PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Class Feature: Factotum of the Wild

Satyr
2010-03-24, 04:45 AM
I am not usually bothering much with regular D&D homebrew, but since I playing in a more traditional D&D group than usual, and I was allowed to homebrew, I want to bounce this idea on the minds of the more... traditional homebrewers out there.

Factotum of the Wild
A Factotum of the Wild is much more at home in the wilderness than when meeting other people. They are often the companions of druids, rangers or even fey.
Level: 1st.
Replaces: If you select this alternative feature, you don't gain the Trapfinding or Arcane Dilletante class features.
Benefits: A Factotum of the Wild gains Wild Empathy at 1st level. She can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. The Factotum rolls 1d20 and adds her Factotum level and her Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result.
All usual modifiers of the Wild Empathy ability (see the Druid's class description) work as usual.
A Factotum of the Wild does not get the usual Arcane Dilletante feature, but the Druidic Dilletante replacement. This works exactly like the original ability, but instead of arcane spells from the Wizard/Sorcerer list, the Factotum of the Wild can use Divine Spells from the Druid spell list.

According to my opinion, this variant is slightlyweaker, or at least less flexible than a standard Factotum. That's okay, it is still a competent class, and it would fit well to the atmosphere of some campaigns (for example the one Iam currently playing in.)
Have I overseen something extra-cheesy?