PDA

View Full Version : Dire weasals

Adonis1x23
2010-03-21, 10:23 PM
How would you advance a dire weasal past 9 hd?

My player is a kobold ranger that took levels in wild plains outrider and a beast master dip, so his dire weasel is now past the level 9 hd, but I'm not sure what to do with it now.

Would you just throw templates on? Increase the size again--which would be ridiculous.

Where are the rules for such a thing?

Runestar
2010-03-21, 10:25 PM
Just keep adding the HD on, and improve its basic stats (eg: hp, bab, skill points, saves, feats) as appropriate. Ignore any limits their entry may state.

They never improve a size category from this sort of HD advancement. And it may allow them to exceed their normal allotment of HD.

jiriku
2010-03-21, 10:27 PM
Advancement HD gained from making a creature a high-level character's animal companion is handled differently from normal advancement as described in the Monster Manual. Animal companion advancement ignores the normal Max HD guideline, and never increases the animal's size. You can advance that weasel to your heart's content. Check the animal companion rules in the druid class description for details.

Adonis1x23
2010-03-21, 10:27 PM
Do you have a reference I could check? For like examples and stuff?

Edit: Thanks

Runestar
2010-03-22, 12:46 AM
It is mentioned in the 3.5 FAQ. Search for it on the wotc site, I am at work now, so it is not convenient to search for the related entry and post it. Sorry. :smalltongue: