PDA

View Full Version : Dread Misogynist [3.5 Prestige Class]

Vertul
2010-03-21, 01:01 AM
Disclaimer: Before we get started. Let me just say that this post is intended for humour only, is not an attack on women and does not advocate actual violence towards women. In the words of Jimmy Carr, this is post-modern misogyny, steeped in irony. So don't worry your pretty little heads about it, loves.

Link to the female counterpart: Feminist Militant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146101)

"They have the right to work wherever they want to-as long as they have dinner ready when you get home. "
-- John Wayne, Dread Misogynist

Entry Requirements:
Alignment: Any Evil
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Skills: Intimidate 8 ranks, Sense motive 5 ranks.
Special: A dread misogynist must have an open disdain for females, and may never help one out of altruism.

Hit Die: d12
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
1|+1|+2|+0|+0|Smite women 1/day
2|+2|+3|+0|+0|Favored Enemy (female)
3|+3|+3|+1|+1|Aura of Strength Sapping
4|+4|+4|+1|+1|Smite women 2/day,
5|+5|+4|+1|+1|Zone of Kitchen 1/day, Turn Female
6|+6|+5|+2|+2|Favored Enemy (any female)
7|+7|+5|+2|+2|Smite 3/day
8|+8|+6|+2|+2|+4 will save vs mind-affecting spells and abilities
9|+9|+6|+3|+3|Dominate woman 1/day
10|+10|+7|+3|+3|Slay woman 1/day[/table]

Skills (4+Int modifier per level): Craft, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Ride, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot.

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A dread misogynist is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and with all types of armor and shields.

Smite Women (Su): Once per day, a dread misogynist may attempt to smite women with one normal melee attack. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per dread misogynist level. If the dread misogynist accidentally smites a creature that is not female, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day.

Favored Enemy (Ex): At 2nd level, a dread misogynist gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against female creatures of his race. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures.

At 6th level, the dread misogynist gains a second favored enemy of any race's females, and increases the bonus against one of his favored enemies by 2. This may include any favored enemy he currently has (including the new one).

Aura of Strength Sapping (Su): When a dread misogynist reaches 3rd level, he exudes an aura of strength sapping 30ft around him. While in this aura, female creatures gain a penalty of -4 to their Strength score.

Turn Female (Su): When a Dread Misogynist reaches 5th level, he gains the supernatural ability to Turn Females. He may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier.

Zone of Kitchen (Sp): At 5th level a dread misoynist can produce a Zone of Kitchen effect, as the spell, once per day. This ability functions like Zone of Truth, with the additional effect that if a female enters the zone's boundaries, and fails the will save, they are unable to leave the zone. If they attempt to, they receive 1d6/Dread Misogynist level of bludgeoning damage and their attempt is unsuccesful. The save DC is equal to 10 + class level + Charisma modifier

Dominate Woman (Sp): At 9th level a dread misogynist can produce a Dominate Women effect, as the spell, once per day. This ability functions like Dominate Person, except the ability only works against female creatures. If the dread misogynist accidently casts this on a creature that is not female the spell has no effect, but the ability is still used up for the day. The save DC is equal to 10 + class level + Charisma modifier.

Slay Woman (Sp): At 10th level a dread misogynist can produce a Slay Living effect, as the spell, once per day. This ability functions like Slay Living, except the ability only works against female creatures. If the dread misogynist accidently casts this on a creature that is not female the spell has no effect, but the ability is still used up for the day. The save DC is equal to 10 + class level + Charisma modifier.

Temotei
2010-03-21, 01:05 AM
Perhaps making a male-smiting version of the class would lessen the tension.

Vertul
2010-03-21, 01:06 AM
I'm currently working on a female caster prestige class in a similar vein.

Temotei
2010-03-21, 01:07 AM

Nice. :smallcool:

Kallisti
2010-03-21, 01:09 AM

Dominatrix is the new Incantatrix.

Rainbownaga
2010-03-21, 01:22 AM
Perhaps making a male-smiting version of the class would lessen the tension.

Misandry class. Why doesn't anybody know this word (including my spell check?)

Golden-Esque
2010-03-21, 01:24 AM
The funny part about this class is that its ripe for abuse with the Book of Errotic Fantasy's Gender-Change spells xD.

Vertul
2010-03-21, 01:29 AM

I know it, but the planned name for the class I have in mind is Feminist Militant. Though I'd be happy to take any suggestions. Misandrist Savant maybe?

The funny part about this class is that its ripe for abuse with the Book of Errotic Fantasy's Gender-Change spells xD.

Some sort of Barbarian/Wizard/Dread Misogynist build? That'd be horrible, but funny in a way.

Kallisti
2010-03-21, 01:30 AM
@Golden-Esque: It brings self-loathing a whole new rather disturbing level of meaning.

Temotei
2010-03-21, 01:35 AM

I know it. The OP hasn't created the class yet, so I can't know what it's called. Assuming they're going to call it the "dread misandrist" is kind of leaping to conclusions, as shown above with the OP's planned class name.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-21, 01:44 AM

Just what kind of a message are you sending here? If the female version has casting it will be better than the male version. Are you saying that men can't have nice things? :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2010-03-21, 01:53 AM
Just what kind of a message are you sending here? If the female version has casting it will be better than the male version. Are you saying that men can't have nice things? :smallbiggrin:

Yes. :smallfrown: :smallamused:

Rainbownaga
2010-03-21, 01:53 AM
Could lead to some interesting situations, particularly since you have no "detect females" ability.

DM: You are attacked by a bear!

PC: Is it a he-bear or a she-bear?

DM: Why don't you get closer and check?

Vertul
2010-03-21, 02:08 AM
Could lead to some interesting situations, particularly since you have no "detect females" ability.

DM: You are attacked by a bear!

PC: Is it a he-bear or a she-bear?

DM: Why don't you get closer and check?

Well lets hope that smart player put ranks in Knowledge (nature), or is feeling lucky. >:)

Temotei
2010-03-21, 02:20 AM
At least it's not mandatory to yell out your class features.

"Smite women!"

"I'm a man..."

"...oh. Sorry. My attack will be only normally effective, then. I do apologize."

"You should. Smite men!"

"Crap."

:smallbiggrin:

Ashtagon
2010-03-21, 03:18 AM
Do the class powers work on traps? Perhaps some kind of detect traps class feature would be in order? Or would that spoil the fun?

Vertul
2010-03-21, 03:21 AM
Do the class powers work on traps? Perhaps some kind of detect traps class feature would be in order? Or would that spoil the fun?

Trap sense? You gain a reflex bonus versus crossdressers? Well that might be an interesting addition.

Ashtagon
2010-03-21, 03:32 AM
Turn Female (Su):

I'd strongly recommend renaming this one. It's obviously not what I understood on first reading :smallredface:

Deca
2010-03-21, 05:22 AM
Ha! I love that he's got Handle Animal as a class skill. Really tells you everything you need to know doesn't it?

Also, why isn't it gender restricted? Shouldn't it be male only? How does a women end up in this class?

Vertul
2010-03-21, 05:26 AM
Ha! I love that he's got Handle Animal as a class skill. Really tells you everything you need to know doesn't it?

Also, why isn't it gender restricted? Shouldn't it be male only? How does a women end up in this class?

That's easy enough. Self-hating women.

herbe
2010-03-21, 06:23 AM
Skills (4+Int modifier per level): Craft, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Ride, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot.
Handle animal, Ride ..... awesome
I miss wild empathy...:smallbiggrin:

Golden-Esque
2010-03-21, 10:18 AM
Do you know what you COULD do. Replace "Zone of Kitchen" with "Banish to the Kitchen." Have it work only on a female creature, and have it banish them (As the spell) to the nearest kitchen on the Material Plane. The spell also removes any footwear the female creature was wearing.

elliott20
2010-03-21, 10:27 AM
is... is this thread even kosher for the board?

Lappy9000
2010-03-21, 10:38 AM
I know the thing's meant to be a joke, but with the names of a few of the class features, well, it's like one of those threads that gives different racial stats to genders. Even when it's meant well the thread is itching to cause some bad blood. Just...be careful.

From a balance perspective, the class looks entirely fine, if a touch one-sided (obviously). With a campaign of constructs, plants, and other genderless critters, the character is hosed, but the d12 HD and good BAB help make up for it a little.

Brendan
2010-03-21, 11:10 AM
one of the names of the class features could be changed into slightly less Tsukiko/thanh style jokery, unless that was what was intended.
I mean, REALLY.
maybe make it something like "control the enemy"

Primal Fury
2010-03-21, 12:15 PM
Why, of both these classes, must this one be evil? The Ranger is specifically designed to kill certain species and races and yet they are not evil. How is hating a gender any worse than that? :smallconfused:

Vertul
2010-03-21, 03:17 PM
is... is this thread even kosher for the board?

I took a browse through the rules. While it does contain rules for flaming someone due to their gender, this isn't really targeted as a specific person, and is done in an ironic fashion. Mod call, really.

Why, of both these classes, must this one be evil? The Ranger is specifically designed to kill certain species and races and yet they are not evil. How is hating a gender any worse than that? :smallconfused:

It's mentioned somewhere that rangers with favoured enemies in humanoids are generally considered evil types. I think a similar thing would exist for this.

imp_fireball
2010-03-21, 03:54 PM
These guys should have the ability to perform something like mass suggestion on women, lower female morale, make them hate themselves, etc. Also, maybe the ability bolster males that believe the same as you do (some kind of aura affect - maybe it only affects evil males). Finally, depending on the setting, this could probably be human exclusive (I don't imagine other races base themselves around sexual archetypes as much - not even orcs or all women elf clans like the drow... at least in warcraft the women were all warriors because the men were sleeping).

Say, it'd be advantageous to bring these guys against the amazons from the 'slayers guide to amazons'. :smalltongue:

And maybe make them a paladin PRC (lawful evil) - their smites would be converted into 'smite women' and stack with the smites gained from this class.

At least it's not mandatory to yell out your class features.

"Smite women!"

"I'm a man..."

"...oh. Sorry. My attack will be only normally effective, then. I do apologize, for I was almost certain that you were female, brother."

"*effeminate tone* Oh behave! *casts fear*"

"*shudders and becomes panicked*"

Finally, I imagine female dread misogynists would probably be masochistic and openly whip themselves (and attack one another in some kind of a hate orgy :smalleek:). :smallamused:

well, it's like one of those threads that gives different racial stats to genders.

Huh? What if you were stating out the locust? The berserker is female and they clearly have different stats from drones.

Vertul
2010-03-22, 12:46 AM
Minor update to give the class more flavour. Replaced dodge bonus to AC with an aura penalizing strength around him. Fits a little better with the humour.

Admiral Squish
2010-03-22, 01:11 AM
Do you know what you COULD do. Replace "Zone of Kitchen" with "Banish to the Kitchen." Have it work only on a female creature, and have it banish them (As the spell) to the nearest kitchen on the Material Plane. The spell also removes any footwear the female creature was wearing.

Nono, it should be an extradimensional kitchen! Use the Maze spell!

Temotei
2010-03-22, 01:15 AM
Combine that kitchen power with "make me a sandwich" and we'll be all good. :smallcool:

imp_fireball
2010-03-22, 07:26 PM
Create a variant of this PRC and call it 'Strip Club DJ'. His zone of kitchen would be replaced by 'mandatory bikini carwash' requiring all females to strip into bikinis and wash the nearest 'car' (or mount, whichever). :smallbiggrin:

Could also have a minor leadership ability that includes fem slaves. :P

Perhaps his role would be the 'lesser of the evils', potentially neutral or chaotic aligned.