PDA

View Full Version : "Bow down before me, impotent worm"

Amiel
2010-03-22, 03:49 AM
"...and have some chocolate. Don't eat it all at once; save some for later."

You've recently undergone apotheosis or may have been a deity for uncountable centuries. Your worship may stretch the length and breadth of a continent, or it could be held within a small city-state; or it may be anything in between. Congregations flock to your banner, prostrating themselves before your deific omnipotence (in religious tracts, if not in actuality). Holy days are submitted to you, gold and untold values are bequeathed for your sufferance, and hymns are composed to honor and exult you.

What would you be a deity of (what would your portfolio be)?
What divine rank?
What alignment would you be?
What would your dogma be?
What you be venerated (and loathed) out of fear or worshipped and adored out of respect and love?
What specific servants and servitors would serve you?
What would your favoured weapon look like?
Is your divinity dependent on faith or will you exist irrespective of the number of worshippers?
What domains will you embody and grant?
What is your influence amongst the Realities (planes)?
Who amongst the prominent personages would you see as allies and enemies?

Harperfan7
2010-03-22, 04:28 AM
(What would you be a deity of?): Individuals, freedom, wandering

(What divine rank?): Probably intermediate.

(What alignment would you be?): Chaotic Good

(What would your dogma be?): Do what you will, if it harm none (except those who harm others). Do what you think is best, even if that means doing nothing at all. Never lust for power for its own sake. Never allow tyranny a permanent victory. Strive for individual freedom, both for yourself and others. The individual comes before the whole, freedom comes before safety. The world is deep and wide in many ways, strive to see it. Make the world a better and more interesting place. Improve quality of life and you improve existence. The mind is the individuals greatest possession. Responsibility is the cost of freedom, never leave a task to others that you can do yourself. Help those who cannot help themselves, encourage those who can. Walk the line between minding your own business and meddling for the benefit of others.

(Would you be venerated (and loathed) out of fear or worshipped and adored out of respect and love?): I would treat mortals as allies and partners, not worshippers or servants. As such, my religion wouldn't involve much worshipping so much as just doing or being. As to the question, probably all depending on who you are asking. A power hungry tyrant or psychopath would fear me and vice versa.

(What specific servants and servitors would serve you?): Well, individuals, meaning those who overcome resistance in doing what they think best. I imagine elves, gnomes, humans, and halflings would make the core of my worshippers, but literally any being that strives to make the world a better place for the individual has good reason to worship me. As far as outsiders, definitely eladrin.

(What would your favoured weapon look like?): "Freewill", a green flame over the silhouette of an open hand, palm facing viewer (my symbol). This means an unarmed strike or touch (melee or ranged). This represents individual ability (specifically arcane magic, which is the best path to individual freedom).

My domains would be Chaos, Good, Knowledge, and Travel. Prestige domains would be celerity and liberation.

NOTE: My favorite deity is Trithereon, followed by Corellon, so I made myself sort of a combo of the two.

druid91
2010-03-22, 07:03 AM
What would you be a deity of? Intelligent/genre savvy evil./ Confusion
What divine rank? Intermediate or greater
What alignment would you be? chaotic neutral
What would your dogma be? If your going to be evil Do it intelligently. and if not at least be nice about it you will confuse the heck out of the heroes when you hand them cookies and then pull out the huge cannon mentioned below and start shooting.
What you be venerated (and loathed) out of fear or worshipped and adored out of respect and love? by most anyway my trolls and ilithid worshipers would mostly have nothing to fear.
What specific servants and servitors would serve you? My army of super trolls from the 'you are a survivor' thread and their ilithid overlords. that and maybe something funny like candy corn vampires or something.
A huge scary steampunk-ish looking cannon. With Plush dolls and stickers of chibi characters attached to it.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-22, 07:22 AM
What would you be a deity of? Intelligent/genre savvy evil./ Confusion
What divine rank? Intermediate or greater
What alignment would you be? chaotic neutral
What would your dogma be? If your going to be evil Do it intelligently. and if not at least be nice about it you will confuse the heck out of the heroes when you hand them cookies and then pull out the huge cannon mentioned below and start shooting.
What you be venerated (and loathed) out of fear or worshipped and adored out of respect and love? by most anyway my trolls and ilithid worshipers would mostly have nothing to fear.
What specific servants and servitors would serve you? My army of super trolls from the 'you are a survivor' thread and their ilithid overlords. that and maybe something funny like candy corn vampires or something.
A huge scary steampunk-ish looking cannon. With Plush dolls and stickers of chibi characters attached to it.

The deity of genre savvy evil is chaotic neutral? :smallconfused:

Optimystik
2010-03-22, 07:33 AM
Domains should definitely be a part of this. (I'd also suggest a broader thread title - not everyone would be a god like that.)

I'd probably be a cross between Zuoken and Desharis - exemplifying the limitless potential of the human mind. I'll bang out a dogma later.

druid91
2010-03-22, 07:37 AM
The deity of genre savvy evil is chaotic neutral? :smallconfused:
Yes, because he knows if he actually becomes evil enough to be called evil plucky young adventurers and there old mentor who happens to be the only individual with knowledge of how to stop his plans will show up. :smalltongue: besides he is also the deity of confusion so his job is to confuse you.

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-22, 07:40 AM
Yes, because he knows if he actually becomes evil enough to be called evil plucky young adventurers and there old mentor who happens to be the only individual with knowledge of how to stop his plans will show up. :smalltongue:

But if he isn't evil he's not going to be able to take over the world without becoming evil...

druid91
2010-03-22, 07:46 AM
But if he isn't evil he's not going to be able to take over the world without becoming evil...

Not necessarily, Besides who said his plan was to take over the world? His plan is to drive paladins bonkers, because it is fun.

Amiel
2010-03-22, 07:52 AM
More questions added! :smallsmile:
Thanks

druid91
2010-03-22, 08:00 AM
Is your divinity dependent on faith or will you exist irrespective of the number of worshippers?

What domains will you embody and grant? Chaos, Fire, and something related to storytelling.

What is your influence amongst the Realities (planes)? One area of the astral plane is the steampunk chibi-verse with candycorn vampires.

Who amongst the prominent personages would you see as allies and enemies? paladins would think I'm annoying everyone else (besides my worshipers) would probably say "Wait, what did you say destroyed your birthday cake Sir Notappearinginthisfilm?"

Mongoose87
2010-03-22, 08:25 AM
What would you be a deity of (what would your portfolio be)? Duty, Trade and Breakfast Foods
What divine rank? Intermediate
What alignment would you be? LN
What would your dogma be? Always work against protectionism. Enjoy the holy sacrament of breakfast.
What you be venerated (and loathed) out of fear or worshipped and adored out of respect and love? Both.
What specific servants and servitors would serve you? Economists, Judges and breakfast chefs
What would your favoured weapon look like? Pitchspoons
Is your divinity dependent on faith or will you exist irrespective of the number of worshippers? Believers may come and go, but breakfast will always rule
What domains will you embody and grant? Law, Trade, Travel
Who amongst the prominent personages would you see as allies and enemies? Lenin, Marx and those who leave a tiny amount in the bottom of the milk carton that is sufficient to prevent one from throwing it out, but insufficient to eat a bowl of cereal with

Kurald Galain
2010-03-22, 08:39 AM
What would you be a deity of (what would your portfolio be)? The Internet
What divine rank? Pretty high, and rising.
What alignment would you be? CN, obviously.
What would your dogma be? Information Wants To Be Free.
What you be venerated (and loathed) out of fear or worshipped and adored out of respect and love? That sentence doesn't parse.
What specific servants and servitors would serve you? Geeks worldwide.
What would your favoured weapon look like? A banhammer.
Is your divinity dependent on faith or will you exist irrespective of the number of worshippers? There's no stopping me.
What domains will you embody and grant? Knowledge and fire.
What is your influence amongst the Realities (planes)? Nobody admits to it but everybody checks the 'net for information anyway.
Who amongst the prominent personages would you see as allies and enemies? Sages, bards and teenagers, I suppose.

Optimystik
2010-03-22, 08:43 AM
What would you be a deity of? Humanity, psionics, the collective unconscious, the mind, Elans.

What divine rank? Lesser - narrow focus. I'd probably serve a larger deity of psionics, knowledge or community.

Domains: Mind, Mentalism, Community, Destiny, Pride.

What alignment would you be? True Neutral - I accept humans, half-humans and elans of all stripes among my faithful.

What would your dogma be?

There is no limit to what humanity can accomplish by combining our thoughts to a common purpose. Tolerate other races, but never acknowledge their superiority. Elans represent the logical conclusion of human ingenuity - to conquer every frontier impeding our progress, including death itself. Always seek to improve yourself, no matter your chosen profession - complacence grants other races more advantage atop what they already possess. Humanity's mind is its greatest weapon, and mastery of psionics allows us to work together in ways that no other profession allows.

Would you be venerated (and loathed) out of fear, or worshipped and adored out of respect and love? Loved by humans and Elans, probably not popular among other races.

What specific servants and servitors would serve you? Phrenic Outsiders of all alignments would unite beneath my banner. Phrenic Celestials would seek harmony with other races, while Phrenic Fiends would seek to subjugate them - these conflicting desires would mirror similar drives in humanity itself. I would also have Melds (Hyperconscious.)

What would your favoured weapon look like? A crystal quarterstaff.

More questions added! :smallsmile:
Thanks

What is your influence amongst the Realities (planes)? Naturally, I would inhabit the Astral Plane, as it is the nexus of all thought in the multiverse.

Who amongst the prominent personages would you see as allies and enemies?

Not sure what this means. How would other deities view me? Powerful but non-divine beings? How other classes would view my faithful? :smallconfused: