PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get endurance?

gallagher
2010-03-21, 09:50 AM
So, my frenzied berserker doesn't like being tired after a good ol' fashioned frenzy, but what can I do to help prevent that? As I see it, I have 2 options: a 3 level dip in ranger, or a talisman of undying fortitude. Are there any other options? Keep in mind I have no extra feats to spare for a long while.

And if I go ranger, what is the best combat style to go with a spike chain build?

vampire2948
2010-03-21, 09:52 AM
An item that gives you the feat is the best way for you.

Alternatively, convince your DM that Endurance makes sense on the Fighter Bonus Feat list. And dip into fighter for one level.

Soranar
2010-03-21, 09:53 AM
dragon mag gives alternatives to the typical ranger combat styles

you can find them at crystalkeep

BenTheJester
2010-03-21, 09:55 AM
Hmm. Endurance doesn't prevent you from being Fatigued after raging. All it does is not make you fatigued if you sleep in medium or light armor.

Vangor
2010-03-21, 09:59 AM
Desert Orc from UA has Endurance as a racial trait for the price of losing Darkvision (you have Low-Light, however), significantly useful for Steadfast Determination (Con to Will saves) for a Frenzied Berserker to be able to break Frenzy after battle. Works within Rage, too, giving a +4 total bonus to Will saves while Raging.

However, Endurance does not do what you want as far as I know, but I swear something does reduce Exhaustion to Fatigue or Fatigue to nothing beyond the "Tireless" versions from levels.

gallagher
2010-03-21, 10:15 AM
Desert Orc from UA has Endurance as a racial trait for the price of losing Darkvision (you have Low-Light, however), significantly useful for Steadfast Determination (Con to Will saves) for a Frenzied Berserker to be able to break Frenzy after battle. Works within Rage, too, giving a +4 total bonus to Will saves while Raging.

However, Endurance does not do what you want as far as I know, but I swear something does reduce Exhaustion to Fatigue or Fatigue to nothing beyond the "Tireless" versions from levels.
I see, are there any spells that can be put in potions or wands that would remove the fatigue then?

And for this wondering, I am currently a fighter2/barb4/ berserker4. If I took ranger levels I would have to take away from barbarian.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-21, 10:17 AM
I see, are there any spells that can be put in potions or wands that would remove the fatigue then?

And for this wondering, I am currently a fighter2/barb4/ berserker4. If I took ranger levels I would have to take away from barbarian.

Lesser Restoration (wand)?
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/RestorationLesser.htm

It says it removes fatigue and turns exhausted to fatigue.

AmberVael
2010-03-21, 10:20 AM
If you can somehow pick up a single level of Horizon Walker, then you'd be able to ignore fatigue completely (Desert Terrain Mastery).

It requires Endurance and eight ranks of Knowledge (Geography) though.

SRD Link. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/horizonWalker.htm)

Vangor
2010-03-21, 10:28 AM

Lesser Restore, Cleric 2, will reduce Exhaustion to Fatigue, or if you are Fatigued this will be removed. Potions can be 3rd level at most. Restoration, Cleric 4, will remove Exhaustion or Fatigue. Wands can be 4th level at most.

The way my Frenzy/Bearwar did this was be Chaotic Neutral, worship Fharlanghn, get the True Believer feat, be at least level 7, and purchase Boots of the Unending Journey from MIC (4,000g). Means you never wear another pair of boots for a long while, but this is powerful. They're small speed boots (10ft) rendering you immune to Fatigue and Exhaustion. One feat is worth it.

gallagher
2010-03-21, 10:30 AM
Lesser Restoration (wand)?
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/RestorationLesser.htm

It says it removes fatigue and turns exhausted to fatigue.
I can't believe I forgot that part, I was only thinking of ability drain. How much does a 2nd lvl wand cost, vs 50 potions?

Vangor
2010-03-21, 10:33 AM
I can't believe I forgot that part, I was only thinking of ability drain. How much does a 2nd lvl wand cost, vs 50 potions?

The potion way costs about 3 times as much.

nargbop
2010-03-21, 11:39 AM
Endurance doesn't help out vs. the frenzy exhaustion. You will need a magic item or a friend with the same thing. Relevant spells : Restoration and Lesser Restoration , Favor of the Martyr.
Favor of the Martyr is a spell from Spell Compendium page 89 with unique effects. You are immune to many problem effects, including exhaustion and dazing. Ask your DM before using it - the spell enables many shenanigans, especially with Celerity. It's Paladin 4, so you'll need a Pally in the party or somehow find one of those wand-crafting Pallys :) . Or an Artificer, or a crafting caster with Extra spell.

Last Laugh
2010-03-21, 12:45 PM
Don't Warforged (RoE, one of the later MMs) ignore exhaustion/fatigue because they are constructs (and I loved them for it)

Shalist
2010-03-21, 01:48 PM
You could get the 4000 gold relic, "Boots of Unending Journey," (pg 79 of MIC).

Travel is a way of life for the followers of Fharlaghn, and these boots give his chosen followers a spring in their step. While wearing boots of unending journey, you gain a +10-foot enhancement bonus to your speed if you are NG LN N CN or NE. This is a continuous effect and requries no activation.

Relic Power: If you have established the proper divine connection, you are constantly under a pass without trace effect. Boots of unending journey also render you immune to the effects of fatigue and exhaustion. These are continuous effects and require no activation.

To use this relic power, you must worship fhalalalaraghn and either sacrifice a 4th-level divine spell slot, or have the True Believer feat and at least 7 HD.

edit: Now you just need an item that'll either give you the 'true believer' feat, or a 'pearl of power' type item to give you a single 4th level divine spell slot :P

Darrin
2010-03-21, 03:05 PM

Buy it from a Paladin. Potion of Lesser Restoration = 50 GP, Wand of Lesser Restoration = 750 GP.

There's also Ray of Resurgence in Lost Empires of Faerun, 1st level Cleric, 2nd level Sor/Wis spell. The cleric version of the wand would only be 750 GP.

Also, Sphere of Awakening, MIC p. 186, cures fatigue 1/day, 1800 GP.

BenTheJester
2010-03-21, 05:45 PM
Buy it from a Paladin. Potion of Lesser Restoration = 50 GP, Wand of Lesser Restoration = 750 GP.

There's also Ray of Resurgence in Lost Empires of Faerun, 1st level Cleric, 2nd level Sor/Wis spell. The cleric version of the wand would only be 750 GP.

Keep in mind that using a wand requires a DC 20 UMD check. Everyone can use potions freely

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-21, 05:59 PM

Oh yea, because everyone knows that all paladins take crafting feats.

Curmudgeon
2010-03-21, 06:06 PM
A Breath of the Waves graft (Magic of Eberron) will let you remove conditions like fatigued and exhausted once each hour. Probably the best long-term solution.

Saph
2010-03-21, 07:17 PM
Oh yea, because everyone knows that all paladins take crafting feats.

Besides, the minimum CL a Paladin can use for any item is 2nd.

Roderick_BR
2010-03-21, 08:29 PM
Or get an archivist or an artificer to make you one. Even better, make it an eternal wand or 2.

Runestar
2010-03-21, 09:54 PM
Besides, the minimum CL a Paladin can use for any item is 2nd.

Don't you have the option of voluntarily lowering your caster lv to reduce the cost of crafting? Can a paladin lower his caster lv to 1 when casting restoration, or must it be kept at a minimum of 2?

The Glyphstone
2010-03-21, 10:01 PM
Don't you have the option of voluntarily lowering your caster lv to reduce the cost of crafting? Can a paladin lower his caster lv to 1 when casting restoration, or must it be kept at a minimum of 2?

It's impossible for a paladin to have a caster level of lower than 2, because they gain spellcasting at 4th level, at which point their CL is one-half their paladin level.

Through 3rd level, a paladin has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, her caster level is one-half her paladin level.

You can voluntarily lower your CL, but not past where it would be impossible for you to cast the spell.

sofawall
2010-03-21, 10:02 PM

I totally read that as Sphere of Annihilation, and thought, "Well that would solve the problem..."