PDA

View Full Version : Question about Templates [3.5]

Barmacral
2010-03-19, 12:38 PM
So, I'm looking at making a favoured soul, and I want to step outside of the core races, and when looking around I saw the Guardinals. They look like they would fit in fantastically well for a favoured soul, and I'm liking how the Leonal variant looks specifically.

However, I've never made a character based off of the Monster Manual before, and I'm wondering how I'd translate the stats to a character sheet, which ones I'd use vs what ones I'd roll myself. So, any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-03-19, 12:41 PM
So, I'm looking at making a favoured soul, and I want to step outside of the core races, and when looking around I saw the Guardinals. They look like they would fit in fantastically well for a favoured soul, and I'm liking how the Leonal variant looks specifically.

However, I've never made a character based off of the Monster Manual before, and I'm wondering how I'd translate the stats to a character sheet, which ones I'd use vs what ones I'd roll myself. So, any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Pretty simple. Subtract 10 from even stats and 11 from odd stats. What you get are the racial modifiers, positive and negative. Rolls your stats and add/subtract the racials.

Edit: Why's the title mentioning templates though?

Barmacral
2010-03-19, 12:51 PM
Title's mentioning it cause I'd been googling around for one for a bit, and made the title before asking the question, then didn't think to go back to rephrase it.

Also, thanks, this is much appreciated.

Runestar
2010-03-19, 06:27 PM
A leonal is ECL20, so you won't be able to fit in any favoured soul lvs before lv21.:smallamused:

Volkov
2010-03-19, 06:34 PM
A leonal is ECL20, so you won't be able to fit in any favoured soul lvs before lv21.:smallamused:

Ignore it, if he's the DM he can fudge little details like that. If he's a PC, this would be a ridiculously weak build.