PDA

View Full Version : Favorite weapon enhancements?

gallagher
2010-03-20, 02:55 PM
hey all,
so i am stuck at home over the next few days, got my wisdom teeth taken out. so i am probs going to be trolling these boards for a while and ultimately building my human half minotaur frenzied barbarian trip build. for those of you who have not seen it, here is the thread that has most of the discussion about it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145613). pardon my use of it as an instant messenger service, but i was bored in the library.

so anyway, to the point, i was wondering what everyones favorite weapon enhancements are? i will be using a scorpion chain with the whirling and brash enhancements, and have room for another. if it isnt in the dmg, could you please state where it is and what the enhancement does? thanks greatly

and if i at any time dont make sense, i got some extra strength vicodin (750 mg i think) so i am a little wonky. hope you guys understand. and thanks for the help!

Greenish
2010-03-20, 03:00 PM
Parrying (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm#parrying): 8000gp for +1 insight bonus to AC and saves, and you'll weapon will see into the future.

vampire2948
2010-03-20, 03:03 PM
My favourite weapon enhancements are the Transmuting and Morphing enhancements.

Transmuting changes the type of metal the weapon is made out of, to morph to beat the DR of whatever you just hit it with, if possible.

Morphing lets you change the weapon between, say, a greatsword and a glaive.

My artificier greatly enjoys the use of it. Really suits the adaptable role of the character in his party.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-20, 03:07 PM
collision from the SRD and the XPH, a +2, it gives you a +5 damage that multiplies with crits (keen collision falchion FTW!!!)

also I like the morphing weapon enchancement, I got ANY weapon I want whenever I want (MIC) couple it with metalline (change to be any kind of special metal), transmuting (automatically change to bypass any DR) to have the ultimate weapon. All in the MIC

Particualarly deadly on an warblade.

Greyfell
2010-03-20, 03:12 PM
Vicious, and Explosive (the later especially on reach weapons).

Nothing says "mindless killing machine" better then a man with a huge sword that hurts him as it SEVERELY hurts his opponents.

Also 'Warning' and 'Eager' together to make as sure as possible that you *always* win init. checks.

Octopus Jack
2010-03-20, 03:23 PM
I second vicious, it has to be my favorite enhancement ever!
(and no I am not a masochist)

deuxhero
2010-03-20, 03:25 PM
I like wounding, no save ability damage is always fun and gets quite potent on high HD/low con creatures.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-20, 03:41 PM
Poking around Crystal Keep a while ago I found Earthbound (no relation). If I read it right, it increases your effective enhancement bonus by 2 as long as you and your target are on the ground. For a +1 equivalent. Not that bad until everything starts flying.

deuxhero
2010-03-20, 03:42 PM
Or gets GMW (which is the same time, but it lasts longer)

The Blackbird
2010-03-20, 03:43 PM
Warning, it gives +5 initative.

It was funny a while ago because he let the bonuses stack so people would just duel wield these all the time for huge +10 intiatives.:smallbiggrin:

lsfreak
2010-03-20, 03:49 PM
A crit-based AoO build can have fun with Bodyfeeder. A similar PsyWarrior build could have a lot of fun with Mindfeeder.

Overall my favorite is probably Collision. Better than pretty much every other damage enhancement.

Discipline weapons from ToB. Basically a flat +3 attack bonus.

Wounding, though at higher levels is definitely loses its usefulness. Still, TWF wounding weapons can quickly chip into someone's hit points.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-20, 03:56 PM
An Energy Bow shooting Splitting Wounding force arrows is just tasty.

Vizzerdrix
2010-03-20, 03:57 PM
I like vampiric. deals an extra d6 and heals you that amount. Sure it isn't alot, but if you can find a solid way to get multiple attacks (high BAB, Flurry, etc) then you're set. Tack on wounding too for extra fun.

deuxhero
2010-03-20, 04:22 PM
Get a masterwork +1 vamparic needle and a dread necromancer for infinite healing without blowing a feat.

Soonerdj
2010-03-20, 04:25 PM
Perhaps Impaling if you want to go for consistency though I'm not sure if you can use activated weapons while enraged.

WeeFreeMen
2010-03-20, 10:39 PM
-Eager p.34 Free Draw, +2 Init, +2 damage on suprise round.
-Magebane p. 38 Gain an additional +2 Encht level vs. Casters (for the cost of a +1) and +2d6 damage
-Impedance p. 37 On a successful hit, targets casting is impeded

-Quick Loading p. 41 Holds 100 bolts in extradimensional space of any kind, allows you to choose which you reload with. Reloading Light cross bow = Free action, Heavy = Move

Plus the above mentioned tricks for Every weapon, Every damage type, and bypassing DR of any kind.

Splendor
2010-03-20, 11:36 PM
Bane (humans) +1

Mage Bane (arcane spell or arcane spell like abilities). +1 (Complete arcane)

Wrecker (ignore hardness). +1 (Dragon mag 315)

Merciful (+d6 damage, all subdual) +1 (DMG)

Warning (Grants uncanny dodge) +1 (magic of faerun)

Harmonizing (+6 perform, extends bardic music) +1 (Waterdeep)

Charging (+2d6 when mounted & charging) +1 (MIC)

Ghost Strike (Ghost touched, and can sneak attack & Crit undead with it) +1 (MIC)

As you can see my favorites are only +1 enchantments.

AslanCross
2010-03-20, 11:39 PM
Brutal Surge. Your attack gets a bull rush attempt, +2 if you're using a 2-handed weapon. It sends your enemy skidding back upon a successful attempt, but you don't have to move with your enemy. Limited uses per day, but it's pretty cool.

WeeFreeMen
2010-03-22, 04:33 PM
Vicious, and Explosive (the later especially on reach weapons).

Nothing says "mindless killing machine" better then a man with a huge sword that hurts him as it SEVERELY hurts his opponents.

Also 'Warning' and 'Eager' together to make as sure as possible that you *always* win init. checks.

I used this combo on my Frenzied Berserker all the time with Deathless Frenzy. Was hilarious.

Iban
2010-03-22, 04:40 PM
Vorpal :smalltongue:

While I virtually never hit with an attack, when I do I usually roll two 20s in a row :smallbiggrin:

Gametime
2010-03-22, 05:05 PM
Bane (humans) +1

Mage Bane (arcane spell or arcane spell like abilities). +1 (Complete arcane)

Wrecker (ignore hardness). +1 (Dragon mag 315)

Merciful (+d6 damage, all subdual) +1 (DMG)

Warning (Grants uncanny dodge) +1 (magic of faerun)

Harmonizing (+6 perform, extends bardic music) +1 (Waterdeep)

Charging (+2d6 when mounted & charging) +1 (MIC)

Ghost Strike (Ghost touched, and can sneak attack & Crit undead with it) +1 (MIC)

As you can see my favorites are only +1 enchantments.

Ghost Strike is really a +2 enchant, since it require Ghost Touch already on the weapon.

Force is pretty excellent for bows.

It's only available on one relic in the game, but Bane (everything) is lots of fun. :smallbiggrin: