PDA

View Full Version : Odd Crusader question:

Hadrian_Emrys
2010-03-24, 02:48 PM
I just now noticed the wording in the class maneuver section:

You can ready all 5 maneuvers you know at first level, but as you advance in level and learn more maneuvers, you much choose which maneuvers to ready.

Now, unless I've missed something, that means that a human with the Adaptive Style and Extra Granted Maneuver feats can freely spam their readied maneuvers so long as they remember to ready two less than the maximum amount. The shrunken pool size wouldn't even matter given the former feat's presence.

Can you imagine? Immortal Fortitude stance and constant access to maneuvers such as Covering Strike, Greater Divine Surge, Shield Counter, Strike of Righteous Vitality, and whatever else comes to mind... Makes me want to make a Con optimized build just to see how much damage can be done every other round with a pimped out Greater Divine Surge.

Douglas
2010-03-24, 04:06 PM
This was clarified in an FAQ somewhere as I recall. No, readying the full 5 maneuvers is not optional. You must ready the full amount of maneuvers, your only choice is which ones.

Hadrian_Emrys
2010-03-24, 04:12 PM
Well bugger all. It was a neat idea anyway. :smallbiggrin:

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-24, 04:16 PM
Well bugger all. It was a neat idea anyway. :smallbiggrin:

Keeping in mind that this is CustServ/The Sage/The FAQ's we are talking about, allowing the Crusader to do this is fairly imbalanced. His recovery mechanic goes from "Awesome, yet Practical" to "Must Have". The Crusader's Recovery mechanic is all ready very good because of how well it combines with PrCs and the Action Economy. It's balanced because you can't control it perfectly.

In the end, it's actually more balanced to take the FAQ's advice on this.

Escheton
2010-03-24, 04:24 PM
Its a little late lvl but...: if you take warblade lvls and take feats to get the maneuver and stance to get jade phoenix mage you can regain all maneuvers just by making a normal attack.
Made a build with it myself: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145253