PDA

View Full Version : Mission (kind of) accomplished!

Syka
2010-03-22, 02:28 PM
I landed my first internship/job/research position/whatever you want to call it! :smallbiggrin:

Long story short, my first foray's into the business world were last August when I began my MBA. I have no background in business whatsoever. But I'm going for a killer deal, and it'll be good for me to have. If nothing else, I figured it'll be a good learning experience and give me useful skills.

Last Thursday a teacher approached my International Business class looking for an MBA student to help him do an International Market Study for a local business wishing to expand internationally. He was looking for 1 MBA and 1 undergraduate student.

As marketing is the closest I've come to finding something in business I like, especially the international aspect, (I'm OK with Finance, decent with Accounting, and loathe Economics), I jumped at the chance. He said he'd gotten emails from several good students and he'd get back to us after the weekend.

I ran into him today on campus. He hasn't sent the notes out to everyone yet, but he said I'm the one he picked for the MBA student. :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

I had to tell someone since I'm not supposed to really talk much about it. But...WOOHOO!

Supagoof
2010-03-22, 02:40 PM
Congratulations Syka. It's probably safe to post here, as the chance of one of the other applicants isn't amember of the playground.

But I'm going to go twitter it, and there's a good chance they follow my tweets, so now your in trouble. :smallamused:
Just kidding. I don't tweet.
Anyway - a well deserved opportunity for you!

Ilena
2010-03-22, 02:55 PM
Woot! I hope it goes well for ya!!!

Pyrian
2010-03-22, 03:22 PM
Hooray! Congratulations! And best wishes going forward! :smallcool:

faerwain
2010-03-22, 04:18 PM
Hey, big congratulations! Have fun/success!