PDA

View Full Version : Seelie Fey Druid Guardian of Nature <3.5>

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-19, 12:51 PM
Since Druid is probably among the most overpowered classes in Core D&D, and stands out as one of a few BCs that doesn't need a PrC to be awesome (Sorcerer and Cleric are the others). However, in a "spin on its head," how do you make a druid who is awesome without needing to wildshape?

The race is predetermined: Seelie Court Killoren (It qualifies...)

any PrC and Feat ideas, please post here.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-03-19, 12:57 PM
Um well wildshape just pushes druid into the OP state.

They still have full casting and AC.

Both are great.

I would just concentrate on casting. they still are rediculous with our casting though at that point i would ask why not just play a spirit shaman.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-19, 01:01 PM
Um well wildshape just pushes druid into the OP state.

They still have full casting and AC.

Both are great.

I would just concentrate on casting. they still are rediculous with our casting though at that point i would ask why not just play a spirit shaman.

I've never played a Spirit Shaman (though I hear it's a refluffed OA shaman), and I don't know what PrCs are good with it. I mean, i worship a custom Pantheon

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-19, 01:09 PM
so in reality, if I don't want wildshape cheese, then Spirit Shaman/Shaman is my best bet?

Gametime
2010-03-19, 01:29 PM
Druid is still better than Spirit Shaman, if you ask me. Animal Companions are great, and spontaneous summoning is great.

If you aren't fighting in melee yourself, I'd focus on summons. There are some feats from setting-specific books that make your SNA spells crazy-go-nuts; take those, buff up your Animal Companion, and start throwing mega-squirrels at any problem until it goes away.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-19, 01:31 PM
Druid is still better than Spirit Shaman, if you ask me. Animal Companions are great, and spontaneous summoning is great.

If you aren't fighting in melee yourself, I'd focus on summons. There are some feats from setting-specific books that make your SNA spells crazy-go-nuts; take those, buff up your Animal Companion, and start throwing mega-squirrels at any problem until it goes away.

true...

I mean, is the "Astetic" druid Variant worth it if I'm not going to wildshape?

Pluto
2010-03-19, 01:56 PM
I've never played a Spirit Shaman (though I hear it's a refluffed OA shaman),Not quite.

The OA Shaman is a Cleric with an Animal Companion, Divine Grace, more skills and a more versatile spell list.

The Spirit Shaman is a MAD Druid without an Animal Companion or Wild Shape.

I mean, is the "Astetic" druid Variant worth it if I'm not going to wildshape?
Nothing for something is always a good trade.

(Though you lose access to Aspects of Nature. But that's okay. Aspects of Nature suck.)

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-19, 01:59 PM
Not quite.

The OA Shaman is a Cleric with an Animal Companion, Divine Grace, more skills and a more versatile spell list.

The Spirit Shaman is a MAD Druid without an Animal Companion or Wild Shape.

So Shaman is a better choice for the guardian of nature?

Nothing for something is always a good trade.

(Though you lose access to Aspects of Nature. But that's okay. Aspects of Nature suck.)

not that one, the one where you ditch Wildshape (something he won't use) for Monk's WIS to AC, Speed, and a few other bonuses

Pluto
2010-03-19, 02:03 PM
So Shaman is a better choice for the guardian of nature?
It could be.

Druid definitely is, though.

not that one, the one where you ditch Wildshape (something he won't use) for Monk's WIS to AC, Speed, and a few other bonuses
That's what I meant.

You lose Wild Shape and you can't use Aspect of Nature (but you weren't going to use Wild Shape and Aspect of Nature is pretty bad anyway), and you get something useful for it.

It's a good choice.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-19, 02:04 PM
It could be.

Druid definitely is, though.

So which has the better spells?

That's what I meant.

You lose Wild Shape and you can't use Aspect of Nature (but you weren't going to use Wild Shape and Aspect of Nature is pretty bad anyway), and you get something useful for it.

It's a good choice.

Plus, a Killoren has a Wildshape-Like ability anyways