PDA

View Full Version : Akinator

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-23, 03:16 PM
Akinator the internet genie (http://uk.akinator.com/).

I haven't been going too obscure yet. So far he's managed to get both Jon Snow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Snow) and Kangaskhan (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kangaskhan_(Pok%C3%A9mon)), but he didn't get Steve Tyler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Tyler).

Can you beat the genie? :smallbiggrin:
I know how it works but dammit it still annoys me that he's almost always right.
K-B

Cristo Meyers
2010-03-23, 03:19 PM
GAAAAHHH! CURSE YOU YOU SPOONY KOBOLD BARD!

I'd just escaped this thing the last time someone showed it to me...

...I'll just cancel my plans for the evening...

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-23, 03:21 PM
GAAAAHHH! CURSE YOU YOU SPOONY KOBOLD BARD!

I'd just escaped this thing the last time someone showed it to me...

...I'll just cancel my plans for the evening...

:cool:

It's worse than TVTropes. The desire to pick a target that he could get (so not from super obscure anime etc.) but then beating him is weirdly massive.

Edit: He got Mort Goldman.

MORT freaking GOLDMAN!! That minor character from Family Guy. :smallfurious: :smallwink:

Eldan
2010-03-23, 03:26 PM
The trick is: he memorizes everything he's given as a question. Therefore, whenever you play, you add more to his database. And the more obscure the things you try, the more obscure the things he'll know.

Dogmantra
2010-03-23, 03:29 PM
I managed to catch him out once.

I know for a fact he has all of the OotS on there.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-23, 03:29 PM
The trick is: he memorizes everything he's given as a question. Therefore, whenever you play, you add more to his database. And the more obscure the things you try, the more obscure the things he'll know.

...Can you beat the genie? :smallbiggrin:
I know how it works but dammit it still annoys me that he's almost always right.
K-B

I know, but it still irritates the hell out of me. Because I'm like that :smalltongue:

Cristo Meyers
2010-03-23, 03:32 PM
Well...he's got pretty much every character from Law and Order (and it's derivatives) that I can remember.

...which isn't much, actually.

Starscream
2010-03-23, 03:35 PM
Dangit! He knew that Deadpool is Canadian! Nobody knows that Deadpool is Canadian!

Soterion
2010-03-23, 03:40 PM
Ha! Got him. The Grand Inquisitor from the Brothers Karamazov.

ClockShock
2010-03-23, 03:43 PM
He thinks Tarzan didn't kill humans... oh poor naive Akinator

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-23, 03:49 PM
He thinks Tarzan didn't kill humans... oh poor naive Akinator

No destroying the Genie's innocence, you big bully :smalltongue:

thubby
2010-03-23, 03:50 PM
he couldn't get chuck norris :smallconfused:

Soterion
2010-03-23, 03:51 PM
When Akinator tried to guess Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris knew and reached through the Internet to punch Akinator in the database. That's why Chuck Norris is no longer in the database.

thubby
2010-03-23, 03:52 PM
When Akinator tried to guess Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris knew and reached through the Internet to punch Akinator in the database. That's why Chuck Norris is no longer in the database.

sweet merciful poseidon, what have i unleashed?

Eldan
2010-03-23, 04:01 PM
You also have to remember that his knowledge is based entirely on what previous people have answered. So if people gave a lot of contradictory answers on Norris, he has a hard time guessing him. And considering all the "facts" going around...

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-23, 04:02 PM
You also have to remember that his knowledge is based entirely on what previous people have answered. So if people gave a lot of contradictory answers on Norris, he has a hard time guessing him. And considering all the "facts" going around...

You type that like you don't believe everything you read on the internet without questioning it :smallconfused:

:smalltongue:

Spiryt
2010-03-23, 04:06 PM
I noticed that after the question "Is your character European?" he almost always ask me if my character is from Poland. :smallconfused:

Slightly weird. Brazilian is frequent too.

thubby
2010-03-23, 04:09 PM
I noticed that after the question "Is your character European?" he almost always ask me if my character is from Poland. :smallconfused:

I'm guessing people trying to stump him pick some obscure character, poland has a history of periodically not existing, so...

Soterion
2010-03-23, 04:16 PM

Akinator is apparently not aware that Brazil is not in Europe.

KuReshtin
2010-03-23, 04:22 PM
Just played three games with the Akinator.

First one, he got after 20 questions: Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt
Second one, he didn't get after 20 questions, but got it after 30: Carl Hamilton (fictional character, code name: Coq Rouge. Sweden's version of James Bond) Akinator guessed for 'Antti' Rokka from Finnish novel "The unknown soldier" after 20 questions.
Third one, he didn't get after 20 questions either, but got it after 30: UFC fighter Forrest Griffin. Akinator guessed Frank Mir (another UFC fighter) after 20 questions.

I claim two victories out of three attempts.

Spiryt
2010-03-23, 04:26 PM
Nope, he usually ask about Brazil if I answer "No" on USA question.

Although he indeed tangles quite often, he ask "Is your Ch. blonde?", I answer "Yes", he asks if character is black haired later....

I'm guessing people trying to stump him pick some obscure character, poland has a history of periodically not existing, so...

:smallconfused:

Many European countries were non existing for some time, and can have obscure characters. Yet after few unrelated plays, it again ask about Poland right after England, or even before.

I think:

- a lot of Poles are playing so he checks it often. Do you also get asked about Poland often?

- it somehow checks where I'm clicking from.

Any other options.

Ninja Chocobo
2010-03-23, 04:27 PM
Hah. He didn't get Cardinal Biggles. I can stop now.

kamikasei
2010-03-23, 04:43 PM
Stumped it with Sami (http://myanimelist.net/character/16482/Samidare_Asahina). Not sure I was doing everything correctly though, as it didn't give me the option to tell it who I meant after it failed.

Perhaps manga series not adapted to anime are a weak point of its? It asked repeatedly if she was from a TV series.

Pheehelm
2010-03-23, 04:59 PM
He got Disco Stu, Nina Wyndia (I was thinking second game, he seemed to be thinking first game, although the picture was of the Nina from the second), Hawkeye (SD3, probably the biggest surprise given the questions he asked), Dave Barry, and Frioniel, but I stumped him with Maria from Final Fantasy II. (He kinda broke down in later rounds, guessing it was Mia from Golden Sun when I'd already told him it was a Final Fantasy character.) He also didn't get Asok the Intern, or Dilbert's garbageman.

Now, see what you get when you run yourself through it...

Ninja Chocobo
2010-03-23, 04:59 PM
Perhaps manga series not adapted to anime are a weak point of its? It asked repeatedly if she was from a TV series.

Nah, it got AC/DC, J Geil, Sex Pistols, and Killer Queen from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-23, 05:16 PM
..Now, see what you get when you run yourself through it...

He got me. He actually got me a while ago, then started asking if I had loads of random superpowers before he'd tell me who it was.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-03-23, 05:26 PM
I managed to catch him out once.

I know for a fact he has all of the OotS on there.
Not true, I tried Ceika on him, but he didn't have her.

Also when I tried Tungdil, from The Dwarves(a book) by Markus Heitz, he eventually gave Belkar as a result and failed after giving me a obscure character from something of which I do not know and a Warhammer character.

Starscream
2010-03-23, 05:31 PM
I finally managed to stump him with an obscure character (Aunt Bernice) from the show Duckman. He got Duckman himself, though.

He also correctly guessed both Venger from D&D and Ambush Bug from DC Comics. I'm impressed that anyone knows of the Bug.

Makensha
2010-03-23, 05:32 PM
This thing is such a waste of time (As in its wasting my time). Must... exit... page...

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-23, 05:37 PM
This thing is such a waste of time (As in its wasting my time). Must... exit... page...

You're one of us now :smallbiggrin:

Eddums
2010-03-23, 05:44 PM
He got Otori Takeo. I consider myself impressed.

chiasaur11
2010-03-23, 05:47 PM
I finally managed to stump him with an obscure character (Aunt Bernice) from the show Duckman. He got Duckman himself, though.

He also correctly guessed both Venger from D&D and Ambush Bug from DC Comics. I'm impressed that anyone knows of the Bug.

Well, I do, and you do. So that's two of us.

I managed to stump him a couple of times. Not giving details, though. You might fix his weaknesses.

drakir_nosslin
2010-03-23, 05:52 PM
He didn't know who Hjalmar Branting was (Swedish Prime Minister in the early 1900:s). Now he does :smallsigh:

Totally Guy
2010-03-23, 06:03 PM
He got both Jonathan Creek and David Mitchell.

He struggled with Gai Daigoji from an old anime I used to watch.

Eldan
2010-03-23, 06:19 PM
Let's see...

Black Hat Guy from XKCD: Got him in 20 question. Even after asking if he was from a movie, then if he was the main character of that movie when I said no.

Ikit Claw (Skaven Warlock, Warhammer): He guessed Toadie from the Gummie Bears. Huh. Then The Minotaur from legend after 30, even though I said he wans't from mythology or legend. Then Smeagol.

President Eden. Dammit. 13 questions and he asked if he was from Fallout.

Oh, well. 1/3.

Edit: and a real person, for a change: Charles Darwin. He had famous english scientist before the 20th century by question 12. Then came "Linked to apples". Newton, Funny. Then came "linked to animals". Oh well.

Trying more biologists: Mendel. Now I'm suspecting him of cheating somehow, really. He asked me the same questions as with Darwin, pretty much. But with Darwin, question 11 was "Is he english". Here it was "Is he german". Damn. However, he was thinking of Einstein, since he asked about physics and funny haircuts. Then came "Psychologist", "Philosopher" and "Mathematician". Then Hitler, for some reason, judging by the questions. He got him, though.

Heidi's Grandfather (No idea for the correct english word for "grandfather who's living on a mountain in english, if there is a word. There is one in swiss german :smallbiggrin:) He guessed Gepetto. Pretty close, I guess. Then he just gave up, instead of giving me more questions. Pansy.

Coplantor
2010-03-24, 08:10 AM
A year and something ago, he didnt got miyazaki nodoka from sensei negima.

thorgrim29
2010-03-24, 08:56 AM
He got Croaker once... And I educated him in minor Dresden Files characters (Lara Raith was fun)

Pink
2010-03-24, 10:00 AM
Bwahahahaha! Not only did I beat him, I added a new person to his list. Now he's knows a bit about Sir Thomas Malory.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-03-24, 10:05 AM
I thought of: Isaac dan der Grimnebulin, from Perdido Street Station.
He guessed Roland Deschain, from the Dark Tower.

Hahah! I win!

...although I'm drunk and might not be giving honest answers...

Pink
2010-03-24, 10:33 AM
Even more surprising than stumping it with Sir Malory, I stumped it and added Doctor Facilier (From Disney's princess and the frog) to the list.

Genie also had trouble coming up with Alexandre Dumas. It was in his system, but he didn't even put it on the list of possible guesses.

This guy isn't so hard.

Yora
2010-03-24, 10:34 AM
A yes, this guy. We had weeks of fun with him on another forum last year. :smallbiggrin:

valadil
2010-03-24, 02:20 PM
He guessed Enoch Root, which impressed me. I beat him on Alferd Packer, but he was close to guessing it. The only new character I added was Tom Sawyer, but it was cheesy because I went with the Rush song as opposed to the novel.

Rutskarn
2010-03-24, 02:25 PM
The little turd got Scout's Mom. You know, the character who appears for six seconds for one joke in a four-minute video based on a video game? The character who has no lines, and is only shown in photographs? The character who hasn't appeared in any media since?

This is a clever bit of code, but the real impressive force here is the goddamned internet, who've fed it enough data to get to this point. Sooner or later, within 17 guesses, we'll have Mr. Edward Northby, age 53, 242 Bilden Road. The game-clinching detail will be that his wife has red hair--otherwise it'd be Buckaroo Banzai.

Cristo Meyers
2010-03-24, 02:29 PM
Hah! Got him with Thomas Lang from Hugh Laurie's The Gun Seller.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 02:43 PM
He got Fray. That makes me happy, in a way.

EDIT:

Also, I just recieved this as a question.

"Do you wish you were involved with your character?"

...how could that possibly help him? HOW? >.<

Rutskarn
2010-03-24, 03:21 PM
I thought I'd try "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski. Question 9: Does your character play at bowling?

Screw you, Akinator.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 03:26 PM
'nother odd question:

"Have you ever seen your character naked?"

Also, won with Wallace (Sin City). But that could be just because he's not a very unique character.

Starscream
2010-03-24, 04:02 PM
I thought I'd try "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski. Question 9: Does your character play at bowling?

"Does your character abide?"
"Does your character make hobo-beards look awesome?"
"Does your character stare at goats?"
"Can your character build this IN A CAVE?! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS?!"

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-24, 04:06 PM

Screw you, Akinator.

Questions like that annoy the hell out of me, because he then goes on to ask a few more, even though you both know that he already has it and he's just screwing with you for the hell of it.

Sneak
2010-03-24, 04:10 PM
It took 3 tries for each, but it did manage to get both Daniel Waterhouse and Legion from the Book of Mark.

Eldan
2010-03-24, 05:10 PM
Hah! Thanquol. He guessed a character named "Behemoth" from a series I never heard about, some character from the Witcher books with a totally unpronounceable name, Ajane Goldmane from M:tG, but not Thanquol. Hah. He had him on the list, though.

Badger from Firefly: he guessed Captain Jack Harkness. Shame on you, Akinator. Then Felix Gaeta from Galactica. Then he said Shepherd Book. Well, right series, at least, but several things don't fit at all, here. Like, being white, leader of a group of people and being a criminal.

Going with more Warhammer: the Emperor Karl Franz. And dammit: his first guess is Sigmar Heldenhammer. Got him with his second guess.

Planescape's Shemeshka the Marauder: his first guess is Arya (eragon). For black haired non-humans. Oh well. Then Dolores Umbridge. I said non-human, you idiot. Then Liliana Vess, from M:tG. Don't know here, but she looks human as well.

Yora
2010-03-25, 04:55 AM

Screw you, Akinator.

It's always fun when the questions show that he allready knows which one it is. :smallbiggrin:

Athaniar
2010-03-25, 05:18 AM
We thought it was sealed away for good. We thought it could not threaten us anymore with its supreme powers. We thought wrong. Akinator is back. And this time, there is no escape.

Anyway, some attempts:

Genghis Khan - Guessed Attila two times in a row, but got it right the third time. I'm not too impressed.

Khan Noonien Singh - Got that one after just over 20 questions.

Cleopatra VII - OK, that one was too easy.

Xavius (not me, the Warcraft character) - Guessed Archimonde, which is pretty close, but still wrong. Then Illidan. Then Illidan again. Decided to continue this time. Got some guy I've never even heard about. Still continuing. Mannoroth. Decided to end. List appeared, but he wasn't on it, so I submitted it. Yay, I'm teaching a computer program.

Turanga Leela - 17 questions. Good.

Magni Bronzebeard - Got that one too.

Garona Halforcen - And that one.

Jessica Alba - And her, too. That's all for now, but I'll be back.

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-25, 08:12 AM
I beat him with Zoe Graystone, from Caprica. His performance... wasn't too impressive. He seemed too preoccupied with finding out her nationality. First he asked me if she was American. Nope, Caprican. Japanese? Caprican. Brazilian? Caprican. Italian? Caprican. Every other country on Earth? Caprican. American? Didn't I get this? American continent? Nooo.... She's ****ing CAPRICAN. Been to space? No, Caprican. Japanese? *sigh*

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-25, 08:25 AM
(Missed some out coz I can't remember them all)

Is your character real? Yes
Is your character male? No
Have you ever met your character? Yes
Is your character a member of your family? No
Have you ever kissed you character? Yes
Has your character ever met any of your family? Yes
<At this point I know he knows it's my girlfriend>
Does your character wield a Keyblade? No..wait what? :smallconfused:

You've established that my person is real and has met my family, but now you want to know if they have ever fought with a Keyblade?

What the hell Akinator!! :smallfurious:

Yora
2010-03-25, 08:31 AM
One time it was already established that my character is a female military person from a video game and leader of her team.
Is your character Welsh?
Why does he think that this would help at this point?

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-25, 08:35 AM
One time it was already established that my character is a female military person from a video game and leader of her team.
Is your character Welsh?
Why does he think that this would help at this point?

He doesn't, the smarmy git just likes to toy with you before going in for the kill :smallamused:

Spiryt
2010-03-25, 08:39 AM
He knows that character is dead for at least 1000 years, and then asks if he lived in 19th century France.

He seems to get lost a lot, and it's probably not so weird with all data people typing, with different answers, wrong answers.

I don't doubt that there are quite a lot of jerks who type total crap as an answers/characters, just to screw things a bit.

Yora
2010-03-25, 09:04 AM
He doesn't, the smarmy git just likes to toy with you before going in for the kill :smallamused:
Yeah, if you allready know the character has a sword, is bad, has a mask, appears in star wars, and has a son, there's really no other reason than that to ask if the character is related to bollywood movies before the relevation. ^^

Eldan
2010-03-25, 10:38 AM
Let's try some real people this time. Since I was just watching videos on the Escapist:

Kathleen De Vere: Got it in 20. I'm surprised. I guess there aren't too many writer/actors who do their work on the internet, are females with black hair and not american.

Stuart Stark (Graham Stark's father): Why do you ask if he had children if the last question was if he had a son?! Anyway, he guessed Tourette's guy. Never heard of him. And then came a huge joke: who has a son and a daughter, is an adult male with glasses a beard and white hair, is from the north american continent but not american himself and has on occasion played in a comedic series on the internet? That's right. Civil war general George McClellan. :smalltongue: It's also not Michael Bay.

Uwe Boll was too easy.

Coplantor
2010-03-25, 10:46 AM
Do you think he knows... us?

Yora
2010-03-25, 10:47 AM
He got Uwe Boll with only the information that it's a german man still alive who is linked to cinema.
I guess other german directors or actors are not used that often. ^^

Starscream
2010-03-25, 12:54 PM
You've established that my person is real and has met my family, but now you want to know if they have ever fought with a Keyblade?

This is the internet. There's a perfectly good chance that you know someone who cosplays and has violent tendencies.

Arakune
2010-03-25, 02:01 PM
He even knew about tia celi. Scary... :smalleek:

GrlumpTheElder
2010-03-25, 02:16 PM
Yes, I got him with Edward II!!

absolmorph
2010-03-25, 02:22 PM
Dangit! He knew that Deadpool is Canadian! Nobody knows that Deadpool is Canadian!
DEADPOOL IS CANADIAN?!

deuxhero
2010-03-25, 02:57 PM
Stumped him on Dr. John Vattic, Got Raidou, stumped him on SMT hero, stummped him on The Living One.

Starscream
2010-03-25, 03:14 PM
DEADPOOL IS CANADIAN?!

Yup. At least, he was Canadian. A later writer apparently didn't know that, and wrote him as American. Then a still later writer tried to fix the error by explaining that Wade is so nuts that he isn't certain of his own origin story and original identity anymore.

I seem the recall a letter column where he joked that it could all be settled if only he spoke out loud instead of in text boxes; then we could hear how he pronounced "about".

deuxhero
2010-03-25, 03:20 PM
Isn't there a movie coming out (Produced by a group that sewed his mouth shut, but a movie non the less).

Got him on Regan (Being an actor tripped him up it seems, though round 2 was entirely "politician?" "President?" ect)

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-25, 03:27 PM
Do you think he knows... us?

He knows you, your siblings, your parents, grandparents, friends, partners, exes, your secret crushes, and most of your old teachers.

And apparently I got a question wrong. I was going for the girl who works in the shop at the end of my road and came up with a group named with a word that would probably get me banned (it began with an N).

Half-Full
2010-03-25, 05:39 PM
He got King Leonidas after 20.
Loghain after 30.
Malus Darkblade after 30.
Yuri Lowell after way too few...
Eliza Bennet after like 13...
BUT I GOT THE DAMNED GENIE! He did not know who Big Head (from Elder Scrolls) were!

Edit: Got him on Reddas (from FFXII) too.

Makensha
2010-03-25, 08:45 PM
I finally got him with Cody Bonnette, who you've probably never heard of.

Got Pres. Obama in eleven.

Didn't get Willow from the Earthsong comic. Took about 35 questions just to narrow it down to a comic book character.

Athaniar
2010-03-26, 02:50 PM
*Ding ding ding ding*

Round 2!

First out, it's Glaurung! Can the Genie defeat this draconic mastermind? What's that? A Warcraft orc? With a picture of a D&D orc? That's an Epic Fail, Akinator. You can do better. Let's go on! The Devil? No! Come on now, we're at Question #31. Smaug? Getting close, but I distinctly said "no wings". Defeated? Boo! You're not tough at all.

Out steps the dragon, in steps none other than Xykon! And after 20 questions, the Genie is victorious! Let's try something else, shall we? How about I stop narrating this much!

Max Guevara - 20 Questions. Good.
Corellon Larethian - Zeus at 20. Svarog at 30. "Anomander Rake" at 40. Sorry, genie.
Princess Zelda - 20, but I think he was toying with me for the last 10.
Gul'dan - 20 again.
Deathwing - Only 15 this time.
Gelbin Mekkatorque - Magni at 20, correct at 24. But then again, he does narrow it down significantly when he asks if it's a Warcraft character. Let's stay away from those for now.
Miko Miyazaki - Wrong at 20. At 30 I get a generic RPG character. Hm? And again someone I don't recognize at 40. Got you!
Sauron - 16. Hmph.
Neytiri - And her, too.

Who adds the pictures, by the way? Does the program automatically search for appropriate pictures via Google or something?

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-26, 02:58 PM

Who adds the pictures, by the way? Does the program automatically search for appropriate pictures via Google or something?

If you tell him a picture is wrong, you can send a report. I guess this goes to some guy in an office somewhere to change it.

By answering Yes to every question you get Yes Man: Some guy who says yes to everything :smallbiggrin:

Vaynor
2010-03-26, 03:43 PM
I got him on Donphan (from Pokemon).

Ikialev
2010-03-26, 04:02 PM
I got him on Donphan (from Pokemon).
There is like 500 of pokemon, and all are the same, so...

Anyway, he asked me if he is too stupid to guess. wow.

absolmorph
2010-03-26, 04:07 PM

Not really. There are some major differences.

Vaynor
2010-03-26, 04:09 PM

I tried a bunch of other Pokemon and it got most of them right away, I guess it just had some trouble with Donphan. It kept asking me if he was green.

Douglas
2010-03-26, 04:10 PM
Beat him with Moghedien. His first guess was pretty close (Lanfear), though.

absolmorph
2010-03-26, 04:14 PM
I tried a bunch of other Pokemon and it got most of them right away, I guess it just had some trouble with Donphan. It kept asking me if he was green.
It took him 40 questions to get Luvdisc XD
He got Absol in 20, though.

Deth Muncher
2010-03-26, 04:16 PM
It took it three tries, but it finally got Amidamaru from Shaman King.

EDIT: It got Duke Nukem on Round One.

EDIT EDIT: AND Roy Greenhilt on Round One. DAMN.

EDITEDITEDIT: I BEAT HIM with Lar Desouza. Also, he got Xykon very quickly.

Athaniar
2010-03-26, 05:34 PM
By answering Yes to every question you get Yes Man: Some guy who says yes to everything :smallbiggrin:
There are similar ones for each answer. Some are pretty funny.

EDIT: He doesn't seem to pay attention to my answers all the time:

"Does your character have a beard?"
"No."
"Does your character have a long beard?"
"..."

Also, OotS:

Roy - 20
Haley - 20
Elan - 30 (20: Drizzt)
Vaarsuvius - 12 (probably because I answer "I don't know" at gender questions)
Belkar - 26 (20: some Warhammer orc)
Durkon - Failed after 40.

Athaniar
2010-03-30, 05:15 AM
Let's try some orcs, shall we?

Thrall - 15
Blackhand - Grom at 20, Garrosh at 30, Doomhammer at 39... Well, I guess they're all pretty similar. Then Zul'jin at 40. Close, but no [Warchief's Cigar of the Wolf].
Orgrim Doomhammer - Grom at 20, got it at 27.
Ner'zhul - Thrall at 20, got it at 30.
Grom Hellscream - 19.
Garrosh Hellscream - Got him pretty early.
Varok Saurfang - 16 (final question: Does your character spin?)
Dranosh Saurfang - Cairne at 20, some DotA guy at 30, Dante at 40. Don't you remember your own questions, Akinator?

Of course, he does tend to ask if it's a Warcraft character pretty early, and then follows it up by asking if he's green.

Murdim
2010-03-30, 06:07 AM
He found the L-Block from Tetris in 20 questions :smalleek:

Also, he found God (huh) in 12 questions, but he apparently didn't like my answer to the question "Is your character pretty terrible at what he does?"

Anuan
2010-03-30, 06:47 AM
All I get is a message saying "Sorry, I need some time to wake up. Can you try again in a few minutes?"

:smallfrown:

Totally Guy
2010-03-30, 07:00 AM
He got the Dead Parrot from Monty Python in 2 guesses.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-03-30, 09:44 AM
Edward III defeated him! He guessed Edward I, Henry V and Henry VII before surrendering.

I WIN

Anuan
2010-03-30, 10:34 AM
Well, he got Dave Lister.
I was surprised, actually, because most of the questions were vague until 'has he been in outer space?'

Edit: Holy crap, he got Fox from The Animals of Farthing Wood. He guessed Tod from The Fox and The Hound first, though.

Thursday
2010-03-30, 04:23 PM
He knows most everyone I can think of from nineteenth/twentieth century literature classics.. Including (an't remember them all now) All 4 musketeers, Heathcliffe, Mr Rochester, Ivanhoe, Little Nell, Moll Flanders, Lots of pirates.

Got Gabriel Syme (from the man who was Thursday).... In the second set of questions, even after lots of Don't knows, (been a while since I read it) Thought he was Dirk Gently first.. heh.

I think a good indication of where the line is on how well known a character needs to be is that it knows the well known Zorba the Greek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorba_the_Greek_%28novel%29), but not Captain Michalis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Michalis) (by the same Author.)

Half an hour I'll never see again!

Athaniar
2010-03-31, 04:44 AM
More OotS:

The Oracle - Failed, didn't even have him in the database.
Lord Shojo - Failed. Come on, Akinator! You're better than this!
Sabine - Guessed succubus at 30, but that's too general. Ended up failing here too.
Tsukiko - Another fail...
Mr. Scruffy - Has your intelligence drastically decreased since yesterday?
Miko Miyazaki - Probably.
Redcloak - I'm tired of you now.

Also, why does he ask questions about me? The only thing I've given him is my username, so it can't possibly help him.

EDIT: Stargate characters:

Apophis - 15. Apparently he's better at this subject.
Jack O'Neill - 18.
Hathor - Failed.
Teal'c - 20 (I think).
Sam Carter - 20.
Daniel Jackson - Pretty fast (below 20).
Anubis - He really IS good at this.

EDIT EDIT:
He is deliberately trying to give me nightmares. When I had clearly indicated I was thinking about Illidan Stormrage, he asked me "would your character look good in a high school girl's outfit" (or something similar).

Murdim
2010-03-31, 06:31 AM
Miko Miyazaki - Probably.
I just tried Miko myself, and he found her in 26 questions.

Athaniar
2010-03-31, 12:55 PM
Confirmed, got her in 20. I guess he is learning, just as he should.

Douglas
2010-03-31, 01:16 PM
He knows about himself.

Character already played 46142 times.
And apparently that idea is rather popular.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-03-31, 02:23 PM
He got Olga, Princess of Kiev in 30 guesses.

truemane
2010-03-31, 08:24 PM
Ha! I beat him on Jean-Pierre Melville, the French film director. Although, to be fair, he guessed three or four other New Wave directors before conceding. So he had it, I just guess no one ever used Melville before. Pity.

He also took two rounds to get Stephen King, but only because I had to nswer YES to 'Plays in a rock band' on question 2 (Stephen King plays guitar and has toured in a band composed of other writers) and I think that fouled the thing. First guess was Bruce Springsteen (which isn't a bad guess, I suppose). Second round starts. Wears glasses? All over but the crying.

It got Kurosawa, but the questions were so astoundingly vague that I think that might just be the only post-war Japanese film director it's ever been fed. I might go back in and start running through the Japanese Masters. Inagaki. Mizoguchi. Ozu. See what happens.

sofawall
2010-03-31, 08:37 PM
Upon grabbing the closest book to hand and opening it to a random page, I picked the first character ion the page. Akinator does not know Jule Pepper, apparently.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-04-01, 04:52 PM
I absolutely destroyed him with Thomas Kyd, the Elizabethan playwright behind The Spanish Tragedy. He didn't have him at all.

I love winning, but I know it only makes it harder for everyone else. :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2010-04-02, 03:10 PM
Yes, Got him with Oswald Bastable from Michael Moorcock's Nomad of the Time Streams trilogy!

Weezer
2010-04-02, 06:41 PM
He got Angus Thermopyle (Gap Cycle), color me impressed.

Morty
2010-04-03, 09:31 AM
It's been around for a while, so most of the characters which aren't there are those really obscure. It got most of my ones, at least. It's had most trouble with Jig the Goblin from J.C Hines' books. It didn't get a secondary character from Good Soldier Shweik.

Anuan
2010-04-03, 10:16 AM
Ryouga Hibiki has been played 100 times, but Mousse only 19.
Why no love for Mousse? XD

raitalin
2010-04-03, 02:42 PM
He got William Jennings Bryant and Emma Goldman in 20, but couldn't get J.E.B. Stuart.

chiasaur11
2010-04-03, 02:49 PM
He also took two rounds to get Stephen King, but only because I had to nswer YES to 'Plays in a rock band' on question 2 (Stephen King plays guitar and has toured in a band composed of other writers) and I think that fouled the thing. First guess was Bruce Springsteen (which isn't a bad guess, I suppose). Second round starts. Wears glasses? All over but the crying.

Ah, the Rock Bottom Remainders.

Dave Barry, Stephan King, Amy Tan, and so many more.

They're to rock and roll what Metallica is to English literature.

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-03, 03:26 PM
Color me unimpressed. He got neither Empoleon from Pokemon or Ichigo from Bleach.

Temotei
2010-04-03, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else tried this, but he didn't get ninji from Super Mario Bros. 2. :smallamused: Not even on the list at the end.

Didn't get pidgit either. I think Akinator needs to brush up on his SMB 2 lore.

He did, however, get Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast with a ton of "probably" "partially" questions. That's fairly impressive, but it took forty questions. :smallcool:

Less impressive is his Redcloak guess. He got that on his first try.

He got Kylar Stern from the Night Angel trilogy on his first try.

Coidzor
2010-04-03, 04:12 PM
Well, I don't think anyone's tried that imp from OotS. I got bored around guess 45and stopped.

What about Julio Scoundrel?

Edit: So I decided to go with Alfred the Great and Henry the 8th next and he got them by just knowing that they were English Kings, around question 8 and then again on question 11. That was all the info he had on them. He kept asking if it was an American or a woman after he found out they were English kings though, like questions that got him nothing just to pad out the number of questions he was asking.

2nd Edit: ...So I'm doing Megaman and after finding out he's from a video game, made out of metal, and has appeared in anime, he goes and asks if he's from guatemala.

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-03, 04:14 PM
I gave the poor djinni a few more chances - it finally managed to nail Ichigo on its third try (WTF took so long?). Outrageously enough, he didn't nail Bruce Dickinson on first try, but did get Sabriel and Marco Hietala.

raitalin
2010-04-03, 04:26 PM
Ha! He couldn't get Adam Weishaupt as the character mentioned in the Illuminatus! trilogy. I think the answers like "probably dead" and "possibly alive" threw him.

Coidzor
2010-04-03, 04:31 PM
He guessed answering randomly and then the Megaman legends Megaman Volnutt in the first two rounds for Megaman... Third Round... Megaman X.

I guess us dedicated classic fans are just few and far between.

Apparently this defeated him.

Then the next time I tried it, after my browser hiccuped and died while I was telling him what it was after he gave up, he got it in 14 questions.

deuxhero
2010-04-03, 04:32 PM
Took him quite a bit to get Nanoha (the details show he is unaware of the existence of Triangle Heart 3 though)

Coidzor
2010-04-03, 04:43 PM
Either I messed up or I just introduced Julio Scoundrel to him for the first time. :smallconfused: Didn't show up on the list of similar names when I entered it in...

Temotei
2010-04-03, 04:49 PM
Either I messed up or I just introduced Julio Scoundrel to him for the first time. :smallconfused: Didn't show up on the list of similar names when I entered it in...

:smalleek: How dare he not know him!

Coidzor
2010-04-03, 05:01 PM
:smalleek: How dare he not know him!

Which has made me ask myself the question of whether anyone knows anything enough about the Giant in order to do him... I'm thinking probably not.

Now I'm wondering about minor characters to try out to pad it further with OotSy goodness...

And of course a bit about erfworld's representation.

Edit: The Giant's on there, actually... First time I'd ever seen a photo of him as well.

ThePhantasm
2010-04-03, 05:05 PM
Heh, I just beat him with Dr. Abraham Kuyper.

Temotei
2010-04-03, 05:09 PM
Which has made me ask myself the question of whether anyone knows anything enough about the Giant in order to do him... I'm thinking probably not.

Now I'm wondering about minor characters to try out to pad it further with OotSy goodness...

And of course a bit about erfworld's representation.

Edit: The Giant's on there, actually... First time I'd ever seen a photo of him as well.

Huh. First time for me too. :smalltongue:

deuxhero
2010-04-03, 05:30 PM
*enters information for Nale*
*Gets random guy I've never heard of*
*Gets Elan*

What? I said he has a beard. He didn't even get him right on the third try. All the questions are answered as he expected (except "is he in love with someone" which he expected no, not yes)

Tulio d Bard
2010-04-03, 06:08 PM
The Web Genius got Emanuelle. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: No picture for Rich when I tried. :smallfrown:

deuxhero
2010-04-03, 06:54 PM
I just had a weird one playing with Rommel. As soon as "no" on if the character was a dictator he asks questions that are very specific and I feel I'm beat... and he answers some other German general from WW2.

Eldan
2010-04-03, 07:40 PM
When I tried the giant, I got "there is no picture for this person yet".

Lucifer, from the Vertigo comics: he guessed Sinestro after 20, then Dio Brando (Whoever that is) and then finally Thanos.
He also had several questions he asked more than once. (Also: does your character have blonde hair? *yes* Does your character have black hair? *no* Does your character have white hair? *no*)

Tsukiko: he guessed Wonder Woman. This amused me. Then Misery, from Cave Story. Then he guessed "Your own RPG character". Huh. Some people must have used weird things.

The MitD: after answering "I don't know" to ever question relating to size, shape or colouration, he game me Zalgo. Then Aleshen'ka, whatever that's supposed to mean. Then Anonymous (God of the Internet). Beat him 3/3. New record.

Going with obscurer characters: Bel-Shamharoth. Guessed: The Tarrasque, Nyarlathotep, Yog-sothoth. General ballpark, I guess, but 4/4.

Since he didn't get Lucifer, I also tried Mazikeen. He got: Oderus Urungus. Never heard of that guy, but he seems to be some kind of demon, at least, and even looks a little like some of the Lillim. Then "Your own character" (Not the same as before). This is getting weird. Still, 5/5.

More lucifer characters: Elaine Belloc. Guessed: Rogue, Kujo Jolyne, Laura X. And 6/6. He's weak, today.

Temotei
2010-04-03, 08:03 PM
When I tried the giant, I got "there is no picture for this person yet".

Maybe it only works on certain versions. I used the American one when I had him guess Rich.

Tulio d Bard
2010-04-03, 08:18 PM
Maybe it only works on certain versions. I used the American one when I had him guess Rich.

I used the English one too (http://en.akinator.com/).

PersonMan
2010-04-03, 08:41 PM
Got him on Alexander the Great.

Morty
2010-04-04, 07:21 AM
He got two characters from old Czech cartoons. That was kinda impressive.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-05, 11:50 AM
Got him on Alexander the Great.

He didn't get Alexander the Great? :smallconfused: The extremely well known historical figure? No offence meant, but there must have been some wrong answers given, like when he couldn't get Steven Tyler from me. They're just too well known to never have been done before.

raitalin
2010-04-05, 01:00 PM
I was the first person to do Daniel Shays (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Shays). Yay for American ignorance of their own history!

Trobby
2010-04-07, 02:06 PM
Hmm...is it fair if we use a voice commentator? I mean, we never see them, so "I don't know" is pretty accurate for their physical description...

Incidentally, it didn't know "Jack (Cave Story)", so now it knows someone new. I wonder, though, if it knows about the other characters in Cave Story...

TIME TO CHECK! :smallbiggrin:

Rae Artemi
2010-04-07, 02:43 PM
He did't get Miharu form the anime Girls bravo. but he got me alot more than I got him.

randman22222
2010-04-07, 02:52 PM
The Akinator got Sufjan Stevens and Roland Orzabal. I'm kinda impressed by that. It didn't get Zachary Taylor, though.

Heehee... He got the KoolAid man. :smallbiggrin:

Oooh, he got Sebass-chan.

Castaras
2010-04-07, 02:52 PM
He didn't get Vetrinus Taleshire from Might and Magic VIII, but did guess Sandro from Heroes of Might and Magic.

Dogmantra
2010-04-07, 02:53 PM
Ha! Akinator! You shall bow before me!

It didn't get Kou Shishido (Gotcha Force), Jirix or Canadian folk singer Andrea Heins (http://www.myspace.com/andreaheins) but that's probably because she's quite obscure!

I'm off to try Morris from Dinosaur Comics.

EDIT: It didn't get Morris either. HA!

MandibleBones
2010-04-07, 03:04 PM
He repeatedly missed the Leanansidhe, but I think he's better about that now.

Thufir
2010-04-07, 03:05 PM
I tried him on minor-ish characters from major-ish Joss Whedon works, and beat him on all of them.
D'Hoffryn, Hamilton, Badger, Bad Horse and Alpha.

Clever though it is, it has some definite flaws, like it'll ask questions to which the answer can be determined from the answer to a previous question. A couple of times it even asked me the same question twice.

Dogmantra
2010-04-07, 03:08 PM
Clever though it is, it has some definite flaws, like it'll ask questions to which the answer can be determined from the answer to a previous question. A couple of times it even asked me the same question twice.

No joke, I once got the string of "Does your character have hair? (no), Does your character have blonde hair? (no), Does your character have black hair? (no), Does your character have unusually coloured hair? (no)

It still managed to get it though... I think I was doing Roy.

thubby
2010-04-07, 05:12 PM
I just had him guess this (spoilered for giant image)
http://en.akinator.com/photo0/partenaire/y/986709__1081519885.jpg
but it's name is ___, and i have no idea who it is 0,o

Istari
2010-04-07, 05:27 PM
So far, I've only got him with obsure video game characters

Trobby
2010-04-07, 07:27 PM
There is no shame in beating the Akinator with obscure video game characters. I mean, how else is he going to find out about important things like Itoh the Engineer and the TF2 Announcer?

Closak
2010-04-08, 02:54 PM
...Lol, i was thinking of Vanitas from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

Akinator thought i meant Jason Voorhees from Friday The 13'th

I guess it's saying something about Vanitas when he get's mistaken for Jason :smalleek:

Athaniar
2010-04-14, 08:04 AM
I return, and I bring death knights!

Lord Thorval - Failed. 20: Lich King, 30: Thorim, 40: The Nameless One (I said Warcraft, Akinator!).

Baron Rivendare - Got it in 20.

Teron Gorefiend - Failed: 20: Varimathras, 30: Mal'Ganis, 40: "vampire" (yes, a general vampire).

Thane Korth'azz - Failed. 20: "Drakedog" (no idea who that is), 30: Akama, 40: Archimonde.

Darion Mograine - Got it in 20.

Coplantor
2010-04-14, 08:09 AM
Curiouly, yesterday I played after months.

Got Monty Python and the Holy Grail's killer rabbit in 17 questions

Antimony from Gunnerkrieg's Court in 22

Failed to guess the Jewish Fat Rastafari with Hitler's Moustache (AKA Mr.Brown) from Monty Python and the Meaning of Life.

Failed to guess Lord Magtok from the forums although it seems he was already in his list of characters. As he tried to guess he said "Nyarlathotep", "Richard from LFG" and "Anonymous"

Douglas
2010-04-14, 08:18 AM
I can't say I'm surprised that he failed to get That Guy With A Halberd (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86816). Even the list at the end didn't contain TGWaH, though after I typed in the name he did recognize it.

The guesses were Mr. Miyagi (Karate Kid), Fezzik (Princess Bride), and Nodwick.

Trobby
2010-04-16, 09:23 AM
Hmm...well he got Rocky Rickaby (Lackadaisy, for those who don't know (http://www.lackadaisycats.com/index.php)), but he failed to get Ivy Pepper. And I swear, he asked if my character was American three times Did he think I was just kidding the first time?

He also didn't get Viktor. D: What, does he have no love for secondary cast members of internet-original webcomics? (Though he did give Keith (http://www.2kinds.com/) as a guess, so I have to give him a little credit for that. And he was CLOSE, since his final guess was Rocky.)

GrlumpTheElder
2010-04-16, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I got him with both Perkin Warbeck and Lambert Simnel!

Zovc
2010-04-16, 01:38 PM
Took him 25 questions to get Christopher Walken.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-16, 01:40 PM
Took him 25 questions to get Christopher Walken.

Did one of them involve "Does he dance?" Because it's the kind of thing he does that makes me loathe the smarmy imaginary git (see someones post about The Dude).

Zovc
2010-04-16, 02:13 PM
Did one of them involve "Does he dance?" Because it's the kind of thing he does that makes me loathe the smarmy imaginary git (see someones post about The Dude).

No, but "Has he encountered aliens?" was one, and the pose Akinator had struck had me like, "MAAAAAN, he is so on to me."

Beholder1995
2010-04-16, 02:47 PM
Just tried this- I did Morgoth/Melkor from the Silmarillion. By all rights, Akinator should've guessed Sauron, but he still guessed Morgoth. How does he know?

Athaniar
2010-04-16, 04:48 PM
Try to remember: were there any questions that might have made him guess it? About godhood, perhaps?

EDIT: It got Eyjafjallajökull in 40. Impressive.

Cealocanth
2010-04-20, 09:58 PM
This is cool, it took a while but after 3 times it got Descartes. i'll try a little more.
[Edit: other trials:
Charles Darwin, in the first try.
Alladin in the first try.
Billy Mays in the first try.
Aang from Avatar in the first try.
And then i thought of the falther of modern palentology, his name is Georges Cuvier and theorized that creatures can go extinct. I beat him!!!!!]

Sneak
2010-04-20, 10:18 PM
I stumped it with Don Lamb, Clarence Wiedman, and Van Clemmons, all supporting characters from Veronica Mars.

Mauve Shirt
2010-04-20, 10:35 PM
He got the freakin' Frying Pan of Doom. from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles. I'm surprised.

Cealocanth
2010-04-20, 10:57 PM
This guy's not so hard, you just have to think outside the box and pick someone not as famous. He failed at Erasmus Darwin, The Snarl, The Dark One, Alpha Centauri, Georges Cuvier...He's really not that hard.

Deth Muncher
2010-04-20, 11:21 PM
This guy's not so hard, you just have to think outside the box and pick someone not as famous. He failed at Erasmus Darwin, The Snarl, The Dark One, Alpha Centauri, Georges Cuvier...He's really not that hard.

You can also just keep picking "top, bottom." He'll NEVER get it. :D

Cleverdan22
2010-04-21, 01:40 PM
He's pretty good, you have to admire the guy who made this. He typically gets who I'm thinking of, but I still haven't been able to get him to get Marcus Jones, Jason's best friend from Foxtrot.

Cealocanth
2010-04-23, 10:53 PM
I'll give him credit for the program's coolness (sorry for a lack of a better word.) A 20 questions game that get's smarter every time he's beaten and has the ability to add new characters. That's a good idea.