PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Re-locating a class

Malacode
2010-03-19, 05:31 AM
I remember finding a Ninja-style class on the WOTC boards a while back, the used the combat system from Bo9S. It was all about subterfuge and assasination, nothing mystical. However, the boards have since been updated and I can't access it through my favourites. I was wondering if anyone knows of another place to find this class, as I'd like to use it in an upcoming game. Sorry I can't provide more info (Like a name), but it's been ages since I read it, soo... Yeah. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Eldariel
2010-03-19, 07:55 AM
I remember finding a Ninja-style class on the WOTC boards a while back, the used the combat system from Bo9S. It was all about subterfuge and assasination, nothing mystical. However, the boards have since been updated and I can't access it through my favourites. I was wondering if anyone knows of another place to find this class, as I'd like to use it in an upcoming game. Sorry I can't provide more info (Like a name), but it's been ages since I read it, soo... Yeah. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Post the link address from your favorites and I can get you the page.

Mongoose87
2010-03-19, 07:58 AM
Was it homebrew? If it wasn't, maybe it was the Shadow Sun Ninja.

Boci
2010-03-19, 07:58 AM
This was always my favourite. Unfortunatly I never thought to save the creator's name. I think it was heretic888.

Hit Die: d8.

Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level, x4 at 1st level): Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nature), Listen, Martial Lore, Move Silently, Perform, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope.

TABLE 1: THE SHINOBI

Base Fort Ref Will
Level Attack Bonus Save Save Save Special
1st +0 +0 +2 +2 AC bonus, unarmed strike
2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 Way of the shinobi
3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 --
4th +3 +1 +4 +4 Way of the shinobi
5th +3 +1 +4 +4 --
6th +4 +2 +5 +5 Way of the shinobi
7th +5 +2 +5 +5 --
8th +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 Way of the shinobi
9th +6/+1 +3 +6 +6 --
10th +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 Way of the shinobi
11th +8/+3 +3 +7 +7 --
12th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 Way of the shinobi
13th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 --
14th +10/+5 +4 +9 +9 Way of the shinobi
15th +11/+6/+1 +5 +9 +9 --
16th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 Way of the shinobi
17th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 --
18th +13/+8/+3 +6 +11 +11 Way of the shinobi
19th +14/+9/+4 +6 +11 +11 --
20th +15/+10/+5 +6 +12 +12 Way of the shinobi

TABLE 2: THE SHINOBI

Maneuvers Maneuvers Stances
Level Known Readied Known
1st 5 4 1
2nd 5 4 2
3rd 6 4 2
4th 7 5 2
5th 8 5 2
6th 8 5 3
7th 9 6 3
8th 10 6 3
9th 11 6 3
10th 11 7 3
11th 12 7 4
12th 13 7 4
13th 14 8 4
14th 14 8 4
15th 15 8 4
16th 16 9 4
17th 17 9 5
18th 17 9 5
19th 18 10 5
20th 19 10 5

CLASS FEATURES

You are unique among martial adepts in that you are defined not only by your knowledge of the Sublime Way, but also by the steps you have chosen to traverse along the way of the shinobi. Some shinobi seek the way of misdirection, emphasizing feints and tactical deception in the very heat of combat. Other shinobi choose the way of celerity, honing their ability to sprint and strike with sheer alacrity. Yet other shinobi have taken the way of stealth, delving into the finer teachings of the shadow arts. Most shinobi, however, opt for an eclectic approach that incorporates steps from all of the paths.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: As a shinobi, you are proficient with chain, club, dagger, gauntlet, kama, katana, kawanga, kusari-gama, nekode, ninja-to, quarterstaff, shikomi-zue, shortbow, shortspear, shuriken, unarmed strike, and wakizashi. You are also proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

Maneuvers: You begin your career with knowledge of five martial maneuvers. The disciplines available to you are Diamond Mind, Hidden Door, Setting Sun, and Shadow Hand.

Once you know a maneuver, you must ready it before you can use it (see Maneuvers Readied, below). A maneuver usable by shinobi is considered an extraordinary ability unless otherwise noted in its description. Your maneuvers are not affected by spell resistance, and you do not provoke attacks of opportunity when you initiate one.

You learn additional maneuvers at higher levels, as shown on Table 2: The Shinobi. You must meet a maneuver’s prerequisite to learn it. See Table 3-1 on page 39 of Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords to determine the highest-level maneuvers you can learn.

Upon reaching 4th level and at every even-numbered shinobi level after that (6th, 8th, 10th, and so on), you can choose to learn a new maneuver in place of one you already know. In effect, you lose the old maneuver in exchange for the new one. You can choose a new maneuver of any level you like, as long you observe your restriction on the highest-level maneuvers you know; you need not replace the old maneuver with a maneuver of the same level. For example, upon reaching 10th level, you could trade in a single 1st-, 2nd-, 3rd-, or 4th-level maneuver for a maneuver of 5th level or lower, as long as you meet the prerequisite of the new maneuver. You can swap only a single maneuver at any given level.

Maneuvers Readied: You can ready four of your five maneuvers known at 1st level, and as you advance in level and learn more maneuvers, you are able to ready more, but you must still choose which maneuvers to ready. You ready your maneuvers by training for 5 minutes. The maneuvers you choose remain readied until you decide to train again and change them. You need not sleep or rest for any long period of time to ready your maneuvers; any time you spend 5 minutes in training, you can change your readied maneuvers.

You begin an encounter with all your readied maneuvers unexpended, regardless of how many times you might have already used them since you chose them. When you initiate a maneuver, you expend it for the current encounter, so each of your readied maneuvers can be used once per encounter (until you recover them, as described below).

Because a shinobi's effectiveness in combat is dependent on your ability to deceive and outmaneuver your opponents, you refresh your maneuvers differently than other martial adepts. Once per round, you can recover an expended maneuver by attacking a flat-footed opponent or by attacking an opponent you have feinted. If your attack is successful, you can choose one expended maneuver to refresh. However, you may not recover a maneuver during the same round in which it was initiated.

Stances Known: You begin play with knowledge of one 1st-level stance from any discipline open to shinobi. At 2nd, 6th, 11th, and 17th level, you can choose additional stances. Unlike maneuvers, stances are not expended, and you do not have to ready them. All the stances you know are available to you at all times, and you can change the stance you currently use as a swift action. A stance is an extraordinary ability unless otherwise stated in the stance description.

Unlike with maneuvers, you cannot learn a new stance at higher levels in place of one you already know.

AC Bonus: You can add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus to Armor Class, so long as you wear light or no armor, are unencumbered, and do not use a shield. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when you are flat-footed. However, you lose this bonus when you are immobilized or helpless.

Unarmed Strike: You gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat at 1st level.

Way of the Shinobi: At 2nd level and every two shinobi levels thereafter, you may take a step along one of the many of paths available to a shinobi. You may take steps in more than one path, but to reach a higher step in any path you must achieve all the lower steps beforehand. The paths given to the shinobi are as follows.

1. Way of Misdirection:
• Improved Misdirection (Ex): At 1st step, you may now make a Bluff check to feint in combat or to create a diversion to hide as a move action.
• Hidden Strike (Ex): At 2nd step, you gain a +1 insight bonus to your melee attack and damage rolls whenever your target is flat-footed or otherwise denied its Dexterity bonus to AC. This bonus increases to +2 at 4th step, +3 at 6th step, +4 at 8th step, and +5 at 10th step.
• Deceiving Mist (Ex): At 3rd step, you gain concealment for 1 round against any target you have successfully feinted in combat.
• Greater Misdirection (Ex): At 5th step, you may now make a Bluff check to feint in combat or to create a diversion to hide as a swift action.
• Deceiving Wind (Ex): At 7th step, you gain total concealment for 1 round against any target you have successfully feinted in combat.
• Superior Misdirection (Ex): At 9th step, you may now make a Bluff check to feint in combat or to create a diversion to hide as a free action.

2. Way of Celerity:
• Evasion (Ex): At 1st step, you can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If you make a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals damage on a successful save, you instead take no damage. Evasion can only be used if you are wearing light armor or no armor. If you are helpless, you do not gain the benefit of evasion.
• Fast Movement (Ex): At 2nd step, you gain an enhancement bonus to your base land speed equal to 10 feet. This increases to 20 feet at 4th step, 30 feet at 6th step, 40 feet at 8th step, and 50 feet at 10th step.
• Blade of Celerity (Ex): At 3rd step, you gain a +1 insight bonus to your melee attack and damage rolls for every two steps you have taken in the way of celerity. You must move at least 10 feet to gain the benefit of this ability.
• Improved Evasion (Ex): At 5th step, you gain the benefit of improved evasion. You still take no damage if you make a successful Reflex save against an attack, and even if you fail the Reflex save, you take only half damage from the attack. If you are helpless, you do not gain the benefit of improved evasion.
• Step of Celerity (Ex): At 7th step, you can move at your normal speed with no penalty to your Balance and Tumble checks.
• Evasion Mastery (Ex): At 9th step, you gain the benefit of evasion mastery. Once per encounter, you may choose to take no damage whatsoever from an attack that requires a Reflex saving throw. If you are helpless, you do not gain the benefit of evasion mastery.

3. Way of Stealth:
• Improved Stealth (Ex): At 1st step, you take no penalty to your Hide and Move Silently checks for moving greater than one-half but less than your normal speed.
• No Trace (Ex): At 2nd step, you may now add one-half your shinobi level (rounded down) to the DC of Survival checks made to track you.
• Greater Stealth (Ex): At 3rd step, you take only a -15 penalty to your Hide and Move Silently checks while charging, fighting, or running.
• Blindsense (Ex): At 4th step, your senses have adapted to fighting in darkness. You gain blindsense with a range of 10 feet for every two steps you have taken in the way of stealth.
• Superior Stealth (Ex): At 5th step, you take only a -10 penalty to your Hide and Move Silently checks while charging, fighting, or running.
• Vanishing Wind (Ex): At 6th step, you may use the Hide skill even if you don’t have cover or concealment.
• Stealth Mastery (Ex): At 7th step, you take only a -5 penalty to your Hide and Move Silently checks while charging, fighting, or running.
• Vanishing Shadow (Ex): At 8th step, you may use the Hide skill even while under observation.
• Perfect Stealth (Ex): At 9th step, you take no penalty to your Hide and Move Silently checks while charging, fighting, or running.
• Shadow Warrior (Ex): At 10th step, you have become accustomed to moving and fighting in total darkness. You no longer Suffer any penalty or impairment while blinded or while fighting an invisible opponent.

Edit: They actually posted it here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19556990/SHINOBI_-_An_Oriental_Adventures_Martial_Adept

lsfreak
2010-03-19, 12:38 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124905) appears to be a repost of a Sublime Assassin that was on the wizards site from quite a while ago.