PDA

View Full Version : Savage Tide Clain Nulith's Journal

Boren
2010-03-24, 09:37 PM
(OOC quick note on what this is. This is a fictitious (dose not exist in the active game) journal written by my Allurin bard/mind-bender Clain Nulith. Currently progressing the Savage Tide campaign setting. Comments and reactions are welcome but please indicate you are not part of the active game to avoid confusion. My own posts will be marked with OOC, Out of Character, for when I post, well OOC, other then that please enjoy and let me know how you like this. Oh and one last thing I am going through the Savage Tide so SPOILER ALERT that is you first and last warning on the topic.)

Ah Sasserine; you are a warm welcome at last for the days along the trail to get here. I must admit though I am a bit disappointed; to hear that talk of this place in my town you would think this city on par with waterdeep. Still it is a vast improvement over my small town so it will do for now. My fist stop should be one of the local pubs to see if I can gain a few silver with my music; yes that will do for a start. One must never dream so large that one forgets their daily needs as my old mentor might say; easy for her to say.

Well I must say I think I gave that crowed one of the better performances of my life. Still I shouldn’t complain as I made more than I thought possible in tips tonight. I couldn’t believe how many coins I had left after paying for a room and dinner several gold if I count my coppers correctly, the bartender offered me a full time position and I must say I’m almost tempted, almost. Still it’s good to know that one can earn gold for ones hard efforts around here; I believe I chose well in coming here to start my life’s work.

I must admit today’s events have me worried; I received an invitation to dinner tomorrow night with a local noble Lavinia Vanderborn, a few questions asked around quickly told me she was a young attractive woman who had recently inherited her parents estate. While she may simply be looking to hire an entertainer for herself my gut tells me otherwise; especially as from what else I hear her estate has fallen on some hard times lately and I don’t think she would be looking to hire one of my talents for such an idol cause at this juncture. No I think it is far more my whip and magic she seeks to employ not simply my songs. Also although I cannot be completely sure I strongly believe I felt ‘mothers’ presents in the crowed last night. Her ability to change her face to any form she wishes make it impossible to know unless she reveals herself to me I thought I sensed her watching me. If she is here what does she want? Did she have a hand in this young noble sending me this invitation? So long as that chance is there I must be on my guard. ‘Mother’ has never sought to harm me before but with a creature such as her that must never be counted on for the future; and for all her displays of help and affection to me as a boy I must never forget she is still a demon of the abyss, an entity made of chaos, evil, and lust and she would drain my soul in a moment and never look back if the mood happened to strike her.

Boren
2010-03-26, 08:51 PM
I must say dinner when well tonight. If ‘Mothers’ hand is in any of this I can see no evidence of it. This woman Lavinia seems to be in full position of her will and senses; still I must never rule out the possibility of ‘mothers’ handiwork, visible or otherwise. Lavinia offered us a straight forward enough job; reclaim her ship from the harbormaster who has, at this point, stolen it from her. An agreeable enough assignment and the pay 200 gold seemed right. I wasn’t too sure about the others involved in this little venture, a hellbread with his armor covered in symbols of palor, a small blue gnomish girl whose heritage I failed to immediately recognize, and an elven thief who’s eyes seemed to dart back and forth among every object in the room that seemed to have any shine or sparkle to it. Looking to get the job done quickly we set out for the docks that vary evening. When we had arrived we found the ship, the blue nixie, not at the dock but tied to a more a good ways out in the harbor. As it was obvious at first glance it was much too far to swim our druid, as that was what I found the trade of the small one to be, suggested we should obtain a boat of some kind. I managed to hold my tongue on the obviousness of that suggestion and instead attempted to think beyond this first step to the posses of getting on the boat itself. I thought back to an old pirate tail I once heard my mentor recount and thought that we too might make use of this small trick. As he was about to take leave to obtain our boat I suggested to our thief that if he could somehow procure a large sheet of black cloth we might be able to put it to great use this night. I do believe he at once grasped my plan as he enthusiastically agreed and practically sprinted off to obtain the items; or perhaps he just likes to swipe things far too much…I shall have to keep a careful eye on my own coin pouch this night.