PDA

View Full Version : I want to be creeped out.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-23, 11:31 PM
What are some good ghost stories? Lol, I am looking for a spook. Anybody?

Serpentine
2010-03-23, 11:33 PM
I recommend the book World Zero Minus. Sci-fi, but several creepy or disturbing stories in it.

For a quick-fix, though, one of my favourite stories:

A man wakes alone and frightened in the dark. Reaching for a match, one is placed in his hand.

Soterion
2010-03-23, 11:35 PM
The last man on earth sat in his room. The doorknob turned.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-23, 11:38 PM
"The last man on earth sat in his room. The doorknob turned. "

That is kinda creepy, makes me wonder what is turning the doorknob. Could it just be his mind playing tricks on him? Who knows.

Magnor Criol
2010-03-23, 11:42 PM
The Slender Man.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-23, 11:45 PM
It is possible it could be the Slender Man. He gives me the creeps. 0.0

Rutskarn
2010-03-23, 11:47 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20070227202043/http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/story_images/ellison/ellisontext.gif

Read this story (http://web.archive.org/web/20070227202043/http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/classics/classics_archive/ellison/ellison1.html). It's pretty creepy.

The Poet
2010-03-23, 11:47 PM
Traditionally, one fills the bed with minnows.

The Orange Zergling
2010-03-23, 11:52 PM
I'm not a big horror-person so this is the only real ghost story I have memorized but it freaked me out big time when I first read it. Might have had something to do with it being really late at night, but here it goes:

A man on a business trip is checking into his hotel. He is given his room key and goes down the hallway to the elevator when he hears crying coming from the other side of the door of Room 13. Concerned, he looks through the keyhole and sees a pale, young woman in a dress sitting on her bed weeping. The man decides there is nothing he can do and goes on up to his room.
The next morning, he comes downstairs from his room and checks the keyhole of Room 13 again. This time, he sees no girl, no room, no nothing, just blank redness. So on his way out, he asks the person at the desk about Room 13.
"Oh, that room is haunted," the clerk explains, "A woman was on her honeymoon when her husband left her and never came back. Her ghost stays there to this day."
Intrigued, the man asks, "What does she look like?"
"Well, she's young and pale, she wears a wedding dress and she has glowing red eyes..."

:smallamused:

Rutskarn
2010-03-23, 11:56 PM
I had to read that one twice to get it. Missed the part about the eyes at first.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-23, 11:59 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20070227202043/http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/story_images/ellison/ellisontext.gif

Read this story (http://web.archive.org/web/20070227202043/http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/classics/classics_archive/ellison/ellison1.html). It's pretty creepy.

Yeah, that was pretty creepy.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 12:01 AM
I'm not a big horror-person so this is the only real ghost story I have memorized but it freaked me out big time when I first read it. Might have had something to do with it being really late at night, but here it goes:

A man on a business trip is checking into his hotel. He is given his room key and goes down the hallway to the elevator when he hears crying coming from the other side of the door of Room 13. Concerned, he looks through the keyhole and sees a pale, young woman in a dress sitting on her bed weeping. The man decides there is nothing he can do and goes on up to his room.
The next morning, he comes downstairs from his room and checks the keyhole of Room 13 again. This time, he sees no girl, no room, no nothing, just blank redness. So on his way out, he asks the person at the desk about Room 13.
"Oh, that room is haunted," the clerk explains, "A woman was on her honeymoon when her husband left her and never came back. Her ghost stays there to this day."
"Well, she's young and pale, she wears a wedding dress and she has glowing red eyes..."

For some odd reason, this story reminds me of the Witch in Left 4 Dead 0.0

Kallisti
2010-03-24, 12:01 AM
Come and join me in the spiral...

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 12:03 AM
My friend totally caught my attention with this. It creeped me out.

"Daddy, I had a bad dream."

You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness — it's 3:23. "Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?"

"No, Daddy."

The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness of your room. "Why not sweetie?"

"Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy's skin sat up."

For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can't take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift.

Lycan 01
2010-03-24, 12:08 AM
I didn't get the hotel one at first. I read Rutskarn's post, then in the process of re-reading it I was thoroughly unsettled by the horrific realization of what was going on... Quite a good one, once you get it. :smallamused:

I know a few good ol' Southern horror stories from down here in Mississippi. Too tired to tell 'em now, though. :smallsigh: I'll write 'em tommorrow for you, though. I've got at least 3... :smallwink:

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 12:11 AM
Hahahaha I feel stupid, I just got the hotel story. hahaha that is really creepy and really clever.

rayne_dragon
2010-03-24, 12:18 AM
This was one of my favourite creepy tales as a kid:

Once, there was a man who lived alone and every night he would go around his house and check all the doors and windows to make sure they were locked. One night after he checked the last door he heard a voice say, "Good, we're all locked in for the night."

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 12:20 AM

Once, there was a man who lived alone and every night he would go around his house and check all the doors and windows to make sure they were locked. One night after he checked the last door he heard a voice say, "Good, we're all locked in for the night."

Lol wow, does he leave everything unlocked during the day? Or maybe it was just a ghost. *gasp* How did it get in????

Soterion
2010-03-24, 12:24 AM
Maybe it's always there. How do you know there isn't somebody standing behind you right now. Always behind you, staying just out of sight...

Serpentine
2010-03-24, 12:24 AM

Once, there was a man who lived alone and every night he would go around his house and check all the doors and windows to make sure they were locked. One night after he checked the last door he heard a voice say, "Good, we're all locked in for the night."I've read a version of that (same source as my first one). From memory, mine is:

A man went to visit a friend of his in the country. It got late, and it was decided he would stay the night. As they discussed where he would sleep, it was mentioned that he certainly couldn't stay in a particular room. When he asked why, he was informed that it was haunted. The man scoffed, and insisted that he be given that room. His hosts reluctantly allowed it.
After the man was shown to his room, he became both a little creeped out, and suspicious of a trick. So, he went to the door, looked out into the hall, shut it, locked it, checked the closets, looked under the bed, and thoroughly examined the room. Satisfied that he was alone, he got into bed and turned out the lamp. At that point, a voice came from the ink pot on the desk with a satisfied sigh: "now we're locked in for the night."

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-24, 12:25 AM

Oh, yeah, like I haven't heard that before. :smallamused:

Oh, and welcome to the playground KyoKonshi.

Welcome to Hinamizawa

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 12:29 AM
Thanks Max.

I do tend to get the feeling of being watched here and there. Lol. But I know I am not alone right now...my bf and my dog are next to me. Lol.

The Extinguisher
2010-03-24, 12:46 AM
Why do I always read these things at night.

scary stuff.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 12:48 AM
I know what you mean. I keep reading something about a Candle Cove. I can't tell if they are just trolling or if people really see the episodes. I don't get it. All I see is static.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 12:51 AM
Huh. When I'm creeped out, the hair on my head stands on end. I hate that feeling. But the only thing that's caused that recently was an image of a mass infection with bot fly larvae. *shudders*

308HTR
2010-03-24, 12:51 AM
Come and join me in the spiral...

Soooo creepy (http://www.onemanga.com/Uzumaki/). Also Croatoan by Ellison is creepy as heck.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:01 AM
Huh. When I'm creeped out, the hair on my head stands on end. I hate that feeling. But the only thing that's caused that recently was an image of a mass infection with bot fly larvae. *shudders*

I know what you mean. I am feeling that right now. This Candle Cove thing is bothering me.

SDF
2010-03-24, 01:01 AM
I was always a fan of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (http://www.surfturk.com/endoftheworld/ihavenomouth.html). But, that is more trippy sci-fi than creepy.

I have a hard time getting afeared so I'm a terrible judge. :smallfrown: I love horror, though.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 01:06 AM
I know what you mean. I am feeling that right now. This Candle Cove thing is bothering me.

What exactly is a candle cove?

308HTR
2010-03-24, 01:09 AM
I found a creepy story for you.
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:09 AM
They are saying it is a 70's show but when I watch clips of it all I see is static. But then I read comments and they are talking about parts of a show I didn't see. I don't get it. It is really confusing and bothering me big time. I am sure to have nightmares about it now.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:11 AM
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

What is the creepy story?

308HTR
2010-03-24, 01:13 AM
What is the creepy story?

Are you sure you don't mean "WHO WAS CREEPY STORY?"

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:14 AM
Lol Tell Me?

The Extinguisher
2010-03-24, 01:15 AM
They are saying it is a 70's show but when I watch clips of it all I see is static. But then I read comments and they are talking about parts of a show I didn't see. I don't get it. It is really confusing and bothering me big time. I am sure to have nightmares about it now.

It's probably just trolls.

If the Hypnotoad stuff is still on youtube, people do the same thing.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:16 AM
It's probably just trolls.

If the Hypnotoad stuff is still on youtube, people do the same thing.

The thing is...it isn't just on youtube. I looked it up on Google and got quite a few links.

Thajocoth
2010-03-24, 01:18 AM

Her mother. Duh.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 01:18 AM
The thing is...it isn't just on youtube. I looked it up on Google and got quite a few links.

Someone's probably screwing with you. I mean, it's not like this forum exists, either.

...come to think of it, how are you even here? =P

Rutskarn
2010-03-24, 01:19 AM

Yeah, this video is nothing but static. It's strange.

Here's the episode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2h5ym6ZlVY)--sort of weird to upload a blank video, but oh well.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:20 AM
Someone's probably screwing with you. I mean, it's not like this forum exists, either.

...come to think of it, how are you even here? =P

Lol easy...Answere to how I am here life wise...my mother gave birth to me. It is the living cycle.

Answere to how I am on this forum...I was researching Slender Man and came across this lol.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:22 AM
Wait, are you serious, or is this meta-trawling? Because I searched it on YouTube, and I got a video, and it's seriously terrifying.

Seriously, here's the episode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2h5ym6ZlVY). I'm not kidding when I say it's creepy.

EDIT: Oh, just finished. Yeah, there's parts where the guy's "commenting" on the video when it's actually just static. So, yeah, metacreepiness.

Really? Cause all I see is static.

Well aside from the first bit. After the monkey guy...all it is...is static.

Thajocoth
2010-03-24, 01:23 AM
Wait, are you serious, or is this meta-trawling? Because I searched it on YouTube, and I got a video, and it's seriously terrifying.

Seriously, here's the episode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2h5ym6ZlVY). I'm not kidding when I say it's creepy.

EDIT: Oh, just finished. Yeah, there's parts where the guy's "commenting" on the video when it's actually just static. So, yeah, metacreepiness.

I don't see the creepiness, honestly. It's just randomness, screaming & static.

Then again, my fears are not the normal fears... Maybe other people are afraid of screaming, sad kids, skeletal dogs or puppets in their boxers or something...

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:25 AM
I don't see the creepiness, honestly. It's just randomness, screaming & static.

Then again, my fears are not the normal fears... Maybe more people are afraid of screaming.

That is all I see...I don't get it. There is another one where it is just static. People still say they see things...I really don't get it. Lol.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 01:27 AM
Really? Cause all I see is static.

Well aside from the first bit. After the monkey guy...all it is...is static.

It's really poorly made trolling, hun. Rusty can't be trusted. :smallamused:

The Extinguisher
2010-03-24, 01:29 AM

Okay okay. I'm kinda creeped out.

How did they get that tape of my 5th birthday. I thought we burned all copies.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:30 AM
It's really poorly made trolling, hun. Rusty can't be trusted. :smallamused:

Thanks. It just really had me confused. People were talking about it like it was real.

Thajocoth
2010-03-24, 01:32 AM
Thanks. It just really had me confused. People were talking about it like it was real.

YouTube comments aren't really meant to be read... If the YouTube comments for a video are all talking about the video, than that's a dead giveaway that something's up.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:33 AM
YouTube comments aren't really meant to be read... If the YouTube comments for a video are all talking about the video, than that's a dead giveaway that something's up.

It wasn't just the youtube comments lol. There is a site where people actually talk about it and how creepy it was and how it was wrong of parents to let them watch that back then.

Rutskarn
2010-03-24, 01:38 AM

Yeah, the video's nothing but static. It's kind of weird.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:40 AM
I'm being honest here, guys. In the video I linked--that's this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2h5ym6ZlVY)--there's video up until :39. Then it cuts to static.

I believe you cause that is all I see. Well I am going to call a night. I look forward to reading what you all have to say tomorrow. Goodnight. ^-^

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 01:41 AM
I'm being honest here, guys. In the video I linked--that's this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2h5ym6ZlVY)--there's video up until :39. Then it cuts to static.

Oh. Well, yes, it does go that far. Sorry to accuse you of screwing with our minds this time. :smalltongue:

Rutskarn
2010-03-24, 01:44 AM
Oh. Well, yes, it does go that far. Sorry to accuse you of screwing with our minds this time. :smalltongue:

No, I'm saying the video is nothing but static. I don't see any footage from that link.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-03-24, 01:58 AM

The only thing horrid about that was the way it was written.
I want to perforate my frontal lobe with a ball point pen.

Player_Zero
2010-03-24, 02:13 AM
Yeah, this video is nothing but static. It's strange.

Here's the episode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2h5ym6ZlVY)--sort of weird to upload a blank video, but oh well.

The screaming is so amazingly forced.

And is that Winnie the Pooh wearing a mask before is goes static?

Then again, Winnie the Pooh is scary as hell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlM5VKZCkiw)...

Anyway, the sure-fire way to scare yourself is to stay up until about 4AM and have too much caffeine. Any paranoia-inducing dealie will have twice the effect.

Deth Muncher
2010-03-24, 02:50 AM
Anyway, the sure-fire way to scare yourself is to stay up until about 4AM and have too much caffeine. Any paranoia-inducing dealie will have twice the effect.

Truthfact. Another good way to get creeped is to start googling things to do with the occult, or have your girlfriend start telling you strange stories about her family and the ghosts that inhabit their house. You don't have to believe, the caffeine and paranioa will be enough for you.

I still refuse to go to her house...

Rutskarn
2010-03-24, 02:52 AM

There's a lot of truth in this. I wouldn't call anything I've seen in this thread actually scary, but when it's late, I'm out of my skull on various beverage-related stimulants, and I'm having trouble remembering how many Bs are in the word cabbage, just about anything will unsettle me.

Christ, is it 1AM already? Not that it's all that late or anything, but wasn't it four hours ago at some point? This needs looking into.

Delta
2010-03-24, 03:26 AM
I don't think a link as this (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Creepypasta/Awesome_Creepypasta) (WARNING: may contain NSFW ads) has been mentioned yet? Encyclopedia Dramatica has a long list of those stories, and I gotta admit, after reading through all of those all alone in the house late at night... I don't think I ever turned so often to look behind me in a single night ;)

Serpentine
2010-03-24, 03:34 AM
I think familiarity is starting to wear off the effect now, but where I'm working at the moment is extremely creepy. It's the bottom floor of the uni library. In the part I'm working, it's like a rabbit warren, full of twists and turns and old rooms with windows in strange places and sliding shelves. There's even an old recording studio, as I found out later: a red light, and two signs saying "underground" and "black and white". Most of the lights are usually off, and almost every door is locked, requiring you to use a key to open them, and - in some ways most scarily - lock them again. To get to my workroom, you have to go through a room that has a windowed door in front and behind you - one reflecting the other. This same room also has a window into a tiny dark room, which has another window to another tiny dark room on the other side.
You know that thing in horror movies, when someone will be distracted by something, and there'll be a "DUNN" and something will flash past a well-framed corridor or door or window, and they'll see it out of the corner of their eye but look around too late? That scene is set up EVERYWHERE down there.
And, of course, my boss told me about all the ghosts that supposedly haunt that floor, one of which I supposedly heard once.

edit:
A man wakes alone and frightened in the dark. Reaching for a match, one is placed in his hand.
The last man on earth sat in his room. The doorknob turned.That page linked above has a combination of ours:

The last man on Earth came home one night. He turned the lights off, got into bed, then remembered he had left the TV on.

He reached for a match, and a match was put into his hand.

Don't think it works.
In fact, why would there be TV if he was the last man on Earth? :smallconfused: Man, the more I think about this one the sillier it gets...

KuReshtin
2010-03-24, 04:56 AM
Don't think it works.
In fact, why would there be TV if he was the last man on Earth? :smallconfused: Man, the more I think about this one the sillier it gets...

Will Smith was watching TV when he thoght he was the last man standing in "I Am Legend". So it was recorded news broadcasts and DVDs, but he was still watching TV.

Serpentine
2010-03-24, 04:59 AM
Alright, fair enough. Guess he could have a generator, too.

TheCountAlucard
2010-03-24, 05:05 AM
Had a nice D&D session just a few hours ago. The party's travelling with a merchant, see, and they just got out of the spider-infested woods. The merchant's eager to see the next town, since he's had some good dealings with them in the past. The Ranger scouts ahead, and sees a cheery little hamlet, likely the place that the merchant is referring to.

When the party actually arrives, though, it's evident that the place has been utterly abandoned. It is devoid of people, and appears to have been in such a condition for about three months. The party splits up to investigate, while the merchant's bodyguards stick with the wagon.

The party does a nice bit of looting/reconnoitering before regrouping at the center of town. Most of the food they've found is rotten, but most of the tools and supplies are still fairly useable. When they get back to the center of town, though, one of the bodyguards had poked around at the inn, and found a fresh, steaming-hot meat pie waiting for him on one of the tables... He ended up eating it, of course. Guy had an INT of 6; not the brightest bulb in the box, if you know what I mean. Still, it creeped the party out...

Elm11
2010-03-24, 05:12 AM
I don't think a link as this (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Creepypasta/Awesome_Creepypasta) has been mentioned yet? Encyclopedia Dramatica has a long list of those stories, and I gotta admit, after reading through all of those all alone in the house late at night... I don't think I ever turned so often to look behind me in a single night ;)

Woah! can you please stick a warning when it's NSFW. I suppose it's my fault for not reading the encyclopedia drmatica line, but i really don't want to open a page with ads like that when i have parents walking past.

Delta
2010-03-24, 05:14 AM
Woah! can you please stick a warning when it's NSFW. I suppose it's my fault for not reading the encyclopedia drmatica line, but i really don't want to open a page with ads like that when i have parents walking past.

Oooops a thousand sorries. I got all those ads blocked here, I didn't even think about it. Gonna edit in a warning at once.

Rowsen
2010-03-24, 06:03 AM
I don't know if to counts as a story, but this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTSkWnKs9rM) song is at least 50% appropriate to the thread and 100% awesome.

Cicciograna
2010-03-24, 06:23 AM
Oh, I hate you all so much! Now I'm scared as hell! My ghost will haunt you all! :smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

Hardcore
2010-03-24, 06:35 AM
Ghost stories scare me not these days, but playing "Call of Cthulu: Dark corners of the earth" otoh...

Derjuin
2010-03-24, 06:55 AM
I don't know how creepy it is to other people, but the last fight in the Earthbound game for the SNES thoroughly creeped the crap out of me. And no, I'm not talking about the shape the boss takes in his final form; I'm talking about his dialogue during that fight.

Amiel
2010-03-24, 07:04 AM
Hope you "like" these :)

Agonis, the Agonised City

Formed from the birth/death screams of an aborted fetus of a dead god, Agonis sits within a mass of tumorous growth. Its buildings are pustules littered with seething masses of eyes, its portals maws of gnashing, twisted teeth.

The sun, itself, is a dripping necrotic heart, pulsing with unholy vigor and rhythm, its steady drone felt within the very bones of any unfortunates who dwell here. Its hypnotic caress making any inhabitants malleable and pliable.

Screams shatter through the air at irregular intervals, informing all with gross might the terrifying reality of existence. All here mutate. Into monstrosities of flesh and bone; with no discernible reason, no logical cause.

It is a prison, a jail of organs that inevitably flays all who live here.

----

It is the middle of summer, and you are relaxing at home after an abnormally hot day. You have opened the windows to let in the warm gentle breeze rather than turning on the air conditioning like so many other households. Your parents have gone to pick up dinner and have informed you they won't be back for a while due to traffic congestion.

You turn on the television for the evening news and as you do so, the lights flicker. Seems like the power grid can't cope with the electricity demand. Heh.

Suddenly, a knock at the door startles you from your nap. You must have dozed off without any effort. You go to answer the door. Your parents must have taken a shortcut.

It's your friend, one who you haven't seen in a long time, five years or thereabouts. Your best friend from childhood. As you look upon your friend in mild surprise and exclaim your happiness, both in greeting and by giving your friend a hug, your friend smiles a sad little smile. Your friend asks to be invited in.

You politely inquire about whether or not your friend is hungry, your friend denotes a negative. Unable to contain yourself, you take your friend by the hand and race upstairs like old times, to chat away like you did all those years ago, all those times before. Seconds trickle by into minutes and minute turn into an hour.
The power goes out, not unexpectedly and you prepared a candle just in case.

Suddenly, your phone rings. Your mobile, you must have left it downstairs. With the power outrage, it must be running on a separate power grid and reception line. You go downstairs to answer. It could be your parents.
Your friend implores you to stay, you promise to return quickly.

When you answer, a stranger is at the other end of the line. A professional voice tinged with sadness and fatigue. "Hello," he says
"I'm Doctor O'Brien. "

You are somewhat confused and hesitantly give a reply, "Hi, doctor, how can I help you?"

The doctor continues "I found your contact details within your friend's possessions. His/her parents are with him/her and have asked to contact you."

He pauses, "I'm sorry to say that your friend passed away recently. S/he was in a car accident and sustained massive injuries. There was nothing we could do. I'm so sorry...hello, hello? Are you still there?..."
*Click* Your mobile is out of battery.

You clutch the mobile as if it were a lifeline and cannot say anything. You turn your head to look up at the darkened staircase that leads up to the second storey. You promised your friend that you will return quickly. Yet...

What will you do?

----

There is a stain within a certain room that animals and even monsters dare not venture near. It appears seemingly as a blotch of paint; carelessly dabbed upon the hard wooden floors, themselves rotting with neglect and age.

No one lingers for long within that room; all (those intelligent enough) who hastily withdraw speak of an oppressive presence, its malign glare settling upon one's soul and laying it bare like so much useless paper.

All who have been in the room dream of rotting teeth and putrid flesh replacing the moon; that drips and shudders onto the firmament. This persists for two weeks, after which their dreams return to normal.

---

You get a phone call from your mother. Since her car has been in the shop, she asks you to go to the grocery store and pick up a few odds and ends for her. Bread, milk, cereal, and chicken breasts.

After writing down a small list you reluctantly get in the car and pick up the items at the store. The lady cashier makes an odd remark to you, "You know, we're in no danger of a milk shortage." Upon arriving at her house you knock several times. No answer. You decide to try the door. It opens. You place the grocery bag on the counter. Strange. There seems to be six other grocery bags, each with identical contents. In a couple, the chicken and the milk has gone bad. "Mom," you call out, but no answer. You make your way through the kitchen and into the living room. Sitting on the couch, with her head cut off and neatly resting on her lap, is your mother.

Naturally you call the police who come over to investigate. They mention that she has been dead for nearly a week. Furthermore, the police psychiatrist is at the scene and talks to you after you give your initial statement. Sitting on the front steps, you overhear the psychiatrist talking with the crime scene investigator. "It's not uncommon for people suffering from schizophrenia to get locked into a series of repetitive behaviors," he says.

You think to yourself, "They can't be talking about me. Schizophrenia? Nah. Repetitive behavior? Do they think I did this?" Suddenly your cell phone goes off. "Hello?"

"Hi hun, it's me. Could you stop at the store and pick up some chicken and milk. Oh, and I need some bread and cereal too."

"No problem Mom. I'll be right over."

----

"The portal opened...eyes, millions of eyes that speak, and hands that see, ears that gnash trying to consume my soul, mouths that speak not, only mad gibbering I can hear in my mind"

Also relevant (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exploring-the-amnesia-the/62132)

Derjuin
2010-03-24, 07:07 AM
Woops, forgot to provide ample viewing of my creepy selection:

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gbG_gzgyJI)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaErqaoWek&feature=related)

Like I said, though, it was creepy to me, dunno about other folks.

Daimbert
2010-03-24, 07:17 AM

There are two other variations on this that I heard, that I think are actually a bit better:

The last man on earth sat in his room. There was a knock at the door.

The last man on earth sat in his room. There was a lock on the door.

Amiel
2010-03-24, 07:28 AM
Some more stories

There is a retired cop on a street that a father is friends with. One day they got a call at the Police Department, and this old woman was sounding all panicked. She told the operator that her husband was sleeping in the bathtub and wouldn't wake up.

So the two cops got at her home (one of which is the cop that lives on a street) and the old woman was rambling. Out of the corner of the cop's eye, he saw the old man laying in a pile of cardboard boxes in the corner of the room. He immediately ran to him and then abruptly stopped, the old man's skin was crawling. It was full of maggots, he had been dead for a while.

----

The Virtue of Patience

There once was a married couple that was moving into a new house. While the husband was very patient, the wife was very impatient. the new house was very nice except it needed an extra room, because the wife was pregnant, and there was not a nursery yet built. So they contacted a carpenter to help them build it. The carpenter, who was very superstitious, surveyed the land and told them he could not do the job.
When they asked him why not, he told them that the spot was where an ancient cult would kill their victims by driving sharp stakes through them. When the couple told him that it was the only spot on the property with enough room for the nursery, he told them that he knew an exorcist that he could get to help, but he was away, so it would take several weeks for him to come and cleanse the spot. The husband started to agree, but the wife cut him off and told the carpenter they couldn't wait that long and that they'd build the room themselves. Reluctantly, the carpenter left, fearing for them.

So the couple began building the nursery, and it went quite well. Almost a month later, they were nailing up the last inner wall, when suddenly, they heard a strange moaning come from outside. The husband took a crowbar, and went outside to investigate, but before he did, he told the wife to absolutely NOT continue working on the room until he got back. So he went out, and she waited, and waited, and waited.
Over three hours later, he did not get back, and she was very worried, but she could not bring herself to go outside. She was so nervous that she had to do something to keep her mind off of it. Picking up her hammer, she went over to the wall. She hesitated as her husband had told her not to work without him, but the baby would come soon and they had to get this room done. So she lifted her hammer, and drove a nail into the wall. She suddenly heard a piercing scream. She dropped her hammer, and ran from the room into the other part of the house.

The next day, she dared not even leave her room, but then the carpenter suddenly pulled up in the drive way, with a strange looking man who must have been the exorcist. She rushed down to meet them, and told them what had happened. The carpenter and the exorcist rushed outside to where the husband had gone. A portion of the wall was dripping with blood. The carpenter got his tools and quickly tore down the wall.

Inside the wall, was the husband, restrained by ghostly figures that held him there, with one singular nail driven through his skull.

----

My wife and I celebrate our anniversary on the 21 of December. The past few years we have observed this occasion by renting a cabin at an Oregon State Park in central OR. Two years ago we weren't able to get a cabin at our preferred park, so we had to settle for our second choice at Prineville Reservoir.

As we drove in to the park, it was as beautiful as we had seen in the pictures, and we were looking forward to hiking around the interesting geologic formations. That night, we partook in our usual grilled meat and alcohol consumption ritual, enjoying the setting. Immediately after our arrival we began to notice a general sense of unease, but could not link it to any particular cause.

The next day we set out to do some hiking around the park, and noticed an eerie almost lifeless feeling in the area. The lake was very still, but press on we did, and found ourselves ankle deep in mud as we attempted our hike. Needless to say we turned back. At the cabin that night we found ourselves feeling isolated, a sensation we typically seek, however, we for some reason really wanted to connect with friends, and made several phone calls, with limited cell phone reception. We continued to imbibe, and eat good food, but that night proved to be strange for the both of us. We heard something scratching on the walls during our sleep, likely mice. I woke up in the night plagued by horrible dreams, and an oppressive sense of dread. After I woke my head was filled with the sounds of sinister music playing which I couldn't get to stop.

The next morning though, my wife told me of getting up in the night to use the restroom, and told me of something she saw while she was up. She said that she went to use the restroom, and turned on the dim light in there. There was a long mirror that went along the wall where the toilet and sink were placed. As she was finishing her business, she turned and saw in the mirror the shadow of a figure, about where the door was. She soon realized it was not me, and ran back to bed.

We had planned to stay one more night after that, but the experiences of the second night scared us enough we decided to head back to town. It could have been nothing, but my wife still talks about what she saw, and we continue to remember that trip with the same sense of unease we felt while we there.

----

There's a story of a woman driving late one night to her destination, alone. As she's passing through a rural country side, where no houses, lights, or any signs of civilisation are visible (with the exception of the road and road signs), something unusual happens. A body is lying in the middle of the road, face down, with its arms to it's side. Fortunately, she was driving slow enough to prevent the car from running over the body and she slows the vehicle to a stop about 20 feet in front of the body. She opens the car door with her focus fixed on the body and quickly moves in to investigate the possibly injured or dead individual in hopes to possibly aid the individual.

She kneels next to the body checking for blood first, and says with concern, "Are you okay?". No response is given, so she grabbed the shoulder of the victim and turned him or her around. What she finds is rather shocking.

It wasn't a man or woman, but a mannequin dressed in rugged clothing and nothing more. She jumped back in surprise and quietly whispered to herself, "why would someone put a mannequin in the road?"

As soon as she said it to herself, she realized why. Someone, or something, wanted her to stop and get out of her car. She froze with fear and knew that someone was watching her, if not already approaching her.

She then surprisingly found herself back inside her car, hands gripping the steering wheel with the mannequin still in front of the car, facing upwards from when she turned it. She punched the gas and sped out of the terrifying scene checking the rear seats of the car to make sure she was alone. Luckily, no one was there.

----

Long ago, a young man met and fell in love with a beautiful young woman. She was always dressed exquisitely and she always wore a black ribbon around her neck.

Soon the man and the woman were married and moved into a little cottage by the sea. They started out very happily, but soon the young man became more and more curious as to why his wife wore a ribbon around her neck all the time. One day he decided to ask her.
The only answer he received was that he would be sorry if she took it off, so she would not take it off.

The young man was not happy with his wife's answer.Time passed and eventually all he could think about was that black ribbon. One day, he awoke before his wife, went into her sewing box and got a pair of scissors, and cut off the ribbon that was around her neck. His wife woke up with a start. Her head fell off and rolled onto the floor while the woman screamed "I told you you'd be sorry!"

Serpentine
2010-03-24, 07:41 AM
We should write a song about that...

The last man on earth sat in his room. There was a knock at the door.
The last man on earth sat in his room. There was a lock on the door.
The last man on earth sat in his room. The stranger yearned.

Yeah, I had trouble finding a rhyme for "doorknob turned"...

Jimorian
2010-03-24, 07:53 AM
A friend of mine wrote the only horror story that ever creeped me out. It was so good she sold it professionally. I don't have a copy anymore, but it's based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidebehind

Renegade Paladin
2010-03-24, 08:01 AM
"The last man on earth sat in his room. The doorknob turned. "

That is kinda creepy, makes me wonder what is turning the doorknob. Could it just be his mind playing tricks on him? Who knows.
Velociraptors. Obviously. :smalltongue:

Killer Angel
2010-03-24, 08:25 AM

I've read a variation of this, made by F. Brown.
Obviously, it was a woman.

Liffguard
2010-03-24, 08:38 AM

I think this was originally, "The last man on earth sat in his room. There was a knock upon the door."

By virtue of removing one letter and changing another it can be made even creepier IMO.
"The last man on earth sat in his room. There was a lock upon the door."

ETA: Ninja'd. That's what I get for only skimming the thread before posting.

Sholos
2010-03-24, 08:48 AM
Oh, yeah, like I haven't heard that before. :smallamused:

Oh, and welcome to the playground KyoKonshi.

Welcome to Hinamizawa

Now that's creepy. Can't say I was creeped out by anything else in the thread, but then again I don't creep out very easily.

Graymayre
2010-03-24, 08:51 AM

I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep.

Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red.

Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story.

There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red.

I tell her I don't give a crap. Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast.

Such is life in Moscow

Graymayre
2010-03-24, 08:53 AM
My friend totally caught my attention with this. It creeped me out.

"Daddy, I had a bad dream."

You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness — it's 3:23. "Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?"

"No, Daddy."

The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness of your room. "Why not sweetie?"

"Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy's skin sat up."

For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can't take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift.

One more:
"Father, I had a bad dream"

You take a sip of vodka and roll over. You stare at the clocktower on Sobornaya Square it's 3:23. "Go back to sleep, there is work tomorrow."

"No, Father."

The familiar warm buzz of vodka starts to sink in. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness. "Why is that, devochka moya?"

"Because in my dream, when I was about to go back to sleep, the thing wearing Mother's skin sat up."

You pause, and face your daughter and look at her intensely. The figure behind you begins to stir.

"Don't talk that way about your brother, it is not his fault we have no money for coats. Such is life in Moscow."

Archonic Energy
2010-03-24, 08:55 AM
What are some good ghost stories? Lol, I am looking for a spook. Anybody?

i can see you...

nope i'm not there...

nor am i there...

i'm right behind you, don't look around...

i bet you a quid you looked around! :smalltongue:

scared yet?

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 12:37 PM
i can see you...

nope i'm not there...

nor am i there...

i'm right behind you, don't look around...

i bet you a quid you looked around! :smalltongue:

scared yet?

OMG! Lol. These stories you guys are giving me are good. But the quote for my "Daddy I can't sleep" story was just funny. Lol.

TheCountAlucard
2010-03-24, 12:46 PM
Such is life in Moscow.":smallbiggrin:

Please tell me you intend on subverting more stories in this manner. These are hilarious. :smalltongue:

Do you see me see you see me?

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 12:55 PM
...the NSFW got me a few times.

It's strange. Helpful spirits don't bother me. Neither does assured death. It's somewhere in between that scares me.

Graymayre
2010-03-24, 12:57 PM
:smallbiggrin:

Please tell me you intend on subverting more stories in this manner. These are hilarious. :smalltongue:

Sure, but I can't take credit for the idea. :smallsmile:

It's called Vodkapasta and its from one of the chans,
I'll convert ones you guys want me to.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:01 PM
...the NSFW got me a few times.

It's strange. Helpful spirits don't bother me. Neither does assured death. It's somewhere in between that scares me.

I agree with you.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 01:07 PM
...in thinking on it, I think the scariest things are ones that make you close your eyes and chant to yourself, "It's just a dream. When I open my eyes, everything will be ok.", and then you find yourself unable to open them, for fear of it not being one. But that's just me.

Or perhaps there being a reassurance that it is, in fact, reality. *shrugs*

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:10 PM
It was funny, last night I had a series of nightmares from researching things. I had over 5 and I only woke up from 2 of them. The mind is the scariest thing in my opinion.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-24, 01:18 PM
>.<

Now I'm jumping at the sounds of doors closing or opening.

...mind, I'm home alone, so that should bother me, but it happens every day, so...*shrugs*

...I prefer doors that open and close to my last room. Weird brown stain under my bed that occasionally smelled of rotting meat, and all sorts of electrical appliances turning on and off at random, or making groaning noises...

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:23 PM
>.<

Now I'm jumping at the sounds of doors closing or opening.

...mind, I'm home alone, so that should bother me, but it happens every day, so...*shrugs*

...I prefer doors that open and close to my last room. Weird brown stain under my bed that occasionally smelled of rotting meat, and all sorts of electrical appliances turning on and off at random, or making groaning noises...

That is pretty intense. I try to learn as much about the paranormal as possible. It is like a profession of mine. I look at photos and can tell if they are fake, watch videos and know they are not right. It kinda annoys me that the internet keeps trying to make things up. It makes things hard to believe now.

Rutskarn
2010-03-24, 01:26 PM
As far as appropriate music goes, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afmc6G6CmSU)is a good song, while not creepy in and of itself.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 01:48 PM
It is always the music that makes scary movies even scarier lol.

Graymayre
2010-03-24, 02:48 PM
During a war a soldier wrote to his mom all the time so she didn’t worry. One week the letters stopped. She had gotten a letter from the army saying that he had been captured and placed in a P.O.W. camp, but not to worry because they had no reason to believe that they had been mistreating the American Soldiers in the camps. The mom had received a letter from her son a short while later. It said “Dear Mom, Try not to worry about me, they are treating us well and I’ll be released as soon as the war is over. Make sure that little Teddy gets the stamp for his collection. Love you, Joe” The woman was overjoyed to hear the news, but was confused because she had no idea who “little Teddy” was. She decided to steam the stamp from the envelope and have a look. When she did she saw that written on the back of the stamp were the words: “They’ve cut off my legs”.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 03:24 PM
During a war a soldier wrote to his mom all the time so she didn’t worry. One week the letters stopped. She had gotten a letter from the army saying that he had been captured and placed in a P.O.W. camp, but not to worry because they had no reason to believe that they had been mistreating the American Soldiers in the camps. The mom had received a letter from her son a short while later. It said “Dear Mom, Try not to worry about me, they are treating us well and I’ll be released as soon as the war is over. Make sure that little Teddy gets the stamp for his collection. Love you, Joe” The woman was overjoyed to hear the news, but was confused because she had no idea who “little Teddy” was. She decided to steam the stamp from the envelope and have a look. When she did she saw that written on the back of the stamp were the words: “They’ve cut off my legs”.

That is really creepy and sad.

CurlyKitGirl
2010-03-24, 03:54 PM
Shame on you Serpie! How could you have not known about Castle of Spirits (http://www.castleofspirits.com/website/new/ghoststories/index.html)?
It's one of my most favourite ghost websites out there.

I can also do and creepy stories myself.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 04:08 PM
Shame on you Serpie! How could you have not known about Castle of Spirits (http://www.castleofspirits.com/website/new/ghoststories/index.html)?

That is a good website.

Sholos
2010-03-24, 05:12 PM
That is really creepy and sad.

How exactly do you define creepy? Because that story about the soldier's letter doesn't exactly scream creepy to me. Unfortunate, sure, but certainly not creepy. In fact, it's one of the least creepy things in this thread.

Graymayre
2010-03-24, 07:29 PM
Well creepy means having or causing a creeping sensation of the skin, as from horror or fear.

It doesn't fit the word fear, but horror means an overwhelming and painful feeling caused by something frightfully shocking, terrifying, or revolting.

The instance could be considered shocking and revolting. Ergo, if someone were to get a painful feeling from reading it, that also causes someone's skin to creep, then it's creepy.

I admit that the ending creeped me out when I first read it. It's the realism of the story that gets me. I do not feel any terror from stories that are based on the paranormal (probably because they can't happen). The fact that it could be so easily seen as a real event allows it reference to my real life, and subsequently makes it seem much more threatening.

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-24, 07:40 PM
By the way. KyoKonsho, you HAVE watched Higurashi NoNaku Koro Ni, right?

http://oldtaku.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/12086343824821.jpg

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-24, 07:42 PM
What are you wearing?

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-24, 07:53 PM
What are you wearing?

Ultramarine suit of armor, why?
Yes, I know you weren't talking to me.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-24, 08:12 PM
Answere to how I am on this forum...I was researching Slender Man and came across this lol.

Huh, I wasn't aware this forum was so prominent in the Slender Man thing.

But yeah, creepy? Try MarbleHornets. Although YourMilageMayVary.

Sholos
2010-03-24, 08:35 PM
By the way. KyoKonsho, you HAVE watched Higurashi NoNaku Koro Ni, right?

http://oldtaku.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/12086343824821.jpg

We watched that in anime club last year. Holy crap is that show creepy. Also makes you feel really bad for every single character in it, which makes you feel awesome at all of their own individual Crowning Moments of Awesome.

Serpentine
2010-03-24, 09:47 PM
I'dawiddawaddawhat? I didn't, but how did you know that? :smallconfused: Did your doll tell you?! :smalleek:
Speaking of which, you probably may as well post that story again...

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 10:29 PM
How exactly do you define creepy? Because that story about the soldier's letter doesn't exactly scream creepy to me. Unfortunate, sure, but certainly not creepy. In fact, it's one of the least creepy things in this thread.

Lol I find it creepy that they cut his legs off. I also find it sad that they cut his legs off.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-24, 10:34 PM
Lol it is spelled Kyonshi...meaning Zombie in Japanese lol. And no I have not seen Higurashi. I will have to check it out. Also I have watched the MarbleHornets youtube broadcast. It was totally fake but still creeped me out a bit. I watched all 24 videos yesterday.

nyarlathotep
2010-03-24, 10:59 PM
I know it's a bit late to just in, but the Candle Cove stuff is all just people playing along with a relatively new creepypasta. In it people discuss a rather disturbing kids show (spoilers) only for their parents to inform them that it didn't exist.

Maximum Zersk
2010-03-24, 11:02 PM
I know it's a bit late to just in, but the Candle Cove stuff is all just people playing along with a relatively new creepypasta. In it people discuss a rather disturbing kids show (spoilers) only for their parents to inform them that it didn't exist.

Just who we needed! A guy with the name Nyarlathotep!

Now all we need is Cthulhu, and Y'golonac, and we're all set!

Hida Reju
2010-03-24, 11:10 PM
I got one banned (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqi5F5MqqTQ&feature=PlayList&p=317F6A2E875D1003&index=16) from normal TV and it was a Kids show in claymation featuring characters from Mark Twain.

It was very creepy

Sholos
2010-03-25, 01:56 AM
Lol I find it creepy that they cut his legs off. I also find it sad that they cut his legs off.

If that's enough to creep you out, then I would actually suggest not watching Higurashi. I was disturbed by Higurashi, and nothing in this thread (that's not related to Higurashi) has even registered a blip on my creep-meter. From what I've seen, Higurashi will give you nightmares for a good while. Also, it's freakishly depressing for most of the show.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-25, 02:02 AM
I have an aversion to digit amputations. Like, watching someone's finger/toe get cut off? Yee. :smalleek:

Limbs, not as much. Wonder why...

Serpentine
2010-03-25, 05:10 AM
I got one banned (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqi5F5MqqTQ&feature=PlayList&p=317F6A2E875D1003&index=16) from normal TV and it was a Kids show in claymation featuring characters from Mark Twain.

It was very creepyThe Adventures of Mark Twain, a film rather than a TV show, and the Wikipedia article says nothing about it being banned.
But yes, very creepy :smalleek:

Cracked (http://www.cracked.com/article/18361_6-creepy-animal-behaviors-that-science-cant-explain/) articles (http://www.cracked.com/article_16721_6-more-creepy-urban-legends-that-happen-be-true.html), some (http://www.cracked.com/article_15628_5-creepiest-urban-legends-that-happen-be-true.html) not (http://www.cracked.com/article/171_6-creepy-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true-part-321/) for (http://www.cracked.com/article/181_the-6-creepiest-places-earth/) the (http://www.cracked.com/article_18381_the-5-creepiest-unexplained-broadcasts.html) faint-hearted (http://www.cracked.com/article_16502_5-creepiest-death-rituals-from-around-world.html), creepiness (http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html) variable (http://www.cracked.com/article_17199_7-most-horrifying-parasites-on-planet.html).

Sholos
2010-03-25, 09:05 AM
Not to mention awesome! :smallbiggrin:

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-25, 11:14 AM
Lol that show is all kinds of wrong. Wow. I got wide eyed for the most part of it. The only reason that story got to me and the cutting of the legs creeped me out was cause that can happen to soldiers in real life. Also the fact that they let him or told him to write to home saying he was alright. I don't know, something about that scares me. Dismemberment in animes don't scare me though. I can sit there and watch Hostel 1 & 2 and not get creeped out...until someone cuts the Achilles or rips off a fingernail...then it has me to the point where I don't want to look lol. Other than all of that I am fine with it all. Honestly right now, I don't know of a movie that could really scare me other than Jaws. That is only cause I have a deathly fear of sharks.I have Selachophobia which is fear of sharks.

CurlyKitGirl
2010-03-25, 12:45 PM
I'dawiddawaddawhat? I didn't, but how did you know that? :smallconfused: Did your doll tell you?! :smalleek:

Nope. I'm psychic. :smalltongue:
Plus seeing as we have the same massive collection of fantasy/supernatural/mythological encyclopedias I thought you'd have heard of this site. I've known about it for about five years.

Speaking of which, you probably may as well post that story again...

You mean this one? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7715786&postcount=23)
*shudders*

Serpentine
2010-03-25, 09:59 PM
Nope, it's new to me, although I have found similar ones. Although, to be honest, that one doesn't really impress me so much, although it could just be I haven't explored it properly yet.

Crimmy
2010-03-25, 10:09 PM

That is one awesometastic site.

Quite true... *Shudders*

Sholos
2010-03-25, 10:21 PM
until someone cuts the Achilles or rips off a fingernail...

Ummmmm....

ThreadKiller
2010-03-25, 11:36 PM

It was very creepy

Woah - awesome claymation, but definitely creepy. No wonder it was banned. :smalleek:

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-25, 11:50 PM
Woah - awesome claymation, but definitely creepy. No wonder it was banned. :smalleek:

Hmm. I don't know that that was truly banned. I definitely saw that either on TV or in school.

And nowadays, EVERYTHING on youtube is labelled as banned. :smallannoyed:

The claymation was pretty amazing, though.

GAThraawn
2010-03-26, 02:23 AM
If you want to be creeped out, I recommend reading my favourite real-life WTF creepy story, the Dyatlov Pass Incident (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident).

The Linker
2010-03-26, 02:40 AM
I had to read that one twice to get it. Missed the part about the eyes at first.

That totally flew over my head. I read it twice, then read your post, thought about it for a half-second, then...

Dear god that's a good one.

Shadowcaller
2010-03-26, 04:35 AM
If you want to be creeped out, I recommend reading my favourite real-life WTF creepy story, the Dyatlov Pass Incident (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident).

Well, that have a surprisingly obvious (http://www.cracked.com/article_16671_6-famous-unsolved-mysteries-with-really-obvious-solutions.html) answer you know.

May not be *too* obvious, but you get the picture.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-26, 01:25 PM
That totally flew over my head. I read it twice, then read your post, thought about it for a half-second, then...

Dear god that's a good one.

Yeah I had to re-read it. I didn't get it then I went back and was like "Oh...Oh wow. Haha Thats not creepy at all!" <---Sarcasm

Cobra_Ikari
2010-03-27, 01:29 AM
...watching seems generally benign. 'specially since they're stuck in the room. And if all you see is red, all they see is...iriscolor/black.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-03-27, 02:07 AM
Uzumaki (http://www.onemanga.com/Uzumaki/) and Gyo (http://www.onemanga.com/Gyo/). Have fun!

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-29, 05:55 PM
Uzumaki (http://www.onemanga.com/Uzumaki/) and Gyo (http://www.onemanga.com/Gyo/). Have fun!

So I am totally reading Uzumaki and it is pretty creepy. I also ordered the movie from Netflix and can't wait to watch it. It really does make my skin crawl.

KyoKyonshi
2010-03-29, 07:04 PM
Ok so Gyo has officially made my worst fears come to life. I am deathly terrified of sharks...like to the point where it is a phobia. Now, I am on the "Shark Attack" chapter and so yeah....I am shaking lol. The thought of sharks walking is the scariest thing in the world. Thank you lol.

Mystic Muse
2010-03-30, 02:26 AM
Okay, I just read "I have no mouth and I must scream."
at 3 AM.

wasn't scared at all.:smallconfused:

bibliophile
2010-03-30, 11:19 AM
Well I suppose this is fairly creepy. It's more puzzling then most UFO incidents.

see for yourself (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident)

KyoKyonshi
2010-04-05, 11:00 AM
I don't really find UFO's creepy. I am more into supernatural like ghosts and things like that.

KyoKyonshi
2010-04-10, 12:03 PM
So I watched the movie Uzumaki, it was horrible. They didn't follow the story line from the Manga at all and left out a good 10 chapters. I think they should make an anime out of it...I would watch it.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-04-11, 06:30 AM
Alright, here's my absolute favourite creepy story.

It's a cold dark night in December and you're watching television in an otherwise empty house. You see a report on the television about a murder case where a man dressed head to toe in black broke into a family's house and brutally murdered all of them. You turn off the TV and glance out the window. Standing in your snowy garden is a man dressed head to toe in black, looking straight ahead, straight at you, and smirking.

At once you rush for the phone and start to call for the police. While the phone rings, you look outside again. The man is still there, now several feet closer.

Then you see something which turns your blood cold. He's left no footprints in the snow.

For a second you try to comprehend this, and then the answer comes to you.

What you're seeing in the window is his reflection.

KyoKyonshi
2010-04-12, 12:16 PM
Wow that is hella creepy

Winter_Wolf
2010-04-12, 02:18 PM
Dread Cthulhu, that is frikkin' horrific. It's not even dark outside and I'm tweaking. Oh, and what is wrong with you? I mean that in admiration for your ability to make my skin crawl like that. That's right up there with the keyhole story, that is.

Serpentine
2010-04-13, 01:28 AM
:confused:
At least one variant of that story has already been posted, I'm sure of it...

Extra_Crispy
2010-04-13, 04:48 AM
Thought I posted this but reading through everything again I did not see it so here is my own story, the only time I have ever been creeped out.

As many of you know I am a nurse and work at a hospital. The first hospital built in Arizona. There are, of course, lots of rumors of ghosts and such, there is even a picture taken a long time ago that "shows a nun with no feet". Basically just a black and white picture of a nun where there is no feet showing. I have always discounted all the storys, never believed in ghosts, and that picture could easily just not show the feet because of it being black and white. Anyway I was a Patient Care Tech (PCT) at the time and was working on the rehab unit. I had just left a patients room and was entering another one when there was a very loud crash sound from the room I had just left. My first thought was the patient either tried to get up and fell or rolled out of bed so I ran back into the room. Total time from sound to when I was in the room, maybe 5 sec, so no one else could have left the room without me seeing them. The patient was in bed looking around. Those rooms had a deep drawer that held bags for trash, and another one for linnens. The linnen drawer, which was mostly empty, had been pulled out and was on the floor, about 1 foot from where it was supposed to be. The small drawer above it was pulled out but not all the way. The patient told me that she did not see anyone, nor could the patient have done it and got back into bed in time as she had a broken hip and was not moving that fast.

The really creepy part, I was teasing one of my coworkers about the ghosts that she supposidly heard in a different room. That she was just a scaredy cat and that ghosts are not real. That floor that is rehab now, used to be a labor and delivery and my coworker said she heard a baby crying from a room.

Needless to say I was creeped out for a while.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-04-14, 05:17 AM
:confused:
At least one variant of that story has already been posted, I'm sure of it...

I reread the thread just to make sure I hadn't been ninja'd. I don't think I have. Although I couldn't remember the original story so I paraphrased a fair bit. But glad to hear it still comes off as creepy. :smallbiggrin:

Also, if you're looking for creepy stuff then I can't recommend the SCP Foundation (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/) enough. Individually it goes between really creepy, really disturbing, really cool and really funny.

A few of my favourites:

SCP-173 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-173): The original SCP. There's an animation of it somewhere out there as well.
SCP-231 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-231): The single most distressing thing I have ever read.
SCP-604 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-604): Read it. I can't do this one justice, read it.
SCP-001 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-001): There are multiple SCPs proposed, and they're all worth a look, especially Sheaf of Papers. But that's not the real reason I'm linking this. You'll figure it out. :smallamused:
And lastly, SCP-835 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-835): If you're squeamish or easily disgusted, don't go there. This one was made as a deliberate attempt to create the most repulsive SCP possible, and as far as I'm concerned they managed.

Exeson
2010-04-14, 08:35 AM
There was a book thing I read online some time ago, it was called somehting like 'John dies at the end' or something. That was pretty scary.

Also there is a film called 'The Sphere' which is very creepy too in a sort of psychological horror without actually being horror way.

Water-Smurf
2010-04-14, 12:26 PM
Read 'Unwind' by Neal Shusterman. If you're not creeped by it, then there's an issue somewhere.

Mystic Muse
2010-04-14, 04:12 PM
Read 'Unwind' by Neal Shusterman. If you're not creeped by it, then there's an issue somewhere.

is this an online thing or a book?

Dr.Epic
2010-04-14, 06:22 PM
Recently I've been watching some episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? in part to relive the best parts of my youth. Now, most (actually all) of the episodes are super cheesy, but Tale of the Dark Music is pretty scary.

I'd also recommend a lot of HP Lovecraft stories. This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGGAjMg9vw) too freaked me out.