PDA

View Full Version : [PRC, TOB] The Titan Warrior

Satyr
2010-03-24, 08:37 AM
It's interesting what you find when you look up all the old stuff on your hard drive. I, for example, have found roughly half a dozen Tome of Battle Prestige classes I wrote before I strated to seriously work on Serpents and Sewers.

I have translated these classes yesterday, and updated them a bit, but really, they are in their core two or three years old. For me, it's somewhat interesting how a few ideas which were later copied in S&S appeared here for the first time. Seriously, these include my first step in homebrewing for D&D.

Now, these are Prestige Classes how I like them: focused on beating people up, and actually quite competent in this field of expertise. If you ask me, the overwhelming majority of prestige classes for the already underrepresented melee fighters are much too weak, especially when compared to *any* prestige class with full caster level progression. Therefore, they might appear a bit powerful when compared to other fighter -specific prestige classes.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9125/szabostierkriegern.png

The Titan Warrior
Almost three centuries before the foundation of the temple of the nine swords, a small tribe of primitive mountain tribesmen watched a great battle between a Titan and a huge Red Dragon. The mortals were fascinated and shocked by the spectacular battle, and it became the defining moment of their small tribe. Soon, the hunters and warriors started to copy the moves and stances of the victorious titan and the defeated dragon as well, used them in ceremonial presentations of the epic battle they wittnessed as well as in more serious confrontations. This combination proved to be highly effective, and laid the foundation for a vivid maartial tradition in the tribe, who was later called the Tiger Paw clan.
Perhaps is the primitive Titan Warrior style the primitive prototype of the modern Tiger Claw discipline, and there are some astounding similarities in the ferrocious, barbarian styles used by the original Titan Warriors" and the modern canon of Tiger Claw maneuvers.
For the remaining Titan Warriors themselves, these questions are not very important anyway.

Design Notes:
The Titan Warrior is a very straightforward class. it is basically a combintion of a standard Barbarian with a sublime martial artist, especially a Warblade with an emphasize on the Tiger Claw discipline.

Requirements
BAB: +6
Skills:Intimidate 6 Ranks, Jump 10 Ranks, Martial Lore 3 ranks
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Bullrush
Maneuvers: One maneuver of second or higher level from the Tiger Claw Discipline
Special: Ability to Rage or Frenzy

HD: D12

Class-Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Nature) Knowledge (History), Listen, Martial Lore, Profession, Ride, Survival, Spot and Swim

Skill-points per level: 4+Int modifier

Table: The Titan Warrior
{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Disciplines
1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Titan Warrior Style, Barbarian abilities|--
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Rage 1/day|+1 level of initiator class
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Titan Strike|+1 level of initiator class
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Rage 2/day|+1 level of initiator class
5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Improved Power Attack |+1 level of initiator class
[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The Titan Warrior gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Disciplines: At each level except the 1st, the Titan Warrior gain new maneuvers, stances or readied maneuvers and an increase in his initiator level as if he had also gained a level in the initiator class he followed before. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Barbarian Abilities: The class levels in the The Titan Warrior prestige class stack with the levels in the Barbarian class to determine the access to the abilities Greater Rage, Tireless Rage and Mighty Rage. Thus, a 7th level Barbarian/4th level Titan Warrior would gain the Greater Rage ability.

Titan Warrior Style: A Titan Warrior who fights in a Tiger Claw stance may add his wisdom modifier (if any) to his constitution modifier to determine who long his rage lasts. A Titan Warrior can use all his maneuvers while he fights in a Rage.

Rage: At every even level, the Titan Warrior gains the ability to fly into a screaming blood frenzy once per day (or one additional time per day, if he already has a rage ability). The effect of this ability is identical with the effect of a barbarian's rage ability. If a Titan Warrior has improved rage abilities (such as the barbarian class features greater rage, indomitable will, tireless rage, or mighty rage), those improvements apply to the rage ability granted by the Titan Warrior class as well.

Titan Strike (ex): A Titan Warrior of the 3rd level is considered to be one size category larger for the calculation of weapon damage and when he tries to bullrush an enemy or resist a bullrush attempt.

Improved Power Attack (ex): Beginning at 5th level, a Titan Warrior gains a +3 bonus for every -2 penalty to his melee attack when using the Power Attack feat (or a +3 bonus for every -1 penalty when wielding a two-handed weapon) while raging. This benefit replaces the usual effect of a Power Attack.