PDA

View Full Version : Tome of battle entry about core classes

toddex
2010-03-24, 04:00 AM
I swear there was an entry in the tome of battle about updating the core classes with maneuvers and stuff. I cant find it for the life of me though! Did I dream this up or does this exist?

Irreverent Fool
2010-03-24, 04:06 AM
I think the bit your referring to just mentions that core classes can take 'martial study' or gain items that grant maneuvers in order to introduce them to the initiator abilities.

obnoxious
sig

Chrono22
2010-03-24, 04:14 AM
I houserule that melee-oriented classes can gain access to initiator levels on a 1 for 1 basis (choosing to progress as either a warblade, crusader, or swordsage).
It does a good deal to bridge the gap in power. The fighter is still inferior to the warblade, though.:smallbiggrin:

Zephyros
2010-03-24, 05:25 AM
A fighter with swordsage's martial progression and all that bonus feats (weapon supremacy and overpowering attack ACF especially) is still inferior to warblade? Haow???:smallbiggrin:

Tinydwarfman
2010-03-24, 06:36 AM
I houserule that melee-oriented classes can gain access to initiator levels on a 1 for 1 basis (choosing to progress as either a warblade, crusader, or swordsage).
It does a good deal to bridge the gap in power. The fighter is still inferior to the warblade, though.:smallbiggrin:

Wait, What? A fighter with warblade progression is better than a warblade. All those feats, and heavy armor proficiency! (mostly just feats though) If you let them take swordsage progression that's just ridiculous!

DeltaEmil
2010-03-24, 06:49 AM
But wouldn't they need to burn all (or most of) their feats to get the maneuvers? You don't get them automatically, even if your non-martial adept class are now counted without any penalty to your initiator level, don't you?

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-24, 11:29 AM
The closest I can think of is the Wyrm of War Soveriegn Archtype in Dragons of Eberron, which technically lets a Dragonwrought Kobold Sorcerer swap spells known for Tiger Claw maneuvers of equal level.

After that, there is the inverse (Arcane Swordsage). But no one wants that kind of broken.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-03-24, 12:01 PM
There's a fan-made one (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Tome_of_Battle_Core_Class_Update).