PDA

View Full Version : Essential Artificer Items by Level

Vangor
2010-03-22, 10:19 AM
We'll be starting a new if short campaign soon, about a week, and with the overview from the DM I plan to be an Artificer for our group. Pretty much any rules outside of the magazines are available, and I will be using a Strongheart Halfling with Flaws (presumably Inattentive/Feeble and Noncombatant to fit with the small, focused magic item user character). Starting level is 7, and I want to create a set of gear in order to use my reserve and wealth by level (19,000g as standard) moderately well with a decent amount of utility for a small group as opposed to raw, personal strength.

Currently for first level I am taking Legendary and Extraordinary Artisan, and for 3rd level I will be taking Magical Artisan [Wondrous Item] from PGtF, potentially [Scribe Scroll] first level as well, but feat thoughts are welcome. The effects are additive rather than multiplicative so strictly 50% off the XP and GP for those items, so not sure how the RAW or RAI play but this is how we're using em. Slight overrun of Reserve is allowed, 5% at most, but this is taken 25x from my GP (akin to item cost) and cannot be used for additional items.

We've already agreed on a +5UMD Wondrous Item, presumably gloves, so 625GP and 60 Reserve XP are gone from 3rd level. My hope is to have a good amount of scrolls, potions, and random multi-charge items alongside a few usual pieces to help myself, but I am a tad overwhelmed because we almost never use crafting. Looking for any suggestions on gear to include with no decision yet for the 4th 1st Feat, the 3rd level Feat, the 4th level Bonus Feat, or the 6th level Feat, so consider those open alongside skills.

Any help is appreciated, but I am not expecting someone to line by line give me a list per level to use my Reserve extra efficiently, just what can be done at what level you might want. Of course, if you have a link to such a line by line list, feel free. Thanks for any assistance.