PDA

View Full Version : 1st lvl Reptilian character.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-22, 06:15 PM
Ok some of you my remember my thread about a new campaing and a new character, well now I have some of the specifics for it and I come from the collective knowledge of the playground.

The setting is a homebrew one, where basically due some cosmic entities, instead of mamalian life developing as controllers of the world, reptilian races (Kobolds, lizardfokls... I believe Yuan-tis were mentioned) are the ones in control. Basically is a world controlled by the saurian races.

Lizardfolk have a militaristic society, where strength is the most appreciated quality.

Kobolds have a more "scientific" world view, they are the wizard, artifecers, etc of the world. Warforged are their creations, they are now experimenting in other types of warforged, the wooden ones, psyforged (in fact one of my buddies is playing the first psyforged ever)

And Yuan-ti are the equivalent of drows in this society, bloody backstabbers who hate other races

While saurians control the world, there are semi-barbaric tribes of humanoids such as elves, humans, dwarfs, etc.

Now conidering the above, does the playground have any idea on how to make the most out of this setting

We are starting at level 1
We are allowed any book, but setting specific stuff is on case by case basis (I am hopping for serpent kingdoms just because it makes sense).
4d6b3 for stats.

I was considering playing a kobold, just because they are awesome, other options are a warforged for a more martial character.

Dresil
2010-03-22, 11:37 PM
Try for a Poisondusk (MM3)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-22, 11:38 PM
Try for a Poisondusk (MM3)

LA +1 so unplayable for this game , besides I have alreadt played one.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-23, 12:00 AM
Skarn and Rilkan are Humanoids with the Reptilian subtype. Magic of Incarnum.

Keld Denar
2010-03-23, 12:05 AM
Dang it Sinfire...I was just about to mention those.

I like Skarn. That natural weapon is handy, and +str is great for most melee folks.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-23, 12:06 AM
Dang it Sinfire...I was just about to mention those.

I like Skarn. That natural weapon is handy, and +str is great for most melee folks.

I was going to mention Dragonborn, but they are Dragonic and only have the Reptilian Subtype if the base race all ready had it.

HunterOfJello
2010-03-23, 12:09 AM
http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Races.pdf

check out the Reptillian section

it contains all the types of kobolds, Lizardfolk and Poison Lizardfolk

Saurian Shifters come to mind since they partially transform into dinosaurs

*edit*

there's also the Tortles who are turtle humanoids, Raptorans who have wings, Phanaton who are flying squirrels or some ****

*edit2*

killoren might fit too

at least they're green, that's got to count for something among dinosaurs

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/row_gallery/86635.jpg

*edit3*

Changelings should still fit in the setting since they can shapechange into any humanoid close to their form including kobolds and such.

*edit4*

wow lots of edits.

there's also the Ophidian race from the Fiend Folio. The race doesn't have a stated LA or ECL, but could be converted into a character race easily.