PDA

View Full Version : Kratos v.s Dragon Age : Archdemon

ArlEammon
2010-03-22, 07:58 PM
Kratos, from God of War, arrives in Thedas after his death. . .He promptly kills a Broodmother, after finding himself in the Deep Roads. Then, he joins a Grey Warden, and his companions to take down the Archdemon. After a somewhat easier journey than what players have in-game, Kratos realizes he can kill the Archdemon without dying with the power he was given by Pandora's box (Hope). All of the defenders with brought the Grey Wardens have either died or are defending the Gates after assaulting Fort Drakon.

So killing the Archdemon is up to Kratos.

Arakune
2010-03-22, 08:03 PM
Doesn't he kill Archdemon level creatures for a pseudo-living?

ArlEammon
2010-03-22, 08:04 PM
Doesn't he kill Archdemon level creatures for a pseudo-living?

No... The Archdemon is more like a Final Boss for Kratos.

Jerthanis
2010-03-22, 08:07 PM
It might take Kratos long enough to fill a commercial.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-03-22, 08:14 PM
I want to say the Archdemon would destroy Kratos on principal, since I think he's an incredibly dislikeable character, but having watched an entire playthrough of God of War III, I have to agree with the others. Kratos wins in typical gory fashion. He could kill the Archdemon in his sleep.

ArlEammon
2010-03-22, 08:15 PM
What if the Archdemon has all his soldiers with him?

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-22, 08:18 PM
What if the Archdemon has all his soldiers with him?

Kratos wins.

Even if all seven Archdemons and the entirety of Thedas were arrayed against him, Kratos still wins.

It's kind of like Van Helsing (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/1/19/), only it applies to everyone instead of just monsters.

chiasaur11
2010-03-22, 08:26 PM
Kratos wins.

Even if all seven Archdemons and the entirety of Thedas were arrayed against him, Kratos still wins.

It's kind of like Van Helsing (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/1/19/), only it applies to everyone instead of just monsters.

I still say Marvel's Hercules would good naturedly snap him like a twig with a backslap.

Mikeavelli
2010-03-22, 08:32 PM
doesn't anyone read the fluff anymore?

The Archdemon dies, then it reincarnates in the nearest Darkspawn.

It promptly dies again, and reincarnates in the nearest Darkspawn. Again.

Rinse and Repeat until Kratos finally runs out of health.

ArlEammon
2010-03-22, 08:33 PM
According to Arminite "Fluff" Kratos'es power of Hope kills it for good. ;)

Tavar
2010-03-22, 08:47 PM
Doesn't Kratos get health from killing things? Also, the darkspawn are about on the level on normal Humans, yes? If so...um...couldn't he go through practically unlimited numbers of them?

Graymayre
2010-03-22, 08:59 PM
Kratos has expertise in the field of killing deitic creatures. How can an archdemon be a fitting fight when his opponent killed nearly every god in the Greek Pantheon?

ArlEammon
2010-03-22, 09:01 PM
Kratos has expertise in the field of killing deitic creatures. How can an archdemon be a fitting fight when his opponent killed nearly every god in the Greek Pantheon?

I've debated here before about the Greek Gods of GOW being on Azeroth. . .

The argument was that the Greek Gods were more like demi gods at best, except for Zeus.

hanzo66
2010-03-22, 09:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Kratos will have little trouble trouncing Darkspawn hordes. Emissaries/Revenants might be kind of an annoyance at best and the Archdemon isn't too different from most of the non-Olympian bosses of the game.

This is a guy to whom Deicide is just part of life.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-03-22, 09:40 PM
Unstoppable Killing Machine v Dragon I solo'd with a level 17, dual-wielding Rogue.
I'mma put my money on Kratos, here.

Mando Knight
2010-03-22, 09:43 PM
Rinse and Repeat until Kratos finally runs out of health.

Kratos claws his way out of Hades. Again. The two fight for all eternity. Other deities rejoice: that's two super-deadly beings that they don't have to worry about for a long time. :smalltongue:

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-03-22, 09:51 PM
Kratos claws his way out of Hades. Again. The two fight for all eternity. Other deities rejoice: that's two super-deadly beings that they don't have to worry about for a long time. :smalltongue:

Except this time he claws his way out of the Fade. I'm willing to bet he'd be able to singlehandedly assault The Black City. :smalleek:

chiasaur11
2010-03-22, 09:55 PM
So, what fictitious pantheons would have a chance?

I mean, I think Dunmanifestin might survive, if only due to Cohen not wanting someone else to steal his glory, and Volstagg would ensure Marvel's Asgard's survival...

ZeroNumerous
2010-03-22, 10:02 PM
So, what fictitious pantheons would have a chance?

I mean, I think Dunmanifestin might survive, if only due to Cohen not wanting someone else to steal his glory, and Volstagg would ensure Marvel's Asgard's survival...

Anyone in the Nasuverse more or less rocks his socks. Particularly that guy who can kill the very concept of Life out of Kratos.

Mando Knight
2010-03-22, 10:06 PM
Particularly that guy who can kill the very concept of Life out of Kratos.

Kratos has no concept of Life. Just death and RAGE. :smalltongue:

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-03-22, 10:09 PM
You forgot REVENGE!!!

Graymayre
2010-03-22, 10:14 PM
I've debated here before about the Greek Gods of GOW being on Azeroth. . .

The argument was that the Greek Gods were more like demi gods at best, except for Zeus.

didn't he kill zeus in the second game?

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-03-22, 10:14 PM

No, Athena got in the way. He doesn't kill Zeus until the end of the third game.

Tavar
2010-03-22, 10:24 PM
Any of the god from David Weber's War God's Own series could do it. They can destroy the world whenever they wish(of course, doing so would be counter productive towards their goals).

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-03-23, 04:42 AM

No, Athena got in the way. He doesn't kill Zeus until the end of the third game.

Man. Exchanges like this one is why I love GoW. :smallbiggrin:

Drascin
2010-03-23, 05:17 AM
Anyone in the Nasuverse more or less rocks his socks. Particularly that guy who can kill the very concept of Life out of Kratos.

Eh, you don't even need to resort to Shiki - besides, Shiki is still as delicate as a normal human, so it's a matter of first hit wins. Granted, being that Shiki seems to have a concept of what ambush and surprise attack mean and an actual brain, that's probably in his advantage, but still, not assured win.

Really, just sic Nero on him. Aoko or Arc would probably be massive overkill.

As for actual thread topic: Yeah, the Archdemon is kind of a wimp. Wouldn't last thirty seconds against Kratos. Midboss at best, really.

hanzo66
2010-03-23, 09:25 AM
In the Type-Moon universe, I'd say Kratos would rank as being BAHSAHKAH 2.0 or something. While I'm hardly someone who has a full understanding of the setting, I guess I'd agree that he would have little chance with the really higher ups of the setting.

He would make a suitable subsitute for BAHSAHKAH though. Ilya just needs to get to his Papa Wolf nature.

Lord of Rapture
2010-03-23, 09:28 AM
In the Type-Moon universe, I'd say Kratos would rank as being BAHSAHKAH 2.0 or something. While I'm hardly someone who has a full understanding of the setting, I guess I'd agree that he would have little chance with the really higher ups of the setting.

He would make a suitable subsitute for BAHSAHKAH though. Ilya just needs to get to his Papa Wolf nature.

They both enjoy killing. A lot. They'd make a great pair. :smallbiggrin:

ArlEammon
2010-03-23, 09:55 AM
I'm really surprised that everyone thinks the Archdemon is such a wimp. Most last bosses can be defeated by four main characters. With the Archdemon it takes Bann Teagan, First Enchanter Irving, Kardol, along with your four characters, and an added supply of 12-50 soldiers along time to fight. These soldiers include Mages that have staff magic and powerful spells.

God of War doesn't have the same kind of magic as Dragon Age.

Tavar
2010-03-23, 10:11 AM
Right, but you're forgetting something else. Kratos kills gods. They might really be more on the level of Demigods, but the Archdemons aren't even that that powerful.

ArlEammon
2010-03-23, 10:14 AM
Right, but you're forgetting something else. Kratos kills gods. They might really be more on the level of Demigods, but the Archdemons aren't even that that powerful.

Be sure to take that up with him yourself. ;)

And while I'm impressed with the level 17 roge who soloed the Archdemon, I have personal experience with a level 21 Mage who fought the Archdemon with his three team mates. They took two tries to kill it.

Tavar
2010-03-23, 10:51 AM
Oh, I'm not saying that the Archdemons aren't powerful, but that they aren't as powerful as the bosses Kratos manages to kill on his own. I mean, I don't think anyone would argue that a Knight wasn't a powerful combatant in the Middle Age Battle Field. That doesn't mean that he's still powerful in the battlefield of the 1940's.

Lord Blace
2010-03-23, 10:58 AM

And while I'm impressed with the level 17 roge who soloed the Archdemon, I have personal experience with a level 21 Mage who fought the Archdemon with his three team mates. They took two tries to kill it.

And I have seen, with my own eyes, my friend's party all dropped, except the mabari, by the tainted dragon, and then, the dog solo the dragon using the ballistas near by. Yes. A dog killing a dragon with a ballista. Much laughter was had.

Kratos is just a powerhouse. A powerhouse of anger and rage and revenge-lust. I'd cast my bet in favor of the Ghost of Sparta.

chiasaur11
2010-03-23, 10:58 AM
Oh, I'm not saying that the Archdemons aren't powerful, but that they aren't as powerful as the bosses Kratos manages to kill on his own. I mean, I don't think anyone would argue that a Knight wasn't a powerful combatant in the Middle Age Battle Field. That doesn't mean that he's still powerful in the battlefield of the 1940's.

A viking, however? (http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2008/03/27/thursday-whos-who-viking-commando/)

ArlEammon
2010-03-23, 11:00 AM

Uh, I saw Kratos kill Poseidon, Helios, and Hades . . .I'm not that impressed. Now, I haven't seen him take Zeus on except for the God of War II battle. If Zeus is more powerful than the Archdemon, maybe I'll give Kratos more consideration. But I still consider this more like an equal duel than a curbstomp in Kratos'es favor.

ZeroNumerous
2010-03-23, 11:05 AM

And while I'm impressed with the level 17 rogue who soloed the Archdemon, I have personal experience with a level 21 Mage who fought the Archdemon with his three team mates. They took two tries to kill it.

That might just be you. I've soloed the Archdemon with a level 20 Warrior/Berserker. My mage team(shapeshifter/arcane warrior PC+Morrigan+Wynne+Alistair) handily crushed it without even losing a single person. The archdemon is a joke, and I found the Brood Mother much harder to fight.

ArlEammon
2010-03-23, 11:10 AM
True, the bandits are harder than the Archdemon in game mechanics, but not in fluff.

Mando Knight
2010-03-23, 11:13 AM

The first one he kills is 50 feet tall, has pesky spider-leg-things that kill you strapped to his back, and used to be Kratos's boss. Kratos killed him and took his spot. Then he killed all of the heroes of Greece one by one. Then all of the rest of the gods of Greece. Now, I haven't played GoW III, but I expect that a couple Titans bite the dust, too.

Oh, and the Archdemon has wings. Other than gods, the one thing Kratos hates most is other people having wings.

Proof: Just look at all of his kill moves against something with wings. He rips them off. Harpies, manticores, Icarus, whatever it is, if it's got wings, it won't after Kratos is done.

ArlEammon
2010-03-23, 11:15 AM
Incuding Gaia.

chiasaur11
2010-03-23, 11:18 AM
Then he killed all of the heroes of Greece one by one.

Not Odysseus!

Odysseus could totally take Kratos.

Graymayre
2010-03-23, 11:31 AM
Not Odysseus!

Odysseus could totally take Kratos.

I can see Theseus also managing to beat Kratos. During his travel to fight the Minotaur, he did nothing but trick people to their death.

hanzo66
2010-03-23, 12:40 PM
Actually, I believe that the heroes that Kratos has managed to kill are Theseus, Perseus, Icarus, maybe Daedalus and Hercules. Jason was dead by the time he got to him and Odysseus was never encountered.

Gods he's killed:
Ares
Athena
Charon (not an actual god I believe, but still a significant figure)
Persephone
Poseidon
Hades
Hera
Helios
Hermes
Zeus
The Sisters of Fate (not actual Gods, but still significant)

Titans:
Cronos
Gaia

Not sure if I'm missing anyone though...

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-23, 12:47 PM
I think the only god Kratos hasn't killed, directly or indirectly, is Aphrodite.

Though he had his way of getting red orbs from her, so it is a form of conquest.

Orzel
2010-03-23, 06:46 PM
The Archdemon.

Dragon Age is too anti-solomelee without cheese or healing.
If Kratos lacks potions or a magic buddy, he'll take damage too quickly, get stunlocked, and die.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-03-23, 06:51 PM
Actually, I believe that the heroes that Kratos has managed to kill are Theseus, Perseus, Icarus, maybe Daedalus and Hercules. Jason was dead by the time he got to him and Odysseus was never encountered.

Gods he's killed:
Ares
Athena
Charon (not an actual god I believe, but still a significant figure)
Persephone
Poseidon
Hades
Hera
Helios
Hermes
Zeus
The Sisters of Fate (not actual Gods, but still significant)

Titans:
Cronos
Gaia

Not sure if I'm missing anyone though...
You forgot Hephaestus, though that's more "Kratos defends himself and the god accidentally impales himself with his own forging apparatus."

He also meets Hercules on Mount Olympus and punches his head off.

And on his way up the mountain he kills that one titan with rock or lava for skin. The one Helios was fighting before Kratos intervened.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-03-23, 06:54 PM
I think the only god Kratos hasn't killed, directly or indirectly, is Aphrodite.

Though he had his way of getting red orbs from her, so it is a form of conquest.

Actually, I don't think any of the games mention him fighting Dionysus.

ArlEammon
2010-03-23, 06:56 PM
Dionysus would win. He taught the Shao Lin Drunken Man after all.

GoC
2010-03-23, 06:58 PM
He also meets Hercules on Mount Olympus and punches his head off.
I'm guessing this is quite a different Heracles from the one in Greek mythology then? Then again... they're probably all different given that Zeus killed this thing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhon). Yeah, you read that right. It throws mountains.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-03-23, 06:59 PM
Kratos wins. Put anything up against Kratos, and he wins.

If he loses, the man will claw his way out of hell, kill fate itself, and then go back in time, just so he can win.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-03-23, 07:02 PM
I'm guessing this is quite a different Heracles from the one in Greek mythology then? Then again... they're probably all different given that Zeus killed this thing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhon). Yeah, you read that right. It throws mountains.
This Heracles towers over Kratos, rips off chunks of the wall and throws them at him, and tears the floor up to try and get him to fall. Kratos just pins him under the floor and punches him in the face. Again. And again. And again. And again. (Lather, rinse, repeat, watching Herc's head get reduced to a pulp of bloody meat with eyeballs that soon is obliterated with one last smack.

GoC
2010-03-23, 07:35 PM
Kratos wins. Put anything up against Kratos, and he wins.

If he loses, the man will claw his way out of hell, kill fate itself, and then go back in time, just so he can win.
The Saint of Killers.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-23, 07:38 PM
The Saint of Killers.

The world explodes from the sheer awesome?

I mean, both of them killed gods. Both of them wield two awesome weapons. Both of them went to hell and came back.

Actually, Kratos might be the Saint of Killers. I mean, think about it: have you ever seen the two together?

EDIT: "One is the murderer of all Olympian gods. The other is the Angel of Death incarnate. Together, they fight crime."

I would watch the hell out of that show.

chiasaur11
2010-03-23, 08:00 PM
The Saint of Killers.

Lu-Tze.

Esme Weatherwax.

Cohen.

Carrot Ironfoundson

Bill Door

Sir Samuel Vimes, Commander of the City Watch, Duke of Ankh, and Chief Blackboard Monitor.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-23, 08:04 PM
Lu-Tze.

Esme Weatherwax.

Cohen.

Carrot Ironfoundson

Bill Door

Sir Samuel Vimes, Commander of the City Watch, Duke of Ankh, and Chief Blackboard Monitor.

As far as I can tell, they all lose on the grounds of being Discworld characters.

chiasaur11
2010-03-23, 08:05 PM
As far as I can tell, they all lose on the grounds of being Discworld characters.

And here I thought "win" was so simple to spell no-one could get it wrong.

The concept of victory is conveyed by the letters W, I, and N. "Lose" means the opposite.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-23, 08:07 PM
And here I thought "win" was so simple to spell no-one could get it wrong.

The concept of victory is conveyed by the letters W, I, and N. "Lose" means the opposite.

Yes, and because they are Discworld characters, they have no chance of achieving the former.

chiasaur11
2010-03-23, 08:08 PM
Yes, and because they are Discworld characters, they have no chance of achieving the former.

Oh. I see.

"Discworld" means "an excellent comedic fantasy series with its fair share of characters who happen to be badass, in addition to funny and well written" in english.

What language does Discworld mean "Eragon" in?

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-23, 08:13 PM
Well... on Earth, Discworld refers to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld).

Or this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_%28world%29).

chiasaur11
2010-03-23, 09:36 PM
Well... on Earth, Discworld refers to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld).

Or this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_%28world%29).

Well, now I'm confused.

What do you have against Discworld?

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-23, 09:42 PM
Well, now I'm confused.

What do you have against Discworld?

Mostly, for a series that seems to try being funny, it is remarkably and painfully unfunny.

Of course, I could never even finish a book, because 1) I mostly tried reading it in bookstores on a dare and 2) did I mention that it is remarkably and painfully unfunny?

EDIT: Admittedly, humor isn't universal, and poor humor can kill a relatively decent story in a comedy series for me. I also didn't like H2G2, and I actually bought that one. One of my worst mistakes concerning literature.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-03-23, 10:24 PM
I'm guessing you just don't like British Humor. Nothing wrong with that, just a statement.

Hitchhikers Guide and Discworld are both very British, and if you don't like that kind of humor, you won't enjoy them.

chiasaur11
2010-03-23, 10:34 PM
Ah. Well.

First thing's first. I know opinions are subjective.

Second, which one did you read?

First ones aren't bad, but they're less good.

Third? Relative literary quality isn't the deciding factor in a versus thread.

Fourth? You are wrong and I swear a vendetta on your house forever.

ZeroNumerous
2010-03-23, 11:59 PM
A wrong opinion.

Normally opinions can't be wrong, but you have professed a wrong opinion. :smalltongue:

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-24, 08:08 AM
Normally opinions can't be wrong, but you have professed a wrong opinion. :smalltongue:

Opinions can be wrong. If, for example, if it were my opinion that you didn't need to breathe in order to live so my choking you wouldn't have any effect, that would be a very wrong opinion.

It's just that my opinion about Discworld isn't wrong.

((Also, I think it was Guards! Guards!.))

chiasaur11
2010-03-24, 10:02 AM
Opinions can be wrong. If, for example, if it were my opinion that you didn't need to breathe in order to live so my choking you wouldn't have any effect, that would be a very wrong opinion.

((Also, I think it was Guards! Guards!.))

A City Watch book?

Alright. You're irredeemable, and it is now the duty of civilised society everywhere to shun you.

Dienekes
2010-03-24, 10:09 AM
I can understand someone not liking a Pratchett book or two (I enjoy them well enough myself, but not to the extent of many other). But not liking the Guide? Of course you know, this means war.

Revlid
2010-03-25, 05:08 AM
I can only assume you're deliberately coming across as arrogant for the purposes of humour.

In any case, your "correct" opinion is found only in the vast minority on this site. And almost everywhere else.

ZeroNumerous
2010-03-25, 09:36 AM

Opinions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion) can't be made about objective facts.