PDA

View Full Version : [D20 Modern] Purchasing Multiple Items

AintThatASeamus
2010-03-22, 12:26 AM
Within the D20 Modern wealth system, are there any special rules regarding buying multiple items of a single type at one time? Nothing I can recall reading suggests that there is, and I know that the part of the point of wealth bonus is to say that certain purchases are just within a character's means and so you shouldn't sweat them. But it seems to me that there should be some difference between buying one suit, plane ticket, grenade, or clip of ammo, and buying 10, or 100, or 1,000. I'm sure a GM can make a ruling on that, but I would love to know if there was an official rule for it one way or the other.

Beleriphon
2010-03-22, 01:00 AM
Within the D20 Modern wealth system, are there any special rules regarding buying multiple items of a single type at one time? Nothing I can recall reading suggests that there is, and I know that the part of the point of wealth bonus is to say that certain purchases are just within a character's means and so you shouldn't sweat them. But it seems to me that there should be some difference between buying one suit, plane ticket, grenade, or clip of ammo, and buying 10, or 100, or 1,000. I'm sure a GM can make a ruling on that, but I would love to know if there was an official rule for it one way or the other.

I'm pretty sure it increases the check by 1 for every 5 extra items. I'd need to dig my books out of storage, but the equipment chapter should provide the required info.