PDA

View Full Version : lets share recipes

Froogleyboy
2010-03-21, 04:43 PM
Okay, Let us in the playground share our recipes. Wether our own creation or otherwise, share your faveorite recipes

Jack Squat
2010-03-21, 07:24 PM
*cough* (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87639)

I know it's just about dead, but it's not quite there yet.

Hardcore
2010-03-24, 07:32 AM
The other day I tried a GI recipe that was quite nice. It was basically a Lasagne recipe, but using Zucchine instead of pasta sheets.
This was actually a much faster way of making Lasagne!
Simply use a Cheese Slicer to cut the Zucchini along the length
then place the resulting long slices on a kitchen towel. Pour some salt on them to removed excess water.When you are ready to with your other preparations simply use another towel to remove the water (and the disolved salt) from the slices, and use them as you would pasta sheets. (No worries that it will be salty. The salt is removed with the water)
Note; this recipe didn't use any white sauce for obvious reasons, simplifying preparations much. Instead it added cream.

Edited: Moved to the oter thread:)

bvdk99
2010-04-01, 11:10 PM
The other day I tried a GI recipe that was quite nice. It was basically a Lasagne recipe, but using Zucchine instead of pasta sheets.
This was actually a much faster way of making Lasagne!
Simply use a Cheese Slicer to cut the Zucchini along the length
then place the resulting long slices on a kitchen towel. Pour some salt on them to removed excess water.When you are ready to with your other preparations simply use another towel to remove the water (and the disolved salt) from the slices, and use them as you would pasta sheets. (No worries that it will be salty. The salt is removed with the water)
Note; this recipe didn't use any white sauce for obvious reasons, simplifying preparations much. Instead it added cream.

Edited: Moved to the oter thread:)

That method is similar to the one used in Eggplant Parmesan, a lasagna-like, layered casserole (obviously made with eggplant instead of zucchini).