PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need to fit a Megaraptor into my pocket

nargbop
2010-03-22, 01:17 AM
I will soon play an Arcane Heirophant. This is a dual-progression arcane and druid PrC, with a unique feature : you discard your familiar and most of your animal companions, and gain a familiar companion. Take an animal companion from the normal Druid set, and apply your familiar benefits from your arcane class, including Intelligence.
In this case, it will be a 24-foot-long megaraptor with Permanent Tongues and a penchant for top hats. This will be a very serious game.
Right! The question for you fine people is, how do I take him into a dungeon?
The Familiar Pocket from Spell Compendium is too small. Maybe there are similar spells.
Portable Hole from DMG is also too small. Bigger ones?
Reduce Person won't work, political correctness aside. Is there a Reduce Monster spell?

HunterOfJello
2010-03-22, 01:37 AM
lvl 6 Wizard spell Familiar Refuge from Complete Mage

"You instantly transport yourself to your familiar, or your familiar to you, as greater teleport. You can't bring any other living creatures with you."

Familiar's Belt can do the same thing for a tiny or smaller familiar, but yours is rather large.

HunterOfJello
2010-03-22, 01:43 AM
Even better! the Belt of Many Pockets!

a 11000 gp belt that has lots of pockets that work as small bags of holding. check this part out though:

"In addition, if the wearer has a familiar, any pouch can hold it no matter what its size or weight."

(Full info is in Complete Arcane pg 147-148)

~~

I wish I could see the faces of people at your game when you open one of your pockets and a megaraptor jumps out

BIRDMANﺕ
2010-03-22, 01:45 AM
I love megaraptors :)

Darrin
2010-03-22, 07:56 AM
Shrink Collar, Arms & Equipment Guide, 10000 GP. Changes the size of any creature to small. You can put it on or take it off whenever, and it's not restricted to animals so you can even resize PCs if need be.

There's also a Token Familiar feat from Dragon #280 that turns your familiar into a pokeball-sized figurine, but I'm not sure how that would interact with Arcane Hierophant.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-22, 10:11 AM
Even better! the Belt of Many Pockets!
a 11000 gp belt that has lots of pockets that work as small bags of holding. check this part out though:
"In addition, if the wearer has a familiar, any pouch can hold it no matter what its size or weight."
(Full info is in Complete Arcane pg 147-148)
~~
I wish I could see the faces of people at your game when you open one of your pockets and a megaraptor jumps out

(Assuming DM approval) I am so getting one of these for my Beastmaster (fixed to allow full level Companions instead of the pants ones it normally gets). Suddenly Dire Lion, Rhino and a Whale from my belt. FEAR MY CROTCH MONSTERS!!! :smallbiggrin:

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-22, 10:28 AM
(Assuming DM approval) I am so getting one of these for my Beastmaster (fixed to allow full level Companions instead of the pants ones it normally gets). Suddenly Dire Lion, Rhino and a Whale from my belt. FEAR MY CROTCH MONSTERS!!! :smallbiggrin:

Well, you now know why Pokemon is called Pocket Monsters in Japan.

Party in my pants!

Fishy
2010-03-22, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately, the text states that you have to dismiss your Familiar and are never allowed to summon one again, and you get the Familiar Companion instead: Technically, the Familiar Companion isn't a Familiar.

So the Belt of Pockets, Familiar Refuge, and Token Familiar are pretty firmly in 'May or may not work, ask your DM' territory.

Megaraptor in a top hat, though? I'd be willing to bend the rules a little.

Roderick_BR
2010-03-22, 11:11 AM

Megaraptor, I choose you!

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-22, 11:14 AM
Megaraptor, I choose you!

I need someone to run a Pokemon d20 game. The last one lasted 1/2 a battle before it died. I was wanting my Mind-Flayer (who I'd nickname Squiddy obviously :smallbiggrin:)

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-03-22, 11:48 AM

Someone has to figure out how to do this with a purple worm.

2xMachina
2010-03-22, 12:14 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/296/11/

^ :)

LichPrinceAlim
2010-03-22, 01:28 PM
I have a great counter question:

WHY IN CHRIST'S NAME DO YOU WANT TO PUT A MEGARAPTOR IN YOUR FRIGGEN' POCKET?!?!

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-22, 01:32 PM

WHY IN CHRIST'S NAME DO YOU WANT TO PUT A MEGARAPTOR IN YOUR FRIGGEN' POCKET?!?!

Right! The question for you fine people is, how do I take him into a dungeon?...

Answered in OP.

Savannah
2010-03-22, 01:43 PM
I can't help you with your problem, sadly, but may I congratulate you on the best thread title ever? Hope your DM allows one of the methods suggested, as that is hilarious.

absolmorph
2010-03-22, 02:13 PM

Well... Why not?

EDIT: sofawall has a point.

sofawall
2010-03-22, 02:22 PM

I'd like to ask you not to make your text size 7. It is just too large.