PDA

View Full Version : What's an arcane caster to do with turn undead?

golem1972
2010-03-21, 09:31 PM
All righty then. I'm retiring my old character and bringing a new one into our current campaign. I'm still trying to cover the caster role in our group, but going for a completely different feel... I'm building a charisma based gish.

Paladin 2 / Sorcerer 4 / Spell Sword 1 / Dragonslayer 1 / Sacred Exorcist 1 / Abjurant Champion 5 / Sacred Exorcist +6

Still working on feats (beyond prereqs) and spells, but I've been wondering what to do with the turn undead uses from Sacred Exorcist. I can't DMM my arcane spells, and don't really see any good divine feats to burn them on.

Any suggestions? Or, any suggestions for a replacement for Sacred Exorcist (it is a pretty good class)?

Riffington
2010-03-21, 09:37 PM
As long as you're a Charisma-based Gish, Divine Might is always nice.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-21, 10:00 PM
There are LOTS of awesome turn based feats. The domain devotion feats (Law, Travel, and Strength are a few of the good ones), and divine feats are both excellent choices (Divine Vigor and Might are probably the best for a gish.)

AbyssKnight
2010-03-21, 10:17 PM
Qualify for Silver Pyromancer?

Replace the Sacred Exorcist +6 with Silver Pyromancer +5/Sacred Exorcist +1, then turn all your damage spells into unresistable sacred damage by combining Energy Substitution and the Sacred Flame ability

golem1972
2010-03-21, 11:01 PM
Thanks, I'd completely forgotten about the divine feats in complete warrior. Divine Might is a good feat. Divine Vigor is ok (the temp hp is nice), but a little lower on the list.

Devotion feats.... Law is pretty good, it looks like it'd synergise with Whirling Blade pretty well, but it's a swift action to use and so is Wraithstrike (but doesn't cost a feat). Being a Charisma based caster means I'll have a few uses / day. Knowledge.... well, I'll be a Sorcadin. Skill points will be a little scarce.

Divine Might and Arcane Strike so far, it's not like I have that many feats to play with anyways especially after getting into Abj. Champ. and Dragonslayer.

Last Laugh
2010-03-21, 11:25 PM
Travel devotion is pounce on steroids. Sure it blows through your swift action every round but an awesome MOVE action. (it also lasts 1 minute per use).
Yeah I'm gonna move into position and fry three guys with that sacred lightning bolt thingy the guy above me suggested.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-03-21, 11:32 PM
An Illumian with Naenhoon can do something similar to Divine Metamagic, but it works on arcane spells. It's only 2/day, but that's a Persistent Displacement and a Persistent Draconic Polymorph.

PhoenixRivers
2010-03-21, 11:39 PM
Note: Wraithstrike can be extended, which will give you 2 rounds of function.

Also, note that animal devotion grants movement modes, speed increases, attack types, or attribute boosts. Lasts 1 minute per use, and only requires a swift to activate.

A bit of extra strength or a fly speed at low levels is absolutely phenomenal. The Str scales, granting you extra bonuses as you level (keeping it relevant), and the Flight is a Supernatural ability, which means it can't be dispelled.

In short? It's good stuff.