PDA

View Full Version : What music would the party like?

Mr. Versipellis
2010-03-21, 09:51 AM
This is what I think:

:roy: - Easy listening pop, to calm down after Elan and Belkar
:haley: - Chart topping pop/rnb, pop-punk
:elan: - Anything, especially power metal
:durkon: - New Age
:vaarsuvius: - Prog Metal (he likes the complexity)
:belkar: - Awful bands like Limp Bizkit and Linkit Park. I have no clue why.
:xykon: - He hasn't matured. My Chemical Romance, 30 seconds to Mars (Start of Darkness, people!)
:redcloak: Religious chanting stuff
:miko: NOTHING. Music is sinfull!
:mitd: Static noise

GooeyChewie
2010-03-21, 12:42 PM
I'm not great at music, but I'd peg V as a classical music fan.

Zelthax
2010-03-21, 03:02 PM
My list, for what it's worth:

Roy- Rock
Haley- Funk
Elan- Pop (particularly bubblegum pop)
Durkon- I have no idea.
V- Mozart
Belkar- 80's pop/glam rock
Xykon- Death Metal and Grunge
Redcloak- Smooth Jazz
Miko - Plainchant
MitD- Techno

LCR
2010-03-21, 03:38 PM
This song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--cqAI3IUI) plays over and over in Belkar's head (extra points if you get the movie reference).

natural_one
2010-03-21, 07:31 PM
50 1st dates?

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-22, 02:35 AM

Ew, Linkit Park? Sounds like a horrible band.

Linkin Park is much better.

Katana_Geldar
2010-03-22, 03:15 AM
:elan: Definitely the Beatles and maybe Simon and Garfunkle
:durkon: Without a doubt, Led Zeppelin.

Starscream
2010-03-22, 03:34 AM
:roy: Classic Rock, with maybe some 80s power ballads thrown in.

:durkon: All that Norse themed metal. And Led Zeppelin of course.

:haley: Well, she used to be a goth, maybe she kept the taste in music?

:elan: Probably a little bit of everything. Rock, pop, metal... and for some reason I could totally see him Caramelldansen.:smallbiggrin:

:belkar: "Meet me in St. Louis, Louis,/Meet me at the fair..." In all seriousness? Punk music. The good kind, not the lame kind.

:vaarsuvius: Classical. In public anyway. Steal V's iPod and you'll find a bunch of showtunes.

doodthedud
2010-03-22, 03:44 AM
This is what I think:

:xykon: - He hasn't matured. My Chemical Romance, 30 seconds to Mars (Start of Darkness, people!)

Nice bias.

LahmiaVampire
2010-03-22, 03:47 AM
Roy would be quite into that song, I'm In Love With A Fairytale, don't you think? Heh. Heh.

And on the same level of humour, I suggest our Hobgoblin friends enjoy Lordi.

Uh, and there is this band called "Skeleton Crew". That would be Xykons favourite.

LCR
2010-03-22, 05:53 AM
50 1st dates?

Nope, I meant "Das Experiment" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Experiment), it's the music the guards play when they beat up the prisoners.

Snake-Aes
2010-03-22, 06:53 AM
I'm suddenly imagining Elan singing along "Eagle Fly Free"

Teddy
2010-03-22, 08:39 AM
:elan: Probably a little bit of everything. Rock, pop, metal... and for some reason I could totally see him Caramelldansen.:smallbiggrin:

Oh no, not that horrble thing. It's concentrated brain damage and it definitely doesn't get better when the text is written in your own language.

Must resist the song... Not get it on my mind... Must resist... resist... resist...

Snake-Aes
2010-03-22, 09:14 AM
Oh no, not that horrble thing. It's concentrated brain damage and it definitely doesn't get better when the text is written in your own language.

Must resist the song... Not get it on my mind... Must resist... resist... resist...

Now go read Keychain of Creation and bask in the fact that Secret likes Caramelldansen

Closak
2010-03-22, 09:19 AM
Redcloak: This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgIqy0Bsr9E)

Lyrics below.

Our name is Orphan. Orphan

Forever watchful, we yearn for destruction (2x)
Our name is Orphan. Orphan (2x)
O day of suffering and the saintly mother's tears (3x)
shall be my salvation.

My name is Orphan. Orphan (2x)
shall be our salvation.

L'Cie, open wide the promised gate of eternal light.

Scarlet Knight
2010-03-22, 06:17 PM
:durkon: Loves rock, especially by the Stones

:xykon: he's a Dead head

:thog: Thog like singing with Kermit the Frog. "It's not easy being greeeen..."

:roach: Oh, anything by the Beatles, the Crickets, Iron Butterfly, or the Roaches,...

natural_one
2010-03-22, 06:56 PM
Nope, I meant "Das Experiment" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Experiment), it's the music the guards play when they beat up the prisoners.

I'll have to go watch that now, any good?

veti
2010-03-22, 08:43 PM
Durkon is nothing if not a traditionalist. I would peg his musical tastes at "folk", rather than any kind of metal.

Elan, lest we forget, is a bard. We know he likes 'Danny Boy'. I'd suspect his tastes run to sweet, lyrical ballads with memorable tunes, as by (e.g.) John Denver or Don McLean. On the other hand, he's also demonstrated an acquaintanceship with one of the works of Fatboy Slim, and honestly I'm not sure what to make of that...

Belkar, like Sideshow Bob, likes show tunes. I suspect he appreciates the dark side of the subtle double-entendres built in to make the songs both family-friendly and appealing to adults at the same time. People underestimate Belkar.

Vaarsuvius: definitely classical. Proper classical, not yer populist Romantic claptrap like Verdi or Tchaikovsky. I see V as a Bach fan.

Haley: used to be a goth, but has mellowed considerably since then. I'm guessing she'd be into mainstream and classic rock, but that's a pretty wild guess.

Roy: hmmm, tricky. I can't think of any clues there. I would expect a fairly eclectic taste in music capable of appreciating all of the above genres in their own lights, but really I'm just projecting there.

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-22, 08:47 PM

Dansa med oss
Klappa era händer
Gör som vi gör
Ta nagrå steg at vanster
Lyssna och lar
Missa inte chansen
Nu ar vi har med
Caramelldansen

The Wanderer
2010-03-22, 09:16 PM
:roy: - Definitely a classic rock fan, occasionally jazz.
:haley: - Pop, R&B, pop-punk, club dance music.
:elan: - Possibly the widest range of tastes. He'll probably dig everything from traditional folk music and classic ballads, to bubblegum pop.
:durkon: - durkon is huge on classic works that feature heavy drum work or old fashioned (probably religious) chant. Prefers to take it fairly slow, except for brief periods of faster paced sections in a song. Probably also a fan of sax jazz.
:vaarsuvius: - Clean, cool classical music. Mostly Mozart and earlier , but has a secret fondness for Beethoven when V gets moody or upset.
:belkar: - Bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. Anything that's as angry, chaotic, and fast paced as he is. Secretly loves show tunes though, although he hides it well.
:xykon: - Heavy metal, especially if it sounds like something that should be playing when the meanest guy you ever met walks into the room.
:redcloak: Religious chanting stuff, classical.
:miko: Might have some soft spots for chanting and classic Knightly ballads, but that's about all I can think of.
:mitd: Top 40 pop, anything that catches his ear.

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-22, 09:37 PM
To be fair, I've never really seen a why Belkar would be a Linkin Park fan.

Of course, I guess no one would see why I'm a Linkin Park fan. :smalltongue:

Jagos
2010-03-23, 12:27 AM
Let's put him as old LP.

But that may be more Haley than Belkar:

CRAAWWWLING IN MY SKINNNN!

THESE WOUNDS THEY WILLL NOT HEE' YALLLLL!
:P

zimmerwald1915
2010-03-23, 01:19 AM
Vaarsuvius: definitely classical. Proper classical, not yer populist Romantic claptrap like Verdi or Tchaikovsky. I see V as a Bach fan.
Bach, Rameau, Handel, and Haydn would probably be on V's list. I could see V enjoying the Baroque composers to a great extent. Oddly enough, so might that one IFCC director, what with his comments about old-fashioned Latin chanting (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0635.html).

Teddy
2010-03-23, 09:26 AM
Dansa med oss
Klappa era händer
Gör som vi gör
Ta nagrå steg at vanster
Lyssna och lar
Missa inte chansen
Nu ar vi har med
Caramelldansen

Must make Will save. And Fort save. It's like the phantasmal killer, just worse!

I really thank you for the missplaced a's, å's and ä's. They give me a bonus on the roll.

Scarlet Knight
2010-03-23, 10:08 AM
:redcloak: I see Redcloak as a country music fan. Can't you imagine him sitting & drinking, tears in his eyes while listening to songs about the lonesome road , how he wishes he could go back home, the hardship of being God-fearin' , and/or the pain of betrayal....

:smallcool:

electricbee
2010-03-23, 11:32 AM
:roy: Vocal Jazz, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday, Al Jarreau, Eartha Kitt

:elan: Ballad rock, show tunes, anything sappy played on the Delilah radio show.

:haley: Probably grew up on 90's Grunge rock, then Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, Jason Mrazz, Five for Fighting

:durkon: Old School Honky Tonk Country/Western. George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Pardon, Buck Owens.

:belkar: Rat-pack oldies. Especially Sinatra and Martin. And Thrash Metal, depending on his mood.

:vaarsuvius: Adult contemporary, Sting, Annie Lennox

:nale: Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Fall Out Boy

:sabine: 80's Eurotrash: Culture Club, Duran Duran, WHAM!, Eurythmics.

:thog: Childrens show's songs. Think Mr. Rogers and Barney the Dinosaur.

:xykon: N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, All Saints, Wilson Phillips

:redcloak: Folk music, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Joannie Mitchell, Cat Stevens, Simon and Garfunkel

:mitd: Hole, Yoko Ono, Bjork, Frank Zappa (and he actually gets them)

:miko: Military marches and anthems.

Teddy
2010-03-23, 12:11 PM
Now go read Keychain of Creation and bask in the fact that Secret likes Caramelldansen

Thank you for sending me on hours of reading through half of that webcomic just out of plain curiousity. Now, after finding the right one, I'm just wondering why I spend my time trying to find something that forces a will saving throw. I guess that my self-knowledge still has its bounds...

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-23, 07:10 PM
Let's put him as old LP.

But that may be more Haley than Belkar:

CRAAWWWLING IN MY SKINNNN!

THESE WOUNDS THEY WILLL NOT HEE' YALLLLL!
:P

God, one song, and people base the whole band off of it. :smalltongue:

To be fair, their older stuff was considerably more cynical-sounding than now.

Must make Will save. And Fort save. It's like the phantasmal killer, just worse!

I really thank you for the missplaced a's, å's and ä's. They give me a bonus on the roll.

Not my fault. I just copy-pasted the lyrics.

EDIT: By the way, how do you pronounce the å? And is the ä similar to the German way of pronouncing it?

zimmerwald1915
2010-03-23, 07:28 PM
:redcloak: Folk music, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Joannie Mitchell, Cat Stevens, Simon and Garfunkel
I'm not seeing it. Can you imagine Redcloak relaxing after a hard day of paladin-torturing, hitting play, and this Joan Baez track come out:

Show me a prison, show me a jail
Show me the prisoner whose face is growing pale
And I'll show you a young man
With many reasons why
And there but for fortune may go you or I

Because I can't.

If you're going for folk music because of the rebellious connotations it has picked up (very recently, only about eighty years ago, by the way), may I suggest the following (talking blues form (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talking_blues)):

Now if you want a Goblin nation let me tell you what to do
You've got to talk to the Legions in the mountains with you
You've got to build you an army got to make it strong
But if you all stick together, boys, won't be long
You'll get hydra burgers, human slaves,
Vacations with pay, take your kids to the seashore.

It ain't quite this simple so I'd better explain
Just why you got to ride on the Redcloak train
Cause if you wait for the humans to stay away
You'll all be waiting till Judgment Day
We'll all be buried, gone to the Dark One
And we'll wait for eternity even then.

It could go on, most talking blues have eight or so verses, but I'm not really that creative. In fact, these two verses were rank plagarism.

Gift Jeraff
2010-03-23, 07:42 PM
Nale would just listen to Elan's favorite songs backwards.

icastflare!
2010-03-23, 08:08 PM
:vaarsuvius: Classical
:xykon:hannah montana
:belkar: I peg him as a korn fan.
:elan:Bon jovi
:haley: pop
:durkon: country of course

Kallisti
2010-03-23, 08:31 PM
Roy would be quite into that song, I'm In Love With A Fairytale, don't you think? Heh. Heh.

And on the same level of humour, I suggest our Hobgoblin friends enjoy Lordi.

Uh, and there is this band called "Skeleton Crew". That would be Xykons favourite.

The Grateful Dead for Xykon, perhaps? And of course, Redcloak's personal theme song is "It Ain't Easy Bein' Green."

Anterean
2010-03-24, 04:30 AM
:vaarsuvius: Well we know (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0397.html) that elves enjoys the work of Judy garland

waterpenguin43
2010-03-24, 09:04 AM
:vaarsuvius: Classical. In public anyway. Steal V's iPod and you'll find a bunch of showtunes.

I think you may have stolen my iPod by accident.:smalltongue:

WreckedElf
2010-03-24, 11:02 AM
:roy: classic rock, can't think of specific examples...

:belkar: manowar; simular such heavy metal; and some random folk songs for the irony

:durkon: Johnny Cash; folk & country stuff. (He's a traditionalist... but not too conservative compared to the likes of the paladins, as seen here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0501.html), and as demonstrated by almost every apearance of Thor)

:elan: everything; it's his bardic duty and all that.

:vaarsuvius: Enya; and other stuff of that genre whatever it's called, the word evades me at the moment.

:haley: Pink; punk\rockish stuff; and maybe some metal..

:xykon: Voltaire; what little I've heard by them seemed to have that mocking cynicism that seems fitting to Xykon's style, I'd have to listen to them more to support that theory

:redcloak: classical.. don't listen to enough of that to give name anything specific, just seems fitting to me, expecially when he's acting in 'Prime Minister & Goblins Rights' mode...

Tukiko: Nightwish, or simular such stuff; perhaps becuase she'd like it, or perhaps just cause she'd think it sounds dark and dramatic and want to keep up her "dark mysterious" image.

zimmerwald1915
2010-03-24, 05:37 PM
:redcloak: classical.. don't listen to enough of that to give name anything specific, just seems fitting to me, expecially when he's acting in 'Prime Minister & Goblins Rights' mode...
Redcloak might actually use the Hymn to the Soviet Union (with reworked lyrics, obviously) when acting in official capacity. It fits, given what we've seen of Gobbotopia's flag and the textbook.

Orzel
2010-03-24, 06:35 PM
:vaarsuvius: Classical, music in a language different than the genre origin ie Japanese hip hop, German reggae

:belkar: 90's punk, show tunes, gangsta rap

:elan: everything. He's a bard. but mostly pop and meme songs

:haley: pop, hard rock, newer punk,

:durkon: dwarven version of country and folk. metal

:roy: calypso, classic rock, old hip hop dj mixes,

:xykon: music you hear in "da club"

:redcloak: older reggae, jazz, classical

Lord of Syntax
2010-03-28, 02:02 AM
:vaarsuvius: Queen, lots of queen.

:belkar: Primus and showtunes.

:elan: rush, queen, other good classic rock

:haley: My Chemical Romace.

:durkon: Rush.

:roy: Shaffer the Darklord. (Google at your own risk, Really funny but so NSFW)

:xykon: Death Metal, Thrash Metal.

:redcloak: 1970's protest songs.

CletusMusashi
2010-03-28, 11:40 PM
Electricbee, I would have figured Shojo as the Frank Zappa fan.
The MitD leans more toward Barney the dinosaur, as I suspect Thog does.
Let's see, who else..?
Durkon: Polka music. No doubt about it.
Belkar: Whatever Mr. Scruffy likes. Usually the "Meow Mix" song.
Miko: Celine Dion.
Tsukiko: Rob Zombie.
Roy: "Nowhere Man"
O-Chul: Anything he wants.
Redcloak: Anything except the theme to "Spiderman." His brother liked blues and/or country.
TGwtH: Midnight Oil
Lirian: Fleetwood Mac
V: Music is a frivolous waste of concentration and mental resources which could be much better spent mastering arcane secrets the like of which your feeble mind could not possibly even begin to fathom!
Pompey: Danny Elfman
Xykon: I think as he's aged, he's drifted into what he thinks older rebellious types are supposed to like, and has a good appreciation of the Rat Pack. It's probably a guilty pleasure of Redcloak's, too.
Nale: Whatever the opposite of Elan's music is.. as long as it doesn't have a banjo.

zimmerwald1915
2010-03-28, 11:45 PM
:redcloak: 1970's protest songs.
Still say :redcloak: prefers Huddie Ledbetter (Leadbelly), Sara Ogan, Florence Reese, Jim Garland, Woody Guthrie, Sam Gary, Josh White, Pete Seeger, Bess Lomax, Sis Cunningham, Pete Hawes, Lee Hays, oh wait this listing of names is getting boring and pretentious. I should probably have said "1940s protest songs" instead.:smallredface:

the humanity
2010-03-28, 11:56 PM
Roy- funky jazz, like some fusion, and a lot of 'dude' music, probably rap.
Haley- anything she can dance to.
Elan- as a musician, quite simply, whatever impressed him enough to make him take up his instrument. probably celtic, given the lute. it also explains why everyone else thinks he sounds terrible.
Durkon- music that reminds him of his homeland- for example, if dwarves were akin to Mexicans, he'd like mariachi. I'm feeling a slow, thick groove and a tough feel. like them blooz!!
V- something that doesn't distract him from his work. classical, smooth jazz, U2, or nothing
Belkar- something rough. punk rock.
Xykon- something new every week. mainly different forms of metal.
Redcloak- see Durkon. for goblins, a faster groove and more interesting time changes. I'm picturing goblin music sounding like jazz rock.
Miko - something that breeds elitism, with a constant defined structure. indie possibly. or metal.
MitD- anything catchy, and the stuff his friends listens to. O-Chul (I'm picturing older country) would be a large influence on him at the moment.

Half-orc Bard
2010-03-29, 12:02 AM
miko[/url]Japanese Christian Rock/hip-hop
MitDJones brothers and Hanna Montana
Nale My Chem
Red cloak The Used
Durkon Ac-Dc led zeplin
Elan The Who, Beetles, and Bob Dylan
Haily Suzie and the Banshees
Sabine Heavy metal
Roy R/B (it goes with his boring personality)
Roach Beetles
Belkar Spinal Tap and Hanna Montana
Xykon Death metal
V Classical and alternative

WowWeird
2010-03-29, 07:40 AM
When Xykon pulled his Symbol of Insanity trick, all I could think of was "Feel Good Inc." by Gorillaz

mikeejimbo
2010-03-29, 08:09 AM
I think Durkon might be into Gregorian Chants... although admittedly heavy metal is the most Viking of all the current popular genres. (At least if the Romans are to be believed about what Germanic music was like back in the 'day, that is, chiefly loud.)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-03-29, 08:10 PM
:roy: Jazz to calm down after a stressful day.
:haley: Hmmmmm, hip-hop maybe.
:durkon: I really can't say.
:vaarsuvius: Classical.
:elan: Anything on a lute but I think he'd like 80's rock.
:belkar: BLACK METAL!!!
:redcloak: See roy.
:xykon: See belkar.
:thog: Xylophone.

xelliea
2010-03-30, 09:06 AM
:belkar: heavy metal

xelliea
2010-03-30, 09:17 AM
Redcloak: This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgIqy0Bsr9E)

Lyrics below.

Our name is Orphan. Orphan

Our name is Orphan. Orphan (2x)
shall be my salvation.

My name is Orphan. Orphan (2x)
shall be our salvation.

L'Cie, open wide the promised gate of eternal light.

This would suit him but why would he listen to it??

Swordpriest
2010-04-01, 05:29 PM
Nale would just listen to Elan's favorite songs backwards.

This is definitely the funniest post in the thread. Bravo! :smallwink:

SatyreIkon
2010-04-01, 07:09 PM
Roy- The more intelligent flavours of rock
Haley- Jennifer Rush perhaps ...?
Elan- The Beach Boys
Durkon- Irish Folk
V- Doesn't matter what, as long as it is complex!
Belkar- Death Metal. Definitely. And musicals! :smallbiggrin:
Xykon- Punk Rock
Redcloak- Operatic stuff, heavy and overloaded. Like Wagner.
MitD- The Tetris melody. In its head. OVER and OVER and OVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Decoy Lockbox
2010-04-03, 09:21 PM
I'm suddenly imagining Elan singing along "Eagle Fly Free"

You have made my day, sir.

Reading this thread makes me imagine Xykon rockin' out to Alice in Chains' "Dem Bones".

Woodsman
2010-04-03, 09:28 PM
Roy would likely listen to Bon Jovi.
"Lay Your Hands on Me"? :smalltongue:

Tyrion L.
2010-04-03, 09:28 PM
:vaarsuvius: - Classical music, possibly Nightwish.

:elan: - His own music, and that of some musicals

:belkar: - Death metal, Heavy metal, Punk rock, anything you can headbang to.

:redcloak: - Classical music, Nightwish, but definately Hammerfall.

:roy: - Beatles

:xykon: - See Belkar