PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Players as Hero-Gods (DR 0)

CockroachTeaParty
2010-03-18, 11:39 PM
My Google-fu is failing me; I know there was a thread concerning this very idea in relatively recent memory. If anyone can find it, I'd like to look once again upon its hallowed pages.

At any rate, some friends and I recently thought it would be fun to run a game in which the PCs are the children of gods, and have the abilities, immunities, and resistances of Divine Rank 0 entities.

They would not have 20 Outsider HD, and they probably wouldn't have any of the boosts to AC, but all the other assorted benefits are fair game.

With immunity to mind-affecting effects, ability damage/drain, energy drain, DR 10/epic, and more, what would be a Level Adjustment for a hero-deity?

If everyone played a demigod, I'd waive the LA, but use it as a way to eyeball challenge ratings, etc. The game would likely focus on the more political, social, and intrigue elements, since there would be few physical or magical threats to them (especially at low levels).

A LA somewhere around +5 or +6 seems about right. Obviously I wouldn't be putting them up against overwhelming odds (initially). At what point would their abilities make less of a difference? Though the immunities, SR, DR, etc. are a nice defense, they are hardly a guarantee of survival against higher level, well-prepared enemies.

Aethir
2010-03-18, 11:59 PM
The thread you seek: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143885