Adamaro
2010-03-19, 05:20 AM
How would you stat a space marine?

Generator here:
http://www.pathguy.com/d20modern.htm

Malacode
2010-03-19, 05:34 AM
Okay, ideas:
Race: Praetorian. Seriously. +4 Con seems prety space-marine to me, and they -are- genetically altered humans.
Stats should be 5d6 best three
Strong or Dedicated depending on chapter they are, maybe Fast if they're a Scout and not a full Marine yet.
Millitary background, maybe Astronaut Trainee if they're a Techmarine.
That's all I've got to contribute for now.

Adamaro
2010-03-19, 05:35 AM
Tnx. I was thinking and re-thinking different options, but decided to ask here in the end. Problem is I do not have much experience with d20 modern.

SpikeFightwicky
2010-03-19, 07:56 AM
Not sure how the generator works, but the d20 Future PL8 'Boost Armor' would be an equivalent to their usual power armor.

Amiel
2010-03-19, 08:10 AM
Here is my contribution; it's meant to represent a more powerful variant of the Space Marine; perhaps pre-Heresy era or even a chains of command role.

Space Marine, Adeptus Astarte
Medium Outsider
Hit Dice: 18d8 + 201 (345 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 45 (+8 armor, +6 deflection, +4 Dex, +17 natural) touch 28, flat-footed 41
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+29
Attack: Heavy bolter +23 ranged (4d8 + 10) or power sword +34 melee (2d8 + 11 + ignore armor/15-20/x2) or slam +29 melee (2d6 + 11)
Full Attack: Heavy bolter +23/+23/+17/+13/+7 ranged (4d8 + 10) or power sword +34/+29/+24/+19 melee (2d8 + 11 + ignore armor/15-20/x2) or 2 slams +29 melee (2d6 + 8)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Acid spittle
Special Qualities: Bletcher's gland, biscopea, catalepsean node, damage reduction 15/normal, fast healing 10, haemastamen, immunity to disease and poison, Larraman's organ, Lyman's ear, melanochrome, mucranoid, multi-lung, neuroglottis, occulobe, omophagea, oolitic kidney, ossmudula, preomnor, progenoid glands, powerful build, scent, resistance to cold 20 and fire 20, secondary heart, the black carapace
Saves: Fort +21, Ref +15, Will +16
Abilities: Str 32, Dex 18, Con 31, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 22
Skills: Yes
Feats: Cleave, Diehard B, Endurance B, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Toughness B, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Self-Sufficient B, Track B, Weapon Focus (heavy bolter)
Climate/Terrain: Warhammer Metaverse
Organization: Squad
Challenge Rating: 20
Treasure: Double standard; heavy bolter, heavy armor, chain sword
Alignment: Any non-evil

Bletcher's Gland (Ex): These glands secrete an extremely corrosive acid, capable of working through solid iron. This acid is delivered whenever the space marine makes a bite attack.

Catalepsean Node (Ex): The space marine becomes highly resistant to the ill effects of sleep deprivation, and is able to subsist on minimal or no sleep for a period of days equal to 10 x its Con score.

Biscopea (Ex): This implant increases the space marine's Str by +2 (already factored into the stats above).

Larraman's Organ (Ex): Larraman's organ effectively confers the benefits of fast healing 10. Additionally, the space marine is furthermore resistant to massive damage. This implant also gives Toughness as bonus feat.

Lyman's Ear (Ex): The space marine becomes immune to dizziness and nausea.

Melanochrome (Ex): This genetic modification grants the benefits of resistance to cold 20 and resistance to fire 20 (only when the mucranoid organ is functioning properly).

Multi-lung (Ex): This genetic implant allows the space marine to breathe easily in toxic and heavily polluted environments and to filter out poisonous elements by absorbing oxygen from oxygen poor environments; it grants immunity to poison and disease, but the space marine may still be affected normally by magical poisons or diseases.

Neuroglottis (Ex): This organ bestows the space marine with the ability to Track as a bonus feat. This gene modification also duplicates the scent ability.

Occulobe (Ex): This organ grants exceptional vision and superior low-light vision to the space marine.

Ossmuldua (Ex): The ossmuldua genetic modification bestows the space marine with a +4 increase to AC and a +2 increase to Str (already factored into the stats above).

Preomnor (Ex): The space marine becomes immune to poisons (only when the oolitic kidney is functioning properly). The space marine is also able to ingest normally inedible materials; he ignores the hardness of properties whenever he chooses to ingest otherwise inedible materials, ie adamantine, mithral et al.

Progenoid Glands (Ex): Arguably the single most important implant of all, these serve to collect and cultivate the gene-seed from a Space Marine's body, and to safeguard it for the continuity of a Chapter.

Secondary Heart (Ex): The first of many gene-seed implants, the secondary heart effectively bestows the space marine with Diehard, Endurance and Self-Sufficient as bonus feats.

The Black Carapace (Ex): This modification allows the space marine to directly interface with and gain the greatest benefit from his power armor. The space marine does not suffer from a -AC or Dex penalty to AC when implanted with the black carapace nor does he suffer encumbrance penalties or from a reduced speed.

Notes: this variation of the spess mahrens was designed quite a while ago, although it still uses 3.5 edition rules. I've only just recently revisited the concept having once again fired up a Dark Crusade campaign on the PC.

Adamaro
2010-03-19, 09:06 AM
I am in awe, good sir.

Thanks a dozen times.

aberratio ictus
2010-03-19, 10:00 AM
Alignment: Any non-evil

Any non-evil? Any lawful, I would say.

Mordokai
2010-03-19, 10:02 AM

Yeah, in my experience (which, admittedly, is rather limited) with Warhammer 40K, that's closer to truth.

But otherwise that's an impressive work indeed Amiel.

Master_Rahl22
2010-03-19, 12:30 PM
Take the biggest, most badass character you can think of.

Ok, you got it?

Now multiply that by 20 and you might be getting close to a Space Marine.

That is why you can't play as one in Dark Heresy and other 40K RPGs, cause they're just better than everything else. The tabletop game had to tone them down for the purpose of game balance, and they're still frakking awesome.

Volkov
2010-03-19, 05:41 PM
Okay, ideas:
Race: Praetorian. Seriously. +4 Con seems prety space-marine to me, and they -are- genetically altered humans.
Stats should be 5d6 best three
Strong or Dedicated depending on chapter they are, maybe Fast if they're a Scout and not a full Marine yet.
Millitary background, maybe Astronaut Trainee if they're a Techmarine.
That's all I've got to contribute for now.

They'd probably have a bit more than just +4, considering that they can lift several tons of weight and have a skeletal structure strong enough to not be torn apart by this effort.

Volkov
2010-03-19, 05:47 PM

The space wolves would like to have a word with you.

krossbow
2010-03-19, 05:50 PM
-4 to wisdom. Commander Boreal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E&feature=related) will not be denied.

Volkov
2010-03-19, 05:53 PM
-4 to wisdom. Commander Boreal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E&feature=related) will not be denied.

No, Boreal just rolled an average int, a craptastic wis score, and a incredulously high charisma score.