PDA

View Full Version : Anyspell Domain + Domain Spontaneity = Suck it Wizards, Cleric owns versatility?

Brock Samson
2010-03-19, 10:11 AM
Is this about right? Am I missing something?

adecoy95
2010-03-19, 10:12 AM
you cant spontaniously use anyspell

you have to read and prepare the spell from a spellbook, you did read anyspell right?

EDIT: i guess you COULD spontaniously use it, but its not really that spontanious if it takes 15 min imo

Brock Samson
2010-03-19, 10:18 AM
My bad, it's been a while since I read it. Just a random thought.

adecoy95
2010-03-19, 10:20 AM
its all good, if your looking for more happy fun times with anyspell, use secret page and a boccobs blessid book to have access to a bunch of spells you dident even need to scribe

jiriku
2010-03-19, 10:22 AM
Yes. You can also use the Initiate of Mystra feat to spontaneously cast Anyspell and Greater Anyspell, but as mentioned, the casting time really eats your ability to use them heavily.

What I'm fond of is using your access to Anyspell and and Greater Anyspell as a means to really say that you "know" the spells in a spellbook you possess, enabling you to select them as spellmantles with Dweomerkeeper, thus spontaneously casting selected arcane spells as a divine spellcaster.

Eldariel
2010-03-19, 10:28 AM
Doesn't make Wizards "suck it", but it does give you plenty of their toys; Domain Spontaneity means you can cast any number of Wizard-spells of the allowed levels per day which is exceedingly useful for bufifng and the like. Combat uses are limited to the one you've prepared tho.

Optimystik
2010-03-19, 10:31 AM
Cheater of Mystra is great fun for Clerics. :smallwink:

For more arcane goodness from your cleric, go with a Cloistered Cleric and trade in your lame-o domain for Divine Magician (CM.)

Also, enjoy your free Identifies at level 1!

Brock Samson
2010-03-19, 10:33 AM
Where is Initiate of Mystra located? And what does Divine Magician do for you?

Optimystik
2010-03-19, 10:37 AM
Where is Initiate of Mystra located? And what does Divine Magician do for you?

Divine Magician is an ACF in Complete Mage that lets you trade a domain out to add any abjuration, divination or necromancy wizard spell to your spells known at each level. Since Cloistered Cleric gets a free (somewhat crappy) domain, this is a great thing to toss it for.

Cheater of Mystra is in Player's Guide to Faerun. In addition to adding Anyspell and other goodies to your spells known, it also lets you cast in an AMF with a level check.

adecoy95
2010-03-19, 11:28 AM
Divine Magician is an ACF in Complete Mage that lets you trade a domain out to add any abjuration, divination or necromancy wizard spell to your spells known at each level. Since Cloistered Cleric gets a free (somewhat crappy) domain, this is a great thing to toss it for.

Cheater of Mystra is in Player's Guide to Faerun. In addition to adding Anyspell and other goodies to your spells known, it also lets you cast in an AMF with a level check.

i will have to remember this one, its really cool