PDA

View Full Version : (3.X) What do you want to see in the future?

DracoDei
2010-03-18, 07:35 PM
Quite simple question here, for those who know me and my homebrews. I am strongly considering buying another book to expand what I can brew from. My funds are pretty tight, so I am probably just getting the one any time soon. The reason why I am posting such a question in THIS forum is that it probably won't effect my playing and GMing nearly as much as it will my Homebrewing... so I thought I would ask y'all, who know my 'brewing talents.

What do you think you would most like to see out of me/would my style be best suited for?

At the moment I have:
The SRD (and some in hardcopy)
Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords
Tome and Blood (assuming it is only TEMPORARILY misplaced)
Song and Silence
Masters of the Wild
Draconomicon (forgot to include this initially)
Eberron
Monster Manual II
Monster Manual V
Dread Mire*
Liber Bestarus: The Book of Beasts*
Nayambe: African Adventures*
Twin Crowns: Age of Exploration Fantasy*
A Magical Society: Ecology and Culture*
Eldest Sons: The Essential Guide to Elves*
Sovereign Stone: Campaign Sourcebook*
Sovereign Stone: Bestiary of Loerem*
Sovereign Stone: Sanctuary*
Codex Erde*
Sacred Ground: A Sourcebook of Holy Sites*
Dungeon World: Catacombs*
Splintered Peace*
Toolbox*
Monstrous Geographica: Forest (falling appart a bit lost some pages from the front)*
Monstrous Geographica: Underground*

*Third Party

Rauthiss
2010-03-18, 07:46 PM
I'm personally a ridiculously huge fan of Tome of Magic, and I think the multiple systems would be fun for you to work with - It opens up a lot of ideas.

JoshuaZ
2010-03-18, 07:47 PM
You don't have ToB? I didn't realize that given how much ToB related stuff you've made.

Eberron is very interesting. I have mixed views about the fluff(I like how they handled deities a lot but have some other things I don't like at all) and some other aspects but it should provide a lot of fun inspiration and ideas for homebrewing.

DracoDei
2010-03-18, 07:50 PM
You don't have ToB? I didn't realize that given how much ToB related stuff you've made.

I have it. Been there on the list the whole time. Draconomicon, OTOH, I think I forgot.

JoshuaZ
2010-03-18, 07:56 PM
I have it. Been there on the list the whole time. Draconomicon, OTOH, I think I forgot.

Huh. For some reason I completely misread that as options to get rather than things you had. But um, aside from having no reading comp, yeah more Eberron wouldn't be bad. I like Heroes of Horror and Libris Mortis a lot. Both have a lot of good material. Tome of Magic is excellent but in truth only the first two thirds are really worth anything and even then the Binder is clearly the best part (but oh so good).

Third Party: Book of Eldritch Might is very good although some of the fluff quotes are a bit strange (Given that some quotes by the archmage Malhavoc refer to "natural armor" and a few other game mechanics one almost gets the feeling somewhat that he lives in an OOTS-like universe. But that's a minor issue that only shows up 2 or 3 times). Hyperconscious and Dreamscarred are both very good for psionics.

The Tygre
2010-03-18, 10:51 PM
Personally, I'd love to see some stuff for Nyambe. It doesn't get nearly as much love as it should. Some stuff for/from Eldest Sons would be cool.

jokey665
2010-03-18, 10:57 PM
I want to see more Psionics. I always want to see more Psionics.

arguskos
2010-03-19, 12:01 AM
1. You have Toolbox. I love you forever now.

2. Jacerath beat me to the punch: Tome of Magic! It gives you two workable and awesome subsystems that could always use more love.

DracoDei
2010-03-19, 12:18 AM
Didn't say I had ever USED Toolbox...

The Tygre
2010-03-19, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Toolbox or Toolbox: Original? I got Ultimate Toolbox for Christmas. They're both kick-ass, but the 'twenty uses for gnomes' table was worth the price of admission.

peacenlove
2010-03-19, 12:39 AM
I'm personally a ridiculously huge fan of Tome of Magic, and I think the multiple systems would be fun for you to work with - It opens up a lot of ideas.

This.

There are never enough dakka vestiges for the binder (and really the binder is more than his vestiges, maybe produce feats that burn vestige uses for awesome effects, or feats that combine 2 vestiges binded to produce even more awesome effects :smallbiggrin:, he still has so much unexplored potential) and homebrew for the shadowcaster is still low quantity despite RoC awesome work best attempts to spread the word :smallamused:
(however we found out that we have enough mysteries so i would focus on more ... exotic aspects of the system)

As for the truenamer... i believe there are at least 2 popular fixes, but its a shining example ... of what to avoid in class making. :smallwink:

arguskos
2010-03-19, 11:13 AM
Didn't say I had ever USED Toolbox...
Still, having Toolbox makes you a great human being. I love that book.

boomwolf
2010-03-19, 11:58 AM
You could try to books of exalted deeds and vile darkness. not much in them that is useful, but it provides tons of ideas to build from. (heck, BoVD and BoED are directly behind half of my more successful brews...)

The completes are also quite good. especially adventurer and scoundrel.

Xzoltar
2010-03-19, 12:57 PM
I like (and use) lot of your work and I book that have change my gaming life and experience are Tome of Battle, Magic of Incarnum, Expanded Psionic Handbook, Spell Compendium, Tome of Magic.

The spell compendium won't help you do more or better hombrew so count this one out, but as a player or dm its a must have.

Tome of Battle you already have.

Expanded Psionic handbook is nice, but not a lot of option or love for psionic around most forums, even complete psionic is not that great so seeing more psionic stuff will make me happy.

Magic of Incarnum, I love this book so much and you can do so much with incarnum, love it.

Tome of Magic, I honnestly dont use it often, but lot of great flavor in it, could maybe be redone better, but lot of room for homebrew there.

DracoDei
2010-03-19, 01:22 PM
If you use my stuff, could you at least PM me with what you have used and how it went? Play-test data is extremely valuable to any homebrewer.

Isn't most of Expanded Psionics Handbook included in the SRD (for instance at www.d20srd.org)?

arguskos
2010-03-19, 02:30 PM
Isn't most of Expanded Psionics Handbook included in the SRD (for instance at www.d20srd.org)?
Yes. If you really love meatspace books, then get it. Honestly, you have other things to buy (like Tome of Magic) that are much more impressive and useful.

Xzoltar
2010-03-19, 03:39 PM
Well your right, as its in the SRD you dont really need the book you won't really find a lot to help you beside what you an find there.

As for feedback let me check again what I use that come from you and will give you feedback via PM.

DracoDei
2010-03-19, 04:07 PM
Yes. If you really love meatspace books, then get it. Honestly, you have other things to buy (like Tome of Magic) that are much more impressive and useful.
Most of the time I consider meatspace books inferior.

Tacitus
2010-03-19, 05:00 PM
I have to agree on Tome of Magic. Its widely used by may players and so many people are always looking for something new.

Magi of Incarnum gets no attention from like 90% of the community. This is notto say that you shouldn't pick it up, but be aware you would have to make something amazing to get any attention. XD I personally love Incarnum and try to play from it whenever I can, but without quite so much homebrew to pull from it gets stale after a while.

Though I need to find that Totemist/Warlock PrC again...