PDA

View Full Version : Serenity : Comic Books

SolkaTruesilver
2010-03-24, 09:47 PM
I just bought both Better Days and.. err.. Those we Leave Behind (?). I decided to read BD first..

Not a bad story. Some good comedy. Just 2 beefs:

1) What happened at the end, during the showdown? I just have NO FREAKING IDEA. Who was attacking whom?

2)
I really, really, really find Mal's action at the end to be extremely jerky and selfish. I mean, that was a Dethroning Moment of Suck. The guy betrayed their hope of getting what they've always wanted just to keep the crew together.

I will be reading the 2nd book soon...

Tirian
2010-03-24, 10:03 PM
I only read BD once before giving it to my brother for Christmas, but I agree with you on both points.

1) Check out the wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity:_Better_Days). They seem to be on top of who was fighting whom in the end.

2) Mal has pretty much always been a jerk to his crew. The ending was eye-popping but surprisingly not really out of place once I let it settle in.

Jaros
2010-03-25, 04:53 PM
I read both of them last year. I thought they were pretty good in places, but it kind of came across as more of a list of soe of the things we'd have seen in season 2, I found they were too short and couldn't dedicate enough time to either well-paced build up or pay off.

SolkaTruesilver
2010-03-25, 05:28 PM
This is an element I dislike about comic books in general: the climax is.. just too quickly gone.

Seriously, 3 pages? grrrr