PDA

View Full Version : Invisibility

Eldan
2010-03-19, 07:13 PM
Yes, Ladies and Gents, you read right.

Invisibility. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8574923.stm)

Granted, only on very, very small space, and in certain frequencies, but hey, it's a step in the right direction.

Flickerdart
2010-03-19, 07:22 PM
Excellent. Now we can hide from things that see only UV rays. Or we could just wear red and accomplish much the same thing. :smalltongue:

thubby
2010-03-19, 07:28 PM
this is kinda old news...

RandomNPC
2010-03-19, 07:49 PM
Here I was thinking this was going to be a "Wrong area for this post" kind of thing, and I find they've read my mind and made my tech before I could get funding.

Curse those mind readers! I'll just have to think of more vile things.... yea.

but honnestly, I've seen a few attempts at invisibility, and if all the ones I've seen got over themselves and worked together the only way you'd be able to find something hidden in that tech lab would be to physicaly bump into it, or be the one who hid it.

Better to make a S.E.P. field and be done with it.
(fuzzy memory, not exact quote, cookie for the refrence)
guy1: do you see anything over there?
guy2: nope
g1: that's because it's somebody elses problem
g2: good, lets get out of here
g1: no, it's a field making your brain think its Someone Elses Problem
g2: ok, not my problem lets go

and so on...

Player_Zero
2010-03-19, 08:02 PM
I think you'll find Douglas Adam's works quite popular. If you're going to learn to make obscure references then you should hush and Clopin will tell you. I mean, me. I'll do it.

Silly Wizard
2010-03-19, 08:17 PM
Hm, they're falling behind. Most people on these forums have probably already turned themselves and objects around them invisible. Those Germans should just drop three levels in wizard.

Ranger Mattos
2010-03-19, 08:52 PM
I was just reading about that in a book about the possibility of using physics to create phasers, death stars, teleportation, and time travel. And invisibility, of course.

AtomicKitKat
2010-03-19, 09:10 PM
I was just reading about that in a book about the possibility of using physics to create phasers, death stars, teleportation, and time travel. And invisibility, of course.

Michio Kaku?:smalltongue: