PDA

View Full Version : [d20 Modern] Monsters and Menaces Request Thread

Rappy
2010-03-18, 09:26 PM
Inspired both by Vorpal Tribble's 3.5 Monster Advancement Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19720&highlight=Monster) and the now-defunct Elite Opponents articles over at Wizards of the Coast, I decided that since working on my own ideas hasn't been going anywhere with my moods as of late, I'd create a thread for d20 Modern creature requests. This may seem crazy, but since it's my game of choice and d20 Modern-related threads have been more common lately...hey, why not? First off, some rules.

I Will...
Advance monsters by hit die/size, or degenerate them in a reversal of such, even beyond the typical size limits of the species if you so wish. That's what the Book of Templates rules for giant and miniature creatures are for.
Apply templates to creatures.
Perform either one or both of the following based on a request that involves a specific monster and Challenge Rating but a general idea (for instance, a request for a "CR 4 intelligent pteranodon" could be fulfilled by the Half-Fiend template or other methods).
Apply mutation and cybernetics from d20 Future.
Accept requests for monsters that use material from the Modern SRD's main, Menace Manual, Urban Arcana, and Future sections.
Accept requests for monsters that use material from most of the "Blood and X" series from RPGObjects (including, but not limited to, Blood and Brains, Blood and Blades, Blood and Relics, and Blood and Time). The exception to this rule is Blood and Circuits and any Blood and Guts title not included in Blood and Guts General Edition, as I do not own those titles.
Accept historical materials from the Imperial Age series and Thrilling Tales series from Adamant Entertainment, or RPGObjects's Modern System-Roaring 20's.
Accept material from the Modern Player's Companion and Future Player's Companions, Modern Magic, Martial Arts Mayhem, and Crime and Punishment from the Game Mechanics.
Use weaponry from Ultramodern Firearms.
Convert a Dungeons and Dragons monster from either the Monster Manual or the Tome of Horrors I-III to d20 Modern rules to the best of my ability, as well as advance/template it with Modern materials if you so wish.
Provide information for Open Game Content materials I use that are outside of the SRD if you so desire.

I Won't...

Use material from d20 Past or d20 Critical Locations. I will use material from d20 Dark*Matter, d20 Apocalypse, d20 Cyberscape, and d20 Future Tech if you wish, but I will only reference page numbers rather than flaunt the legal line by quoting Closed Content.
Create robots. I am willing to modify existing robot stats, but creating them from scratch is a no-go for this thread's purposes.
Use homebrew creatures. I don't know enough about your creations on fire look to do anything like this with them.
Take requests that have no specific base creature or Challenge Rating listed.
Take requests that are outside of my power to create; in such cases, someone can feel free to step in and state their intention to give the request a try, though.

So, with those ground rules laid down, let the requests begin.

Chaos4knuckles
2010-04-25, 02:58 PM
Could you possible convert me a juvenile blue dragon with cr 8 from the main MM?

Rappy
2010-04-25, 11:24 PM
Okay then, how's this? I took the "generic true dragon" from Urban Arcana and tool-kitted it out with the blue dragon traits from the Monster Manual. I also replaced the generic true dragon's prepared spells with some more fitting ones.

The Sapphire Prince (Juvenile Blue Dragon)
CR: 8
Large Dragon
Hit Die: 16d12+48
Hit Points: 152
Massive Damage Threshold:
Initiative: +0
Speed: 40 ft., burrow 20 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor)
Defense: 23, touch 9, flat-footed 23 (-1 size, +14 natural)
Base Attack Bonus: +16
Grapple: +24
Attack: Bite +19 melee (2d6+4, bite)
Full attack: Bite +19 melee (2d6+4, bite) and +14 melee (1d8 +2, 2 claws) and +14 melee (1d8+2, tail slap) and +14 melee (1d6+2, 2 wings)
Fighting Space: 10 ft. by 10 ft.
Reach: 10 ft.
Special Qualities: Blindsight 120 ft., breath weapon, create/destroy water, immunity to electricity, low-light vision, darkvision 400 ft., sound imitation, spells, spell-like abilities
Allegiances: Evil, law
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +14
Action Points: 0
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 10, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff +14, Climb +18, Concentration +8, Hide +15, Intimidate +17, Jump +9, Knowledge (Arcane Lore) +17, Listen +14, Move Silently +8, Read/Write Arabic, Read/Write Draconic, Read/Write English, Read/Write Ignan, Read/Write Latin, Search +12, Speak Arabic, Speak Draconic, Speak English, Speak Ignan, Speak Latin, Spellcraft +21, Spot +14, Survival +12.
Feats: Alertness, Cleave, Improved Damage Threshold, Iron Will, Power Attack, Track
Advancement: 17-18 HD (Large); Young Adult
Possessions: None

Species Traits
Breath Weapon (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds, the Sapphire Prince can produce an 80-foot line of lightning, dealing 8d8 points of electricity damage. A character can make a Reflex save (DC 20) to take half damage.

Create/Destroy Water (Sp): Three times per day, the Sapphire Prince can conjure up to 2 gallons of wholesome, drinkable water. Similarly, he can choose to despoil unattended liquids containing water. Magic items (such as potions) and items in a creature’s possession must succeed on a Will save (DC 20) or be ruined. This ability is the equivalent of a 1st-level spell.

Sound Imitation (Ex): The Sapphire Prince can mimic any voice or sound he has heard, anytime he likes. Listeners must succeed on a Will save (DC 20) to detect the ruse.

Spells Prepared (4/3): 0-haywire, light, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st-cause fear, degauss, obscuring mist

Spell-like Abilities: 1/day-detect magical aura, sleep

Statter's Notes
I have an obsession with sticking things like basilisks and phoenixes in the Sahara. If you wish to use your blue dragon in a different stage, feel free to remove Arabic and replace it with whatever local language you wish.

Chaos4knuckles
2010-04-26, 09:36 AM
Thanks a lot mon, and to the stage thing, no worries. In fact the very campaign the players will be in is a desert the size of the entire north america, give or take a few 1000 suare miles, :smallwink: