PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Crafting space requirements

Trekkin
2010-03-22, 10:01 PM
Is there anywhere in 3.5-dom any listing of how much physical space a crafter needs to craft an object? I'm trying to pull that trick of putting a Dedicated Wright somewhere safe so it can craft nonstop, but I can't find data on how big that space needs to be. I'm assuming I can't just stuff said Wright in any space it will fit and expect it to make constructs and weapons and armor and so forth.

Geiger Counter
2010-03-22, 10:05 PM
It depends on the particular craft skill. Look up images under sweatshop to get ideas on using space efficiently.

Trekkin
2010-03-23, 01:37 AM
Well, since I'll be using a two-foot nonliving blob of clay as the sweatshop worker, i am restricted only by the volume occupied by the implements themselves.

How big, for example, does a smithy need to be? A pottery workshop? An alchemist's laboratory?

ericgrau
2010-03-23, 01:41 AM
By RAW you can craft anywhere that you can prepare spells. You also need light, a source of heat and tools appropriate to the item you're enchanting, besides magical components.

A common trick is to stuff it all into a portable hole, and I think that'd be enough space.