PDA

View Full Version : How to find a game in the real world?

cyeiser
2010-03-24, 12:07 PM
I haven't played any D&D in a real long time, and I've been longing to get back into it. Can anyone here recommend a website or message board or something where I can find groups looking for players?

Mastikator
2010-03-24, 12:09 PM
I use facebook :P
Join a group for roleplaying in my local area and write that I'm available during weekends :P

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-24, 12:10 PM
It's easy to find a game.

It's not so easy to not lose the game.

:smallsigh:

Mauther
2010-03-24, 12:28 PM
There's a section of the forum to post openings. Several other gamign forums have similar services. Some FLGS keep a book or board for people looking for games or games looking for people. Show up at FLGS when they are running demos or tournaments.

You have my sympathy, its tough getting out there.

cyeiser
2010-03-24, 12:32 PM
What is FLGS?

Soonerdj
2010-03-24, 12:38 PM
Friendly Local Gaming Store :P

JohnnyCancer
2010-03-24, 12:41 PM
Facebook, Myspace, perhaps Craigslist if you're cautious. Check a gaming store, many have a game night (there's a place not too far from where I live that has three game nights devoted to Magic the Gathering, D&D 4.0, and Warhammer Fantasy/40K in turn). Some people also go to store game nights to recruit for games at other venues. Finally, see if you can't convince one or two friends to try a game at your place. Some of my earliest gaming experiences were with a group of people who had very little idea of how to play and it worked out.

cyeiser
2010-03-24, 12:44 PM
Thank you all for your kind replies.

Ernir
2010-03-24, 12:47 PM
Try converting your friends. :smalltongue:

RagnaroksChosen
2010-03-24, 12:56 PM
When i move to a new location i usualy google search for any lopcal gaming stores to see if they have websites alot of them have forums. If not i usuualy post something on there bulliten boards(physicial or meta) about how i'm looking for group. and what im looking to play.

Ozreth
2010-03-24, 01:07 PM
Yeah, local gaming store is the way to go. There is bound to be one within at least 10 miles of your place. If for some reason you cant find one you could try posting at bookstores around your area.

cyeiser
2010-03-24, 01:18 PM
Well, I put a post in the player registry on this site. Once I move next week, I'll definitely start looking for a gaming store nearby.

You've all been very helpful. Many thanks.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-03-24, 01:21 PM
Yeah, local gaming store is the way to go. There is bound to be one within at least 10 miles of your place. If for some reason you cant find one you could try posting at bookstores around your area.

I beg to differ, there are no FLGS near where I live, they are some though they are quite far away from my home and being underage and have your parents to drive you is a pain when the nearest store is at 20 min in car.

A

taltamir
2010-03-24, 01:23 PM
well then, how do you find the FLGS? :P

kidding, you ask around... i did... and i wish the FLGS was only 20 miles from my place... I have never actually been to a FLGS.

LibraryOgre
2010-03-24, 01:29 PM
I met my current 4 groups in several ways:

1&2) Palladium/3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars and 4e: Both of these groups I met via message boards. I noted their location and sent them an e-mail. I've been playing with Hzurr and his group for about five years now, and the group I met on the Palladium message boards for about the same.

3) My ex-wife knew my current Mage GM.

4) My Pathfinder GM has been my friend since high school.