View Full Version : Possessing mortals

Closak
2010-03-23, 02:13 PM
From the divine abilites list.

Possess Mortal
Prerequisites
Cha 29.

Benefit
The deity can possess any mortal in any location the deity can sense. Unwilling mortals can attempt Will saves (DC 10 + the deity’s Charisma modifier + the deity’s rank).

Notes
Spells that prevent possession block this ability if the mortal is unwilling. Likewise, spells that end possession drive out the deity if the mortal is unwilling. If the mortal is willing, however, the deity cannot be blocked or driven out, except by a divine shield or the use of the Alter Reality salient divine ability by a deity of higher rank.

The possessed mortal effectively becomes an avatar of the deity. The deity can draw on all the possessed mortal’s memories, and the deity senses what the mortal senses. Each mortal possessed counts as a remote location where the deity is sensing and communicating. A demigod can possess up to two mortals at a time, a lesser deity can possess up to five mortals at once, an intermediate deity can possess up to ten, and a greater deity can possess up to twenty mortals at once.

Am i the only one who see a LOT of uses for this?

Also, if you add in a special restriction that the mortal being possessed must be in some special condition then we basically get what happens near the end of a certain movie :smalleek:

I just put it this way. Jenova cells. Kadaj. Sephiroth. Uh oh. *Hides*
I FREAKING KNEW IT!

Hmmm...Possess important politican, make him start a war, then unpossess him, sit back, and laugh as the mortals kill each other :smallamused:

So much fun to be had!

Mewtarthio
2010-03-23, 02:28 PM
Am i the only one who see a LOT of uses for this?

It's a Salient Divine Ability. Of course there are a lot of uses for it. That's kind of the whole point of being a god. :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2010-03-23, 02:47 PM
It's also a Salient Divine Ability that's defeated by Protection from Evil, and has a hilariously low save for everyone but the greatest deities that should have better toys anyway.

taltamir
2010-03-23, 02:53 PM
this is one of the weaker salient divine abilities... my favorite is "May be used at will as a standard action: wish with less limitations and cannot be perverted with no XP cost" and the "death" ability which is "May be used at will as a standard action: choose a traget, no need to even be in the same dimension as it, it needs to make a save or die... if it dies it cannot be resurrected except by a god of same or higher divine rank who has the life ability."

Lysander
2010-03-23, 03:04 PM
Of course a god could also just kill or imprison someone and shift form into their form to impersonate them. Or dominate the person and make them obey your every command. Or create a new creature that looks like them and have it impersonate them. I mean, possession is cool, but there are a lot of ways to accomplish the same effect if you just want to frame someone.

taltamir
2010-03-23, 03:17 PM
Of course a god could also just kill or imprison someone and shift form into their form to impersonate them. Or dominate the person and make them obey your every command. Or create a new creature that looks like them and have it impersonate them. I mean, possession is cool, but there are a lot of ways to accomplish the same effect if you just want to frame someone.

or use "alter reality" to alter the past so that this person has done what they wanted them to...
you are a god, you don't need to be subtle

Prime32
2010-03-23, 03:24 PM
this is one of the weaker salient divine abilities... my favorite is "May be used at will as a standard action: wish with less limitations and cannot be perverted with no XP cost" and the "death" ability which is "May be used at will as a standard action: choose a traget, no need to even be in the same dimension as it, it needs to make a save or die... if it dies it cannot be resurrected except by a god of same or higher divine rank who has the life ability."Or "Either kill an unlimited number of targets or restore an unlimited number of targets to life. They can be anywhere in the multiverse as long as all targets are within 1 mile of one other target. No save."