PDA

View Full Version : Vestige Game

Demons_eye
2010-03-24, 09:13 PM
Well I have had this idea floating in my head for a game based Vestiges. The premise would be that the world of the Vestiges is wreaked and the Vestiges are forced to take shelter in various people on the plane. Binders lose all power and are in a frenzy trying to figure out what is going on. The players roll randomly or are given a Vestige to use permanently but they can not handle the power properly and hurt themselves when using it. They also fall under the influence of the Vestige and slowly the personality's merge leading to political figure heads, powerful kings, and even fearsome adventurers changing for the better or worse.

Things I wanted to touch on about the Vestiges:

Why Amon hates the other four and what happens when they meet on the plane.

Why Andromalius has so many items and what they mean.

Ipos adventures and what really happened.

Otiax's meaning with his gate.

Orthos and what happened to start the Vestiges.

Can anyone suggest anything else? What I want to do is make this a 1-20 game that could really last long.

gdiddy
2010-03-24, 11:34 PM
Honestly, in reading the ToM, the main appeal of the Vestiges was their mystery. They were alien. Gaiman-esque. They were on the edge of reality and reason. They gave and took. Answering their mysteries takes a lot from them. Is this some kind of Binder-only game of exploration?

Why not create your own and go from there?

Optimystik
2010-03-24, 11:57 PM
Don't forget to look at/use all the additional vestiges that have been printed, such as in Class Chronicles and Mind's Eye.

I would have the Order of Seropaenes (i.e. the Witch Slayers) trying to contain the mess. The PCs, having unwillingly gained vestiges of their own, could be targeted by the Order as heretics.

And rather than give them just one vestige, perhaps give them a certain level instead? Say, 6. Then they can bind one 6th-level vestige, or a 3rd+2nd+1st, etc.

What would their EBL be?

Revlid
2010-03-25, 05:24 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116836&highlight=silverclaw+campaign

Read through the first campaign.

Steal heartily. :smallwink:

Demons_eye
2010-03-25, 02:35 PM
Honestly, in reading the ToM, the main appeal of the Vestiges was their mystery. They were alien. Gaiman-esque. They were on the edge of reality and reason. They gave and took. Answering their mysteries takes a lot from them. Is this some kind of Binder-only game of exploration?

Why not create your own and go from there?

People make laws to break them, locks are made to be picked and mystery are made to be solved!

Don't forget to look at/use all the additional vestiges that have been printed, such as in Class Chronicles and Mind's Eye.

I would have the Order of Seropaenes (i.e. the Witch Slayers) trying to contain the mess. The PCs, having unwillingly gained vestiges of their own, could be targeted by the Order as heretics.

And rather than give them just one vestige, perhaps give them a certain level instead? Say, 6. Then they can bind one 6th-level vestige, or a 3rd+2nd+1st, etc.

What would their EBL be?

Th Order sound cool but for the idea more then one vestige would be bad unless you were a binder. EBL was going to be 20- Vestige Level unless you take binder levels. Then its Binder level +1/2 all other class.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116836&highlight=silverclaw+campaign

Read through the first campaign.

Steal heartily. :smallwink:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Also that **** blew my mother****ing mind. +1 Internets to you and +infinite Internets to Silverclaw and her group.

I would steal this so fast but the groups players frequent the forums and it would be all for not. Maybe, though, maybe.

V: got ya

DragoonWraith
2010-03-25, 02:39 PM
SilverClawShift is, I believe, female. But yes, yes that group is absolutely incredible.

Optimystik
2010-03-25, 02:48 PM
Th Order sound cool but for the idea more then one vestige would be bad unless you were a binder. EBL was going to be 20- Vestige Level unless you take binder levels. Then its Binder level +1/2 all other class.

Wait, I'm confused. I thought you said Binders' abilities didn't work because of the catastrophe. How then can the PCs take Binder levels?

And if the idea (as I first thought) is to allow everyone to tack a vestige onto their existing class while they solve the mystery, what's the incentive to take a lower-level vestige? That's what I was getting at with the level limit. They could pick one strong vestige, or a couple of weaker ones that work well together.

If I'm way off base, just let me know. :smallsmile:

Demons_eye
2010-03-25, 03:04 PM
Wait, I'm confused. I thought you said Binders' abilities didn't work because of the catastrophe. How then can the PCs take Binder levels?

And if the idea (as I first thought) is to allow everyone to tack a vestige onto their existing class while they solve the mystery, what's the incentive to take a lower-level vestige? That's what I was getting at with the level limit. They could pick one strong vestige, or a couple of weaker ones that work well together.

If I'm way off base, just let me know. :smallsmile:

Lower level Vestiges require little control so they influence people slower and when their power is used the players take less damage or the DC to resist is lower.

Binders lose the ability to bind or pact with any vestige that he has not encountered. Thus A binder setting in town could not bind anyone and A binder running around could possible only find level 8 vestige and not bind them. They are weaker but can use what ever Vestige the get without harm.