2010-03-19, 11:34 AM
Spell Akuma
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/Bone_Mask_by_el_grimlock.jpg
Kashe Vakria, manifesting his akuma mask

HD: d6

Requirements
Alignment: Any but lawful good
BAB: +3
Feats: Inner Demon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71073), any metamagic feat
Skills: Knowledge (the planes, arcana or religion) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks
Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3rd level spells
Special: Must have gone through a ritual in order to control your inner demon, which produces the Akuma Mask(see below).

Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Profession and Spellcraft
Skill-points per level: 2+Int modifier

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Akuma mask, balance with evil|--
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|--|+1 of existing spellcasting class
3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Demon magic|+1 of existing spellcasting class
4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|--|+1 of existing spellcasting class
5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Demon magic|+1 of existing spellcasting class
6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|--|+1 of existing spellcasting class
7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Demon magic|+1 of existing spellcasting class
8th|+6|+2|+2|+6|--|+1 of existing spellcasting class
9th|+6|+3|+3|+6|Demon magic|+1 of existing spellcasting class
10th|+7|+3|+3|+7|Harvest the souls, one with the demon|+1 of existing spellcasting class
[/table]

Weapons and Armor proficiencies: Spell akumas gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At each level but first, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level(and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a spell akuma, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

Akuma Mask (Su): Upon entering this class, your magical skill and inner balance takes the rage and power of the demon that dwells within you and channels it toward eldritch might. You no longer fly into your demonic rage whenever you receive damage nor do you ever feel the urge to target your allies(if you don't want to in the first place, that is) and instead may rage whenever you please(though still only once an encounter). Whenever you are in your Inner Demon rage you manifest a mask of terrifying demonic flesh or bone, and may act with clarity and calm of mind, which no longer restricts you from using any skills or casting any spells by virtue of being in a rage. Secondly, you rage as a barbarian of your HD, instead of half of it. Additionally, the benefits of the mask change just physical prowess into both mental and physical prowess. Instead of gaining bonuses to Strength and Constitution as a barbarian of your level would, you gain a bonus to any mental ability scores of your choice and your Constitution score. Once this score has been chosen, it cannot be changed from rage to rage. You also gain bonuses to your chosen mental ability score based on your akuma mask level(1-4 +2, 5-7 +4, 8-10 +6), but the bonus only occurs when you are raging. Also unlike the barbarian rage, you do not take a penalty to your Armor Class in the rage.

Balance With Evil (Ex): You become capable of understanding how demons work without falling into the abyss along with them. You are now capable of taking feats with the [Vile] descriptor without needing to be evil, or risking becoming evil by taking them. If you are already evil, this class feature has no effect.
Additionally, you can cast spells of the Evil descriptor without risking on an evil alignment.

Demon Magic (Ex, Su or Sp): Your demon mask is capable of doing more than calming your inner demon, it also turns it's fury into channeled and refined demon magics. At 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th levels, you pick one of the abilities from the list below. These abilities only function while wearing your akuma mask(see above). Once chosen, this ability cannot be changed. Some of the abilities have level or ability requirements before you can take them.

Abyssal Blast(Su): You gain the ability to channel some of your demon's power into a focused blast of energy. This ability is usable once per encounter as a standard action as a ranged touch attack and deals damage equal to your caster level times 1d6(max 15d6) and deals unholy damage. The bolt of energy is usually black or red and crackles the air around it. You can only get this ability at 5th level or higher and it can be taken multiple times, each additional time you get this ability you can use it another time per encounter.

Blood Magic (Su): By dragging a knife or claw through your flesh, you reap your own vitality to enhance your magic. By sacrificing an equivalent amount of constitution and taking 1 point of damage, you can cast a spell as a metamagic spell without raising its spell level For example, empowering a spell would require you to drain your constitution by 2, as Empower Spell requires a spell slot two levels higher.

Dread Conjurer (Su): Your conjuration magics are a tier above your peers, exceeding the powers of those even specialized in summoning. Whenever you cast a summon monster spell of any level, and you are summoning creatures of an evil alignment you may select from a list of monsters of a higher spell level. For example, the spell akuma may cast summon monster I to summon a lemure devil, or summon monster IX to summon 1d3 bebiliths. This ability requires the Spell Focus (conjuration) feat to take.

Elemental Ravaging (Su): Your ability to penetrate the resistances of your foes is uncanny, using the elements to greater power. Select a single energy type, whenever a spell you cast deals damage of that energy type it overcomes all energy resistances of whom you cast it on, and deals half damage to anyone who would otherwise be immune to that damage type. This ability can be taken five times, one for each energy damage type.

Energy Resistance(Ex): You gain the ability to ignore the damage dealt by certain elements. You gain resistance to electricity and fire equal to your spell akuma level. This ability can be taken multiple times, and each new time taken gives you equal resistance to another type of energy damage.

Fast Healing(Ex): You gain the quickly healing flesh of a demon. This ability grants fast healing 1, and your skin darkens very slightly, becoming closer to dark red. You can only get this ability at 5th level or higher and it can be taken multiple times.

Regeneration(Ex): Your flesh becomes more adept at healing itself. This ability replaces your fast healing with an equal amount of regeneration. This regeneration can be overcome with good aligned weapons or spells with the good descriptor. This ability does not grant the ability to regrow lost limbs but holding severed limbs to the stump automatically reattaches it. You must be 9th level to take this ability and have the Fast Healing demon ability.

Resist Blows(Ex): Your skin isn't only armor-like, but it is capable of ignoring blows to a certain degree. You gain damage reduction 10/good, if you already have this damage reduction it instead increases by 5. This ability can be taken multiple times, the effects stack.

Toughened Skin(Ex): Your skin thickens and becomes more armor-like. You gain a +4 natural armor bonus as your skin becomes slightly more scaley and leathery. This ability can be taken multiple times, increasing your existing natural armor by 1 for each additional gain of this ability.

Unholy Mind (Ex): The demons in your head and soul reach into your mind and enhance the efficiency of your brain, pushing your thoughts above and beyond normal capacity. You gain a +2 profane bonus to your Int, Wis or Cha, chosen when you get this ability. This ability can be taken multiple times, applying to the same or a different stat each time, your choice.

Harvest the Souls (Su): At 10th level, when you bring a foe to negative hit points while in your Inner Demon rage, you may feed on its soul as a free action. Absorbing a soul gives you the ability to use special demonic spells for the duration of the encounter based on the HD of the victim absorbed(see below). It also makes your rage last one more round and lets you cast an additional spell known or prepared of a level of one lower than your highest spell level known or lower. All these benefits lasts for 1 round per hit dice of the victim.
These spells are considered to be prepared immediately or added to your list of known spells. Spell akuma who prepare spells must prepare the new spell in the additional spell slot that is granted to them, granting it's a slot of the same level of the spell. They can prepare multiple instances of the same spell whenever they gain a new temporary spell-slot. The temporarily attained spells are listed below.

{table="head"]HD|Spells known
1-9 HD|animate dead, nightmare, unhallow
10-15 HD|blasphemy, create undead
16-20 HD|create greater undead, unholy aura
21+ HD|energy drain, weird
[/table]

One with the Demon (Ex): At 10th level, you and your inner demon become more like one being than ever before. Your type changes to Outsider, and whenever you are wearing your akuma mask you gain the Evil subtype. You are now capable of using your akuma mask at will, though once the duration ends you must wait 10 rounds before using it again.
Despite the feat's prerequisites, this ability does not rid you of your Inner Demon feat.

Forever Curious
2010-03-19, 11:43 AM
I likes it. I'm not really one to comment on power level, but it seems balanced.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-19, 11:53 AM
Krim the spellcasting entry doesn't match the table

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-03-19, 12:34 PM
Krim the spellcasting entry doesn't match the table

Whoops, fixing.

Eikonos
2010-03-20, 12:57 AM
Interesting stuff :smallsmile:

Lochar
2010-03-21, 03:31 PM
Instead of gaining bonuses to Strength and Constitution as a barbarian of your level would, you gain a bonus to any mental ability scores of your choice and your Constitution score. Once this score has been chosen, it cannot be changed from rage to rage. You also gain bonuses to your chosen mental ability score based on your akuma mask level(1-4 +2, 5-7 +4, 8-10 +6), but the bonus only occurs when you are raging.

Just to be clear here.

Instead of a +4 to Str and Con, I'd get a +4 to Con and +4 (mental attribute).

Then I get an additional + to the same mental, based on PrC level? So a level 1 would get a +4 Con and +6 mental?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-03-21, 06:22 PM
Just to be clear here.

Instead of a +4 to Str and Con, I'd get a +4 to Con and +4 (mental attribute).

Then I get an additional + to the same mental, based on PrC level? So a level 1 would get a +4 Con and +6 mental?

This is correct.

The Tygre
2010-04-08, 10:28 AM
Leave it to Krimm to find the lamest thing in Exalted and make a kick ass prestige class out of it. :smallcool:

Draken
2010-04-08, 10:54 AM
The cooldown of One with the Demon scaling up with caster level doesn't look like a particularly good idea. I would recommend giving it a stactic cooldown of 10 rounds, since that is basicaly the cooldown it would have at 20th level before you apply magic items (considering that Practiced Spellcraster was taken to offset the CL loss).

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-08, 06:52 PM
Leave it to Krimm to find the lamest thing in Exalted and make a kick ass prestige class out of it. :smallcool:

Well, it's really more bleach-flavored but I thank you for the praise nonetheless!

The cooldown of One with the Demon scaling up with caster level doesn't look like a particularly good idea. I would recommend giving it a stactic cooldown of 10 rounds, since that is basicaly the cooldown it would have at 20th level before you apply magic items (considering that Practiced Spellcraster was taken to offset the CL loss).

Altered.

afroakuma
2010-04-08, 06:54 PM
Hmm... I may just need to be this class.

:smallamused:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-08, 09:03 PM
Hmm... I may just need to be this class.

:smallamused:

Everyone needs to be one of my prestige classes.

The Demented One
2010-04-08, 09:13 PM
Dude, Akuma are awesome. You just have to be the Storyteller to get to use them. :smallbiggrin:

Draken
2010-04-08, 10:09 PM
Everyone needs to be one of my prestige classes.

I call the right to represent the Aberrant Armorlord.

The Tygre
2010-04-08, 10:22 PM
Dude, Akuma are awesome. You just have to be the Storyteller to get to use them. :smallbiggrin:

No, -your- Akuma are awesome. But you're the Demented One: Sol, Luna, and the Five Maidens are your fetich.

The Demented One
2010-04-09, 02:03 AM
No, -your- Akuma are awesome. But you're the Demented One: Sol, Luna, and the Five Maidens are your fetich.
I think Krimm is my fetich. He's like a tiny me!

Except, you know, older. But with a less impressive beard.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-09, 02:06 AM
I think Krimm is my fetich. He's like a tiny me!

Except, you know, older. But with a less impressive beard.

Those are both exactly the opposite of the truth, sir!

Dante & Vergil
2010-05-08, 03:25 PM
I'm supprised that you haven't done some of these prestige classes as base classes. They're pretty good.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-05-09, 12:31 PM
I'm supprised that you haven't done some of these prestige classes as base classes. They're pretty good.

Maybe, but despite what intuition and logic might dictate, I'm terrible at making base classes.:smallfrown:

Klyth Manyclaw
2010-05-09, 03:02 PM
This class is amazing. It looks fairly balanced, though I'm not a really good judge of that, and it's so flavorful it's making my Mountain Dew taste like water. Stupendous. Mind if I use it? :smallbiggrin:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-05-09, 03:51 PM
This class is amazing. It looks fairly balanced, though I'm not a really good judge of that, and it's so flavorful it's making my Mountain Dew taste like water. Stupendous. Mind if I use it? :smallbiggrin:

Go ahead, all my stuff is free to use.