PDA

View Full Version : need monster suggestions

juggalotis
2010-03-19, 08:09 PM
i am running a game and my players are about hit an area that needs a monster that is focused solely on chaos/madness. i dont know what to use. challenge rating should be about 7-9

edit: i forgot mention i would prefer it to be humanoid or it kinda doesnt fit. so chaos beast no good. thanks

Private-Prinny
2010-03-19, 08:13 PM
You could use a demon. Maybe a Succubus who loves dismantling groups by turning them against each other? Succubi have CR 7, so you have room to scale it up a bit.

Shinizak
2010-03-19, 08:17 PM
Put the players in a series of small rooms, then place a gibbering mouther in the room with the special ability dimension door at will then re flavor it so that it's humanoid. Then during the battle have it follow this pattern:

Step 1: charge into the room
Step 2: attack player
Step 3: dimension door to another room
Step 4: repeat next round

The characters will probably be frothing on the ground do to the gibbering, but also the players will be cowering in fear due to the fact that they have no idea where this thing is going to come from next.

juggalotis
2010-03-19, 08:19 PM
succubus might mork if i tweak her around a bit. scenario is that unbeknownst to the pc's the person they are tracking down is a servant of Cyric (forgotten realms) so im trying to find a monster or a template to put over a humanoid to emphasize a completely broken mind.

Eldonauran
2010-03-19, 08:40 PM
Gelatinous Creature (Savage Species) can make the creature .... gooey. Turns it into an aberration as well so there are other nice templates you can add from there.

hobbitkniver
2010-03-19, 08:47 PM
Doppelganger? A mysterious seperation from friendly NPC's that leads to meeting them again with a deadly suprise. Sure hope your players don't read on this forum.

juggalotis
2010-03-19, 09:01 PM
no they dont read here. how about you guys give me an opinion on this as well. i couldnt find stats so i made a homebrewed chaos golem. i have 4 dice based charts one for form, weapon, power , weakness that get relolled ever few turns. opinion?

Tiki Snakes
2010-03-19, 09:07 PM
Couldn't give you much in the way of feedback on that, but if it's templates you are after, a quick scroll of the Crystal Keep stuff suggests that Voidmind (MM3, basically a normal humanoid who's had his brain entirely replaced by psionic goo, by mindflayers who essentially function as his puppet-master?) And Corrupted (Dragon 350, apparently. Seems to have the crunch on the Crystal keep pdf) where the creature is "creature tainted by magical pollution that results in them becoming hardy, infectious, & insane."

juggalotis
2010-03-19, 09:11 PM
a little fluff with voidmind will be great thanks

Silly Wizard
2010-03-19, 09:38 PM
Mix up some doppelgangers and enchanters of some sort; if you can get one player working alongside you, you could have him play a doppelganger impersonating his own character, then have his actual character dominated by the enchanter.

Volkov
2010-03-19, 09:48 PM
i am running a game and my players are about hit an area that needs a monster that is focused solely on chaos/madness. i dont know what to use. challenge rating should be about 7-9

edit: i forgot mention i would prefer it to be humanoid or it kinda doesnt fit. so chaos beast no good. thanks

Advanced Ekolid (Or is it Ekloid?) from the fiendish codex I. Or maybe an advanced Dradanu from the MMV.