiness. Then she noticed something, a familiar paw prints in the soft ground making a set of tracks leading of to the west.

Wyn decided it would be best to track the mutt down instead of calling for him and attracting unwanted danger. She gathered her gear and headed off in search of her faithful companion.

Survival: [roll0]

Beowulf DW
2010-03-21, 06:00 PM
Spot Check: [roll0]

Winter87
2010-03-21, 06:00 PM
Vesan thanked the guard for his answer and walked towards the inn to inquire about a room for the night.

NM020110
2010-03-21, 07:28 PM
JupiterJazz:
You easily locate your animal companion, and note that (s)he has ended up quite close to a small town. It is still early morning, and very few people seem to be out yet.

Beowulf DW
You see nothing out of the ordinary

Winter87
You move on to the inn, and find the innkeeper. Upon seeing that you wear a holy symbol, the innkeeper immediately asks if you need a room, and seems affronted when you mention payment.

Seth1221
2010-03-22, 12:49 AM
Towns?! Don't make me laugh - you call this pack of barracks a town? Don't get ahead of yourself. Jack laughs loudly.
You better tell me where can I find some kind of tavern. Maybe there someone will tell me more about this place.

Dogmantra
2010-03-22, 01:05 AM
Kitty took another long look inside the window, trying his hardest to see if there was anyone or anything in there to stop him from entering.

Spot check: [roll0]
If he sees nothing, Kitty will enter the house

Deca
2010-03-22, 01:31 AM
"I'm glad you're awake. It's been a long while since we had guests"

"Uh..yes. I suppose so."

Cikke wasn't sure whether to trust the innkeeper or not. For all he knew, he was part of the whole mystery. He sat down and scrawled his thoughts into the parchment. Once again, he looked at the mystery letters but once again, they meant nothing. And he still didn't know whether he could trust the innkeeper.
Actually...there was a way to make sure.

He looked over at the innkeeper and concentrated, sending tendrils of psionic power to touch the man's mind.

Using one power point to manfiest Psionic Charm on the innkeeper. Will negates at a save DC of 15.
If it suceeds, Cikke will ask him if he knows anything about what happened. He'll then ask, that since he's such a very good friend of the innkeepers, whether he'll let him out of the inn without paying.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-22, 01:48 AM
Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, Conri recalled his teachings.

Master often said that one should use all of one's senses when sizing up one's surroundings. The sounds of the birds and beasts may tell me more than my eyes can show.

Listen Check [roll0]

JupiterJazz
2010-03-22, 04:22 AM
Wyn observed the small town from a distance, she didn't like it but it looked like the only place she could go. It gave her the creeps seeing a human village in the woods.

"Normally the only time you see a human settlement in the forest it's a logger camp, but this place certainly doesn't look to be equipped for that." Wyn spoke to her companion, a smile crept across her face as he cocked his head and let out a low whine.

"So it doesn't feel right to you either, huh boy?" She said while scratching the dog's ears. She took a deep breath and exhaled sharply. Wyn wasn't fond of towns and she was disgusted by most humans, but she didn't know where she was and she needed to find out. Swallowing her common sense she tardily began her trek to the meager village, loyal mutt in tow.

Volthawk
2010-03-22, 12:42 PM
Eba walks over to the man.
"Hey, you mind giving directions?"

Seth1221
2010-03-24, 05:02 AM
DECA:

„What do you mean what happened my friend? It’s a rather simple village, simple people living in it. We’ve been living here for years and generations never bothered… to much.” He smiles at you indicating that in a world like that there’s always happening something. “But tell me what brings you to our small village?”

When the innkeeper hears about the payment he frowns a little. “Eh… you know we don’t have a lot of guests here, it’s a rather secluded settlement.” He thinks over something deeply. “Ah… what the hell you seem trustworthy and I like you! Let’s forget about the bill – but only for today!”

“Anyway, what brings you here?”

DOGMANTRA:

You pierce the dim shadows of the inside of the house and notice something on the bed – to the far wall of the building. Someone is laying under some kind of sheets. He moves from time to time – apparently taking a nap. Other then that the house looks like a mess – clothes laying around the floor, some dirty dishes on the shelves.

After a while it gets to you that the house is arranged differently from yours! The bad is in the wrong place, so are the shelves and desk. It appears that you are not in your home village anymore.

VOLTHAWK:

“Another one?” The man is puzzled by your arrival “We sure have a lot of visitors lately.” He speaks fast, not looking in your eyes. He seems to be in a rush. “Where do you want to go that is the question! Anyway I can point you to the inn since that is the place where people like you usually ends in, isn’t it?” He smiles at you knowingly. He then shows you the way – which isn’t all that hard to memorize since the village is a rather small settlement – about twenty chimneys on the first look.

JUPITERJAZZ:

Your friend barks uneasy but follows you to the village. As soon as you cross the edge of the civilization you felt uneasiness. The smells are disturbing, so are the sounds and views. The village is made on a plan of a cross, with the main streets crossing in the centre. Presumably that is the place where gatherings are made. It is a rather small village – you can count about twenty chimneys. At first you don’t see anyone but after a while you notice a man looking through the window of one of the houses. Your companions breathes deeply and starts to wag a little, after a while you to have this weird sensation that this man is not what he looks like at first.

BEOWULF DW:

You close your eyes, trying to accustom to the surroundings. You try to sieve the sounds, pick up something different, something important. For a second you think you can hear some sort of barking coming from the village but that could as well be just your mishearing.

WINTER 87:

You walk towards the inn and through the small village. It consist of about 20 houses, or so it seems at first. To get to the inn you have to cross the main square – a crossing of the only two streets in this settlement would be more appropriate. You finally reach the inn and you hear a conversation. You cannot recall exactly what are the people saying but one is laughing heartily and seems to be in a good mood. If you wish you may enter the inn or try to overhear what the people are saying.

Deca
2010-03-24, 05:36 AM
"Oh..er..I am...I am just stopping by on my travels, that's all. A brief amount of rest and relaxation before I continue on my journeys."
Cikke gave an internal sigh of relief. For a moment there, he had frozen up and hadn't been able to think of anything. If this innkeeper wasn't in on it, then it would probably be best not to inform him.

After this bit of conversation, Cikke decided it would be in his best interests to leave the inn. He didn't know where he was and it was time to get a better look at his surroundings. Even if he didn't know where he was, he didn't want to be here in an hours time when the Charm wore off and the innkeeper would start to wonder why he had let him stay in the inn for free.

Thanking the innkeeper, Cikke opened the door and stepped out of the inn.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-24, 12:42 PM
I must have knocked my head on that door-frame harder than I thought if my senses are this dull.

Conri sighed and rubbed briefly at the lump that was beginning to form on his forehead. He looked toward the village that wasn't supposed to be there (or maybe it was himself that didn't belong here) and walked towards it.

Winter87
2010-03-25, 12:28 AM
I'll take a listen check on the conversation.
[roll0]

Dogmantra
2010-03-25, 04:03 AM
Kitty briefly considers things, then decides to enter the house. After all, there's no way he'll be getting home soon.

JupiterJazz
2010-03-25, 09:33 AM
Unsure what to do Wyn observes the man staring at her for a few minutes. She was getting an unnatural feeling about him that made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Despite that her curiosity was piqued and it wasn't long before she found herself knocking on the door trying to get some answers.

Volthawk
2010-03-25, 11:11 AM
"Thank you. I'll go there later. Do you need any help with what you're doing?"

Seth1221
2010-03-25, 02:32 PM
DECA:

You stand up from the seat you hale previously taken and slowly walk toward the exit. The innkeeper also returns to his usual work – which is standing behind the bar, doing nothing apparently – looking at you friendly as you walk away.

You push the door only to hit hard someone standing behind them.

Sorry for not giving the description of the person you hit but Winter 87 hasn’t send me his character yet so I don’t know what he looks like. From now on title your spoilers GM/Winter 87 so he knows he can read them.

BEOWULF DW:

You slowly approach the village. The walk is enjoyable – fresh air and sun above you are indeed soothing. But the situation brings a lot of tension to your moves. Where are? What is this weird settlement in front of you? Where is your master? Those are only some of the unanswered questions.

The village itself is a rather small settlement – about twenty houses for the first look. You immediately notice two people talking about something at the edge of the village. One looks like he’s in a rush while the other is just standing still – you cannot hear what they are talking about - You are too far away.

WINTER 87:

The inn door appear to be thin so you easily pick up most of the conversation. It appears to be a friendly chatter between the innkeeper and one of the guests.

“Eh… you know we don’t have a lot of guests here, it’s a rather secluded settlement.” He thinks over something deeply. “Ah… what the hell you seem trustworthy and I like you! Let’s forget about the bill – but only for today!”

“Anyway, what brings you here?” – it was the innkeeper – judging by what he said.

Oh..er..I am...I am just stopping by on my travels, that's all. A brief amount of rest and relaxation before I continue on my journeys." – the guest answered

For a second everything is quiet. Before you realize you got hit by the inn door. Someone opened them from inside – A young human man. His black hair is bound back in a pony-tail and he has recently taken to growing a goatee. He wears a light deep purple robe that is distinctly frayed around the edges.

Please send me your character sheet and give me a short description of how you look in the next post. Also title your spoiler GM/DECA from now on so he knows he can read those.

DOGMANTRA:

You slowly enter the house – you immediately wake up the locator. For the first few second he isn’t sure what exactly is going on. His face looks tired and confusion appears on it. It takes a while before he realizes an intruder has entered his house! He jumps from the bed and stands before you. He is a rather tall man – a bit too chubby.

“What the hell are you doing in my house?!”

He waits for your reaction.

Please PM me your character and background

JUPITERJAZZ:

OOC:

Sorry I indeed was a bit unclear with the last post. The man was looking through the window but to the inside of the house. So he wasn’t looking at you but in to the house.

If you decide to go into the house anyway:

The man you observed earlier entered the house before you could catch up with him. You approach the hut your loyal companion next to you. When you are about to enter, suddenly you hear a strong, male voice – the man is screaming “What the hell are you doing in my house?!” He is not referring to you obviously, rather to the man that has entered before you.

VOLTHAWK:

“No I don’t need any help” the man looks at rather confused, surprised maybe. “I just want to leave this village as soon as possible – which is now if you don’t mind”. The man is about to go when he stops for a second – looking at something behind you. He suddenly changes his mind – and the direction, mumbling something you could swear sounded like “not another one”. If you want you can try to stop the man, but he looks like he is really determined to leave the village – quickly.

Volthawk
2010-03-25, 02:33 PM
"Huh, why'd he look behind me?" Eba muses, before turning around.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-25, 03:28 PM
Conri walked toward the two figures at the edge of the village. If they were in a mood to talk, he'd be more than happy to listen. Conri paused for a moment and ran a hand through his short hair, sighing briefly as his hand arrived at the back of his neck. It had been 50 years since the last time he'd spoken to anyone but his master, and his social skills had never been good to begin with. Conri sighed again and resumed walking. He waved and called out a friendly greeting to the two figures.

Seth1221
2010-03-25, 04:40 PM
VOLHAWK:

You turn around only to see a mid built man with short, red hair and sharp brown eyes. He looks somewhat nervous. He waves to you and calls out a friendly greeting.

From now on please title your spoilers GM/BEOWULF DW so he knows he can read those as well.

BEOWULF DW:

You approach the pair but when you get closer one of the men turns around and goes the other way – you could swore that he looked at you before he changed directions. Anyway you are sure now that he was in a big rush – judging by his movement speed. The second man turns over to you

Please title your spoilers GM/VOLKHAWK from now on so he knows he can read those as well.

Volthawk
2010-03-25, 04:45 PM
GM/BEOWULF DW

Eba waves back.
"Hello. Who are you?"
Maybe this man will be more....co-operative. Maybe this man will have the connections he needs to succeed here, and then, when he's ready, he will disappear. Become someone else and start the cycle again...

Beowulf DW
2010-03-25, 05:20 PM
GM/VOLHAWK:

Conri smiled faintly.

"Well...It would take quite a while for me to tell you who I am. But if you're asking for my name it's Conri."

It would have been much simpler for Conri to simply give his name, but he found that little games like that made conversations a bit less tense for himself, and more interesting.

"So...what's your name?"

Deca
2010-03-26, 12:48 AM
GM/WINTER 87

Cikke jumped back as the door swung into a man standing behind it. The door obscured his vision of the man as he squinted against the sudden sunlight.

"Are you alright? I didn't mean to hit you. I just didn't think anyone would be standing there."

Come to think about it, why had he been standing there? What kind of business would any man have standing behind doors without entering them? He frowned as the most obvious answer came to him, boosted by the natural paranoia that came from his current circumstances.

"I hope you weren't eavesdropping," he said in what he hoped was a stern voice.

Dogmantra
2010-03-26, 08:19 AM
Kitty looks at the man inquisitively. He says "I was told that this was the way home. I'm sorry for disturbing you." and begins to leave.

Volthawk
2010-03-26, 11:27 AM
GM/BEOWOLF DW

"Huh, oh..."

Eba stops, thinking for a second.

"Call me Andrew"

Winter87
2010-03-26, 12:23 PM
GM/Deca

Vesan stared sternly at the man who had just hit him with the door.

"I'm fine good sir, though you should be more careful in the future. And ease dropping? You would do best to consider carefully before accusing a man of the gods.

Deca
2010-03-26, 04:25 PM
GM/WINTER 87

"A man of the gods? Really? And just what god would that be?

Cikke wasn't sure whether to believe the man or not.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-26, 04:59 PM
GM/VOLHAWK:

Conri pondered for a moment. That really wasn't what he'd asked for.

"...Very well, Andrew. In all honesty, your name isn't nearly as important to me as whether or not you know where we are. I fear that I may have become a bit lost."

Volthawk
2010-03-26, 05:02 PM
GM/BEOWULF DW

"Right...."

Great, Eba thought.This isn't going to help me at all!

Winter87
2010-03-26, 06:38 PM
GM/DECA

"St. Cuthbert the just", Vesan replied showing the man in front of him his holy symbol.

Deca
2010-03-27, 05:26 AM
GM/WINTER 87

"Oh...Oh...I'm sorry. It would seem that we have gotten off on entirely the wrong foot. I am Cikke Farnholm, what is your name?"

Winter87
2010-03-27, 01:46 PM
Deca/GM

"Vesan Kalpran", he replied extending his hand. "Are you a local here?"

Deca
2010-03-28, 04:15 AM
GM/WINTER 87

Cikke took Vesan's hand and shook it.

"A local? I'm afraid not. I'm just stopping by. I take it you aren't from around here either?"

Winter87
2010-03-28, 06:37 PM
Deca/GM

"No it's just another stop in my wanderings.", he replied.

Beowulf DW
2010-03-29, 02:46 AM
GM/VOLHAWK:

"...Please tell me that you aren't lost as well."

Even as the words left his mouth, Conri most expected the answer that he most feared.

Deca
2010-03-31, 03:34 PM
GM/WINTER 87

'Ah, I see. And just where are you heading?"

Volthawk
2010-03-31, 03:41 PM
GM/BEOWULF DM

Eba chuckles
"OK, I won't tell you"

Seth1221
2010-04-01, 10:55 AM
DOGMANTRA:

"What the hell?! You want to leave just like that? How dare you enter my house uninvited?!" The man is obviously furious by your intrusion. "Of course it is home - mine to be precise - explain yourself" The man is looking at his weapon - a short sword on one of the chairs next to his bed. You would buess that he's calculating the distance in case of a an emergency.

DECA/WINTER87:

While you two are chatting at the entrance of the inn, you hear footsteps behind the door. Soon the innkeeper looks from the half-opened door at you.

"Maybe you want to talk inside? I have good drinks waiting to be drank!" He smiles at you encouragely.

BEOWULF DW/VOLTHAWK:

Your little chat is kind of interupted by a loud yell "What the hell" coming from one of the smaller houses - close to your current position. There is some additional screaming later on but you are unable to understand the meaning of it.

Beowulf DW
2010-04-01, 03:23 PM
GM/VOLHAWK:
"Ha! Well done! But I think I might be needed over there. So...Bye."

Conri dashed to where the shouts were coming from. If he was capable of helping whoever was in distress, he had a responsibility to help. Besides, it was always fun to show off his skills a bit.

Deca
2010-04-01, 08:34 PM
GM/WINTER 87

"That is a very good idea. We can talk inside."

Cikke turned and went back into the inn. He assumed that the priest was following.

"Do you want some ale, I understand that it's on the house for me and any of my friends."

Cikke hoped that Vesan would reveal where they were. He just needed a way of asking that didn't seem to suspicious. And it would really help if they left before the hour was up.

Winter87
2010-04-03, 11:27 PM
Deca/GM

"Of Course", replied.

Deca
2010-04-04, 05:55 AM
DM/WINTER 87

Cikke re-entered the tavern. After they sat down, he turned to the wandering cleric.

"So, where else have you travelled aside from here?"

Dogmantra
2010-04-04, 07:51 AM
"Yep, I'm going to go." says Kitty, "And to be honest, you can't really do anything." He starts calmly walking towards the door.

Volthawk
2010-04-06, 04:20 PM
DM/BEOWULF

"Yeh, me too"

Hm... Maybe this place is useful to me after all...
Eba thought, as he walked over to where the noises were coming from. The source of this would probably help him more than that other man he was talking to.

Beowulf DW
2010-04-06, 04:30 PM
GM/VOLHAWK:
Conri stopped suddenly, a thought finally crossing his mind as he turned back to his new acquaintence.
"Andrew, I know we're both lost, but do you know how you became lost?"

Volthawk
2010-04-06, 04:36 PM
GM/BEOWULF

"Huh, oh no. I don't. I just woke up in some alley here. Not sure how I ended up there, but that doesn't really worry me much. I can get by here as easily as anywhere else."

There was no harm in answering his questions, but Eba felt too many questions could warrant a knife in the back. He doesn't want anyone to know too much about him.

Beowulf DW
2010-04-06, 05:02 PM
GM/VOLHAWK:
"Hmmm...I'm not sure how I got here, either. What say we help each other, at least until we figure out what happened?"

Conri turned and continued walking toward the source of the shout. He hoped that Andrew would agree. Being lost isn't quite so disconcerting when one has company.

Volthawk
2010-04-06, 05:12 PM
DM/BEOWULF

"Eh, why not?"

Eba starts to follow the man, who he remembers is called Conri. As he walks, he thinks.

Names are odd things. It's really what most use to keep a sense of... uniqueness, I suppose. But what they don't want to think of is that deep down, they are the same nameless or named. Hell, I only give myself the name of Eba so those few who know me can tell who I am. For most, names are frivolous, but for us shapeshifters, they are vital.

Beowulf DW
2010-04-06, 05:32 PM
GM/VOLTHAWK:
"I'm happy to hear that. Ummm...Andrew? I'd consider it a personal favor if you could keep an eye out for an elf. He should be dressed much like myself, and he's probably carrying a longsword like mine."

Conri needed to find his master. The only living person who could really claim to know Conri, Nimon Daeloth was of utmost importance to the swordsman.

Volthawk
2010-04-06, 05:34 PM
DM/VOLTHAWK

"Sure. Why do you want to find him?"

This was interesting. He had to know more before acting, though.

Beowulf DW
2010-04-06, 05:40 PM
GM/VOLTHAWK:
"He's my master. I've been studying the Sublime Way under him for...uh...for-for as long as I can remember. He's very important to me."

Conri trailed off into mumbling. He still wasn't used to this and he'd gotten nervous. He decided that next time he'd just keep his mouth shut, instead of babbling.