PDA

View Full Version : Quicken: SLA

DegenPaladin
2010-03-22, 08:25 PM
What version of Quicken Spell Like abitlity do optimizers use and roughly what level can you get it?

I found this build, but it seems to take the feat at a point I cant make work. I really like the flavor of this build and this is my only hang up right now.

Am I missing something or do the OP just make a mistake?

Human Rogue 3/Warlock 6/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Child of Night 7

Rogue 1: Trapfinding, SA +1d6, Dodge, Mobility
Rogue 2: Evasion
Warlock 1: Least invocation, Blind fight
Warlock 2: Least invocation, Detect Magic
Warlock 3: DR 1/cold iron
Warlock 4: Darkness, Decieve Item, Spring Attack
Warlock 5:
Warlock 6: Flee the Scene
Rogue 3: SA +2d6, Trapsense +1, Quicken: Flee the Scene
Telflammar Shadowlord 1: Shadowsight, shadow jump
Telflammar Shadowlord 2: Shadow blur
Telflammar Shadowlord 3: Shadow walk, Feat
Telflammar Shadowlord 4: Shadow pounce
Child of Night 1: Cloak of Shadows, cold resistance 5
Child of Night 2: Sustaining shadow (eat 1 meal/week), Feat
Child of Night 3: Dancing shadows 1/day
Child of Night 4: Cloak of shadows (blur 1/day) sustaining shadow (sleep 1 hour/day)
Child of Night 5: Cold resistance 10, Feat
Child of Night 6: Cloak of shadows (blur 3/day), sustaining shadow (immune to poison/disease)
Child of Night 7: Dancing shadows 2/day

BAB 13; F/R/W: 6/11/12; Casts as Warlock 12 (6d6 blast, 1 Greater invocation)

DegenPaladin
2010-03-22, 11:17 PM
Bump: already dropped off the front page

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-22, 11:25 PM
Using the version on the SRD you need CL of 16 at least to quicken it and with this build you only get CL 13 (6 Warlock + 7 Child of night) so withou taking practiced spellcaster and pushing Quicken SLA to level 18, this build is illegal

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-22, 11:36 PM
I believe the BoVD version is better, i'll have to check.

EDIT: Yea, the BoVD one has no prereqs, and lets you quicken all of your SLAs once per day. You can take it additional times for more uses. I'd definitely use that version if your DM lets you.

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-23, 12:05 AM
I believe the BoVD version is better, i'll have to check.

EDIT: Yea, the BoVD one has no prereqs, and lets you quicken all of your SLAs once per day. You can take it additional times for more uses. I'd definitely use that version if your DM lets you.

BoVD is 3.0, MM is 3.5.

Do you want Pit Fiends to be stronger? Because that's what using the BoVD does.

tyckspoon
2010-03-23, 12:09 AM
Using the version on the SRD you need CL of 16 at least to quicken it and with this build you only get CL 13 (6 Warlock + 7 Child of night) so withou taking practiced spellcaster and pushing Quicken SLA to level 18, this build is illegal

Eldritch Blast was errata'd to always be the level of whatever Essence or Shape you applied to it. If it's the plain Eldritch Blast, it's only level 1, which can be Quickened with CL 10 (they realized the auto-increasing effective spell level thing just made it near impossible to effectively use Meta-SLA feats on it.)

Edit: Which I realize is irrelevant to what OP actually posted, as his feat was taken for Flee the Scene, which indeed doesn't work as posted.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-03-23, 12:28 AM

You only need CL 10 to qualify for the feat, therefore you could theoretically take it sooner, with Practiced Caster. Using it on a 4th level SLA, however, does require a CL of 16. It's definately do-able, with Practiced Caster to boost your CL, but requires some hoops, and not doable until the tail end of the build.

DegenPaladin
2010-03-23, 12:37 AM
Ok thanks for the replies, I like to think I can figure this stuff out on my own. I spent quite a while tryin to make that build work because it seemed really fun to play.

Im sure Ill still be able to make it into something cool, definately a good jump off point.