PDA

View Full Version : Spellscale Sorcerrer needs your ideas.

Zephyros
2010-03-24, 02:35 AM
Hallo there playground!

I need your feedback/suggestions/ideas on a character (feats mostly) I'll play in an upcoming campaign of a friend of mine. The setting is home-brew (in some ways resembling Eberron) and all books are fair game. We start at level 6.

The party consists of:

Changeling Factotum: TN (I am everyone/I can do anything/I roll any way kind of guy)
Tiefling Archivist: LN (unclear personality; haven't talk it through with her yet)

Those two are investigating a streak of strange mutations (I suspect arcane pollution) that happens in the city I was born.

I rolled 17 14 13 15 14 12

1)Are the dragon-blooded sorcerer level ACF worth it? I think only the first may be good if only for the free dragon heritage. Are there any good feats of the Dragon Heritage line worth taking?
2)Any of the dragon-related PrC from Races of the Dragon worth it for a sorcerer?

Other than that,
Go crazy.

Amphetryon
2010-03-24, 06:05 AM
1) Yes, several of the Dragon Heritage feats are worth it, dependent on concept. I often invest in wings to save spells for other things, for instance.

2) Dracolexi is generally considered worth it for a Sorcerer, from RotD. The bonus spells known and free metamagic options are pretty solid.

2a - I generally favor meditating to Tamara for Spellscales, especially in a small party. The ability to use Cleric spell-completion items is very useful.