PDA

View Full Version : Evil Kobolds

Dragon Elite
2010-03-20, 07:43 PM
Kobolds should have an evil lair. They have higher than human intelligence, and the ability to make traps, not to mention that they have sorcerers. PLesae help me create the ultimate lair.

Waterfall:
A waterfall gushes through this room. It flows over a 10-foot pit in the center of the room. It deals 1d4 acid damage per round to anyone inside it.

Oil:
This 20x20 room has 10 feet of flat, then a 45 degree decline down, leading to a door. As you are halfway down the slope, 2 kobolds empty barrels of oil, causing you to slip to the bottom, and another tosses a torch at you. You take 1d8 fire damage per round you are on fire.

Blinding light:
This room is covered in mirrors. In holders on the walls there are torches, reflecting off and blinding you. You take -4 to all attack rolls and -8 to all spot checks. Out of holes in the wall, kobolds shoot crossbows at you.

Grid
This hallway has a grid dug about an inch into the ground. Upon further inspection(DC 15 spot check, there is liquid coming through. Kobolds light the oil on fire and bar the metal doors tight.

Thanks for looking.

Graymayre
2010-03-20, 07:58 PM
Whenever creating a kobold lair, it's always best to read up on a short story called Tucker's Kobolds (http://www.tuckerskobolds.com/)

This should give you some great ideas on what to do.

If you already have, be sure to have crossfire areas. hallways with kill-holes down the whole thing that kobolds fire safely from.

Dragon Elite
2010-03-20, 08:00 PM
I have read that, it has great advice, but it isn't 3.5, sadly.

Graymayre
2010-03-20, 08:05 PM
If a waterfall of acid goes through the dungeon then you should use that to advantage in other areas.

Have some traps that flood the room with it. Hell, you could even have the kobolds ride little boats and fire at the PCs.

EpicEvokerElf
2010-03-20, 08:39 PM
Green slime is a nasty, nasty substance. ;)

Definitely think of ways to seal intruders into small spaces as much as possible - collapsing walls, trapdoors, etc. You can then flood the space with unpleasant concoctions (poisons, the aforementioned acid, green slime, just plain water, flaming oil... use your imagination).

Use the web enhancement for Races of the Dragon called Kobols: Playing to their Strengths. It includes an extra racial trait, slight build, which allows them to fit through very small spaces without squeezing. Make all the tunnels this small so the intruders will be forced to move very slowly, if at all. Then brush the stalactites with contact poisons.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Draconi Redfir
2010-03-20, 08:52 PM
they live underground right? have some passeges filled with diffrent molds (only kind i know of are they yellow kind) that should be fun :P

Satyrus
2010-03-21, 01:48 AM
Alchemist fire sprinkler's :smallbiggrin: