PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CCIV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Rebonack
2010-03-20, 07:17 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavernAnimated.gif

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog, Manager: El Jaspero, Bartenders: Dyna, Phoebe, Ashna

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
White Russian/Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

horngeek
2010-03-20, 07:20 PM
Saber's still waiting for an answer from Dyna. :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2010-03-20, 07:25 PM
Dyna who just managed to fight her way free of dead time before getting clobbered by a veritable avalanche of stimuli!

Mostly all the zillions of conversations that went on whilst her player was away.

There was yelling.

And asking about Town (ALL CAPS!).

And some guy getting smote by a crystal skull.

And an extra Magtok without the weird metal bits.

The Far-maid rubs the back of her head awkwardly, trying to piece together everything as quickly as manageable. Thus far she isn't making too much headway. But that certainly won't stop her!

"Right... Umm.... Yeah... The Market Streets are a good place to check for people who need help?"

Lord Magtok
2010-03-20, 07:30 PM
Magtok watches the other-him leave, and wordlessly steps back into the Tavern, not wanting to explain his strange behavior to Margaret. Not unless she demands an explanation, anyhow.

horngeek
2010-03-20, 07:33 PM
Saber nods. All right. I'll go check there, then.

wxdruid
2010-03-20, 07:39 PM
Thecla 'ports back into the Tavern. She looks around once and goes over to sniff at Magtok's feet... (provided he's in the Tavern at the moment)

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 07:40 PM
Into Trog's swaggers Shanghai Killigrew, the pirate captain.

Creed
2010-03-20, 07:42 PM
Wulfen orders a round of drinks. Again

Rebonack
2010-03-20, 07:45 PM
Dyna watches Magtok watch Other Magtok leave.

And wrinkles her nose at him a bit.

Why?

Because that was all really weird.

Weird even for Magtok.

And that's saying quite a bit, frankly.

"What was that all about, anyway?" the Far-maid inquires. She waves one hand in a totally non-explanatory fashion to better indicate what she meant by 'all that'.

Which is to say that the question is just as vague as it would have been otherwise.

And then the pirate captain arrives just in time for free rounds!

Hazzah!

horngeek
2010-03-20, 07:46 PM
Saber leaves, for the market square!

Beans
2010-03-20, 07:47 PM
Wulfen orders a round of drinks. Again
Margaret's drink happens to be pineapple juice.
Because a) I love pineapple more than I love other human beings, and b) she's only 17 and drinky-drinky is not meant for her.

Lord Magtok
2010-03-20, 07:51 PM
It was a fresh, new version of me with all sorts of untapped potential and an interesting backstory to gradually explore.

Magtok gulps down some of his ale before continuing.

I'm just about the only clone not singing Frere Jaqcues right now. No way am I letting myself get run down by some airship or fall ill to CFS and then give some brash young upstart an opportunity to replace me. I'm too big to fail.

Beans
2010-03-20, 08:01 PM
Margaret nods at his last sentence. She seems to believe that he is indeed too big to fail.
I hate to think about how she'd react if he did.

Rebonack
2010-03-20, 08:15 PM
Dyna looks rather puzzled at that particular reply. Purses her lips, considering how best to respond. "Eerr... Well... Is there really that much of a problem with one of the clones deciding to be a bit more individual? I mean... You've managed to survive here at Trog's for the past several weeks haven't you? And didn't your link with the rest of the clones get toasted since you aren't singing? Doesn't that make you just as much of an oddity as that other guy was?"

Dun dun dun?

Hopefully this revelation won't make the MagClone flip the **** out.

Like the Weasel King!

*ahem*

"I think you should go for it! Do the impossible! See if you can't be a unique individual!"

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 08:16 PM
"Thank you." Shanghai flashes a grin at Wulfen and sits at the bar, enjoying her drink.

The Bushranger
2010-03-20, 08:18 PM
Arlem continues to fail in his job by being away from ACRO so often, letting this go unnoticed. And Cleo isn't around to stab the skull this time.

Ashna stops and thinks for a moment.
"Well, it was planned for . . . the day after tomorrow. We've just been busy with the dimensional thing, and the demons. Still, plenty of time."

"Day after tomorrow...gah! I'm so sorry..."
Brendan then realises deadtime has shifted time (and threads!) and Ashna's in deadtime now, so he cuts off his outburst, blinks, feels sheepish, and heads for the bar.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-20, 08:19 PM
(Drifter left a Donation Glass on the counter. You are free to donate there, if you wish. Or go to the site itself here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146036

There is currently a coin and a coin pouch in the glass.)

Lord Magtok
2010-03-20, 08:33 PM
Magtok blinks, and tries to sort things out in a way that won't hurt his brain or force him to have to kill himself.

No no, see, it's just my mind-control chip thing fried. I'm just as Magtok than the singers, they're just stuck at the moment. That other fellow, he's dangerously un-Magtok-ish, he's...well basically, he's a potential Mag 2.0, a replacement for me if I die, whose presence only make it more likely and possible for such a death to happen. A sort of upgrade or downgrade depending on what sort of person he is. Either option is a disaster for me.

And we've already had the individuality discussion before. Or rather, I had it with the person you replaced or are or whatever the case is. I'm not a person, I'm simply an idea. A concept, a hive mind, a sort of technological ghost or deity thing, transcending souls and flesh, a Lovecraftian sort of Thing That Exists And Yet, Does Not At The Same Time And Uses Excess Capitalization.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 08:44 PM
Warren, a guy in a white cloak with black and gray swirl patterns on it. Walks back into the bar with his hood pulled up. He goes over to an empty table and pulls out a deck of cards. He shuffles them and then puts them in the middle of the table.

Warren then takes a few gold out of his pouch where he keeps it and puts it in front of him.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 08:47 PM
The man at the bar who is wearing the cloack with the two tailed scorpion morphs into a black cat with red irises and pads over to the table that Warren is at. He sits down and watches the cards intensely

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 08:49 PM
Warren glances at the cat. " If your not going to play make room for someone that will. " He says to it.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 08:52 PM
The cat tries to take a card and looks up.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 08:53 PM
" Got anything to be? " Warren asks raising an eyebrow.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 08:55 PM
A pouch about the size of the cat that probably holds gold appears next to it.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:00 PM
Warren chuckles. " Alright then. " He says dealing two cards to each of them. " Name of the game is blackjack, know hot to play? "

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:01 PM
The cat nods.

Chas the mage
2010-03-20, 09:05 PM
The jumpsuit men enter.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:06 PM
" Okay lets start the betting at ten gold. " He says putting ten gold on the table in front of him. Then he looks at his two cards.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:08 PM
The cat shrugs and throws out ten gold as well. Then he looks at his two cards, which are standing up straight on the table facing him.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:12 PM
It has two aces.

Warren takes a card and shows it facing up. Its a three.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:13 PM
((Why is Warren showing the card face up? Is this some weird thing I don't know about?))

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:14 PM
Only the first two cards are hidden the rest are shown to everybody.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:15 PM
((oh.That's not how I learned it. So the 3 is warren's card right?))

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:16 PM
Yes it is.

Chas the mage
2010-03-20, 09:16 PM
An Imperial soldiers limps in, wounded. He appears quite dirty with a void expression on his face.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:20 PM
George notices the imperial soldier, not caring. Its the wrong type of soldier for him to care.

The cat taps the table once.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:24 PM
Warren hands him another card showing it face up. Its a king. Warren calls it.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:26 PM
the king is the cat's right? And by call Warren is like folding right? sorry haven't played in a while.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:28 PM
Yes, the king is the cats and Warren is calling it by showing all his cards and not going any higher or lower.

Chas the mage
2010-03-20, 09:29 PM
He makes his way over to the bar...

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:30 PM
((face cards are worth 10 right? and aces can be 1 or 11?))

The cat calls as well.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:32 PM
Warren has 16, two threes and ten. And yes to both.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:36 PM
The cat shows his cards and pushes the gold over to Warren with his paws.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 09:36 PM
Shanghai watches Warren and the cat playing.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:38 PM
Warren smiles and takes the cards and gold. He glances at Shangai. " Want to join? " Warren starts to reshuffle the deck.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 09:46 PM
"Sure." Shanghai heads to their table and sets her rum down. "Let's see if fortune is with me tonight." She grins.

Chas the mage
2010-03-20, 09:48 PM
The wounded imperial starts toying with his radio.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:51 PM
" Should we up the anny? Say 15 gold? " He says dealing two cards to each player.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 09:52 PM
The cat morphs into a dragon the size of a small dog and throws out 15 gold.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 09:58 PM
Cultist gets a five and six.

Shangai gets a ten and seven.

Warren looks at his cards and taps the table and deals himself a nine.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 10:01 PM
This isn't cultist. Cultist is played by Earl of Purple. The small dragon taps a claw against the table once.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 10:02 PM
The dragon thing is dealt a nine.

And sorry, I was thinking wrong.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 10:03 PM
The dragon of awesome calls.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 10:11 PM
" Should we up the anny? Say 15 gold? " He says dealing two cards to each player.

Shanghai puts 15 gold on the table.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 10:15 PM
" You good or you want another card? " Warren asks Shangai.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 10:21 PM
"I think I'm good."

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 10:25 PM
The cards are reviled. Warren has two sixes and the nine. 21

Dragon guy has. Five, Six, and a nine. 20

Shangai has ten and seven. 17

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 10:26 PM
The dragon decides to raise the bar and throws a platinum into the betting area.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 10:33 PM
" That's a hefty sum there, how much is that in gold anyways? " Warren says seeing if he has enough to match it.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 10:39 PM
" 'bout a hundred." The dragon answers, shrugging.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 10:40 PM
"A hundred? Bull. Platinum pieces're worth 10 gold ones."

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 10:43 PM
The small dragon would try to walk over and sink his teeth into that persons arm, but that person hasn't done anything else wrong. So he just sighs.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 10:47 PM
Warren looks between them. " Okay how about we split it and we put in 50 gold each. " He says putting the a pouch onto the table.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 10:50 PM
The dragon takes back his platinum piece and throws in 50 gold pieces.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 10:56 PM
Shanghai puts in 50 pieces, and watches Warren shuffling to make sure he's not cheating.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 11:00 PM
Well if he is cheating it looks like he's doing a pretty good job of it. Until he deals. Because Shangai ends up with a king and an ace. Oh and the dragon thingy ends up with a queen and jack. Warren frowns at his cards and taps and draws getting a two.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 11:09 PM
Shanghai calls.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 11:11 PM
The dragon taps a claw on the table.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 11:11 PM
Warren reveals to show a two, four, and eight.

He keeps a straight face as he looks between the dragon and the pirate from under his glasses.

Warren deals him a three. Bust for the dragon. 14 for warren and blackjack for Shangai.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 11:14 PM
Shanghai gives the others a grin as she collects her winnings. "Bad luck, upping the ante like that."

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 11:17 PM
" Ahh, looks like my luck has run out. " Warren says and sighs shaking his head. He glances over at Shangai and winks.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-20, 11:24 PM
"Meh. I have no need for money anyway." The dragon says, morphing into a black fox.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 11:26 PM
Shanghai nods. "Looks like it," she agrees. She leans back in her chair. "So does that mean we aren't playing any more hands?"

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 11:29 PM
He shrugs his shoulders. " Well I'm getting a little short on cash... So if you have anything else you might want to wager... " Warren says leaning back. Him being short on cash may or may not be a lie.

Recaiden
2010-03-20, 11:31 PM
"Day after tomorrow...gah! I'm so sorry..."
Brendan then realises deadtime has shifted time (and threads!) and Ashna's in deadtime now, so he cuts off his outburst, blinks, feels sheepish, and heads for the bar.

Ashna steps up to follow him there, and goes aronud to the other side of the bar to at least play at doing her job.
"That's alright. It's not like I've really remembered about it any better."

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-20, 11:54 PM
He shrugs his shoulders. " Well I'm getting a little short on cash... So if you have anything else you might want to wager... " Warren says leaning back. Him being short on cash may or may not be a lie.

"Oh? Like what?"

A cloaked figure enters the tavern and looks around.

ApeofLight
2010-03-20, 11:56 PM
Warren grins. " Well that depends, what's your name? " He's leaning back in his chair the chair lifting slightly off its two front legs.

Recaiden
2010-03-20, 11:57 PM
Ashna nods to the cloaked figure.

"Welcome to Trog's Tavern. Could I get you anything?"

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 12:23 AM
"Shanghai Killigrew. I'm a pirate captain. And your name?"

"No, thank you. I'm just looking for some people to do a little job for me."

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 12:25 AM
"Then perhaps I could be of use in the job, or in locating people to do it for you."

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 12:32 AM
" Warren Capello. Mostly former thieve. " He says with a grin. Warren picks up the deck of cards and starts to shuffle them.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 12:47 AM
"Good to meet you, Warren. So to get back to what you were saying about a wager..."

The cloaked figure turns toward the table where the thief and the pirate are playing cards. "No, I think I can manage by myself." He goes over to the table and seats himself. "Would any of you be interested in a job?"

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 12:49 AM
"Just as well. We'll be busy. If you don't mind answering, would you just happen to know anyone named Maralah?" she asks offhandedly.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 12:50 AM
The figure turns back to Ashna. "That's a very unusual name. What makes you think I would know a Maralah?"

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 12:52 AM
" Well, my coin pouch is light and I don't have many valuables except for maybe the clothes on my back or my time. So maybe... " And then the man interrupts them.

Warren sighs. " What kind of job and how much? " He says wanting to get right down to business. Since its about a possibly profitable job Warren is only slightly irritated.

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 12:55 AM
"Well, it's so unusual, you'd most likely remember it if you did know her, and know just which Maralah I meant. Plus, you seem a little bit familiar."
That's because you deal with Mysterious Cloaked Figures all the time at home, Ashna.

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 01:01 AM
The imperial soldier is at the bar, drinking, and bleeding on the floor.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 01:05 AM
"I've never been introduced to anyone named Maralah. I'm afraid I can't help you."

The figure turns back to Warren and Shanghai. "I need a group of people to go out and bring back a group of other people - safely, and in good health - to me here. You will be well-compensated. I won't speak of more details in a public place; you never know who might be listening."

"Perhaps we should discuss it further in a room upstairs?" Shanghai suggests.

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 01:07 AM
"That's evasive language, I'm told. We think you're lying to us."
A bit of cold fire edges up over the counter.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 01:08 AM
Warren nods. " I'm interested. " He then turns to Shangai and nods in the affirmative.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 01:18 AM
"It's true. I have never met anyone who told me their name was Maralah. If you're looking for a specific person, maybe you could describe her. I might have seen her somewhere." The figure shrugs, then turns back to Warren and Shanghai. "That would be suitably private, but just you two will not be enough. I will need at least five."

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 01:22 AM
"Okay. When you see her again, please tell her I'd like my gun back, as soon as is...feasible?"
"Is that really a word?"
"Okay, some of us had real concerns, like oh, 'not-starving-to-death!'"
"Yeah, well you have a while to wait. Shorter than normal, especially as I'll still be training, but until then and for a long while after...well, you know."
"Okay?"
"Okay."

As might be guessed, she's no longer paying attention to the cloaked man.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 01:23 AM
He glances around at all the people in the bar. " Well... whoever you are, you could give us the details now or you could wait to pull the full group together. Either way I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the full five you wanted right away. "

Warren then looks at Shangai. " If you want to continue our game we could always move it to somewhere more private. " He suggests to the pirate captain.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 01:26 AM
The black fox morphs into a large black bird with a maroon beak.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 01:39 AM
The cloaked figure looks at the dragon/fox/bird/thing. "From your silence on the matter, I'll assume you are not interested."

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 01:41 AM
"You assume correctly." The bird replies.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 01:44 AM
Warren shoots the cards from one hand into the other all cool like, like high end casino dealers or magicians. " So Shangai, want to see how long your luck can keep up? " Warren asks her with a slightly raised eyebrow.

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 01:50 AM
Blood continues to drip down the imperials armor as he sits.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 02:03 AM
"Sure. You want in, stranger?"

"No, thank you."

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 02:06 AM
" What shall we be betting? And shall we be doing it here or...? " He leaves the ending open if she has any suggestions.

((Sleepy...Need...Deadtime))

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 02:18 AM
((Ditto. Will respond properly tomorrow))

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-21, 09:10 AM
If Katoria has her drink, she'll take a sip from it. If not, she'll reorder. She ordered a Wizard Blizzard.

Morty
2010-03-21, 09:28 AM
Wenomir is still around, having nothing better to do until he recieves some news about the hunt for Maelstrus or the case of elemental monks.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 09:30 AM
For the lulz of it, a plot clone of Richard walks back into the Tavern, sits down and orders an ale.

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 09:34 AM
The next drink that Wenomir orders may have a sleeping potion slipped into it. >.>

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 09:34 AM
A single creation walks into the tavern and takes a seat in the corner. The tavern has to remain under constant surveillance, it's such a valuable source of information for the Professor.

Oh and Hawk pops into the tavern, glares at Richard, then hops over the bar and starts fixing himself a drink, ignoring Cosmo's protests.

Morty
2010-03-21, 09:37 AM
After drinking some apple juice - immunity to alcohol makes drinking it pointless and the dwarven whiskey is too expensive - Wenomir feels a bit dizzy. Not very much, but enough to recognize that something is wrong here. He checks to make sure he wasn't given some really strong alcohol, but no. Hm. He puts the glass down, blinking.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 09:43 AM
Richard ignores the dude from the circus. And drinks his ale.

Morty
2010-03-21, 09:46 AM
Wenomir refrains from ordering more drinks and sits down heavily on a barstool, not feeling very well.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 09:48 AM
Hawk finishes fixing his drink, flicks a coin over to Cosmo, and vaults back over the bar. He walks ove to Richard's table and sits down, "I believe you owe me an apology."

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 09:51 AM
Richard takes a long drink.

For trying to shot you after you threw a knife at me?

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 09:54 AM
"Hmmph. You thought I was actually trying to hit you with that knife? You insulted my skill with knives and didn't expect me to be at all annoyed by that? That knife was a demonstration. If I'd wanted tohit you with it, it would've gone staight into your neck."

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 09:57 AM
That or you would have missed. And I insulted your skills because you insulted me. I've been killing people for money for 2500 years. I am no amateur.

Hawk can probably hear a loud CLACK sound as Richards revolver is readied, still in it's holster.

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 10:05 AM
While Wenomir is dizzy, a woman sits down on the stool next to him. "Are you okay?"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 10:07 AM
"Of course not, that became quite clear when you deided to completely wreck the place. You should talk to Cosmo, I hear he's got a nice big bill for the damages with your name on it" Hawk doesn't even blink at the sound of the gun being readied, instead simply taking a sip from his drink and smiling at Richard. "If you've beenkilling people for so long, then I'm sure you have enough money to pay him."

Morty
2010-03-21, 10:11 AM
Wenomir squints at the woman. Yes, just a bit dizzy. I'm not sure why. Why do you ask?

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 10:13 AM
"The way you sat down, like if you hadn't sat, you would have fallen," she says. "I'm Rosa, by the way."

Morty
2010-03-21, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't have, Wenomir sat sternly. I suspect someone must have put something in my drink. And I'm Wenomir, nice to meet you.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 10:18 AM
I already paid that bill. And the ones for the next three times that I was involved in massive destruction here. And I've paid for 7 more after that. So either you can back the hells up, or I can use one of those pre-paid times to blast you into oblivion.

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 10:20 AM
"That's not good. Do you have any idea who might have done it?" Rosa asks.

Morty
2010-03-21, 10:24 AM
Not really, Wenomir says. Technically true - he doesn't know who sent the demon. Besides, he's not going to tell a random person everything. I suppose there are a few people who have a grudge with me.

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 10:33 AM
"Hmm... it's enough to make me want to go elsewhere for my drinks. If it's the staff, or some prankster..." She glances over at Richard, who is currently bragging about his intentions of blowing up the bar.

Several NPCs have decided to skedaddle upon hearing Richard, and Cosmo comes over and glares at him. "Civil liability DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! You don't get a free pass to blow this place up whenever you feel like it. Now get out, before you scare away the rest of my customers!" :smallfurious:

Morty
2010-03-21, 10:35 AM
Oh, I doubt it's the staff. And I've never heard of anything like this happening before. Wenomir sighs. I'd help throw this guy out, but right now, I think I'll leave it to the staff.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 10:36 AM
What do you mean Cosmo? I'm not going to blow anything up. Just shoot this guy in the head.

...gun...not explosive "Blast you into oblivion" As In "I"m going to shoot you."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 10:37 AM
"See? Being trigger-happy really isn't a good idea aroun here." Hawk chuckles and takes out a knife, which he starts twirling aroud his fingers. "You don't want to do that sort of thing in here."

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 10:39 AM
Richard shrugs.

They didn't seem to mind me being trigger happy when the beetles showed up. And whatever it was that attacked the tavern before that, and after that.

Richard pulls out his gun and sets it on the table and spins it.

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 10:40 AM
"I don't care what you meant. You're scaring the customers. Get out." Cosmo says. :smallmad:

He shouldn't use the words 'massive destruction', 'blast' and 'oblivion' in the same paragraph if he doesn't mean to scare the customers away. You'd think being as old as he is, he'd have learned that by now.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 10:42 AM
"The gnome told you to get out, sir. What, you gonna attack him to once you've finished me off?"

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 10:44 AM
Richard sighs.

Whatever Cosmo.

He stands up and walks out. after putting his gun away.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 10:46 AM
"And good ridance, you bastard." Hawk chuckles and finishes his drink, then takes out a few knives and starts juggling them. He smiles at Cosmo, "Nicely done, nicely done."

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 10:46 AM
"And don't come back until you can learn not to act like a gazebo-lovin psycopath," Cosmo yells after him.

"Anyone else planning on blowing the place up?" Cosmo says, glaring around at everyone. "If so, you can get lost too."

Rosa chuckles softly towards Wenomir. "Well, I was about to leave, but if I do now, it'll look like a confession that I'm a mad bomber."

Morty
2010-03-21, 10:50 AM
Wenomir smirks. I suppose it would. Good job, sir, he says to Cosmo. Running a bar in a place so full of power-drunk nutcases is no easy task.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 10:53 AM
lame. Richard was just trying to have a peaceful drink and some mook comes up and starts trouble. And then Richard is the one to get thrown out.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 10:55 AM
Life isn't always fair. And Hawk wasn't the on scaring people away...

Hawk grins and, once again completely ignoring Cosmo, hops over the bar and starts making another drink for himself.

Well, at least he always pays!

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 10:58 AM
Oooh, big mistake, Hawk. "Oy! You! Don't think I'm going to stand for that. You can hit the streets too!" :smallmad:

Oh dear. Seems Cosmo is in a baaaad mood today.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 11:01 AM
"Yeah, that ain't gonna happen, Cosmo. We all have our little quirks. I happen to prefer making my own drinks." He flicks a couple of coins in Cosmo's direction and hops back over the bar with his drink. "At least I'm not threatening to shoot anyone."

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 11:08 AM
"If you want to make your own drinks, then buy your own damn bar. Out. Now." :smallmad:

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 11:11 AM
lol, just cause Cosmo is in a rotten mood.

With an almighty crash the front door of the tavern is blasted in by a 8 foot tall bronze skinned blond haired barbarian. And his 7 buddies.

ALE!!!! NOW!!!!

Gnrlshrimp
2010-03-21, 11:15 AM
"Hey, I always pay! I don't get in anyone's way, or anything" Hawk takes a sip from his drink and smiles at Cosmo, "So no, I'm not leaving."

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 11:38 AM
"Oh, that's it... I'm getting the crowbar!" :smallfurious:

Cosmo stomps behind the bar and starts rummaging around, when the clock (that has totally been over the fireplace all along, honest) chimes the hour.

Cosmo looks up with a look of radiant happiness on his face. He takes off his apron and tosses it onto the bar, and pausing only long enough to empty the tip jar, disappears into the kitchen and out the back door.

Shift's over!

Rosa takes the entrance of the barbarians as a good reason to leave.

((deadtime for me))

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 11:40 AM
The Barbarians all sit at a able and begin to loudly boast and yell insults at each other. An namless NPC delivers them a round of ale and since it's a male, they are thrown back behind the bar.

TALES SHALL BE TOLD NAO!!!!

Earl of Purple
2010-03-21, 12:18 PM
The masked and hooded figure, hearing the barbarian's asking for tales, stands up and approaches. "A long time ago, when the Gods created the world, they made the Humanoid races, the animals of the land, the fish of the sea, the birds of the air and all the plants. Unfortunately, they left something out. The Almighty Gods forgot to add the insects, arachnids, molluscs and all the other seemingly-insignificant minibeasts. Eventually, the Gods realised something was wrong. The animals, fish and birds were starving, whilst the plants weren't spreading across the land. It was then the God Dalachrech appeared. He knew what was wrong, and persuaded the other gods to help him create the invertebrates, and after a while, everything went as it should be. It is only due to Dalachrech that we mortal humanoids are still alive. Without him, the plants would be unable to produce seeds and so spread, the birds would have nothing to eat without insects enabling plants to produce seeds, the animals would have nothing to eat without plants spreading, fish would have no food either, and humanoids, in turn, would have nothing to eat and starve." The figure is quite short, and it sounds to be female, with possibly a slight Elvish accent.

((And now, for something completely different: DEADTIME))

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 12:34 PM
The Barbarians listen and then roar their approval of the tale.

MOAR TALES, BUT WITH LESS RELIGIOUS SUBTEXT! FROM ANYONE! NAO!!!!

The Bushranger
2010-03-21, 01:13 PM
"Okay. When you see her again, please tell her I'd like my gun back, as soon as is...feasible?"
"Is that really a word?"
"Okay, some of us had real concerns, like oh, 'not-starving-to-death!'"
"Yeah, well you have a while to wait. Shorter than normal, especially as I'll still be training, but until then and for a long while after...well, you know."
"Okay?"
"Okay."

As might be guessed, she's no longer paying attention to the cloaked man.

Brendan, having looked between Ashna and the Mysterious Cloaked Figure as they talked, and not liking the vibes he got off the strange man either...looks curiously as Ashna...has a conversation with herself?

"...you know, it's not that bad to talk to yourself, at least until you start answering yourself."
He figures it's the fire, of course, but he really can't resist. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 01:17 PM
"Well, it would be rude not to answer."
Flashes of agreement from the flames.

The Bushranger
2010-03-21, 01:20 PM
"I suppose you're right, love." Brendan chuckles. "But it had to be said. Any chance I could get a llamaade while we figure out where your friend got to?"

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 01:22 PM
"Which friend? I haven't even been looking for any friends recently."
She steps away and starts preparing the llamanade.

The Bushranger
2010-03-21, 01:28 PM
"...un-friend, then," Brendan corrects himself. "Fiend? Whoever it is who's got your gun."

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 01:29 PM
"Pathetic waste of time and energy? That guy in the cloak is hiding her from us. I've just asked for a replacement."
A llamanade is passed over the counter.

The Bushranger
2010-03-21, 01:37 PM
"How about 'waste of oxygen'?" Brendan accepts the drink, and tries to give Ashna's hand a squeeze while he has the chance. "You mean Mr. Creepy over there? I don't like him."

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 01:41 PM
"Oxygen isn't normally so important as the other two. But yes, she's a waste of that as well."
She smiles and squeezes his hand in return.
"Mhm! We don't mind him so much, but still. He's our enemy."

The Bushranger
2010-03-21, 01:45 PM
"Well, then, I suppose we need to plan on how to wring the truth out of him then."
Brendan smiles back happily, then sips his drink.

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 01:47 PM
"No need, really. She'll show up again."
Ashna laughs, in a slightly villainous fashion.

The Bushranger
2010-03-21, 01:52 PM
:smalleek:

"...I guess...and your villian's laugh is better than mine."
Brendan grins, and settles in to sip his drink and wait for the return of Annie Ms. Waste of Oxygen with her gun!

Recaiden
2010-03-21, 01:55 PM
"Don't worry. You just need some practice."
She gives a real evil laugh to demonstrate.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 01:59 PM
Eternal Drifter rushes into the tavern, shutting the door behind him.

His gear clanks a little from his speed, and he seems to be breathing faster than normal.

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 02:14 PM
Dyna comes down from the second floor, busy tieing her apron on as she walks. Looks like it's time for her shift! Hooray! She casts a rather cheerful glance at Drifter as he's blown inside by the winds of fate and fancy.

"Good afternoon! Welcome to Trog's! Can I get you anything?" she inquires in her usual overly enthusiastic tone. "You look a little winded, by the way. Did you run into one of those roaming bands of dire skeleton wombats? I've heard that they've been making trouble again."

...again?

Regardless of answer she heads behind the counter and starts cleaning the thing off with a rag. Especially all that drool that people leave behind when they fall asleep at the bar.

Gross!

"Sammich bar is open!" Dyna announces to the tavern at large. "Order away!"

horngeek
2010-03-21, 02:18 PM
A man who looks in his... early twenties, with white hair and a wolf's tail, looks at Dyna. Well, pretty lady, I'd like a ham and cheese sandwich.

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 02:20 PM
The imperial soldier is at the bar, drinking. There's blood running down his armor, dripping on the floor. He probably hasn't noticed it, though.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 02:23 PM
"I just came from Inside," Drifter says. "I was trying to obtain some donations for the new Town library, and no one donated before my Mage Armor wore off. The reason I cast it in the first place is that there was an arial battle overhead, with a high likelyhood of pieces being blasted off and falling to the ground."

"Please, get me a glass of water, please. I didn't realize my Mage Armor ran out THAT fast, forcing me to run here."

Drifter walks over to the bar, taking a seat next to the Library Donation glass.

"Sandwhiches? I'll have a ham and cheese, please." He takes out a gold piece and places it on the counter.

Morty
2010-03-21, 02:29 PM
Wenomir is still in Trog's, his dizziness slowly fading away. He looks at the imperial soldier. I think you ought to clean yourself up before you're thrown out for making a mess.

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 02:32 PM
"Hmmm?" he says, confused. "Do I have mud on my boots or something?" he asks. The soldier is quite a filthy mess, the blood being probably the most unsanitary.

Morty
2010-03-21, 02:33 PM
Wenomir sighs. Your armor is dripping with blood, genius. If his old drill sergeant was this...

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 02:38 PM
The Table of 8 seven foot plus Barbarians all start to clamber now that there is a pretty bar maid.

MOAR ALE! AND FOOD AS WELL! AND WE DEMAND TALES!

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 02:38 PM
The imperial soldier is at the bar, drinking. There's blood running down his armor, dripping on the floor. He probably hasn't noticed it, though.

As Drifter waits for his drink and meal, he looks around and nods to Wenomir, a silent way of saying hello.

And then he notices the man with blood running down his armor.

"Sir! Are you wounded? Do you want some healing?"

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 02:41 PM
after a few seconds of craning his neck, he spots the blood. He dabs his finger in the blood, and then tastes it. After a few seconds, he gets an odd expression on his face, "That's definitely mine" and then proceeds to drink some gin, to get the flavour of the blood from his mouth. "I can tend to myself," he says. In other obvious news, the man has a thick Imperial accent.

Darkcomet
2010-03-21, 02:43 PM
((Just so people know, my Empire/Imperials and Chas' are not one and the same. Just wanted to make sure no one got confused. <.<))

Morty
2010-03-21, 02:45 PM
Suit yourself, then. Wenomir shrugs. This was now officially not his problem. He has no idea what does "imperial accent" mean, so he doesn't recognize it.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 02:50 PM
"You can tend to yourself?" Drifter inquires. "For your sake, I hope you know what you are doing."

Drifter spots the coin pouch in the Donation Glass, and reaches over for it, when the large barbarians start calling for food, drink, and stories.

Startled by the large voices, he accedentally knocks the glass over, sending the coin he put in there the other day rolling onto the floor.

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 02:52 PM
((To further that, confusing the two could potentially be fatal.))

"Don't worry," the Imperial says. He pulls out a first aid kid from a compartment in his armor. He opens that up and removes a pair of tweezers from it. He then extracts sharp pieces of shrapnel from his arm, leg, and side with the tweezers. "Barbarians" he mutters contemptfully at the barbarians.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 02:57 PM
Some how the Barbarians here the snide comment directed at them, but they don't get that it's an insult.

YES! WE ARE THE WARRIORS OF MAGNAR! AND WE DEMAND MOAR ALE, AND TALES!!!

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 03:00 PM
Some how the Barbarians here the snide comment directed at them, but they don't get that it's an insult.

YES! WE ARE THE WARRIORS OF MAGNAR! AND WE DEMAND MOAR ALE, AND TALES!!!

Drifter glances at the Barbarians worriedly, and pulls out his spellbook.

"A tale... a story... something... something... and where's my order?"

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 03:02 PM
"Case in point" He says, and takes a sip of his gin. after he pulls out another piece of shrapnel, he looks over to them. "I could tell you a tale"

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 03:03 PM
YES! A TALE OR A STORY!!!!

And an NPC waitress walks up with Drifter's food. And sets it in front of him.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 03:09 PM
Drifter mutters "Thanks," and flicks the gold coin he placed on the counter toward her.

Drifter is continuing to turn pages of his spellbook, but no matter how many pages he turns, the book always seems to have more pages.

"I've got a little time..."

Then he spots the monkey.

To be precise, the spell "Monkey Illusion" in his spellbook.

He starts to read more, when about ten or so pages turn by themselves.

"At least I have an idea for a story... and perhaps I can get some donations from them..."

He removes the coin pouch from the glass and sets the glass back upright, reattaching the paper that fell off from it.

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 03:10 PM
Rebo apologizes for the untimely absence.

*ahem*

Dyna is busy filling orders!

And lots of them, too!

Plenty of ham sammiches, drinks, and... tales apparently?

"If you want some story time I would suggest finding one of the story tellers out in the Market Streets," Dyna replies in a rather deadpan tone. Though she does certainly provide the drinks!

Though at the mention of a libary...

"Have you tried Abrajin's Library? It's not too far down the street from here, honestly. It's a little weird, but I can guarantee that you can find a book on any subject if you're willing to look hard enough."

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 03:12 PM
WE DEMAND TALES BE TOLD WHILE WE FEAST AND DRINK! THAT IS THE PROPER WAY IF THINGS!!!

...lol...barbarians.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 03:13 PM
Warren is still here waiting for the reply from Shangai. He's showing off a bit shooting the deck from one hand to the other and then back as he waits.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 03:14 PM
"Your mum demands tails." A small black cat says to the barbarians.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 03:16 PM
WHY WOULD OUR MOTHER DEMAND TALES? SHE IS A TELLER OF TALES! AND SHE IS VERY SKILLED!!! NOW EITHER TELL TALES, OR FIND ONE WHO WILL!!!!!

...lol...

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 03:16 PM
...Though at the mention of a libary...

"Have you tried Abrajin's Library? It's not too far down the street from here, honestly. It's a little weird, but I can guarantee that you can find a book on any subject if you're willing to look hard enough."

"A Library? In Town?" Drifter asks.

"Last I scryed on Town about libraries, the library was abandoned for a year."

(Here's the previous Library thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102655)

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 03:18 PM
((This is a war story, maybe a tad graphic))

"Aye then, a story I shall tell." He tells the story, picking out bits and pieces with the tweezers all the while. "My squad an I where out on an assignment in the Spice Isles, a few years back... we where in the mountains that day, I watched Lemon turn sideways. He laughed and said something to Ulysses. Then he took a funny half step, moving from shade into bright sunlight, and the booby-trapped artillery round blew him into a tree. The parts were just hanging there, so Jupiter and I were ordered to shinny up and peel him off. I remember the white bone of an arm. I remember pieces of skin and something wet and yellow. The gore was horrible, and stays with me. But what wakes me up years later is Jupiter singing 'Lemon Tree' as we threw down the parts."

((I must deadtime.))

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 03:18 PM
" What shall we be betting? And shall we be doing it here or...? " He leaves the ending open if she has any suggestions.

"Here is fine. Ugh. I wish those barbarians would shut up."

"As for betting, I still have money. What do you have to offer?"

happyturtle
2010-03-21, 03:19 PM
Baby, the dwarven barbarian who thinks she's an orc, stands up on a chair to tell a tale.

"Grumush and dwarf god fight over Baby. Dwarf god steal Baby, make Baby born in dwarf body. But Grumush tricky. Grumush know dwarves not like water and send flood. All real dwarves drown, but Baby not drown. Baby get washed away until Daddy finds Baby. Daddy not god, so no can make Baby look like orc. But Daddy make Baby good orc in everything else. One day, if Baby fight good enough, Grumush will give Baby orc body."

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 03:20 PM
"STOP SHOUTING!" The cat yells.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 03:20 PM
THAT WAS A GOOD TALE OF WAR! WE DEMAND MORE LIKE IT!

Crazy freakin barbarians. And they aren't yelling, that's just how loud they talk.

AN ALE FOR THE STORY TELLER!!!!

AND THE DAWF/ORC'S STORY IS ALSO GOOD! ALE FOR THE DWARF/ORC! DRINK WITH US TINY RACILY CONFUSED PERSON!!!!

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 03:21 PM
He chuckles. " Well if you wait for them to get drunk enough you could easily take any money or valuables they have. " Warren starts to shuffle the deck of cards.

" Well I still have a few gold left but not much. So you could try taking the last of it or perhaps my valuables or even my time. "

Morty
2010-03-21, 03:22 PM
Wenomir rolls his eyes. How about I tell you about that one time I was stranded with two dozen other soldiers in the middle of a hobgoblin territory? At least that'll refrain them from damaging anything.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 03:25 PM
"STOP SHOUTING OR ILL HURT YOU! YOUR HURTING MY TINY EARS!" The cat yells at the barbarians.

horngeek
Long Tooth grins, looking at Dyna.

XtheYeti
YES! MORE TALES OF BATTLE AND DEATH! THESE ARE GOOD TALES TO DRINK TO!!! WE ARE NOT SHOUTING SMALL KITTEN! WE ARE SIMPLY SPEAKING!

Seriously. They talk like this.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 03:28 PM
"True enough. Especially if I encourage them a bit." She smirks and stretches, arching her back to show off her body. "What sort of valuables?"

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 03:29 PM
Drifter looks at Dyna.

"Miss, considering their taste in tales, it may be wise to get them out before the tales motivate them to... well, destroy. I've got a sleep spell ready if we need it. Do you want me to act?"

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 03:30 PM
...seriously? They haven't even smashed anything yet! They're just loud. Am I really going to get two sets of characters thrown out in one day? lol

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 03:31 PM
" Well my clothes are of a fine make, I have a simple dagger and my glasses, but what use would you have for my glasses and dagger? " Warren says glancing at Shangai's body as she shows it off.

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 03:32 PM
"Nah, let them be. They aren't causing any real trouble yet."

The yelling barbarians are given a rather disapproving look by Dyna. They would do well to cease talking in ALLCAPS. Anyway... she clears her throat and turns her attention back to the fellow who has apparently been scrying on the Nexus for a while. Already her demeanor is once more cheerful and bouncy.

"As far as I know there have been four libraries in the Nexus. The first one was blown up by this werewolf named Lykan. The second one is run by this really weird old guy named Abrajin. The third is a pretty normal library and the fourth, the one you probably scryed on, was more of a social club. It had a swimming pool and stuff, really weird."

She takes a swig of the ale she's got sitting on the counter.

"The thing you need to keep in mind about the Nexus is that it's a place that's in a constant state of flux. Nothing around here stays the same for very long. And as soon as something begins to stagnate it'll probably be gone in a few weeks or months."

Morty
2010-03-21, 03:33 PM
Wenomir shrugs. Well, I was marching across a plain with a two dozen other soldiers. We were separated from the rest of our forces and low on provisions. Then the hobgoblins attacked us from all sides. There were about a dozen of them, but each was mounted on a huge wolf. You haven't seen anything until you've seen a hobgoblin charging towards you on a war wolf, shooting arrows all the while. We formed a shield wall and hoped for the best. We managed to hold them off, killing six of them and fall back. More than a half of us died, but the hobgoblins seemed to have lost their couarge when I killed their leader. Killing a mounted warrior with a sword when on foot was no easy thing to do.

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 03:36 PM
...hmmm...yeah no more all caps. they're still talking just as loud though.

We have faced mounted hobgoblin, and their war wolves! They are indeed a dangerous foe! We commend you on your skill to survive the attack! An ale for the brave warrior!!! He tells good tales!!!

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 03:39 PM
"A constant state of flux, you say? So things appear, and then eventually disapear?"

Drifter points out the window next to the front door leading to the street. Across the street, directly across from Trog's, is a lot with around 150 people milling around and a large sign. The large sign says:

"COMING SOON: ETERNAL LIBRARY
Help bring back TOWN from the brink! Only with your donations is this possible! Help us reach the goal of 10,000gp!"

"I intend to reverse the state Town is in now, which is deteriating. The first step is to build that library, which, I intend, will be eternal. So, the flux will not effect it much. But I cannot do much without gold to purchase those supplies to build the library. So, would you care to make a donation?"

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 03:48 PM
That comment causes Dyna to quirk her head off to the side a bit. And wrinkle her nose, too!

"Town deteriorating...?" she sounds positively baffled by that comment. "I'm not sure I understand. Town was simply a name that got thrown together for the City that sprung up around the Nexus, the planar crossroads that seems to do such a good job of keeping everything around here nice and strange. Originally the only building that was here was this big area where people of great power did combat. Then restaurants and temples started cropping up."

She makes 'poof!' sort of motions with her arms.

"Some of the places stuck, like this one. Others faded away. Eventually a storm of horrible forum lag tore the community in half. It was pretty bad. Eventually it settled down and many returned, but by that time the Nexus itself had splintered. Some of the worlds that touch it now are inaccessible to each other. Others you can still get to from the City, but they're distinct."

Dyna slowly shakes her head now.

"Town hasn't degraded. Not in the least. It has evolved. Changed. Just like everything does around here. Many of the old locations can still be found Inside. Just... closer together, I guess."

Morty
2010-03-21, 03:50 PM
Wenomir shakes his head and accepts the ale.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 04:00 PM
"That may be true... but there are fewer large places like Trog's, and those that are are typically shared by Arco. If their organizations were to go to all out war instead of an uneasy peace, then Town would be dragged into the conflict. And that would not be good for anyone here."

"And about Inside... if that ship goes down there, there won't BE an Inside any longer. If I keep my library out of there, then we won't be putting all our eggs in one nest, right? Still, there won't be a library if I don't get enough donations."

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 04:25 PM
There comes a rather slow eyebrow quirk from Dyna at this point. "Uneasy peace...? Hee... You really haven't been around here long, have you? Even when there were some organizations that were flatly opposed to one another none of them really went out of their way to wage combat with the others. Mostly they just stick to themselves and their own business. If they ever started an 'all out war' you would be looking at something like a dozen people total. The empire folks would probably stomp them flat for making a ruckus."

Ruckus is a silly word.

"And if that airship comes down then... well... It'll crash on a few houses. The City is enormous. It can weather a little death from above easily enough."

And from an OOC standpoint, the reason why so many threads were consolidated into Inside and Outside is to be polite to the other RPing communities that use FFRP now. If there were a location for each of the minor places mentioned Inside and Outside then it would very likely push other people's threads off the first page.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 04:36 PM
(Ah, I now realize what you mean. I'll probably move the library there sometime... but not until it's built. I need the attention to get In-character donations... but all I've got is about 150 workers, and no materials remaining to work with.)

"No, I haven't been around here long. I only started scrying about a month before I fell onto the doorstep here. So if an "all-out-war" started, nothing would really happen here? That is a small relief. A skirmish would still knock a few buildings flat, and not all of them have 'fix everything' buttons.'"

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 04:38 PM
" Well my clothes are of a fine make, I have a simple dagger and my glasses, but what use would you have for my glasses and dagger? " Warren says glancing at Shangai's body as she shows it off.

"I haven't much use for your clothes, either," Shanghai points out, "so how about this for a wager: If I win, you become my first mate and help me find a ship and a crew."

The cloaked figure has been watching the exchange with amusement. Now he turns to survey the tavern and announces once more, "I need a group of people to go out and bring back a group of other people - safely, and in good health - to me here. You will be well-compensated for your trouble."

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 04:41 PM
Warren smirks. " A pirate captain without a ship and crew? " He chuckles but nods. " Alright, but what do I get if I win?

Earl of Purple
2010-03-21, 04:47 PM
Hearing the pirate captain and the other person's conversation, a robed and hooded figure approaches the duo. The hooded robes are red, with a silver scorpion on the front. "If you are looking for a crew, will you need a chaplain?" The figure's voice has an elvish, upper-class accent and is decidedly feminine.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 04:48 PM
(I've noticed something... And I have a possible idea. OOC Forums, by chance?)

...The cloaked figure has been watching the exchange with amusement. Now he turns to survey the tavern and announces once more, "I need a group of people to go out and bring back a group of other people - safely, and in good health - to me here. You will be well-compensated for your trouble."

"Excuse me Miss, while you are thinking of a response," Drifter says. He then walks toward the cloaked figure. "Sir, I am interested in this venture, but I would like to know what the risks and rewards are."

If people would not give him donations, perhaps he would have to earn them from them.

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 04:50 PM
"If, and that's a big if, an all out war broke out between the various organizations that would probably be fought out beyond the City walls somewhere. The Nexus is pretty big after all. Causing the trouble in here wouldn't be worth their while," Dyna explains. The flashes a rather wide grin. "And truth be told this City is one of the safer places. Less likely to get accosted by horrible things in here. Beyond the City walls things are a little more... wild."

And sometimes even woolly.

Then the pirate captain speaks up!

Avast!

Dyna wrinkles her nose at the job offer.

"What do you need people for?" Dyna inquires. Given the general theme of the conversation she has an idea...

Shadowcaller
2010-03-21, 04:54 PM
Tyril is entering the tavern, no where else to go. She looks battered at best, her usual blank expression looking a bit bothered.

She staggers a bit as she walks up to the closes unoccupied chair and sits down, leaning her spear against the table.

"In the name of the light could I get something to drink? Maybe some mead?" She sounds exhausted.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 05:03 PM
Warren smirks. " A pirate captain without a ship and crew? " He chuckles but nods. " Alright, but what do I get if I win?

"I was going to simply put up a hefty sum of money, but if there's something you'd prefer..."

Hearing the pirate captain and the other person's conversation, a robed and hooded figure approaches the duo. The hooded robes are red, with a silver scorpion on the front. "If you are looking for a crew, will you need a chaplain?" The figure's voice has an elvish, upper-class accent and is decidedly feminine.

"That depends on what the chaplain preaches."

"Excuse me Miss, while you are thinking of a response," Drifter says. He then walks toward the cloaked figure. "Sir, I am interested in this venture, but I would like to know what the risks and rewards are."

If people would not give him donations, perhaps he would have to earn them from them.

"I'll speak not of such things out here in the open. I have enemies. Once enough people are interested, we will go upstairs for a more full explanation in privacy."

Dyna wrinkles her nose at the job offer.

"What do you need people for?" Dyna inquires. Given the general theme of the conversation she has an idea...

"I need these other people, in turn, to do yet another job for me."

Earl of Purple
2010-03-21, 05:08 PM
"I am a disciple of Dalachrech, God of Invertebrates. He is an accepting god, does not expect humanoid or other sacrifices, and his cult is growing fast in the City. If there is any other information you wish for, I would willingly answer most of your questions." The figure is smiling, but with the face concealed nobody knows that; I just don't like pure speech posts.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 05:09 PM
" Hmm, well I can think of a few things... " He says and looks her up and down a couple of times. " But a few hundred gold would be nice. Sound fair? " Warren asks as he deals out the cards.

((How should we decide who wins? Dice roll or something else?))

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 05:12 PM
Drifter turns to the man who follows a god similar to status as his own. "Sir, are you the person that I helped heal last night, by chance?"

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 05:13 PM
Tyril is offered a llamanaid!

Why a llamanaid?

Why not? They're tasteh!

"The Mead supply is getting a little low of late," Dyna admits with an apologetic smile. "We had a whole slew of barbarians come through and drinks us dry. We'll be getting in some more tomorrow, though!"

Because tomorrow is always another day.

"How did the excursion to that demon fortress place go? Did anyone come back with you?" the Far-maid inquires.

She sounds rather interested!

Wonder what she knows about all of this?

Earl of Purple
2010-03-21, 05:17 PM
"Miss, actually. And no, I am not. Defelent is currently on a delivery mission. He will survive; he went straight to the Temple and was healed sufficiently to carry out his duties effectively." There's several differences that should be pointed out; this figure is female (as stated in non-speech text), is slightly shorter (which I forgot to mention) and she's got an Elvish accent, something the tiefling he treated is unlikely to possess.

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 05:21 PM
Drifter nods. "Sorry about my misunderstanding. Your group looks all alike when wearing your robes. But still, would your church care to make a donation to the Library?"

UncleWolf
2010-03-21, 05:21 PM
A few people may recognize the heavily armored person who walks in. Commander Edijar steps through the door and tosses a zombie's head into the trash bin before walking up to the bar. His face has lost all cheer it may have once had, and his armor shows his loss as well, it's plates cracked and chipped in many places. The left plate on his chest is gone completely, as if inviting someone to try and strike him down...

Those who work on the darker side of the law may wish to be careful with their wording, for he works for the Empire, and his views have become much darker of late...

"Something strong." He says, his voice more of a growl.

Earl of Purple
2010-03-21, 05:25 PM
"I regret that we are currently unable. The Church of Dalachrech is low of funds as it is. Most of the worshippers are poor, and we do not ask for large sacrifices or donations. The mistake, however, is easy to make." Judging by her slight upper-class accent, this cultist might not be as poor as most.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 05:33 PM
" Hmm, well I can think of a few things... " He says and looks her up and down a couple of times. " But a few hundred gold would be nice. Sound fair? " Warren asks as he deals out the cards.

((How should we decide who wins? Dice roll or something else?))

"Either way you want, it's fine with me." Shanghai shrugs as he deals.

((Good question. How have you been deciding who gets which cards before?))

To the priestess, she says, "I'll think about it."

Eternal Drifter
2010-03-21, 05:33 PM
"Pity..." Drifter says. "Well, I must be going. It's been a long day.

Good day, miss. Good day, Dyna. I'll be across the street if you need me."

Drifter heads outside and across the street to the crowd in the lot. People can follow, if they wish.

(Destination: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8123658#post8123658)

Earl of Purple
2010-03-21, 05:37 PM
"Thank you, Captain." The cultist then turns to Eternal Drifter: "Good day to you, sir." The priestess then returns to the corner she was sitting in originally.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 05:40 PM
"Either way you want, it's fine with me." Shanghai shrugs as he deals.

((Good question. How have you been deciding who gets which cards before?))

To the priestess, she says, "I'll think about it."

((I've been deciding who wins but that was because Warren was stacking the deck.))

Warren smiles as he puts the deck down between the two of them. He then checks his cards.

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 05:43 PM
Growling for something strong...?

Oof, Dyna has heard that one before. She starts hunting for some whiskey... The command may note that there's something about her strikingly similar to Zee. Though... she quite clearly isn't. Nor does she show any sign of recognizing him.

"There you go. The mess out in front of the gates was pretty unpleasant I take it?"

War is rarely pleasant.

She then gives Drifter a rather pleasant wave as he departs!

Hmm...

Now what?

Maybe eye the guy who's looking for people to find people?

Earl of Purple
2010-03-21, 05:53 PM
The elven priestess of Dalachrech Deadtimes, drinking a pineapple juice drink and reading a small book with the two-tailed scorpion symbol upon it.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 05:56 PM
The small black cat pads over to watch Warren and Shanghai. He really hopes Shanghai wins because pirate ships are more fun to watch than bags of gold.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 05:57 PM
Hmm...

Now what?

Maybe eye the guy who's looking for people to find people?

He is eyed. He does not appear to care.

((I've been deciding who wins but that was because Warren was stacking the deck.))

Warren smiles as he puts the deck down between the two of them. He then checks his cards.

The small black cat pads over to watch Warren and Shanghai. He really hopes Shanghai wins because pirate ships are more fun to watch than bags of gold.

((He has a point. Perhaps we should just have Shanghai win.))

UncleWolf
2010-03-21, 05:59 PM
Edijar looks up at the person behind the bar, about to ask how Zee was alive before seeing the differences. He shakes his head sadly before upending the bottle, drinking a full half of it before setting it down. He ignores her question and asks one of his own, some business he had yet to attend to.

"Do you know her husband?" His tone should say who he's referring to.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 06:01 PM
((Yeah, that's what I was thinking.))

Warren smiles at his cards. He has a nineteen right there. What he doesn't know is, is that Shangai was dealt the king and queen of diamonds. All he has is a nine and ten.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 06:07 PM
"I call," Shanghai says, her face betraying nothing.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 06:10 PM
" Show. " Warren says with a smile showing his nine and ten. He leans back thinking that she probably has a eighteen or something.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 06:11 PM
She smirks. "Welcome aboard, First Mate," she says, showing her king and queen.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 06:15 PM
Warren's jaw drops a bit and leans forward. " Son of a... " Then he chuckles picking the cards back up. " Well... Looks like I got myself a job that I know nothing about. " He says and chuckles again shaking his head.

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 06:19 PM
The small cat snickers and turns into a black feathered parrot. Then it flies over and lands on Warren's shoulder. It keeps snickering.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 06:26 PM
Shanghai looks at the parrot. "Are you joining too?"

The cloaked figure stands up begins to pace around the Tavern.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-21, 06:26 PM
((I still don't know whether or not Katoria has her Wizard Blizzard yet, so would somebody kindly tell me? Thank you.))
EDIT: Tios orders a Black Shadow.

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 06:31 PM
Generally speaking, if there isn't a PC waiter on hand it can be assumed that one of the NPCs will deliver the drink.

Dyna has seen it before.

That sparkle of recognition and hope only to be dashed by the cold hard pointy rocks of reality. An inkling that Zee's alive. But then... Nope. Still gone.

That manages to get a slow nod out of her. And a rather morose sigh.

"Yeah, I know Raril."

No doubt this will make things even harder on the drow.

Divine knows things are hard enough on him already. The last thing he needs is something else to deal with. Especially something that has to do with Zee and her business.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2010-03-21, 06:35 PM
((Ah, OK.))
Katoria takes a sip from her Wizard Blizzard.
Tios waits for his Black Shadow.
Adafia is in a corner, rummaging through her rusted first aid kit.

UncleWolf
2010-03-21, 06:43 PM
Edijar nods. "Thought so." He finishes off the bottle without pausing. "Next time you see him, can you tell him that I have something of Zee's?" He sighs. "Her gauntlets should pass to him now, and I figure that he'd appreciate having something of hers." It looks like he could use another bottle, the last not even making him flinch.

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 06:45 PM
Warren puts the deck of cards away. " Well captain, seems like you have a first mate that knows nothing about sailing. "

Gimliggamer
2010-03-21, 06:52 PM
The parrot chuckles. "That depends. Do I have to botch a card game too?" It asks, still snickering.

Rebonack
2010-03-21, 06:53 PM
The black shadow is mixed and delivered in a timely fashion!

*ahem*

At the mention of Zee's old gear Dyna's gaze falls to the bar and several stains that require immediate scrubbing. "Yeah... I can tell him..."

See...

She knows something is quite off still between she and Raril. And she really isn't sure what she can do to help aside from standing away and letting the drow mourn. Frankly she feels terrible for him and has the feeling that this latest news is just going to make things worse.

But...

She owes it to him to tell him. Let him decide what to do with Zee's old adventuring gear.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 07:00 PM
"You'll learn." To the parrot, she says: "Not unless you want to play cards for it."

Chas the mage
2010-03-21, 07:00 PM
The story-telling Imperial soldier is at the bar, drinking. every once in a while he'll lean over and grab a piece of shrapnel out of his leg...

Lord Magtok
2010-03-21, 07:02 PM
Magtok floats over towards the morally dubious quest-offering character of Iames's. He hasn't much else to do at the moment and his ability to tell safe and dangerously stupid ideas apart is still severely crippled, so he hasn't any reason not to want to join in, aside from the fact that the character would like to discuss the secret details of the mission upstairs, where that happened a long time ago.

I'm interested, but can we...can you discuss the terms and stuff somewhere other than upstairs? Outside, maybe?

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 07:03 PM
Warren chuckles and nods. " Alright then. So, a boat and a crew are needed. Which one should I work on getting first? Or should I wait till later to get either. "

horngeek
2010-03-21, 07:06 PM
{{No, Maggy. You have to discuss it upstairs... WHERE THE CURTAINS ARE! MUAHAHAHAH!

Ahem. :smalltongue:}}

XtheYeti
2010-03-21, 07:08 PM
The Barbarians have all passed out in their chairs from too much ale. (like 35+ ale's each)

ApeofLight
2010-03-21, 07:10 PM
Warren looks over at the passed out barbarian seeing if any of them have many valuables.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-03-21, 07:21 PM
"What's wrong with discussing things upstairs?"

"A crew first, I think. We can always work as mercenaries until we can find a ship."

Shanghai joins Warren in searching the unconscious barbarians.